AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-07-07, 12:25   Link #281
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorae_paladin1 View Post
Wow free dlc thats awesome unlike capcom.
Seriously, just saw on IGN yesterday that those twelve DLC characters for SFXT are going to be purchasable early for $20. You gotta laugh at how they are still doing that even after the shitstorm it caused when it was first revealed there was on-disc content you'd have to pay extra to unlock.

Meanwhile, Tekken keeps announcing new DLC, all of it free.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 13:52   Link #282
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

All the 4 stages are nods to places where Tekken is actually a big hit. It's a mistake of them to "surmise" the Spanish speaking community with Spain, but it's not like they know just how complicated things are simply by reading things from the outside.

I heard this rumor that Harada said that these 4 aren't even DLC and are simply already included in the disk along the regular cast.
Old 2012-07-07, 14:39   Link #283
Yorae_paladin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
All the 4 stages are nods to places where Tekken is actually a big hit. It's a mistake of them to "surmise" the Spanish speaking community with Spain, but it's not like they know just how complicated things are simply by reading things from the outside.

I heard this rumor that Harada said that these 4 aren't even DLC and are simply already included in the disk along the regular cast.
but its still free even if they are on disc capcom forces us to pay 20 for that harada says its free
"I do not hate you. I do not think your a monster just another species trying to live like us humans. If there is a monster in this world its nature itself for wanting and allowing spectacles of death and destruction."

Neo Human Angelus Von Doom to Abyssal Riful before there battle. My fic saga revelations of the past title Advent Rising
Yorae_paladin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 20:14   Link #284
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
I think they will be free
didn't Harada mentioned before that DLCs would be free?
Yeah of course
What I meant that we don't know whether the new 4 characters are also free DLC or not (already part of the main roster, so everyone can play them by the time the game came out). But it doesn't really matter IMO

Those new 4 really have original moves alright.

Quote:
Wow free dlc thats awesome unlike capcom.
It's said that characters and stages will be free, and if there are going to be any paid DLCs, it would be something like costumes.

Also, based on the last trailer, seems like the customization system is still the same as the arcade one (only head, upper, and lower body, unlike T6's layered clothing).

Hopefully the rumor of Shunya Yamashita costumes is correct, then
Old 2012-07-07, 20:19   Link #285
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

^
Capcom is now CA$H-COM with their bad dlc practices.

A good practice is like what Harada is doing banking on the first day buy with the dlc there.

I couldn't say the same for Soul Calibur though....
Old 2012-07-07, 21:43   Link #286
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
Yeah of course
What I meant that we don't know whether the new 4 characters are also free DLC or not (already part of the main roster, so everyone can play them by the time the game came out). But it doesn't really matter IMO

Those new 4 really have original moves alright.
ohhhh
well, hopefully they're already in it. I wouldn't wanna wait too long to use them

new moves looked like reanimation though. But who cares

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
It's said that characters and stages will be free, and if there are going to be any paid DLCs, it would be something like costumes.

Also, based on the last trailer, seems like the customization system is still the same as the arcade one (only head, upper, and lower body, unlike T6's layered clothing).

Hopefully the rumor of Shunya Yamashita costumes is correct, then
the females would certainly have some interesting costumes if that were the case

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
I couldn't say the same for Soul Calibur though....
how come? as far as I know, Soul Calibur got its glory back with SCV

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 03:39   Link #287
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
how come? as far as I know, Soul Calibur got its glory back with SCV
Not really in my pov, because they focused on the gameplay and the costumes only in SCV it lacked alot in story. All characters have no endings when you finish them, main storyline on focuses on only 2 characters, other characters don't get that much development or air time and lastly even though the gameplay is indeed better in SCV they've taken out some moves that where in SCV.

unlike Tekken every tekken game has a solid ending for each character even though some are for comedic purposes.
Old 2012-07-08, 07:27   Link #288
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Not really in my pov, because they focused on the gameplay and the costumes only in SCV it lacked alot in story. All characters have no endings when you finish them, main storyline on focuses on only 2 characters, other characters don't get that much development or air time.
I haven't played SCV itself but if the other characters doesn't really have anything to do with the main plot, of course they'd be left out at some point. But of course, they need closure. If they're suddenly gone without a reason then that's the writers' fault. Sometimes, other characters have something called sub-plots. Plots that are not really part of the major plot

for instance, here on Tekken, we have King-Armor King story.

Quote:
lastly even though the gameplay is indeed better in SCV they've taken out some moves that where in SCV.

unlike Tekken every tekken game has a solid ending for each character even though some are for comedic purposes.
moves come and go. If they're inbalanced or too useless, they change/nerf/buff/remove it
much like Tekken and most of the fighting games out there
I don't see anything wrong with this
if fans complain, then it would be back the next game if the company listens

as for the endings, as I've said I haven't played it yet so I don't know
complain like how the FFXIII-2 fans are complaining

Story isn't really that much important on fighting games. It doesn't really make any sense most of the time.
If you want to find a game with plot, go play an RPG or something lol :heh

Old 2012-07-08, 09:28   Link #289
Xagzan

Quote:
Not really in my pov, because they focused on the gameplay and the costumes only in SCV it lacked alot in story. All characters have no endings when you finish them, main storyline on focuses on only 2 characters, other characters don't get that much development or air time and lastly even though the gameplay is indeed better in SCV they've taken out some moves that where in SCV.

Eh, in T6 sadly most of the endings were comedic. Even Asuka, who you figure would have a bigger role in the main story, but all we got was another silly fight between her and Lili or something.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 22:51   Link #290
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
I haven't played SCV itself but if the other characters doesn't really have anything to do with the main plot, of course they'd be left out at some point. But of course, they need closure. If they're suddenly gone without a reason then that's the writers' fault. Sometimes, other characters have something called sub-plots. Plots that are not really part of the major plot

for instance, here on Tekken, we have King-Armor King story.
Sub plots are good, because each characters grows into our liking over the years and there are alot of new younger characters in SCV which really haven't developed in story quite well.

The only good thing here is that Mitsurugi if you played SCV still has a bit of a story if your gonna fight his rivals.

I really don't like lets focus on the 2 main characters, that also was done in T6 Lars and Alisa are too focused in the Campaign mode, which imho kinda antagonizes the other characters. The good thing is that there is dialogue for them in certain stages if you pick them, but cutscene it's still Lars and Alisa, Raven and Hworang at some point, but it's still the Lars storyline.

Quote:
moves come and go. If they're inbalanced or too useless, they change/nerf/buff/remove it
much like Tekken and most of the fighting games out there
I don't see anything wrong with this
if fans complain, then it would be back the next game if the company listens

as for the endings, as I've said I haven't played it yet so I don't know
complain like how the FFXIII-2 fans are complaining

Story isn't really that much important on fighting games. It doesn't really make any sense most of the time.
If you want to find a game with plot, go play an RPG or something lol :heh
Balancing I agree, though I few sweet moveset.

FFXIII-2 DLC ending. Yes one reason why fans are pissed.

Tekken randomized the endings and gives us "what if" endings which is cool interesting. For example T4, what if Paul won he becomes rich and dates girls, but sees himself still a fighter and leaves Mishima Zaibatsu, another in T6 Ganryu comedy ending he gains the power of the devil, but couldn't fly because of his weight, funny and interesting at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
Eh, in T6 sadly most of the endings were comedic. Even Asuka, who you figure would have a bigger role in the main story, but all we got was another silly fight between her and Lili or something.
Tekken focuses on random endings and "what if" endings on what is happening with the current Tekken character, in Askua Lilly is her rival/friend, they focused on that more. Heck even Ling's love story ending was a dream, random at least it gives "interest" in the character daily life besides the main story which is cool in my part.
Old 2012-07-09, 09:17   Link #291
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I really don't like lets focus on the 2 main characters, that also was done in T6 Lars and Alisa are too focused in the Campaign mode, which imho kinda antagonizes the other characters. The good thing is that there is dialogue for them in certain stages if you pick them, but cutscene it's still Lars and Alisa, Raven and Hworang at some point, but it's still the Lars storyline.
I don't think you're quite getting it.
Scenario Campaign == Lars and Alisa's story mode
Lars and Alisa are the protagonists of Tekken 6. Tekken 6's story was told in Lars' point of view
so naturally, they'd be the focus. Namco was diligent enough to create dialogues if you're using a different character on scenario campaign. Though it's like that, it's non-canon anyway.

The arena stage there serves as the story mode for the other characters.

and when did Raven and Hwoarang ever met here? I can't remember any instances that they met and clash on the tournament.
on T5, Hwoarang battled Jin and defeats Jin -> Devil Jin comes out and brutally beats Hwoarang -> Hwoarang was put in hospital and prison after -> gets bailed by Baek then trained -> joins Iron Fist Tourney in T6

Raven was a substitute partner when Jin controlled Alisa.

Quote:
Balancing I agree, though I few sweet moveset
uhhhh wut?

Old 2012-07-09, 09:59   Link #292
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
I don't think you're quite getting it.
Scenario Campaign == Lars and Alisa's story mode
Lars and Alisa are the protagonists of Tekken 6. Tekken 6's story was told in Lars' point of view
so naturally, they'd be the focus. Namco was diligent enough to create dialogues if you're using a different character on scenario campaign. Though it's like that, it's non-canon anyway.

The arena stage there serves as the story mode for the other characters.

and when did Raven and Hwoarang ever met here? I can't remember any instances that they met and clash on the tournament.
on T5, Hwoarang battled Jin and defeats Jin -> Devil Jin comes out and brutally beats Hwoarang -> Hwoarang was put in hospital and prison after -> gets bailed by Baek then trained -> joins Iron Fist Tourney in T6

Raven was a substitute partner when Jin controlled Alisa.
In the Campaign mode it's Lars and Alisa, they're main focused characters, other characters suffer because it's not their story, only line dialoagues. I wish even other characters have a story not just Lars and Alisa which is shoved down our throats like the bro and sis from SCV.

Arena mode is the better imho.

My bad there....I meant you get Raven as a partner when Alisa leaves, my bad also on Hworang because I was using him in Campaign mode in my last gameplay of T6 because I wanted to hear what he has to say to Jin. Kinda stuck to me.

Quote:
uhhhh wut?
Agh...typo...

Balancing I agree, though I miss a few sweet moveset.

I like a character having more movesets and still keeping their old moves.

Last edited by kenjiharima; 2012-07-09 at 10:48.
kenjiharima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 10:52   Link #293
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

just saw this on facebook

Spoiler for Forest,Tiger,P.Jack,Alex and Combot:
Old 2012-07-09, 10:56   Link #294
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
In the Campaign mode it's Lars and Alisa, they main focused characters, other characters suffer because it's not their story only line dialoagues. I wish even other characters have a story not just Lars and Alisa which is shoved down our throats like the bro and sis from SCV.

Arena mode is the better imho.
everyone can't be the main characters

as I've said, Scenario Campaign is Lars and Alisa's story mode

Quote:
I wish even other characters have a story not just Lars and Alisa which is shoved down our throats like the bro and sis from SCV.
what are you talking about? Everyone had their part in the story
why do you want them all to be included in the story so much?
not all of them are equally important in the story.
if a story had different focuses and different POV, the story would get very confusing and complicated

Old 2012-07-09, 11:36   Link #295
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

^
I know.I just don't like their character focus in Tekken6 and SCV.
I like the rumble endings pov of each character in the game makes it interesting in my case.
Unlike, this is the main storyline so let's just follow that.

Anyways Young Heihachi is in PlayStation All Stars

Damn!!! He owned Kratos!!! Heihachi is awesome!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSvLQDUQ858
Old 2012-07-09, 11:42   Link #296
Yorae_paladin1

Heihachi just has to be a prick all the time tying all those characters in all stars in ship and sending them to space
"I do not hate you. I do not think your a monster just another species trying to live like us humans. If there is a monster in this world its nature itself for wanting and allowing spectacles of death and destruction."

Neo Human Angelus Von Doom to Abyssal Riful before there battle. My fic saga revelations of the past title Advent Rising
Yorae_paladin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 20:58   Link #297
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Well he represented PlayStation in the cross over characters in SC2, so he's really and awesome prick.

also this from the Tekken site

http://www.junodownload.com/remix_tekken/
Old 2012-07-10, 23:06   Link #298
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Heihachi just has to be a prick all the time tying all those characters in all stars in ship and sending them to space
lol, why not? he already sent Jinpachi, Kazuya and Jin all of them to space once.

EDIT: @Kenjiharima: hey, why is Heihachi so big in that last picture? is it some kind of new mode or something? and mushrooms. >S
Old 2012-07-11, 07:29   Link #299
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

^
There is a "GIANT Heihachi" announced in the facebook page of Tekken. That's where I got the image.

So whats next? Nintendo VS Namco?! XD
Old 2012-07-14, 10:31   Link #300
xip
future tekken lord

ooooooh another pre-order bonus - 100 plus swimsuits for customization!

Spoiler for kunimitsu in a melon bikini for real!!:

and new trailer BAD GIRLS of Tekken

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJZQ6icEMjQ

my stick is ready!
xip is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fighting game