AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-03-31, 23:37   Link #1361
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Akira - good grief, this putz. I don't want to think about him too much. Seething with petty jealousy and envy, and generally annoying in his mannerisms too. Look kiddo, if you have redeeming qualities, please show them SOON, okay? Thank you.
Akira was trying to pick a fight with Misaki in episode 13 and the way that She sidestep his jealous remark was very well done. Misaki has the patient of an sait taking her punishment.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 02:43   Link #1362
Gohan78
Awakened One

Quote:
Yayoi - I believe I understand her quite alot better now. And I found out that I can't hate her. For her, Yuki is the pinnacle of her work, no, even more than that, her life. She clearly believes that isolating her from Touya is the right thing to do, and so she follows through with that no holds barred.
My problem with Yayoi is that her plan is so flawed that it's stupid.
If her little affair with Touya is discovered (and sooner or later this is bound to happen), not only Yuki will be devastated but she will also lose her job. I expected that a clever person like Yayoi would come up with a better plan than "screw my client's boyfriend to keep him away from her".

Quote:
Touya: I'll put his positive aspects first. I can't really hate him because he lacks one thing: He is not malicious.
I don't know. The only reason he is not malicious is that he is too stupid to understand that Haruka/Mana/Misaki have a crush on him.
But he was ready to jump on Misaki's ship when the opportunity came. He was uncertain of his relationship with Yuki and was seeking an excuse to dump her.

Quote:
He DID decide to forfeit sex with Yuki to help out Misaki, even though he'd really have preferred to pass.
I am not sure about this. He DID go to Yuki's apartment first but was chased away by "guard dog" Yayoi... Even if he truly decided to ignore Yuki, he was helping Misaki more to distract himself from his own problems than for a genuine interest.

Quote:
Akira - good grief, this putz. I don't want to think about him too much. Seething with petty jealousy and envy, and generally annoying in his mannerisms too. Look kiddo, if you have redeeming qualities, please show them SOON, okay? Thank you.
Yes, Akira is despicable but I can somehow tolerate him because he fullfills two roles in this show:
1. he is one of the few who give Touya some much needed bashing;
2. he is Misaki's "punishment".

Quote:
Eiji - god, what a selfish bastard. And pretty mushy in his head.
I am still neutral towards Eiji because, despite his harsh words, he still hasn't done anything bad. Now, I expect that to change coming season two.
(De Vermis Mysteriis)
Gohan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 06:36   Link #1363
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan78 View Post
My problem with Yayoi is that her plan is so flawed that it's stupid.
If her little affair with Touya is discovered (and sooner or later this is bound to happen), not only Yuki will be devastated but she will also lose her job. I expected that a clever person like Yayoi would come up with a better plan than "screw my client's boyfriend to keep him away from her".
Is it so stupid? I'm not sure. There are two possible ways to look at it: One: The vital first concert was a smashing success since Yuki was able to work undisturbed, so anything what "happens after" doesn't matter much anymore. Two: Who is supposed to "tell" Yuki how far they went? The only ones knowing are Touya and Yayoi, and Touya is hardly in a position to accuse credibly Yayoi. Also, Yayoi could easily defend herself by saying that she was trying to spend time with Touya to comfort him from the backlash of the splitup. Finally, even if we assume the worst and the kissing part is revealed: Who says that Yuki's anger must be directed at Yayoi only? I could perfectly imagining her looking calmly at Yuki and saying "this guy has come onto me. Do you really want a boyfriend like this? Shouldn't you be thankful to me since now you know who he REALLY is?".

In a nutshell, from "taking the hit for Yuki" as a "Mission Accomplished" self-immolation to the cool "look what a prick he is, be thankful to me" there are various possible ways for Yayoi to continue. Besides, Yuki isn't in Rina's position - she doesn't have the authority to fire Yayoi anyway.

Quote:
I don't know. The only reason he is not malicious is that he is too stupid to understand that Haruka/Mana/Misaki have a crush on him.
But he was ready to jump on Misaki's ship when the opportunity came. He was uncertain of his relationship with Yuki and was seeking an excuse to dump her.
No, he was swept up in the flow of Misaki's self-accusation and wanted to stop it. His "I love you" was a direct response to Misaki's statement that he didn't think of her in any special way. That was no exclusive "I want you instead of Yuki" outburst, it was a "you ARE special to me (too)" one. Rewatch episode 9 from this angle. And I can't see malice from this.

Quote:
I am not sure about this. He DID go to Yuki's apartment first but was chased away by "guard dog" Yayoi... Even if he truly decided to ignore Yuki, he was helping Misaki more to distract himself from his own problems than for a genuine interest.
He clearly wanted to go to Yuki, yet he decided to help Misaki, and he followed through with it. That's what counts in my book. And he worked hard and dedicated to help too, I saw no indications whatsoever that he saw it as a distraction from Yuki. Where did you pick up this impression?

Quote:
I am still neutral towards Eiji because, despite his harsh words, he still hasn't done anything bad. Now, I expect that to change coming season two.
Er... the way he treated and used his sister was pretty ugly in my book. Very cold and manipulative. And Yuki will be much more vulnerable to Eiji's schemes, since she's not remotely as streetwise and independent as Rina.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 06:58   Link #1364
Zippicus

Quote:
Is it so stupid? I'm not sure. There are two possible ways to look at it: One: The vital first concert was a smashing success since Yuki was able to work undisturbed, so anything what "happens after" doesn't matter much anymore. Two: Who is supposed to "tell" Yuki how far they went? The only ones knowing are Touya and Yayoi, and Touya is hardly in a position to accuse credibly Yayoi. Also, Yayoi could easily defend herself by saying that she was trying to spend time with Touya to comfort him from the backlash of the splitup. Finally, even if we assume the worst and the kissing part is revealed: Who says that Yuki's anger must be directed at Yayoi only? I could perfectly imagining her looking calmly at Yuki and saying "this guy has come onto me. Do you really want a boyfriend like this? Shouldn't you be thankful to me since now you know who he REALLY is?".

In a nutshell, from "taking the hit for Yuki" as a "Mission Accomplished" self-immolation to the cool "look what a prick he is, be thankful to me" there are various possible ways for Yayoi to continue. Besides, Yuki isn't in Rina's position - she doesn't have the authority to fire Yayoi anyway.
I'll give you credit for trying to defend an insane situation at least

I'm pretty sure that at this point if Yuki told her bosses that either the backstabbing boyfriend stealer goes or I go, Yayoi would be toast.
Zippicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 07:23   Link #1365
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Can always rely on Mentar for some great input and chance for a positive discussion.

Quote:
For Rina, my heart is bleeding. Like Key Board, I foresee a Sheryl Nome development for her. Discarded by her brother for the younger flesh, on the waning part. With good intentions towards who seems to be her only real friend nowadays - Yuki - but who I expect to accuse her of shady business with Touya soon, losing Rina even that. She's the one I wish a happy ending for the strongest. I think that _the_ defining theme of the show is "isolation". The misunderstandings about the nature of relationships leading to miscommunication and their eventual breakdown. Rina is the prime example here - feeling dejected and discarded. And it's only going to get worse.
I feel bad for Rina too. Her time to shine has come to an end and I would have to blame her brother for that. She still has a ton of fans and can still sing like she loves but Eiji says she is done so that's that. (On a side note, Sheryl FTW!)

Quote:
Yuki - alot depends on how she'll react once she realizes what's really been going on. Generally she's a kind and earnest girl, with alot of patience and tolerance, but also with quite a bit of naivete and self-absorbedness. In any case, character doesn't really show in sunshine, but in crisis. She'll get there, and then we'll see. And all stardom aside, I can already foresee that she's going to run out of her seeming Myriads of friends very soon. Unless I'm mistaken, she'll eventually turn against Rina out of suspicion (unjustly), she'll feel betrayed by Yayoi (justly, but shocking Yayoi), she WILL be betrayed by Eiji (who I now feel to be a huge slimebag), and her relationship to her friends (Misaki, Akira, Haruka) isn't all that positive anymore. "It's lonely on the top" is an old saying. Methinks she's going to learn that.
I can see her turning on everyone out of circumstance too. I don't think Rina has done anything yet to warrant suspicion, perhaps she'll try and get closer to Touya next season. But she is pretty disappointed in him right now, so yeah. I just hope Yuki and Rina get happy endings at the very least.

Quote:
Yayoi - I believe I understand her quite alot better now. And I found out that I can't hate her. For her, Yuki is the pinnacle of her work, no, even more than that, her life. She clearly believes that isolating her from Touya is the right thing to do, and so she follows through with that no holds barred. It certainly wasn't lust or malice that motivates her to seduce Touya, but a sense of duty. Should Yuki find out about her tryst and lash out against Yayoi for it, she'll probably be surprised and hurt. The stalker subplot also indicated that while she's generally very much in control, there's a limit to her aswell. Shivering in Touya's arms showed a brief glimpse of a human side. It will be interesting to see how she copes once she's unrooted and the center of her life turns against her, causing her to be isolated.
Well, would Yuki be more upset with Yayoi or Touya with their little affair? Yayoi initiated it but Yuki loves Touya with all of her heart. I think how she finds out will decide on how she deals with Yayoi. She will definitely feel betrayed but just how much.

Quote:
Misaki - She irritated me alot early on. The needy-adhesive type who consciously intrudes in areas where she's supposed to stay away from runs into one of my personal biases, and in fact, she was guilty exactly of what I expected her to be fairly early. However, my dislike has softened alot due to two factors: First, it was HER who eventually pushed Touya away, recognizing the highly unsavory situation and drawing the right conclusions and consequences. She had the realistic chance to follow through with a poaching attempt, but she eventually aborted. This is hard to do, yet she did it. Also, I feel that she's putting some effort into giving Akira a fair chance, hoping that once he overcomes his extreme jealousy of Touya, he might turn out okay. A long shot, and a thorny road, but not hopeless. I respect that. (Side comment: Misaki is atypical for the female characters in that she is the only one NOT one step away from being isolated)
I think Misaki irritated most of us at times. Akira is still getting shafted though since she still has a lot of feelings for Touya. And you can't build anything while someone cares for another person. Poor Akira.

Quote:
Mana - I like her, I can't help it. She's opinionated, rash, and she's absolutely dishonest in her treatment of Touya, but most of all, she is terribly _lonely_. Touya is her wannabe-oniichan with the capability for romantic interest, the one supposed to help her fill the void in her life, and she is genuinely trying to help him out where she can. Her tolerance about sleeping on the job. Her efforts to procure a ticket for him. I believe that she will be and remain a voice talking truth to Touya where others won't (as long as it doesn't require lying to uphold her charade about her own designs on him), even when she realizes that he actually always told her the truth about being Morikawa Yuki's boyfriend. She's fairly bright and capable, and I can't blame her about her "Yuki misunderstandings". In a nutshell, I pity her. And I think that she can turn out fine if she finds a way to break out of her isolation.
Mana is win all around. She might be the strongest of all the heroines at this point too since she doesn't well, believe a word Touya says, haha. It will surely be interesting to see her reaction when she finds out Touya was telling the truth the whole time. It should also be good if her Mother does something concerning Touya to get to Yuki and Rina, but that would be too much to add to an already big fire.

Quote:
Haruka - good grief. I sympathize with Mana, but Haruka has a _real_ emotional problem. Her fixation on Touya is not remotely healthy. Touya is the middle of her life, but she's playing more the role of a supporting pet for him, someone who he feels to care for a bit out of obligation. A dog he has to feed and take out for a walk every once in a while, and who he can use for certain chore-style jobs. Completely asymmetrical. It's a pity, because Haruka is really bright and perceptive, but she is projecting her desires, needs and hopes on absolutely the wrong person. Her panicked reaction to Mana's umbrella was very revealing. I believe that the two of them linked up fairly well because they're both in comparable circumstances: Lonely, fixated on (the same!) oniichan-replacement. But Haruka is realizing with dread that she's losing ground. Her world is unraveling and she can't see how to deal with it. Someone PLEASE give her a worthier target than Touya, and things could be fine for her.
I'm not sure if Haruka's feelings for Touya are brotherly love or romantic love. She'll also have a hard time visiting Touya now that Akira ran her bike over,

Quote:
Touya: I'll put his positive aspects first. I can't really hate him because he lacks one thing: He is not malicious. He generally does not try to exploit the blessings of his goddesses (with one notable exception: Dragging Yayoi into his apartment). And I feel that his using of Haruka is more thoughtlessness than calculation. He does not realize that he's got alot of pull with all the girls to consciously use it (like for example Makoto from School Days). He's more the noble peer who gets sugar blown up his @ss and who doesn't even realize that this is the case. A spoiled, lazy and passive brat. How can this not be annoying to the viewers? Who would NOT love to be in his shoes? Grr. Hard to suppress the envy

Then again, I do think that he DOES genuinely try to care for those around him. He DID decide to forfeit sex with Yuki to help out Misaki, even though he'd really have preferred to pass. He IS worried about Haruka and tries to be there for her to a certain degree. He DID drag Mana into his apartment due to genuine worry for her. And I'm convinced that he actually DOES believe that he's doing Yuki a favor by screwing Yayoi in the meantime.

In other words, he is stupid. Sorry. He reminds me of a piece of styrofoam on waves - floating up because that's how things are and all the goddesses pamper him, but unable to think his situation through and unable to play an ACTIVE role in achieving something. I suspect that his emotional wound originated from being kicked out of the house for some reason. We'll probably learn more about that later. And in the meantime, we see his relationships with his goddesses increase in urgency, but also beginning to decay. Master punched him, Akira hates his guts, Misaki dumped him... it will go on, down this slippery slope. And the longer he and Yuki stay together, the smaller the chance that they will actually end up together.
When did he pass up sex with Yuki? The only time I can think of was when she fell asleep in her room. And how can he think screwing Yayoi can help Yuki!? And I wonder how the development with his Father will impact him. I can see the old man clubbing Touya while he still can to knock some sense into him.

Quote:
You can't blame him though. He's had it rough.

Quote:
Eiji - god, what a selfish bastard. And pretty mushy in his head. I found it breathtaking how nastily he broke the news to Rina, and how callously he dropped her after that too. A true music artist, it seems. With a very unhealthy addiction to Yuki. He already positioned himself as a rival to Touya, so he will go after Yuki in more than one aspect, and he will have the power and influence to make inroads. AND use it. I suspect that once Yuki-Rina turns sour, he'll be hard to restrain.
If Eiji makes some moves on Yuki when they are alone I will be so pissed off.

Quote:
I can say however that if I had all remaining episodes of this show, I'd marathon them in a heartbeat. Which is more than I could say for any other show of this season. Looking forward to October 2009!
I'm gonna marathon the first season before the second starts for a nice refresh. Will most likely pick up on a few things I missed before too.
Old 2009-04-01, 08:19   Link #1366
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
You can't blame him though. He's had it rough.
You are the first one that has any sympathy for the guy. He had plenty of time to confess to her. he didn't confesse earlier because he was shy, but because he knew he was going to be rejected. Only after Misaki rejected touya, he had the courage to confess. Now he is bitching because misaki still talk formally to him and has not called him Akira yet and she's already called touya by his first name.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 08:28   Link #1367
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

And Akira manages to make himself look like a royal ass all the time, he plainly couldn't defend Misaki when she COULD HAVE DIED, and he just seems slow on the uptake and feels so arrogant while about it. He seems pretty desperate to get Misaki at times, but when he gets any free room, he gets arrogant and doesn't really look after her. That's his downfall.

In fact, it's like he was slow in the uptake for a long while now. How long he's going to shift blame on Touya, we'll have to see. Touya isn't a saint, but man, Akira belongs in that lousy company. One sways like the leaf, the other follows it as if it is a steady rock.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 10:07   Link #1368
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

All I'm saying is you can't blame him for how he ended up in this situation. Everything he has done (except for the confession, how stupid can you be to do it in that situation) is understandable (minus running over the bicycle, lmao, I still laugh at that).
Old 2009-04-01, 10:42   Link #1369
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippicus View Post
I'll give you credit for trying to defend an insane situation at least
Someone has to ^_^;

Quote:
I'm pretty sure that at this point if Yuki told her bosses that either the backstabbing boyfriend stealer goes or I go, Yayoi would be toast.
Probably so, but ask yourself: Do you see the current Yuki do that? Do you see Yuki throw a tantrum or make threats or posing an ultimatum? Really?

It seems to me that the relationship between Yuki and Touya is evading any common concept and classification. Remember what Touya once said about Yuki? "She's like air". She's his "everyday". I wouldn't be surprised if there never ever was any formal confession or going out decision between them. It just "happened". And when all of a sudden Touya dropped off the face of earth for 2-3 weeks, any normal relationship would have been in dire straits. When they suddenly ran into each other, they didn't even SPEAK.

This Yuki running to Eiji with fire in her eyes, demanding Yayoi to be fired? I just don't see it - YET. And somehow my gut feeling wonders if Yayoi really ran such a huge risk, or if she might know Yuki better than we do.

Imagine Yuki confronting Yayoi whether what she heard (e.g. from Rina), namely that Yayoi and Touya were seen dating and even kissing was true. And Yayoi said "It was my duty to protect you from any distractions before your debut. And so, I took care of Touya, who was lonely. Was that wrong?"

How would you see Yuki react?
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 13:52   Link #1370
Used Can

I honestly don't think Yuki would react that badly. She's a fairly calm person, and I think she understands the current situation of her's and Tōya's relationship. It is really complicated for both of them, particularly for Tōya, since he's been led to believe he's doing nothing but dragging Yuki down.

About Yayoi, I don't think Yuki would develop ill feelings toward her either. I'm fairly sure their relationship would never be the same, and that it'd slowly break apart, but I don't think she'd become enraged at her. Yayoi has helped Yuki quite a lot, and what she did with Tō, in her own mind, was for Yuki's success.
Old 2009-04-01, 15:42   Link #1371
Key Board
Carbon

Yuki would blame herself
but Yayoi won't have any of that and in turn, she would blame herself
Touya not wanting to be outdone would blame himself
I would face palm and Eiji would smirk

That's one possible (awful) scenario
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 16:44   Link #1372
Zippicus

Quote:
Probably so, but ask yourself: Do you see the current Yuki do that? Do you see Yuki throw a tantrum or make threats or posing an ultimatum? Really?
Well with this show it's hard to say how anyone would react since they're all so dysfunctional. I can say a normal person would probably be upset enough to not want to deal with someone that caused them a big pile of grief.

Quote:
It seems to me that the relationship between Yuki and Touya is evading any common concept and classification. Remember what Touya once said about Yuki? "She's like air". She's his "everyday". I wouldn't be surprised if there never ever was any formal confession or going out decision between them. It just "happened". And when all of a sudden Touya dropped off the face of earth for 2-3 weeks, any normal relationship would have been in dire straits. When they suddenly ran into each other, they didn't even SPEAK.
It's clearly a dysfunctional (I'm probably going to have to use this word a lot ) relationship. It's also clear that they want to be together (assuming we can believe what they say to each other and other people) but there's some obstacles in their way. We were tossed into the show in mid relationship so I wouldn't want to make any assumptions about what went on before that. But considering that Yuki was ready to hop into the sack with Touya I'd say at least she considers it a fairly serious relationship. All of their friends seem to acknowledge them as boyfriend and girlfriend as well.

Quote:
This Yuki running to Eiji with fire in her eyes, demanding Yayoi to be fired? I just don't see it - YET. And somehow my gut feeling wonders if Yayoi really ran such a huge risk, or if she might know Yuki better than we do.
Sure that's possible, but I'm reminded of the saying "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned". This is the kind of stuff that can make best friends into enemies.

Quote:
Imagine Yuki confronting Yayoi whether what she heard (e.g. from Rina), namely that Yayoi and Touya were seen dating and even kissing was true. And Yayoi said "It was my duty to protect you from any distractions before your debut. And so, I took care of Touya, who was lonely. Was that wrong?"

How would you see Yuki react?
I'd see her being terribly hurt by the whole situation. That pain could manifest itself in different ways. I mean she just told the guy she loved him so I'd expect a backlash at least that strong. I can't really see her thanking Yayoi for banging her boyfriend though (honestly I can't see anyone doing that unless they're swingers or something).
Zippicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 18:27   Link #1373
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
I honestly don't think Yuki would react that badly. She's a fairly calm person, and I think she understands the current situation of her's and Tōya's relationship. It is really complicated for both of them, particularly for Tōya, since he's been led to believe he's doing nothing but dragging Yuki down.
There is no way a naive girl like Yuki would be okay with the man she loves, her boyfriend, getting busy with another woman. She may not start a war but I would have to say there is a very good chance she would react badly to it, in one way or another.
Old 2009-04-02, 09:21   Link #1374
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
There is no way a naive girl like Yuki would be okay with the man she loves, her boyfriend, getting busy with another woman. She may not start a war but I would have to say there is a very good chance she would react badly to it, in one way or another.
Yep thats how i see it she might not start the war but Yuki could finish it. Yuki still lives in her dream world where everything is working out great shes had a successful concert she a idol she still has her b/f whom she honestly loves.

But what happens when that is shattered. I believe we will see a new Yuki one whose naivety will be shed as she faces the real possibility of losing Touya. Then comes the questions of was she not enough for him, maybe it was her not him. But in the end i feel Yuki will stay the course in her love for Touya and work to have both her love and her career. As much as Yuki is not my favorite character i must admit i could never see abandoning someone she honestly loves and she whole heartedly loves Touya.

The problem is the journey and their biggest obstacle will Eiji who i think is the root of all evil, its obvious he will try to keep Yuki from Touya. He will get his in the end Rina will have the last laugh over her brother and Yuki maybe involved in it.
Old 2009-04-02, 22:00   Link #1375
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

I'll post more later, but I enjoyed this last episode and look forward to the next season.

However I must comment, if you truly hate this show, and are still complaining about how you want to drop it, you must have a serious masochist issue.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-03, 22:17   Link #1376
Nosauz

Wow Eiji has topped the charts as probably biggest douche ever, but his attitude makes me want to watch him more. I love his blantant lies to touya, its so damn entertaining. It's like everything he says has a j/k after it. His compulsive lying is just so damn enjoyable, I'm betting I'm alone in this category?
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-03, 23:01   Link #1377
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Spoiler for music:

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 02:58   Link #1378
Gohan78
Awakened One

Quote:
Is it so stupid? I'm not sure. There are two possible ways to look at it: One: The vital first concert was a smashing success since Yuki was able to work undisturbed, so anything what "happens after" doesn't matter much anymore. Two: Who is supposed to "tell" Yuki how far they went?
1. It matters if Yayoi's objective isn't just a fleeting success but to grant Yuki a long-lasting career.
2. They could be seen. Touya could feel guilty and spill the beans. In fact he already did, to Rina. There are many ways this thing could go wrong.

Quote:
Besides, Yuki isn't in Rina's position - she doesn't have the authority to fire Yayoi anyway.
Do you really think that an artist will continue to work with a manager who betrayed her trust? She could just ask Eiji to fire her. It's true that Yuki is a calm and collected person but it is also true that we never saw her facing a major hurdle yet. We don't know how she will react when faced with the harsh truth of the situation.

Quote:
No, he was swept up in the flow of Misaki's self-accusation and wanted to stop it. His "I love you" was a direct response to Misaki's statement that he didn't think of her in any special way.
This is even worse because his words weren't sincere but just out of pity. There were better ways to stop Misaki's self-accusation than to suddenly declare his love for her, while he was still trying to pair her up with Akira until five minutes before. In fact Misaki recognized his hypocrisy and rejected Touya.

Quote:
He clearly wanted to go to Yuki, yet he decided to help Misaki, and he followed through with it. That's what counts in my book. And he worked hard and dedicated to help too, I saw no indications whatsoever that he saw it as a distraction from Yuki. Where did you pick up this impression?
The title of episode 6 spells this clearly: "A Good Way to Forget Your Own Problems. How About Sticking Your Head into Other People's Troubles?"
I noticed that the episode titles are always subtly related to the story.

Quote:
Er... the way he treated and used his sister was pretty ugly in my book. Very cold and manipulative.
He made her a first-rate idol. Now Rina can walk on her own two legs. It's not like he tossed her out of the company either. What's wrong with trying to groom another talent?
As of episode 13 I can't blame Eiji very much. Touya and Akira are worse individuals in my book.
(De Vermis Mysteriis)
Gohan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 08:24   Link #1379
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan78 View Post
He made her a first-rate idol. Now Rina can walk on her own two legs. It's not like he tossed her out of the company either. What's wrong with trying to groom another talent?
As of episode 13 I can't blame Eiji very much. Touya and Akira are worse individuals in my book.
Whooaaaaaa.. stop there.

Eiji is worse than those two, by far. Rina can't walk on her own two legs - she is owned by the company and if the company won't put anything out she can't do much. She may not be on the street but she can't do what she loves to do. Eiji isn't grooming another talent, he is replacing an old one because he can't get off on it anymore. Not to mention what he's been doing with Touya, he is scum.
Old 2009-04-11, 10:00   Link #1380
Copycatken

Was it ever explained why Rina was screwing up so often during her rehearsals before the concert, in episode 11? Was it because of the pressure of the "competition" or because her brother was now more interested in grooming Yuki than her?

Tags
drama, eroge, romance, seinen