AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-10-16, 09:00   Link #261
Insane
Banned

Man, Shizuku's dad when seeing her daughter bringing a boy home was totally hilarious.....

Funny as hell. I was laughing my ass off.
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-16, 09:12   Link #262
Kirarakim

The poor dad he had no build up because she never brought friends home just went straight for the guy.
Old 2012-10-16, 09:16   Link #263
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
He pretty much admitted that he doesn't like her the way she likes him, which is to say, romantically. The way I see it, Haru probably regards Shizuku as a "best friend forever", but to a much more intimate degree. Or perhaps an osananajimi he always wanted but never had. Which, ironically, is completely fine with Shizuku, because she was having a panic attack over them rushing into a romantic relationship.
Well, he did a fine job of leading her on then ;_;

Haru: I'd totally do you
*20 minutes pass*
Haru: I think I'll suddenly kiss you now
*A few hours pass*
Haru: Hey Shizuku, why don't you sleep in my lap?
*The next night*
Shizuku: I love you, Haru!
Haru: Too bad, my love for you is different. Have fun in the Friend Zone!

He broke her delicate heart ;_;
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-16, 11:12   Link #264
konart

The less we love a lady fair.
The easier 'tis to gain her grace...
Old 2012-10-16, 14:08   Link #265
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Very nice! Let's take this one out for a spin
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-16, 15:15   Link #266
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
He pretty much admitted that he doesn't like her the way she likes him, which is to say, romantically. The way I see it, Haru probably regards Shizuku as a "best friend forever", but to a much more intimate degree. Or perhaps an osananajimi he always wanted but never had. Which, ironically, is completely fine with Shizuku, because she was having a panic attack over them rushing into a romantic relationship.
No, he admitted to being sexually attracted to her when they were talking on the bridge. They are both almost at the same meeting point. However, Haru is now making proper friends due to being with her and he doesn't want to lose It. Couples tend to become isolated if their friends are all single . Shizuku keeps flip flopping so she gives confusing signals also. They both need to consistent.

So the proper decision was made to wait imo.
Old 2012-10-16, 19:13   Link #267
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
The less we love a lady fair.
The easier 'tis to gain her grace...
Sad how true that seems to be

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-16, 21:50   Link #268
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I think the gist of it is that even dense Haru realizes that Shizuku’s confession is loaded with emotional commitment, and realizes in a rare moment of self-awareness that he’s nowhere near ready for that. His love for her is real too, but there’s a much stronger purely physical component for him – and I think "turning her down” was actually the most mature and selfless thing he’s done so far. He’ll get there, but not yet – and of course, it’s going to be messy along the way, because he’s still a head case with a dark past and she’s still neurotic as all get-out.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-16, 22:01   Link #269
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

They animated that chapter nicely, pretty good. Can't wait for me.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-16, 22:50   Link #270
starlol

I find it unclear whether Haru like Shizuku. Natsume is cute. It seems that Sasayan is now part of the clique. Those guys that takes money from Haru are from rich family. Ironic.
Old 2012-10-16, 23:19   Link #271
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I think the gist of it is that even dense Haru realizes that Shizuku’s confession is loaded with emotional commitment, and realizes in a rare moment of self-awareness that he’s nowhere near ready for that. His love for her is real too, but there’s a much stronger purely physical component for him – and I think "turning her down” was actually the most mature and selfless thing he’s done so far. He’ll get there, but not yet – and of course, it’s going to be messy along the way, because he’s still a head case with a dark past and she’s still neurotic as all get-out.
So Enzo, would you have dated Shizuku when you were in high school?
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-16, 23:31   Link #272
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Hmm ... well ... I guess for me I was not only unable to feel empathy for Haru in the manga source material, but I was also never able to really "relate" to him somehow - even as the story unfolded over many chapters.

For me his extreme off the wall lack of social awareness just struck me as unconvincing (even extending the usual benefit of the doubt - or even the "great big benefit of the doubt" - when exposing oneself to other people's works).

That really got in the way for me in the manga and still is getting in the way for me thus far in the anime adaptation.

Even with that it still is very well done so far, and the manga source is also a good read - but I personally find Sukitte Iinayo is more interesting, and in both mediums ... at least for the moment.
Old 2012-10-17, 04:19   Link #273
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
So Enzo, would you have dated Shizuku when you were in high school?
Gosh, I don't know - it's not like I was a dating machine in high school anyway. I suspect it's unlikely as long as she so religiously separated herself from any social circles whatsoever, because I would never have met her under the circumstances Haru did.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 08:11   Link #274
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Hey guys. I'm being wary whenever I'm reading/watching a shoujo. I read that this is a romantic comedy. Is this somehow related with Kaichou wa Maid-sama? I mean like it's a light-hearted show and not the usually angst shoujo what I usually read.
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 09:20   Link #275
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Yes it's light hearted.

It will probably have at least one arc with a little angst (what show does have a little "let get serious for a moment" time) but mainly it's a romantic comedy.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 12:20   Link #276
whitecloud

The dad is hilarious....he's so blue....

Can you guys imagine the face of your parent if you guys in the same situation as shizuku..? I guess my parent will be quite shocked as well...

If I'm the parent...my face would be...indescribable....

How about it...?
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 12:36   Link #277
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
Yes it's light hearted.

It will probably have at least one arc with a little angst (what show does have a little "let get serious for a moment" time) but mainly it's a romantic comedy.
I would agree ... not a lot of angst (at least that I can remember) - but it does get serious at times, and in a way that came off as convincing to me, at least.
Old 2012-10-17, 12:58   Link #278
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Thanks for the input guys. I might as well try this one.
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 14:15   Link #279
Lota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
I would agree ... not a lot of angst (at least that I can remember) - but it does get serious at times, and in a way that came off as convincing to me, at least.
That's what I love about Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun. While angst is present, it isn't annoying and the the sad/serious situations the characters find themselves in actually seem believable and convincing. And while the manga is at times hilarious and cute and generally light-hearted, the sort of melancholic tone is ever-present (at least that's the feeling I get when I think about TnK) and I really like that
Lota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 15:32   Link #280
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
The jokes are pretty well played out, but the romance is way too corny and detached from any sort of reality. Overall after three episodes it's as enjoyable as the Pet Girlfriend in a rather dull season (save for Shin Sekai yori).
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romantic comedy, shoujo