AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kannagi

Notices

Old 2008-10-16, 01:47   Link #381
zzeroparticle
NEET

Send a message via AIM to zzeroparticle
Finally got around to watching episode 2, and I have to say that this series manages to amuse me the whole way through from Nagi's theatrics and generally making life troublesome for the male lead. As long as the jokes keep coming on, I can see this being just a pleasant watch because Nagi's personality is just really endearing with her antics and approach to life. She's a goddess and she's going to make sure that everyone else knows it without giving any consideration for their feelings about the matter. And I wouldn't have it any other way.
zzeroparticle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 06:38   Link #382
Fevvers
a regular van veen

Nagi is awesome. That is all.
Fevvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 14:18   Link #383
phishn37
Time to fly ~ !

Nagi made more fun noises in Episode 2. I really like the character design of Jin's friend, Tsugumi, also. I like watching the pupils of everyone in the show... I find myself getting distracted...
phishn37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 14:21   Link #384
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Something about this story might not appeal to people who don't want serious drama.
Old 2008-10-16, 15:37   Link #385
Molenir

Yep Nagi Love!

VA is doing great.
Molenir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 17:46   Link #386
Westlo
Lets be reality

is there a date for the op/ed single?
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 17:48   Link #387
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
is there a date for the op/ed single?
It's all there on the website.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 17:57   Link #388
Molenir

To translate, it looks like the OP comes out the 29th. Have to wait another month for the ED, which looks to be released on the 26th of November.
Molenir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 19:13   Link #389
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

So waiting for the OP single will be around 2 weeks . . . . oh the torture of waiting xD
sapphire-pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 01:26   Link #390
Westlo
Lets be reality

Thanks for the date, not to bad 2 weeks.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 01:53   Link #391
passin'gass
Cropduster

episode 2:
that weird laugh Nagi made while impersonating Jin was.just.GREAT!!!
passin'gass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 03:11   Link #392
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!.............

ok let me speak in a nice readable manner soo many of you might know what i feels

Tiz is SOOOOOO *&@^%#&*@$%^*#&^($* good..............................

ty

any way speaking of pizza hut i think they are eating those ultimate cheese pan pizza haha cuz look at the amount of cheese in it it is like tentacly long!!!!(one of my fave)
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 03:23   Link #393
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ep 2

This is rather enjoyable. It's really well directed (I certainly like Yamamoto's work in this a lot more than his work in Lucky Star) and well animated. The animation is weird. It's not exactly what I'd call great art, but everything is always in motion. Characters move hither and tither and they shake their heads around while they talk. It's not what I'd call refined animation, but it's interesting animation because the characters are constantly exuding a certain amount of energy that matches their character and mood.

But this works because the characters are amusing. Especially Nagi. Everyone finds her weird, and despite being a god, she generally acts un-god-like (as Jin has noted). But there's a irony there which is apparent on those rare occasions where she does act like a god. Even if the character development isn't quite so probing that we don't "get to the bottom" of her and what makes her tick, I wouldn't mind all that much since she's such a fun character to watch.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 03:43   Link #394
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Nagi's definitely fun. Like Horo, she makes me wish for goddesses.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 03:45   Link #395
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

I am really enjoying Kannagi so far. Nagi is quite odd for a divine being yet she not really all knowing. She knows about the supernatural, however her knowledge of mortal human society is fractured. I'm starting to wonder myself if she is divine being because her rate at which she is smoothly merging her life style to that of a normal girl is questionable. I was expecting five episodes after is when we should of seen Nagi lying down in front of the TV, munching on snacks and scratching her legs like an old man.
Old 2008-10-17, 04:06   Link #396
JediNight
キズランダム

Well technically she is a "god", but in reality she's more like an avatar or helper. I think she actually explains to Jin early on that it was a sacred tree because a god descended to earth and inhabits the tree. And she is the manifestation of the god's power or such.

It will be interesting to see if they explain why Nagi has the large mood swings. She claims to not remember meeting Jin when he was younger -- maybe the god has direct control over Nagi when using major powers, but otherwise her normal personality is exhibited? It would explain the initial meeting, the kitten scene, and Nagi also momentarily has "glazed eyes" when Jin questions her about the kittens incident as well.

I don't think it's strange Nagi is just lounging around watching TV already. She's rather carefree in nature, and takes for granted that others should dote on her because she's a "shrine maiden". Maybe her personality she shows others is a defense mechanism to cope with thinking about all the ruin humans do to the land, etc?
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 09:37   Link #397
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Hmmmmmm was it me or a lot of people paid more attention to potential panty flashes? hehehe
Old 2008-10-17, 15:18   Link #398
loltan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
Hmmmmmm was it me or a lot of people paid more attention to potential panty flashes? hehehe
It's just you. The animation in general and Tomatsu's voice keeps most people into this.
loltan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 16:11   Link #399
TheBigN
Piercing heavens with ~s
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheBigN Send a message via MSN to TheBigN Send a message via Yahoo to TheBigN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Nagi's definitely fun. Like Horo, she makes me wish for goddesses.
Heh. She's worth it just for her responses to bad puns alone. :P

Drastic My Anime Blog- My anime blog.
TheBigN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 18:46   Link #400
herbert

News: Kannagi is going to get several game adaption as once?

Spoiler for sampel pics:

Spoiler:

Tags
comedy, drama, romance, shounen