AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Total Series Rating
Perfect 10 154 42.78%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 113 31.39%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 53 14.72%
7 out of 10 : Good 23 6.39%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 1.94%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.28%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.28%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.28%
1 out of 10 : Painful 7 1.94%
Voters: 360. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-01-01, 04:10   Link #181
hazelnut

Yes, that was a surprisingly cool scene. But the whole series worked like that for me, doing things in a more grown up manner than you'd expect from a high school series. That's why it gets a 9/10 from me. But also because it managed to hit that bittersweet spot in the way really great anime can do. Plus i really loved the flesh and blood characters and the way they skiied their way around the genres cliches.
Old 2010-01-06, 21:24   Link #182
ACEZ1n7
Sweet to the mouth

At first I thought it was a little weird in the beginning but something just told me to keep watching it. I just watched last episode yesterday and the anime was more than I have ever imagined.

It started out as a comedic anime... they're parts that are funny but some that are just plain wierd, I almost given up of watching the anime, but ever since that episode where Taiga fought the former school council president, the anime somehow unlocked another different background: drama, and fortunately, a drama that I've been attracted.

Later episodes became more serious (but still a bit left of funny scenes) and dramatic. I nearly cried on episode 23... where Taiga tried to jump from Ryuuji's window to her window, but asked him if anything happened when she was carried by Ryuuji (but thought she was carried by Kitamura), if she ever said anything. That scene really touched me, the background music fitted that scene very well...

The last episode was also great. The opening and closing songs were good, and the drawings, fight scenes, and camera angles were terrific!

The last episode ended well, unlike other wierd animes I've watched. And it told a lesson that I'll never ever forget.
Old 2010-01-24, 09:22   Link #183
Van-kun
Wounded Warrior

yes, that part also touched my heart..

Orange is the nicest background music on that part..

"no matter what i do i just can stop loving.. Ryuuji"
Old 2010-01-24, 09:25   Link #184
Van-kun
Wounded Warrior

can i ask y'all about animes similar to this anime?

the closest on the animes i've watched so far would be

1. Itazura na Kiss
2. Ef: A tale of Memories
3. H2O: -Footprints on the Sand-

i like animes that shows everyday life situations..

Last edited by Van-kun; 2010-01-24 at 09:26. Reason: typo
Old 2010-01-27, 06:04   Link #185
solomon

Just rewatched it.

Hats off to JC staff for the visuals, character designs and animation are very lively.

Best straight up high school love comedy I have seen.

Best Kugimiya Rie role EVAR!
Old 2010-01-27, 23:26   Link #186
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
Just rewatched it.

Hats off to JC staff for the visuals, character designs and animation are very lively.

Best straight up high school love comedy I have seen.

Best Kugimiya Rie role EVAR!
It's second best of that genre to me, but it's still one of my favorite animes, and I agree about her role .
MAL
Old 2010-01-28, 04:21   Link #187
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Awesome in terms of romance. Left the audience really uncertain about Ryuuji's partner until nearly the end. Not up there with Clannad, but definitely an excellent show.

Spoiler:
Old 2010-01-28, 04:53   Link #188
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khu View Post
Left the audience really uncertain about Ryuuji's partner until nearly the end. Not up there with Clannad, but definitely an excellent show.
You're kidding me right? I thought it was about as subtle as a brick to head in the very first episode and all throughout.
Old 2010-01-28, 05:08   Link #189
raduccio

Just finished watching it and I can't give it less than a perfect 10! I just can't find a flaw to this show. Character design, animation, story, music, voice acting, ending... they did an amazing job with all of these. Maybe... the ending came a bit too soon. But I think that's just me when I finish watching amazing shows. I always want more!

I doubt they will make a second season but I can at least hope for one or two OVA's with stuff from the novels that they left out (I didn't read them but there has to be something).
Old 2010-01-28, 07:08   Link #190
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
You're kidding me right? I thought it was about as subtle as a brick to head in the very first episode and all throughout.
lol.

Well I must agree that it seemed that way in the beginning, but still there was doubt there for me at least for about 4 episodes.
Old 2010-01-28, 11:23   Link #191
Equidistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khu View Post
lol.

Well I must agree that it seemed that way in the beginning, but still there was doubt there for me at least for about 4 episodes.
That's probably because this show actually developed all 3 girls and their relationships with Ryuji and each other. The thing that threw most people off was the assumption that this was a harem show, when it actually wasn't.
Old 2010-01-28, 11:47   Link #192
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantQuiteGuess View Post
That's probably because this show actually developed all 3 girls and their relationships with Ryuji and each other. The thing that threw most people off was the assumption that this was a harem show, when it actually wasn't.
Unfortunately the game doesn't help. XP
Old 2010-01-28, 14:36   Link #193
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

aye.. the game completely changed the tenor of the story (anime and books) in favor of a "chase all the girls" fantasy. Ah well... it is what it is. I mean I enjoyed the anime re-interpretation of Kimikiss even though it was not a 1:1 set of linear short stories derived from the game.
Old 2010-01-28, 17:39   Link #194
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
In hindsight I'd agree, but honestly I was in doubt/unsure about them as pairing until episode 19/20. Then it started to get pretty obvious they were going to end up together.
MAL
Old 2010-01-28, 17:50   Link #195
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Really? I guessed it just from the opening scene.

Last edited by Haak; 2010-01-29 at 03:48.
Old 2010-01-29, 00:13   Link #196
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

The intro of the first episode is essentially a "this is the story of how we got together" narrative. Everything and everyone in the story is an obstacle or aid to that happening.
Old 2010-01-29, 20:20   Link #197
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Quote:
Really? I guessed it just from the opening scene.
Yeah.

You can usually tell that the 1st girl he meets will be his girlfriend in the end, but the anime developed with all 3, thus leaning towards others.

IT became obvious when Taiga realised.
Old 2010-02-08, 08:30   Link #198
NightMare_Hibari Kyo
Nightmare

i like the anime so much but i gave it rating 8-10 u know some things that i just didnt like like Ryuji started at the anime as he was the badass with those eyes but they kinda forgot about his eyes as the episodes kept coming one after another but its still cool but i wished that ppl would fear him more lol
Old 2010-02-12, 15:02   Link #199
Armored Knight

My overall rating of Toradora! is 8. I am not very generous when it comes to numbers, but Toradora! is definitely an excellent show. I would give a score between 8 and 9.

Pros:
+Colorful.
+Nice art.
+Good story and character development.
+Nice soundtracks, opening and ending themes.
+Interesting characters, you will love them
+Minorin's sarcasticness.
+Ryuji's kindness and sense of responsibility.
+Taiga has an attitude & very strong personality, yet still acts like a normal girl.
+Ami!

Cons:
-Slow but not always.
-Could be obvious and predictable (I tried to convince myself of the opposite the whole time, but the anime's name ruined it all .. ugh).
-Focuses on current events much more than characters' backgrounds (many school life and slice-of-life shows are like that. It is not really a problem, but I was hoping for more).
Old 2010-02-20, 16:40   Link #200
~Omen~
1st Class, Limited Licens

Just finished the first season. The middle of the show quite good, but the end sucked major @**. Bring the firestorm, i dont care. Horrible how they built up the idea of Ryuji<->Minori, Taiga<->Kitamura.. only to shred it and try to patch in Ryuji<->Taiga. I felt way more attached to Minorin than Taiga,....i just didnt like the ending..

Still, in fairness it was a really good show... it woulda been a 10, but for such a sad ending. I dont like sad endings. Infact i havent touched the show since, jumped straight back to Love Hina and AMG. I dont know, i should probably watch SOS! since its probably humorous... but its gonna be a while before i work up the emo energy to even approach Toradora....
Closed Thread