AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 17 19.77%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 35 40.70%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 22.09%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 9.30%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 4.65%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 2.33%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.16%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-11-16, 06:40   Link #81
Ashaman

I love Toma, even his preachyness. sure, he can be alittle self righteous but he's usually right.
Eresing memory-
Experimenting on students and using them as pawns-
Slaughtering Clones-
Trying to start a war-
he has a right to tell them how stupid they're being.
Ashaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-16, 08:37   Link #82
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I consider Touma's preachyness unlike other main protagonists to be Fridge Brilliance. Esper powers affect reality based on their users' internal reality. According to the pseudoscience of the series, if a Schrödinger's cat experiment was set up, espers would find the cat in the state that they believed it to be, because they believed strongly enough that the cat was that way. Hypnosis, brainwashing and drugs are used to throw the subjects internal reality out of whack. So, it might be argued that the strongest espers like Mikoto and Accelerator are the most stubbornly out of touch with the reality normal people live in. By the same logic that implies Touma is the most firmly grounded in reality alive since his power actively denies all supernatural things.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-16, 09:39   Link #83
Ashaman

You've been on Tv tropes, haven't you? now fess up. were you the one who wrote it or just taking it as your own?
but yeah, I can see where that is coming from
Old 2009-11-17, 04:52   Link #84
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Ashaman, I dont know why but for some reason I have the impression that your post has some massively rude undertone to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_fh View Post
Ok aren't they hinting what will probably happen a bit too much (or maybe it's just me) the guy in the first episode had a Ipod nano (or it looked like one) they stressed a lot that the spoon/can bomber guy has one as well.So maybe all those strange cases are conected to those Ipods. Saten listens to music all the time and is developing an inferiority complex and no one seems to care about that (seriously why didn't Misaka say something to her in that conversation). Of course I might be wrong but it seems to me that Saten will somhow get mixed in all this and get in trouble.

Imagine a showdown between Misaka and Saten where Saten is in some sort of trance and can't stop and Misaka doesn't whant to fight her and gets seriously injured but then says something like" I'm going to use my full power and bring you back" or something like that. Sounds a bit Nanohish though

And seriously I think we'll see a comercial like this one soon
"Go up,go Nano!"
from Apple
I /really/ hope Saten gets the level upper and some nice power. They hinted it more than enough NOW DO IT!

Too bad Touma had to ruin the Mikoto/Uiharu x bomb moment.

Also the "PEACE THROUGH SUPERIOR FIREPOWER" is one of the most retarded things ever in anime. Still its a good show.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-17, 05:03   Link #85
xKeen

I love that naughty voice of kuroko when she hugs Misaka.Nothing to comment on this episode but that...

Credits to Pellissier~
xKeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-17, 06:37   Link #86
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Also the "PEACE THROUGH SUPERIOR FIREPOWER" is one of the most retarded things ever in anime. Still its a good show.
Your dare question the doctrines of the Brotherhood of NOD? Kane will have your head for this!

Anyway the previews for the next episode looks.. what the!?

Spoiler for Ep8 Preview:

PS: I been wondering but how come no one hasn't notice and finds it strange that the little girl had Touma, a stranger accompany her to the Mall. If it was Kuroko & Uiharu, that's fine since their both members of Judgment, a trusted organization in Academy City but she ask this unknown guy to bring her instead. Unless their neighbors then that's fine and the little girl should be lucky Touma was the one to accompany her since the show hasn't been showing a lot of nice guys.

Last edited by MrTerrorist; 2009-11-17 at 09:37. Reason: Thanks for Shinji103 for pointing out my mistake
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-17, 07:02   Link #87
coffeebreak
Coffee Addicted ﭑ|▄|

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist
I been wondering but how come no one hasn't notice and finds it strange that the little girl had Touma, a stranger accompany her to the Mall. If it was Kuroko & Saten, that's fine since their both members of Judgment, a trusted organization in Academy City but she ask this unknown guy to bring her instead. Unless their neighbors then that's fine and the little girl should be lucky Touma was the one to accompany her since the show hasn't been showing a lot of nice guys.
Well, I guess Touma offered help, because he is always doing this kind of things.

Now, about this episode, it was great! I know that from now onwards it will get better and more intense. If they keep the key events and facts presented in the manga, it will be astonishing and kind of frightful.

And now... what happens in July 19th that links railgun to index?

coffeebreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-17, 07:40   Link #88
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
PS: I been wondering but how come no one hasn't notice and finds it strange that the little girl had Touma, a stranger accompany her to the Mall. If it was Kuroko & Saten, that's fine since their both members of Judgment, a trusted organization in Academy City but she ask this unknown guy to bring her instead. Unless their neighbors then that's fine and the little girl should be lucky Touma was the one to accompany her since the show hasn't been showing a lot of nice guys.
I wondered that but i reckon it's another matter of Values Dissonance.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-17, 07:44   Link #89
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebreak View Post
Well, I guess Touma offered help, because he is always doing this kind of things.:
Yeah that's how he raises flags. Tsk! If Mikoto hasn't shown up he would've raised Miss Undressing Scientist flag eventually.

This is the pre-wipe Touma. Guess he is the town nice guy with a meager rep to earn him to be an urban legend.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-17, 07:48   Link #90
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I want the 3rd pic animated. I just want to check if I could handle another Misaka dere-dere moment.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-17, 07:49   Link #91
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebreak View Post
And now... what happens in July 19th that links railgun to index?
That's the date of the first episode of Index, where Touma attempts to "save" a bunch of thugs from Mikoto's wrath and they end up fighting on the bridge, causing a blackout. It's rather hilarious from Mikoto's perspective.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-17, 08:11   Link #92
Ashaman

Yep, it also holds intrest as the last Touma appearence in railgun and weather Touma will block Railgun, or if that was a mistake.

@ Eisdrache. I don't think so, or at least I didn't mean to. I'm a troper my self.
Old 2009-11-17, 08:39   Link #93
Miraluka
Banned

I hope they fix that mess of the manga.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-17, 08:54   Link #94
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
If it was Kuroko & Saten, that's fine since their both members of Judgment, a trusted organization in Academy City but she ask this unknown guy to bring her instead.
For the record, you obviously meant Uiharu instead of Saten, since Saten isn't in Judgement.
Old 2009-11-17, 09:39   Link #95
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
For the record, you obviously meant Uiharu instead of Saten, since Saten isn't in Judgement.
Thanks for noticing, i just corrected it.
Old 2009-11-17, 09:50   Link #96
ReddyRedWolf

Interesting... I guess some scientists feel bad about what is happening that is why they are turning renegade.

Most Skill-Outs are small fry. (Emphasis on most)

Skill-Outs are made up Level 0's that do not really have any power.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-17, 10:20   Link #97
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Skill-Outs
Anti-Skills?
Old 2009-11-17, 10:49   Link #98
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
Anti-Skills?
Well, who knows

Last edited by Miraluka; 2009-11-17 at 21:47.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-17, 10:57   Link #99
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
No, he really meant Skills-outs an group of level 0 drop outs.
I really wish people who've read the manga would stop using terms that those that haven't don't know.
Old 2009-11-17, 11:23   Link #100
coffeebreak
Coffee Addicted ﭑ|▄|

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
I really wish people who've read the manga would stop using terms that those that haven't don't know.
or just tell us the meaning before

coffeebreak is offline   Reply With Quote