AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-12-10, 10:54   Link #2861
C.C.
Gray Witch

I just found this scan some days ago (it was in 2chan, but I saw it in many other places). Maybe is this the thing that's about this sequel? I can see just a 2009 and understand common words as Lelouch's name, nothing more. T___T

Old 2008-12-10, 17:32   Link #2862
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglei3 View Post
If it is a sequel, it is hard to say... I mean, I look at Sunrise as a company, and then look at Lelouch being #1 on top of the character popularity charts, and it is way too hard for me to believe that Sunrise would ignore that... Cause I mean they definitely have not held back in the past of saying 'screw what happened, where bringing this guy back' for more $$$. I would say this would atleast guarantee him showing up in someway, be it in the World of C or Obi-Wan like as the previous poster mentioned.
If Sunrise wants Lelouch back and the fans want it as well. There is a possibility that he would appear in some way or form. Hopefully Okouchi does have at least some say in it since he claimed Lelouch's story is over with and Taniguchi as well. I'm all for a new cast of characters too.

As long as there are small/brief appearances by the other main characters Suzaku(Zero), Kallen and C.C. I would like to see how they are holding up(especially Kallen for me) after Lelouch's death. I would hate to see these characters act OOC if they appeared. Since it can easily happen if they wanted an sequel(I'm thinking movie).
Old 2008-12-10, 17:50   Link #2863
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfHeaven View Post
I'm all for a new cast of characters too.

As long as there are small/brief appearances by the other main characters Suzaku(Zero), Kallen and C.C. I would like to see how they are holding up(especially Kallen for me) after Lelouch's death. I would hate to see these characters act OOC if they appeared. Since it can easily happen if they wanted an sequel(I'm thinking movie).
This is true. I mean, if they were to introduce a new cast, there just have to be some original cast appearances for the project to work. Not only about cash-cow purposes, just the right thing to do as well.
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 17:56   Link #2864
Charred Knight

All I am going to say is this, if there is a sequel to Code Geass Lelouch will not only be alive but he will show up by the end of the first episode. Sunrise knows that Lelouch is Code Geass, and they wouldn't make another series without Lelouch and C.C starring in it.

Most likely Suzaku will be killed protecting Nunnaly, and then just as all hope seems lost, Lelouch will show up in the Zero suit proclaiming that he is immortal.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 18:30   Link #2865
Eliarine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
All I am going to say is this, if there is a sequel to Code Geass Lelouch will not only be alive but he will show up by the end of the first episode. Sunrise knows that Lelouch is Code Geass, and they wouldn't make another series without Lelouch and C.C starring in it.

Most likely Suzaku will be killed protecting Nunnaly, and then just as all hope seems lost, Lelouch will show up in the Zero suit proclaiming that he is immortal.
Heck no, Lelouch and Suzaku's relationship was part of what made Code Geass so fascinating in my opinion. I don't think I would find Lelouch as interesting without his crazy bond with his faithful friend/enemy/Knight.
Eliarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 18:36   Link #2866
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliarine View Post
Heck no, Lelouch and Suzaku's relationship was part of what made Code Geass so fascinating in my opinion. I don't think I would find Lelouch as interesting without his crazy bond with his faithful friend/enemy/Knight.
Suzaku and Lelouch are both supposed to be dead, so since both of them can't be Zero than Suzaku must die. Plus all the fangirls will weep and make horrible fanfiction about their self insert comforting Lelouch.

Its a gold mine, and Sunrise will mine it.
Old 2008-12-10, 18:36   Link #2867
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:

And that would happen because??
Nunally being a bad governor and BKversion2 appears and try to annihilate her? Besides Spinzaku just CAN'T be killed.
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 18:42   Link #2868
Eliarine

Quote:
Suzaku and Lelouch are both supposed to be dead, so since both of them can't be Zero than Suzaku must die. Plus all the fangirls will weep and make horrible fanfiction about their self insert comforting Lelouch.

Its a gold mine, and Sunrise will mine it.
Sunrise also knows that a significant number of fangirls were attracted to the series because of Lelouch's insane relationship with Suzaku. I just don't see them killing him off that easily just because "both of them can't be Zero".
Old 2008-12-11, 02:24   Link #2869
Lelouch71
Black Angel

I would rather they make another series with a new cast and set in a different universe. They could make the main character like Lelouch in personality and character. They could also go as far as making the main character look like him. Another CG series would be very hard to make without Lelouch or at least someone like Lelouch. He basically made the show IMO.
Lelouch71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-11, 03:40   Link #2870
Charred Knight

Quote:
Sunrise also knows that a significant number of fangirls were attracted to the series because of Lelouch's insane relationship with Suzaku. I just don't see them killing him off that easily just because "both of them can't be Zero".
Fine Lelouch can be Zero, and Suzaku can be his gimp. That should hide that Suzaku is not dead quite well.
Old 2008-12-11, 11:33   Link #2871
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Agreed.
Especially since I'm one of those fangirls. xD
I don't think Code Geass would have managed to fascinate me like that if it wasn't for their friendship.

Then again, if they made Lelouch immortal and said something like "xy centuries later...", I wouldn't mind so much if the other old characters were all dead... as long as the new ones can keep up with them somehow.
Old 2008-12-11, 14:08   Link #2872
Eliarine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
I don't think Code Geass would have managed to fascinate me like that if it wasn't for their friendship.
Same here. Their bond is a huge part of the series anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
Then again, if they made Lelouch immortal and said something like "xy centuries later...", I wouldn't mind so much if the other old characters were all dead... as long as the new ones can keep up with them somehow.
Yup. Either they bring back everyone or they give Lelouch new pals. But the whole CG cast minus Suzaku-dead-in-episode-1? I don't think so.
Old 2008-12-11, 14:16   Link #2873
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lelouch71 View Post
I would rather they make another series with a new cast and set in a different universe. They could make the main character like Lelouch in personality and character. They could also go as far as making the main character look like him. Another CG series would be very hard to make without Lelouch or at least someone like Lelouch. He basically made the show IMO.
Same here. Without lelouch for me it will never be Code geass, just like Death Note without Light will not be death Note; They are both really particular male characters and to have some new protagonist to this kind of show seems not right for me.

Finally I just hope for some OAV about CC and Geass, or still some side material...but a new serie no; I'm too afraid to see a Code geass destiny; Sunrise is really skilled to screw amazing shows -_-

Last edited by Lolipopo; 2008-12-12 at 13:28.
Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-11, 15:59   Link #2874
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post
Same here. Without lelouch for me it will never be Code geass, just like Death Note without Light will not be death Note; They are both really particular male characters and to have some new protagonist to this kind of show seems not right for me.

Finally I just hope for some OAV about CC and Geass, or still some side material...but a new serie no; I'm too afraid to see a Code geass destiny; Sunrise is really skills to screw amazing shows -_-
What would happen to CG if it turned out in the future like Tenchi Muyo? Just a whole bunch of different AU's. That's why I'm thinking if something ever came out it'll be a movie. Not really up for another 25 episodes which could potentially hurt the series if not planned correctly because of the possibility to become like GSD.
Old 2008-12-11, 17:31   Link #2875
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfHeaven View Post
What would happen to CG if it turned out in the future like Tenchi Muyo?
So long as it doesn't become a harem comedy. Seriously, I hate those.

But AU thing would be interresting.
Old 2008-12-12, 07:57   Link #2876
plau

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.C. View Post
I just found this scan some days ago (it was in 2chan, but I saw it in many other places). Maybe is this the thing that's about this sequel? I can see just a 2009 and understand common words as Lelouch's name, nothing more. T___T

Do you know where this scan is from?
plau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 13:05   Link #2877
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
My bet is "no" if it's a sequel.

But Lelouch could appear in a prequel (as a child). And also in case if they decide to do a remake of R2. After all, a remake of FMA is in the work. Not the same studio, but it proves, I think, that a remake is also a possibility.
I am all in favor of a a Code Geass R2 remake. In fact, I have sent in a letter to the series director about the idea of the staff doing a novel that is based on their original plans for Code Geass R2 and beyond. If the new novel does well, then Sunrise could do another Code Geass R2 anime that could follow the new manga. If FMA is getting the same treatment, why not Code Geass R2? Even CLAMP could do the illustrations and artwork for it, since it was their character creations that made Code Geass what it is.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 13:22   Link #2878
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lelouch71 View Post
The problem with that is that the new character would just end up being a Lelouch clone. If they do go down that route with a brand new caste, I would rather they make the series stand on it's own rather then just a clone of Lelouch of the Rebellion. Really since it is set in a different universe, if they make a Lelouch clone, why not just use Lelouch in an alternate telling of the story?

Quote:
Finally I just hope for some OAV about CC and Geass, or still some side material...but a new serie no; I'm too afraid to see a Code geass destiny; Sunrise is really skills to screw amazing shows -_-
I thought we already did, it was called R2...
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 13:31   Link #2879
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

I loved R2 actually
A lot of plot hole, some things screwed (Kallen's BG, CC's, Marianne) But the serie was awesome in my eyes; Now If they bring back Lelouch to please fans...i'll try to convince myself that this second serie doesn't exist. Just like destiny.
Gundam Seed ended up Turn 50, who heard about Shinn Asuka ? >_<

Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 13:58   Link #2880
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
I loved R2 actually
A lot of plot hole, some things screwed (Kallen's BG, CC's, Marianne) But the serie was awesome in my eyes; Now If they bring back Lelouch to please fans...i'll try to convince myself that this second serie doesn't exist. Just like destiny.
Gundam Seed ended up Turn 50, who heard about Shinn Asuka ? >_<
Well obviously it was a joke

Honestly though, R2 was a mixed bag for me for the most part, certainly there were things I liked that made it an enjoyable series, but on the other hand, how they handled the series, especially the characters that were not Lelouch, dropped the series a few notches. The characters you mentioned, were shafted, some more so then others, and for what? More time to give us those "oh so great" Ashford scenes, and pointless characters that went nowhere (see Gino, I honestly cannot see the point of him even being in the anime besides to glomp Suzaku, his whole trying to understand Suzaku theme was just dropped.). Sure I will not fault anyone that would rate R2 as like the best series ever if they chose to but I still personally see R2 as a series that could have been one of the best, but fell short of the mark. It is a good series but cannot really be called "Great".
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote