AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

View Poll Results: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Episode 63 Rating
Perfect 10 57 72.15%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 21.52%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 1 1.27%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 3.80%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.27%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-06-28, 13:04   Link #41
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

Being proud of his incredible sons, contributing to the salvation of a ton of people and having had a taste of true love (Trisha) ... I would die with a smile on my face too....

Its been about 10 years since I had a good cry, maybe even more. It is moments like this that make me feel.. human...

Still... dam u Hoenheim for making me cry

Last edited by CuXe; 2010-06-28 at 13:29.
Old 2010-06-28, 13:21   Link #42
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Simply put, the best episode of Brotherhood that I have seen yet. This was such an emotional episode especially considering Hohenheim's final scene. Honestly, the scene where Hohenheim told Ed to sacrifice his life for Al's was when it first got emotional for me, even if I wasn't surprised by his suggestion. It probably had something to do with Ed's reaction but it was still a powerful scene none-the-less, but of course not as powerful as Hohenheim's death at the grave.

Greed's finale also got to me a little because of how he had developed together with Ling throughout their journey, but it seems like Greed was content with how he had lived which is ironic considering the name he carried. The BGM was pretty much flawless throughout this episode as well and the ending was well executed. Rain and a tribute to Hohenheim was the perfect way to pull any heart strings after watching him die with a smile on his face, well done.

Now with the final episode airing next week, I don't know what other show will be able to fill this void. Brotherhood was the only show that I really looked forward to every week. It kind of makes me wish that I was here at the very beginning of this series but unfortunately, I came a little late to the party

Now all that's left, is for me to get the scene that I've been waiting for.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2010-06-28, 14:56   Link #43
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

im still amazed at the free handed perfect circles and straight lines
Old 2010-06-28, 17:46   Link #44
GrimJack

I only voted good because for me the manga was better. Things were changed slightly which dulled or changed the impact of the story, this is probably why i don't watch much Anime only choosing one or two series that I really like.

Still FMA Brotherhood helped fill the void left when Cross Game ended.
Old 2010-06-28, 18:42   Link #45
Lumine
Band Army Member

So what was Hohenheim trying to say to Homunculus before being interrupted by Armstrong?
Old 2010-06-28, 19:13   Link #46
blewin

Greed taking out father as his last act is really fitting. It's a shame he had to die...

Hohemheim's death scene is touching. I shed a few tears. Also a shame that he had to die and can't see his sons grow up.

Alu... the emaciated Alu! It feels so strange to hear Alu's voice without the armour.

As for Ed, I really like the scene where he smiled confidently when he found the answer to save Alu. Again, a shame that the genius alchemist has to give up alchemy but I admire his resolve. Rather than feeling sad about losing alchemy, he's happier to gain his brother back. *sniff*

well, I'm glad we have one full episode to wrap things up so things aren't so rushed.

Chrome Shelled Regios
Old 2010-06-28, 20:40   Link #47
Slayerx

y'know to nit pick a bit... i think one thing i did not like in this episode was the little chat between armstrong and Hoenhiem... i mean, these are two characters who have never really met much less talked to eachother. Why is armstong of all people being the one to deliver the news to hoenheim and give him the last words he will ever hear? i mean, it that scene, armstrong felt like he could have been replaced by a nameless random soldier and the scene would not be any different

Frankly, i think Izumi would have been the most ideal person to place in that role. Not only is she already aquatinted with hoenheim but she played a HUGE role in the lives of Ed and Al; she practically helped raise them. They could talked about the boys, what they've done, and it might have given Hoenhiem a change to give her a final thanks for what she had done for Ed and Al when he could not be there for them.
Old 2010-06-29, 00:57   Link #48
Setsuna.F.Seiei
Gundam Meister

guys...i hav a question tat i reali wan it to be answered since tat FMA is about to end next week....i always wonder how does all those website hav this link to watch the episode?? i mean....isnt FMA suppose to be airing in TBS?? so how do they turn something not computer into something tat is??? and how long usually do they hav to take to obtain tat episode??? or they are airing it in the web as the same moment as TBS??? someone plz giv me an answer.....if not i b very sorry for FMA...........(sorry if i break the forum rule)
Old 2010-06-29, 02:05   Link #49
coolasj19
TSG : Gaming For A Cause

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setsuna.F.Seiei View Post
guys...i hav a question tat i reali wan it to be answered since tat FMA is about to end next week....i always wonder how does all those website hav this link to watch the episode?? i mean....isnt FMA suppose to be airing in TBS?? so how do they turn something not computer into something tat is??? and how long usually do they hav to take to obtain tat episode??? or they are airing it in the web as the same moment as TBS??? someone plz giv me an answer.....if not i b very sorry for FMA...........(sorry if i break the forum rule)
couldze u typ n engrish plz?

I am going to assume its recorded straight from an HD TV. If you are worried about quality. I suggest pre-ordering the Blu-Rays.
Old 2010-06-29, 08:58   Link #50
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
wow the anime adaptation in this episode is better than the manga for me... 9/10 for me

can't wait for the epilogue next week
Old 2010-06-29, 12:36   Link #51
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Awesome episode. What can I say?

Hohenheim died with dignity. The Homunculus did not.

And of COURSE Ed is keeping his automail leg. Winry's income depends on it!
Old 2010-06-29, 13:38   Link #52
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
And of COURSE Ed is keeping his automail leg. Winry's income depends on it!
News flash... Without alchemy, Ed is no longer a state alchemist, and thus no longer gainfully employed. Meanwhile, she's a talented automail engineer with the kind of contacts that would gain her an inside edge on lucrative government contracts. If anything, his income will depend upon her... ^_^

Which of course means... (cue Tomokazu Sugita...)

Himo himo himo, himo himooooo...
Himo himo himo, himo himooooooo~
Old 2010-06-29, 18:19   Link #53
Sigsig

Excellent episode as always
This really brings out my emotions, as well as what 'shounen' mean
Old 2010-06-29, 19:21   Link #54
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
News flash... Without alchemy, Ed is no longer a state alchemist, and thus no longer gainfully employed. Meanwhile, she's a talented automail engineer with the kind of contacts that would gain her an inside edge on lucrative government contracts. If anything, his income will depend upon her... ^_^

Which of course means... (cue Tomokazu Sugita...)

Himo himo himo, himo himooooo...
Himo himo himo, himo himooooooo~

Hoshi just has a way with lyrics

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2010-06-29, 21:25   Link #55
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Awesome, so awesome. I love how the answer to getting Al's body back was so simple. The cost was definitely high, but I think he got a good deal, lol.

My only gripe was that this felt too much like a final episode and I would have liked it better if they used a previous ED song.

Still, it was a great episode.
Old 2010-06-29, 23:02   Link #56
coolasj19

My guess is that now that everyone knows about it. EVERYBODY is going to give up their alchemy to get what they lost.
Old 2010-06-29, 23:06   Link #57
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasj19 View Post
My guess is that now that everyone knows about it. EVERYBODY is going to give up their alchemy to get what they lost.
Thats exactly what I was thinking which is a good thing for Mustang cause he was forced to be part of human alchemy however, he doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would live happily without alchemy but still getting his sight back is a heck of an incentive to give up the ways of the wicked

Hopefully it will play out that way. Now the thing is .. did Ed get his full body back to normal or did he just get Al to come back? If so, then Winry is down one client.

I don't fully agree about Ed not being employed anymore cause as we all know there were a bunch of "Normal" people employed by the military and some of them were high ranking (take the hawt Armstrong Chick) - Not to mention all of the "connections" Al n Ed have within the military..
Old 2010-06-29, 23:20   Link #58
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Yeah I'm pretty sure Ed and Al will get 'reimbursed' for all that they've done for the country. I mean, they pretty much helped save the entire human race...so no matter what, they should definitely get paid a good amount ;D.

Good episode, for a second I thought Ed was going to give up his memories to get Al back (lulz man im stupid), but I'm glad it was what it was...good ending. I hope I get a super super cute Ed x Winry scene next episode...plz plz plz!!!!!
Old 2010-06-29, 23:46   Link #59
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Finally, After i've seen the EP63, That blob even his homonculus are finally gone for good.

Hoenheim dies at the end i can't believe this. <Alan Wake's ending music inserts>

BTW did we just missed something important for those you're manga readers out there?
Old 2010-06-30, 00:30   Link #60
coolasj19

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuXe View Post
Thats exactly what I was thinking which is a good thing for Mustang cause he was forced to be part of human alchemy however, he doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would live happily without alchemy but still getting his sight back is a heck of an incentive to give up the ways of the wicked

Hopefully it will play out that way. Now the thing is .. did Ed get his full body back to normal or did he just get Al to come back? If so, then Winry is down one client.

I don't fully agree about Ed not being employed anymore cause as we all know there were a bunch of "Normal" people employed by the military and some of them were high ranking (take the hawt Armstrong Chick) - Not to mention all of the "connections" Al n Ed have within the military..
but thats sooooo cheesy.
Closed Thread