AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2010-10-06, 07:06   Link #81
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I've read 8 chapters and watched the first episode of the anime.

If it maintains its relatively non-sleazy, amusing yet honest look at this scenario, I am going to really like this. Kirino is well balanced and has an 'it' factor that can't be denied. Her average older brother is the perfect foil for her excellence. I'm reminded of My Girlfriend's a Geek in some ways due to the similarity of females being in the situation of being fresh, popular and successful being the unlikely type to have such fandoms. This one seems to tow the line with a bit more tact, though. But as some suggested, it could simply be a foil for two people who were unable to get along to finally get along.

I'll be interested to see what happens in Chapter 9, because Chapter 8 has left Kirino in a real bind.
Old 2010-10-10, 04:20   Link #82
pampz21
ShipCore

Read the spoiler in the wiki it said that Kirino and Kyousuke are gonna go out? BF><GF relationship?
well I think Kyou-kun pretty much have a harem in him so who leading? in the novel?
Imouto=Kirino?
Osananajimi=Manami?
Sempai/Tomodachi=Saori?
Wannabe Imouto=Ruri?
Imouto's BFF=Ayase?

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 06:51   Link #83
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

I'm pretty sure Ayase didn't like him at all to be considered part of his harem. Not sure about Saori, but someone else in the forum also said that she's just a friend to Kyousuke.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 08:42   Link #84
tsunade666

Saori is only a friend of Kyousuke

If it's Harem of Kyousuke it's Kirino, Kuroneko and the almighty normal childhood friend Manami.
Old 2010-10-11, 23:39   Link #85
Francismeunier
Banned

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Read the spoiler in the wiki it said that Kirino and Kyousuke are gonna go out?
Oh you are shitting me! Seriously? Show me! PM me that! Right now! I want to read it for myself!
Francismeunier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-12, 00:53   Link #86
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

Spoiler for #7 preview:

edit: in looking for this, I accidentally came across a blog where a guy summarizes all the volumes and spoiled myself silly. Don't translate it if you don't want to know. Don't look for it if you don't want to know.

Last edited by Decagon; 2010-10-12 at 01:13.
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-12, 01:45   Link #87
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
Spoiler for #7 preview:

edit: in looking for this, I accidentally came across a blog where a guy summarizes all the volumes and spoiled myself silly. Don't translate it if you don't want to know. Don't look for it if you don't want to know.
This looks like the official synopsis so I'll take it with a pinch of salt. I've come across so much of misleading synopses from Japanese LN that I'm hardly surprised. There could be some unexpected reasonable explanation behind all that. Rather, there USUALLY are.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-12, 05:45   Link #88
Undertaker

Volume 6 of the light novel ended in a cliffhanger in which Kirino asks Kyosuke to be her boyfriend. Nothing else is know other than it kind of out of the blue.

Therefore that preview for volume 7 sounds legit, but as larethian said, synopsis often misleading, there must be a reason for Kirino asking Kyosuke to be her "pretend" boyfriend, [not that she didn't want it to be reality anyway....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
actually, I think that Kirino herself may be a stretch of reality that can challenge the suspension of disbelief of some people. To put it bluntly, she is a female otaku with "male taste", who plays 18+ eroge and is into imouto type of characters---simply because she finds them cute (this, from what I gather so far of the translated light novel; I don't know if there's a much deeper meaning behind her hobbies). her character doesn't exactly sound like someone you would expect to really exist; perhaps, I would have more readily accepted her character (or hobbies) had she turned out to be a fujoshi or a less "hardcore" otaku, who isn't necessarily into imouto type of characters. That's why, I think that the enjoyment of this work depends on how willing you are to accept Kirino as a character, or the situation her older brother currently faces as she tries to share her secret hobbies with him.

What I mean as "stretch of reality" is more or of say Nogizaka Haruka's Himitsu [similar work in turn of using Otaku world as setting and I also enjoy]. That series have tons of stuff where plenty of things and setting can't possibly happen in real life.

While it is unlikely a little sister will play Imouto games with her brother, it's not impossible. Kirino herself is more of plot device and necessity more than anything. On the other hand, there are girls that will play bishojo games and even 18+ eroge by themselves, and imouto types are actually more common for them due to the moe factor. Obviously you won't find any girl playing tenticles or rape eroges, but pure love-imouto games isn't too much of stretch for girls that like moe animes and plays bishojo game.

However, I'll agree with your assessment that to enjoy this work you have to like or at least interested in Kirino as a character afterall the story is revolving around her.

Last edited by Undertaker; 2010-10-12 at 06:03.
Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-12, 09:56   Link #89
ZeKeR
Superbad

Make it into a harem!!!! I want it do be one!!!! Sheeit!!!!! the brother has SHITLOADS of people into him... that includes kuroneko, his own moe(?!) sister, the childhood friend and probably saori....
Old 2010-10-12, 13:31   Link #90
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Wow a subforum... what a blast lol.

Anyway since didn't seem to fit anywhere in this subforum, guess i just post it in here... oh and do tell me if this was mentioned before anywhere in this thread, so that i can immediately delete this post.

Found this while lurking around, seems like a legit episode peek for episode 7, and from what i could understand, seems like its heading towards the beach and the sky and godonlyknowswhatthehellamitalkingabout.

Spoiler for Might be spoilerish...:
margafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-12, 13:42   Link #91
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
Wow a subforum... what a blast lol.

Anyway since didn't seem to fit anywhere in this subforum, guess i just post it in here... oh and do tell me if this was mentioned before anywhere in this thread, so that i can immediately delete this post.

Found this while lurking around, seems like a legit episode peek for episode 7, and from what i could understand, seems like its heading towards the beach and the sky and godonlyknowswhatthehellamitalkingabout.

Spoiler for Might be spoilerish...:
Those are spoilers from the novel Vol 7 that will be released on Novemeber 10th. Seanver translated the spoilers and commented about it on his blog. Be warned that it contais severe spoilers for the series. Here is the link.
Old 2010-10-12, 13:42   Link #92
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

^ Er...that should go in the novel thread...it's being discussed there now too...

[mod edit: as you can see, posts now moved; thanks!]

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-12, 13:47   Link #93
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Ah i see thanks for correcting me
margafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-12, 19:22   Link #94
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...

Spoiler for v7:
Old 2010-10-13, 08:55   Link #95
Mentar
Banned

You guys DID notice that while Kirino is firmly latched to Kyousuke's arm, she's forcefully pinching his hand? ^_^
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-14, 09:52   Link #96
Undertaker

yep, which only confirm my believe that it's just pretend relationship (not that Kirino wouldn't wish it to be true)
Old 2010-10-14, 10:52   Link #97
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
yep, which only confirm my believe that it's just pretend relationship (not that Kirino wouldn't wish it to be true)
or Kyousuke was ooooogling another girl and Kirino is keeping him in line

Therefore it could be taken as they are actually dating and she gets jealous at the sight of Kyousuke looking at other girls, there we have the tsun.
The dere would be she offers herself to be ooooogled at

....well thats just my thoguhts wandering aimlessly in the gutter, so no need to pay attention to that

I tell ya one part of me really really really wants to see it happen.

but the other part thinks yea it probably is pretend and should stay that way cause it would kinda ruin the story and feel of the series I think.

but then the urge to want it to really really really happen is bloody strong!

Thats the kinda messed up world anime and manga is, gotta love it!
Old 2010-10-14, 12:00   Link #98
chaosprophet

Both the end of Volume 6 and the spoilers for vol 7 are too ambiguos. Do'nt think a discussion can get anywhere for now, hopefully Vol 7 will be out in less than a month, so by them someone may be able to confirm if it's real or just pretend.
Old 2010-10-14, 12:17   Link #99
Solafighter
Hige

Im sorry for throwing my question in here, but i still have the same big '?' on my forehead about, does someone know, if the novels will be somewhen in our livetimes, aviable in english?

Im following this series for around one year, trying to get the novels read, somehow.
Old 2010-10-14, 14:51   Link #100
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solafighter View Post
Im sorry for throwing my question in here, but i still have the same big '?' on my forehead about, does someone know, if the novels will be somewhen in our livetimes, aviable in english?

Im following this series for around one year, trying to get the novels read, somehow.
Maybe, maybe not. It's certainly not licensed in english so far. Although if the anime end up being very popular someone may want to license this. But then its contents are quite mature (at least all the talk about eroge, doujinshis and etc) which may hinder the chances of it getting licensed.

It's also being translated by a fan, although the translation seems to be a bit slow, 3/4 chapters of volume 1 and I believe they said last chapter of Vol 1 should be translated soon.

Tags
comedy, harem, romance, shounen, siblings