Old 2011-12-12, 23:12   Link #1541
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
can I have the image sauce?
the art looks official and I haven't seen it yet
It's from Soejima Shigenori Artworks 2004-2010... here are the scans.

Last edited by Malkuth; 2011-12-12 at 23:13. Reason: quote
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-13, 02:43   Link #1542
piccahoe
Pain & Determination

I'm glad they made this more about the struggle that each characters. In psychology persona is a mask one present to the world. It may appear in dreams under various guises. (wiki) I wonder if the inside of the T.V represents the "dream" part.
piccahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-13, 04:58   Link #1543
Xenio
Flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by piccahoe View Post
I'm glad they made this more about the struggle that each characters. In psychology persona is a mask one present to the world. It may appear in dreams under various guises. (wiki) I wonder if the inside of the T.V represents the "dream" part.
pretty much the same as what persona is in the persona game series (not only persona 4),
Quote:
A Persona is a manifestation of a person's personality in the Persona series, referred to as a "mask" for an individual to use to face hardship. A Persona is similar to a Shadow. Shadows are malevolent manifestations of one's inner thoughts, while a Persona is a manifestation of the same feelings but tamed and trained. If an individual takes up a resolution in his or her heart, the Persona will undergo a metamorphosis into a stronger form.
Persona 2 say more about Persona
Quote:
"An imposter, born out of our rumors, isn't it...? It's just like what happened with our Shadows....Another "self" that was created in the minds of others..."People only know about themselves through how others perceive them"... The existence of our "ego" originates in others... We compare ourselves to others, and we are conscious of how our image is perceived when we are among others... That's when "we" really start to be created... I think that means... for every person we meet, we have yet another "self" formed out of their perceptions."
about both Persona and Shadows (Persona 3)
Quote:
"Personas and Shadows are the same thing. That's why you're able to fight them in the first place. Did you all think that Shadows were mysterious invaders or something? Shadows are the lower parts of the psyche everyone has... Suppressed human thoughts given physical form. When people are unable to face their darker selves, they break loose, free from all control. But sometimes, humans with special awareness can tame their Shadows... Those are Persona-users. The Shadows' power affects time and even space... Through your Personas, your unspoken desires were manifested..."
Xenio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-13, 12:26   Link #1544
RDF2050
Superidol

I got a question for those who played the game (I didn't played this game )

Does 24 episodes can really cover all the material that the game has?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Off Topic: I know this is an old video but I can't resist to post this here.

Spoiler:

Last edited by RDF2050; 2011-12-13 at 12:39.
RDF2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-13, 13:08   Link #1545
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDF2050 View Post

No, it is impossible. It's the difference between the media, you can not and probably don't want to animate all those endless dungeons, and it is impossible to stitch fragmented events that took place. So despite being impossible, the anime team can focus on what is worthy to watch instead of play.

Which reminds me, does anyone else find the velvet room scenes detached from the rest of the events?
Old 2011-12-13, 13:14   Link #1546
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Which reminds me, does anyone else find the velvet room scenes detached from the rest of the events?
Yes, and it's clear this is on purpose. I wonder if they're going to do anything special with it, or if they feel somewhat limited by Igor's VA's recent passing.
Old 2011-12-13, 13:24   Link #1547
Malkuth
Banned

^ They could remix more of his lines from the games or use Elizabeth
Old 2011-12-13, 16:31   Link #1548
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
^ They could remix more of his lines from the games or use Elizabeth
The anime is already using his lines in the game and more Margaret instead. Also you should have noticed that in 2 episodes Igor has "conviently" been away.

As for Elizabeth
Spoiler for spoiler game:
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-13, 17:06   Link #1549
bayoab

Quote:

Depends on what you mean by "All the material." It's completely possible to fit every single story scene, social link scene, special event, boss battle, etc in. Just that if they did that, the pacing would be everywhere since the game is not evenly paced. You having to do all these other events is what helps the game keep a decent flow. Otherwise, you will get tons of things like at the end of the last ep where the game suddenly jumped nearly a month since you are given about a month in the game per dungeon. Will all the fetch quests, mini-bosses, etc fit in? Probably not.

And there are other things to consider but we're not even close to that time yet.

Quote:
They are supposed to be. Think about how the velvet room is described by the others.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-13, 18:25   Link #1550
Malkuth
Banned

^ Hm... indeed, another thing is that anime, unlike the game, takes a 3rd person perspective... storytelling-wise I dislike this approach, it is artistically inferior if not juvenile, but helps red-necks (of all countries) to understand what is going on

Oh! and my bad, playing P3P on mute, made me mix Igor's chicks' names
Old 2011-12-13, 22:10   Link #1551
Somnus
Eh?

Quote:
It's from Soejima Shigenori Artworks 2004-2010... here are the scans.
Thanks for the link, that artbook is fantastic. Thanks to this I like Mitsuru even more.

Last edited by Somnus; 2011-12-13 at 23:02.
Somnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-13, 23:31   Link #1552
RJ TAYLER

Love that 'signature style' of SS there, was there a hint of the future in that artbook? Or some ideas yet to come to fruition. Either way I'm still enjoying the show as a show, which means somebody is doing something right.
Old 2011-12-14, 12:27   Link #1553
Dark Wing

Yes I've finally caught up! I went from ep.3 to ep.10 in about two days taking a break in between to check on a few other series and I like what i see so fare.

The team is almost complete and we can probably get on to the main focus of finding the person tossing people into the shadow zone but that one week break is going to be a long one...

Maybe I should get around to watching Umineko No Naku Koro Ni on the mean time like I said I would?...
Old 2011-12-15, 14:00   Link #1554
tsunade666

Spoiler for Crazy guy arc and my most dislike arc too:

The only sparkly person I recognize or remember and recognize is KUMA-SAN!!! go Kuma-kuma!

Dojima-san is really a pain in the ass and even his social link was a pain for me too

EDIT:

I don't remember how many arc the game has but I felt that it's being rushed this time around and I can't stand the poor animation. Grr they even do a steady or fix background while animating the movement of the characters and the background doesn't match the animation which makes it worst -_-
Old 2011-12-15, 15:56   Link #1555
CGrascal

Spoiler for Exposition:
CGrascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-15, 16:33   Link #1556
Dr. Casey

Quote:

nope

I'm enjoying the anime a lot, but there's definitely quite a bit of material cut out and I think the original game is much better when it comes to both story and characterization.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-15, 18:21   Link #1557
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for ep 11:
Old 2011-12-15, 20:56   Link #1558
Angelic Cross
Soul-eating Librarian

Spoiler for ep 11:
Angelic Cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-15, 22:27   Link #1559
rpgman1

Kuma actually grew a body and he turns out to be such a handsome young man. I had to LOL at Kuma's head being left behind to scare that little boy twice. Naoto is on to the gang anyway. No one commented on Noriko Kashiwagi entering the classroom with her bouncing breasts and only Narukami commented on how well-endowed she is . I thought she would sounded a lot older, but she sounded younger. He was also doing so well on final exams compared to his mid-terms. Narukami defending Nanako from that creepy fish eyes with the mole.

Last edited by rpgman1; 2011-12-15 at 22:59.
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-16, 00:17   Link #1560
Dr. Casey

Ah, Mitsuo. I've always thought he's a fascinating character, glad we've reached the part of the story that focuses on him. Mitsuo seems more forward and aggressive than I remember him being in the game (Where he was pretty much just a lonely, bitter guy that lived in the world of RPGs and was too underconfident/scared of people to confront them), but I think his more pronounced, less subtle characterization here is also nice; I thought the scene where he threatened Nanako was pretty cool... hopefully she isn't going to be traumatized by the experince and lose her love for Junes. D: The message board scene was funny and very true to rapidfire 2chan style message boards, but I found the scene a bit confusing in that most of the responses scroll by so past it's impossible to read. For us it's not too bad thanks to the magic of the Pause button, but those watching the scene on TV would be missing out on a lot since most of the responses (The source of Mitsuo's frustration) are a blur. Why make the main crux of the entire scene essentially impossible to catch? I think the scene could have been handled a lot better.

And yeah, Yu repeatedly scarring the kid with Teddie's misplaced head was hilarious. Shades of Black Mage and Onion Kid there...
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy