AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-01-19, 18:27   Link #2281
NeoChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post
The only problem is that the Archangel is not enlisted in the Orb forces. They are marked as hostile ship.
Talk about being called "allies" against Zaft
NeoChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-19, 19:03   Link #2282
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post
The only problem is that the Archangel is not enlisted in the Orb forces. They are marked as hostile ship.
They are not marked as anything before they showed up. The first thing they did was to stop Minerva's shot from firing at Orb and then Cagalli identified herself and addressed the Orb fleet.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 13:58   Link #2283
23 gundam fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
They are not marked as anything before they showed up. The first thing they did was to stop Minerva's shot from firing at Orb and then Cagalli identified herself and addressed the Orb fleet.
exactly the aangel shows up and just attacks the minerva. to the crew of the minerva they felt like wth. it was orb who set us up and are now attacking us alongside the earth forces but the aangel attacks the minerva. you cant blame the minerva for assigning the aangel into the catagory of hostile ship. the problem is when the aangel would show up, it would be after kira comes in guns blazing. on the battlefield the minerva didnt know what they were doing. athrun tried to explain this, but kira would seem to just go stupid and not really address it. and then continue to do it. the fact is the aangel crew should have listen to athrun and got cagalli ass back to orb, if they saw her themselves with her new resolve end of the orb problem. i truly think the storyline was written to like this to drag it along to fill out the episodes.
23 gundam fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 14:38   Link #2284
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23 gundam fan View Post
exactly the aangel shows up and just attacks the minerva. to the crew of the minerva they felt like wth. it was orb who set us up and are now attacking us alongside the earth forces but the aangel attacks the minerva. you cant blame the minerva for assigning the aangel into the catagory of hostile ship.
It can't be helped since they came when Minerva was just about to fire at the Orb fleet. And I'm not blaming the Minerva for anything. But the fact remains that after the initial shot, Cagalli made her intentions clear.
Old 2012-01-21, 02:32   Link #2285
winter45

Quote:
i have been trying to understand this for a long time, why didnt the archangel just tell zaft a.k.a. the minerva crew why they showed up in there first appearance, i cant understand that, the writing on this point makes no sense.
Cagalli would of cried if Minerva decimated orb forces.

Joking aside.... It was quite clear from the get go that AA would rather see Minerva sink then watch orb forces from being wiped out. If this wasnt the case AA would of never participated in reducing Minervas offensive abilities which would be in turn remove Minerva defensive abilities when overwhelmed.

So nicely put, Dialogue intentions with lethal force is comprehended as a demand than negotiation. Dont expect to be best friends when push comes to shove.

Last edited by winter45; 2012-01-21 at 03:33.
winter45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 02:38   Link #2286
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by winter45 View Post
It was quite clear from the get go that AA would rather see Minerva sink then watch orb forces from being wiped out.
To be fair, they would rather see neither be wiped out, especially by the other. But of course, they would favor Orb since they live there.
Old 2012-01-21, 03:10   Link #2287
winter45

@ Monster

Im quite aware they would rather have *neither side be wiped out* But as you and I mentioned ORB will be in the priority list when it comes to favoritism which one may conclude if there is no choice, Minerva will sink at the expense for orb.
Old 2012-01-21, 06:35   Link #2288
Gundamx

Quote:
@ Monster

Im quite aware they would rather have *neither side be wiped out* But as you and I mentioned ORB will be in the priority list when it comes to favoritism which one may conclude if there is no choice, Minerva will sink at the expense for orb.
Not really since they protect Minerva too.
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 08:25   Link #2289
winter45

@gundamx

You have missed my point

My point wasnt what AA and crew did do, but more what would they do *IF* situation doesn't favor AA.
Old 2012-01-21, 09:50   Link #2290
Gundamx

Quote:
@gundamx

You have missed my point

My point wasnt what AA and crew did do, but more what would they do *IF* situation doesn't favor AA.
If my memory is right, the second time they fought (Orb Vs Zaft) Orb had the higher hand yet the AA interfere.

P.S.: Spelling.
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 12:13   Link #2291
23 gundam fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
To be fair, they would rather see neither be wiped out, especially by the other. But of course, they would favor Orb since they live there.
i hear you but thats my main point. the aa crew goes on and on about wanting peace. and to look at both side and be fair, that is until orb is in danger, which in this case is after a set up and a fight that they started. as for cagalli a statement over a radio with confirmation means nothing. no one could see her but the ships and gundams can see each other. but the point is i could say over the phone to the u,s military to stop fighting because i am the president. now who out there thinks the military going to stop fighting without seeing that i am the president. and if orb is so advance why doesnt its leaders have a set up or code confirmation to prove they are legit. once again athrun spoke as a soilder would about the whole situation, the problem is in kira case he is not really a trained soilder as far as the politics of warfare goes.
23 gundam fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 13:47   Link #2292
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Quote:
the aa crew goes on and on about wanting peace.
??????????
Old 2012-01-21, 17:57   Link #2293
monster

Quote:
i hear you but thats my main point. the aa crew goes on and on about wanting peace. and to look at both side and be fair, that is until orb is in danger, which in this case is after a set up and a fight that they started.
No, the Archangel, or Cagalli, only wanted Orb to not be involved with the conflict between the EA and the ZAFT.
Quote:
as for cagalli a statement over a radio with confirmation means nothing. no one could see her but the ships and gundams can see each other. but the point is i could say over the phone to the u,s military to stop fighting because i am the president. now who out there thinks the military going to stop fighting without seeing that i am the president. and if orb is so advance why doesnt its leaders have a set up or code confirmation to prove they are legit. once again athrun spoke as a soilder would about the whole situation, the problem is in kira case he is not really a trained soilder as far as the politics of warfare goes.
Hey, you're the one who asked why the Archangel didn't tell ZAFT why their interfere. And I'm telling you they did, so don't try to find faults with it now.
Old 2012-01-21, 20:35   Link #2294
winter45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
If my memory is right, the second time they fought (Orb Vs Zaft) Orb had the higher hand yet the AA interfere.

P.S.: Spelling.
You still have missed my point...

ill elaborate.. It wouldnt matter if orb is winning. What does matter on AA crew minds that ORB must survive.

Regardless of orb situation (winning or loosing) If Minerva all the sudden gets the upper hand regardless outnumbered which concludes ORB defeat is imminent. AA will step in for ORBS favor. If AA cannot disable Minerva they will prioritize ORB safety at the expense of Minerva.
Old 2012-01-21, 21:29   Link #2295
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

We also can't forget that just destroying the Tannhauser ended up KILLING PEOPLE INSIDE (it's not a total automated machine, even the Gundam universes have people actually manning various gun placements and such), which would, to the crew, equate to immediate hostility from the Archangel. If not the Tannhauser itself than people nearby from it blowing up were most likely injured or killed.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 21:30   Link #2296
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera View Post
We also can't forget that just destroying the Tannhauser ended up KILLING PEOPLE INSIDE (it's not a total automated machine, even the Gundam universes have people actually manning various gun placements and such), which would, to the crew, equate to immediate hostility from the Archangel. If not the Tannhauser itself than people nearby from it blowing up were most likely injured or killed.
Oh, like Kira hasn't killed people before.

No offense, but come on now, can we get over this.
Old 2012-01-21, 21:35   Link #2297
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Just saying that, with all the preaching about stopping war and promoting peace, going around killing people, unintentionally or not, does not help that cause. All it does is, as Lacus pointed out near the end of SEED more or less, their own hypocrisy and, as we see happen in SEED Destiny, paint them as a hostile target for whoever is on the receiving end of their force which, in this case, was ZAFT. Happening again with the loss of the Savior, Heine's death, and such, so people can't exactly blame ZAFT for wanting to get them out of the way.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 21:38   Link #2298
monster

Sure, but that's the way things are. Everybody wants to promote peace (publicly anyway), but few are willing to practice it when the other side threatens to endanger them or their fellow countrymen.
Old 2012-01-21, 22:26   Link #2299
winter45

Promoting peace with a gun pointed at you does leave a questionable outlook.
Old 2012-01-21, 22:27   Link #2300
monster

Quote:
Promoting peace with a gun pointed at you does leave a questionable outlook.
Of course you're not promoting peace when you're at war.