AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-10-31, 15:44   Link #1121
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

They should make an achievement that's the opposite of Guardian of Cenarius. I've gotten my rep to Hated with CC on one of my characters from just killing the emissary in Orgrimmar. At 25 rep a pop and a 5 minute respawn timer, I think that is an even bigger accomplishment than Exalted.

I have a ton of characters but most are likely to be never played again. The ones I do or may play are:

Bartley - 64 Dwarf Hunter, Proudmoore US. This is my new main and will be 70 well before WotLK at the rate I'm going.
Galvados - 70 Orc Warrior, Tichondrius US, until I transfer off because this server is an overrated piece of garbage.
Zetsu -70 Undead Warlock, Stormscale US. Highly unlikely I will play this anytime soon.

Quote:
Also, Asera, Prot Pally, Horde on Turalyon US.
Is this server any good? I was looking for somewhere to transfer my horde to and this was near the top of my list to check out because of population and timezone.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-31, 15:47   Link #1122
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Hallelujah for Achievements. I finally managed to step foot into Molten Core and see what it was like to fight Ragnaros. Prior to the 3.0.2. patch, getting a raid going for MC was almost mythical.

Having just started playing WoW since this year July, I don't have a Lvl-70 character yet (highest is 61), and I felt really left out of all the Classic Raid instances as the LFG-Channel was all about Outlands. I suppose it will only get "worse" when Northrend finally becomes accessible.

Patiently working my way to Outlands, and hoping to complete more of the Classic Raids, at least on my main character.

Cheers.
Old 2008-10-31, 16:28   Link #1123
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
Is this server any good? I was looking for somewhere to transfer my horde to and this was near the top of my list to check out because of population and timezone.
To me it seems pretty busy. My guild over there is pretty small at the moment. Just a couple of friends that I've been playing with for a few years now, but we still manage to get Zul'Aman done every reset. Hoping to pick up enough for 10man raiding come WotLK

There are a lot of horde guilds here. Fusion which I think is the current 25th best guild in the world?, Misclique another Sunwell guild, I think there is one more sunwell guild, then maybe two guilds that were around t6 level pre 3.02 patch.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-31, 17:13   Link #1124
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Finally got my last heroic done yesterday, so done with Outland dungeons (although I ran all those !^&$!!& heroics so many times, stupid credit system of fail). Also managed to get into a 5-man Onyxia kill. Then I just cruised around Kalimdor doing exploration achievements. How I managed to get in and out of Orgrimmar with 10 people taking chase on me, I don't know. Amazed I never died at any point. Going through Durotar was very tense. I guess I'll finish Eastern Kingdoms exploration now, then chill until Lich King. Exploration is an easy way to rack up achievements/a title.

I thought the achievement points were able to unlock vanity items in Northrend. I remember seeing a blue post saying that they would never be used for actual items but for vanity stuff.
Old 2008-11-01, 01:19   Link #1125
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Finally hit level 60 for the first time... Only took me like 3 years
Old 2008-11-01, 02:14   Link #1126
Xacual

Ret paladins are getting destroyed by Blizz. After finally being able to do good dps, I'll admit they were totally overpowered at 70 and even at 80, but they've been that way for months. It just looks bad on Blizzard's part that they didn't do some of this adjusting back during the beta. Instead it happens right after the majority of the game got to see and witness the changes, so it seems like it happened because of all the crying and whining on the forums.

The newest change being that Avenging Wrath, the 20% increased damage and healing skill(aka the wings) now causes the 3 minute forebearance debuff again. I noticed it tonight in Karazhan in our boring run. Ever since the patch tanking, I tend to use avenging wrath all the time now and then use divine protection too, and now because of Blizzard's failure of balancing my Prot pally can't do that anymore. I'm getting kind of annoyed that my prot pally is getting affected by these stupid ret pally nerfs.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2008-11-01, 05:07   Link #1127
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Yeah they are taking it to Paladins pretty hard. In my opinion Forbearance should last for the duration of the buff, so it merely prevents stacking Divine Shield + Avenging Wrath, that would go a long way to lowering the PvP QQ I think.

I think damage wise for Ret they are still quite competitive with other dps. But I haven't seen any parses for the last week since that hot fix the other night so can't say for certain. Being a hybrid though Ret shouldn't be topping charts against 'pures' all the time (they did it a fair bit but it has come down a lot). Also, other classes that are pulling crazy DPS numbers are going to be nerfed into the dirt as well, I think they just hit Paladins first because they were the most out of whack perhaps for various reasons.

GC mentioned in response to DK DPS concerns that their DPS was too low that it seemed too low because the classes that were beating them were overpowered and due for nerfs. I'd say that Paladins were the first to be hit with said nerfs. Other classes will be up soon as well.
Old 2008-11-01, 06:14   Link #1128
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Ret paladins are getting destroyed by Blizz. After finally being able to do good dps, I'll admit they were totally overpowered at 70 and even at 80, but they've been that way for months. It just looks bad on Blizzard's part that they didn't do some of this adjusting back during the beta. Instead it happens right after the majority of the game got to see and witness the changes, so it seems like it happened because of all the crying and whining on the forums.
Balancing the class right now is going to be tricky since most current changes that 3.0 brought on was done with lvl 80 balance in mind. But overall though, i think paladin as a class is ok. Nothing as bad as the MC days where they ve been relegated to heal and heals only.

And oh, funny enough Ret pally were OP when 2.0 first came out and quickly got nerfed once TBC comes around. I imagine it ll be the same case again with 3.0 and woltk
Old 2008-11-01, 08:03   Link #1129
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

I still say Ret wasn't OP, but then again I was like level 40ish and then 50ish during that time so it hardly seemed OP... It merely was useable again
Old 2008-11-01, 08:21   Link #1130
Ending

Started playing with my priest again after a three month break, now that WOTKL is just behind the corner, and I really have to say that the PvP aspect of the game is completely wasted now. Before it was somewhat wrong, especially in arenas, but now I don't dare to queue to BGs anymore because of the melee/DPS dominance. My priest can't survive 10 seconds 1v1 and you know how much public players help...

On the more positive note, achievements seem to have sparked new interest in old dungeons, even if it's just a quick massacre through the place.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-01, 08:31   Link #1131
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Might need to wait till later on, like around level 80 to get a more accurate reading of PvP WP. The HP jump is massive even in the blue PvP gear (or whatever it is on the premade's on Murmur), its like 16K unbuffed for cloth.

Personally, I really like the new Disc tree for healing (not so much as a PvP tree). I find it really quite enjoyable.
Old 2008-11-01, 09:49   Link #1132
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Well I just had a weird night...

Came on today just to finish Exploration achievements and Nessing achievements.

I'm about to log off then the equal best Alliance guild on Blackrock say they're running an SSC/TK double header pug but only taking people that ain't scrub. I get in, then get dropped at the gate. 2 mins later I get back in due to an in-game mate attesting I'm better than another player.

1 hour later - SSC clear, I get Tirisfal Helm from Vashj for 125g
Another hour later - TK clear, I get Tirisfal Chest from Kael for 50g
(Someone paid 1.2k for a T5 helm and another 1.05k for T5 chest! So I think I got bargains compared to what others paid!)

So I finally get to see the places, get the achievements. And somehow during Solarian I got the 'Going Down?' achievement done. The raid thought it was hilarious I timed Ice Block to land me about .1-.2 seconds before I would have hit the floor.

Very crazy night but so much fun. Still so giddy.
Old 2008-11-01, 10:29   Link #1133
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
If the reports are right, everyone eats locks right now.
They had it coming, now it's Mages time to shine.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-01, 11:48   Link #1134
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
Balancing the class right now is going to be tricky since most current changes that 3.0 brought on was done with lvl 80 balance in mind. But overall though, i think paladin as a class is ok. Nothing as bad as the MC days where they ve been relegated to heal and heals only.

And oh, funny enough Ret pally were OP when 2.0 first came out and quickly got nerfed once TBC comes around. I imagine it ll be the same case again with 3.0 and woltk
Yeah, I know I've been playing since the original WoW beta. It is just going to look really bad on blizzard's part if sometime during wotlk, they buff ret back up like they did during BC.

Also about the other classes' dps, I know a lot of hybrids are up there. Moonkin are getting nerfed in the next patch with our aoe not giving mana return anymore and also the starfire glyph having a cap on duration it can add. Of course the other side of that is they almost doubled the buff that Eclipse gives. It seems an odd way to balance a class that is "overpowered."

Old 2008-11-01, 12:59   Link #1135
Komori
D:

I finally got it! On the last day no less. Lucky.

[13:40:04][Reverse] has earned the achievement [The Horseman's Reins]!
[13:40:06][P] [Reverse]: wooo
[13:40:08][P] [Reverse]: woooooooo
[13:40:10][P] [Reverse]: wooooooooooooooooooooooooo
[13:40:11][W:From] [Pouty]: you owe me, so fucking big
[13:40:12]You have added the pet Headless Horseman Mount to your collection.

Last edited by Komori; 2008-11-01 at 13:10.
Komori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-01, 16:06   Link #1136
Maes
その目だれの目?

I hate you :P I never saw that thing drop.

Though I guess I can't complain that much since I have a Brewfest Kodo and a White Hawkstrider >.>
Maes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-01, 16:56   Link #1137
Komori
D:

It was the first one I saw and I won it with a 96 roll. ^________^ I was pretty happy. Too bad I never saw either of the Brewfest mounts.
Old 2008-11-01, 17:19   Link #1138
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I'm happy enough with my Dreadsteed.
Old 2008-11-01, 17:55   Link #1139
Komori
D:

The Dreadsteed is nice, but this one has GREEN FLAMES. Every warlock needs green flames. I kinda wish we had the Rain of Chaos that Illidari Fearbringers in BT have. It looks a lot cooler than Rain of Fire.
Old 2008-11-01, 18:04   Link #1140
ryuukazi
Empire of the Sun

Send a message via AIM to ryuukazi
green fire is overrated, you'll just chain casting shadow bolt anyway

Thought I’d never see, The love you found in me, Now it’s changing all the time, Living in a rhythm where the minutes working overtime
ryuukazi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows