AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-12-07, 00:53   Link #1
vega98767
Matchstick Kid

Naruto Gekito Ninja Taisen 3 Computer vs Computer Tourney

Starting tomorrow at noon U.S. Central time i will start the Naruto 3 Tourney using all comp players to play out the rounds. Itachi will not be included due to his superiority nor will Karasu or Akamaru. But alas that leaves me with 26 and I can't create an even bracket so i'm going to have a computer prelim to see who makes it into the tourney. The prelim will consist of everyone facing everyone and they will be seated in the specific spots due to their win/loss ratio in the prelim. The best 16 will make it on to the championship tourney. Make your predictions now. Thanks to sOnJoOL for the idea.

Last edited by vega98767; 2004-12-07 at 01:08.
vega98767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-07, 01:03   Link #2
socomberetta
Dreaming of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vega98767
Starting tomorrow at noon U.S. Central time i will start the Naruto 3 Tourney using all comp players to play out the rounds. Itachi will not be included due to his superiority nor will Karasu or Akamaru. But alas that leaves me with 26 and I can't create an even bracket so i'm going to have a computer prelim to see who makes it into the tourney. The prelim will consist of everyone facing everyone and they will be seated in the specific spots due to their win/loss ratio in the prelim. The best 16 will make it on to the championship tourney. Make your predictions now. Thanks to sOnJoOL for the idea.
What is this exactly?

Some sort of rpg-type thing?
socomberetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-07, 01:10   Link #3
vega98767
Matchstick Kid

Bah, screwed up on the title. I forgot the whole Gekito Ninja Taisen part

Anways, in the game you can choose computer versus computer battles. And what I plan to do is take the characters of the game and put them into a tournament created by me and see who wins.
Old 2004-12-07, 01:14   Link #4
hypertoast
acclaimed

my bets are shikamaru!
not that I have any idea really...
hypertoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-07, 01:15   Link #5
socomberetta
Dreaming of you.

Quote:
Bah, screwed up on the title. I forgot the whole Gekito Ninja Taisen part

Anways, in the game you can choose computer versus computer battles. And what I plan to do is take the characters of the game and put them into a tournament created by me and see who wins.
Whoa, thats pretty cool.

Im going with Naruto winning it all, and Sasuke taking second place.
socomberetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-07, 02:47   Link #6
Tsukuyomi
Crazed Obsessive Otaku

i want old man sarutobi to win... but last time i did something like this dam shikarmaru won because it can dodge all the attacks... after numerous times Kyuubi naruto almost won but Kyuubi naruto died to normal Naruto's Henge counter eheh heh.. ^-^; GO SARUTOBI!! YOU CAN'T DIE TWICE??...

I think i'm gonna try and go with Jiraiya :P you gotta love it when you choose Jiraiya and he won't shut up :O

...i wish u could record it or at least talk breifly of the matchs : )
Tsukuyomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-07, 02:57   Link #7
UzumakiKitsu
Foxy Ninja

If you set the computer to the highest difficulty rating, I'd say it's going to either Orochimaru, The Third, or Kakashi. Then again, I haven't pitted the computer against itself yet in #3... but I think my knowledge of #2 will prove adequate.
UzumakiKitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-07, 04:02   Link #8
Naruto fanboy
Konoha Dark Genius

I think either Naruto or Sasuke
Naruto fanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-07, 04:47   Link #9
zamme
Wandering Prophet

Send a message via MSN to zamme
I've done like 6-7 CPU tournaments in GNT3 now.. ^^
Gaara has won 5 of them, so Ill go with him.
zamme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-07, 10:07   Link #10
eccentric
Just plain eccentric.

I'm just going to say Kakashi will win.
eccentric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-07, 13:14   Link #11
vega98767
Matchstick Kid

Well the Prelims are on their way. Hopefully sometime later tonight I can have the tourney bracket all filled up. The way the Prelim works is that everyone will face everyone once. And if they win 2 rounds to 1 they just get one point. If its 2 rounds to 0 then the fighter gets 2 points. If they lose the fighter gets 0 points. The 16 best scores will go on to the tournament while the rest will shed their imaginary tears and wait til the next tourney.
Old 2004-12-07, 13:27   Link #12
lotus_lee

Kakashi because he can counter specials or Itachi because he is so powerful in the game. I still have to unlock him and the 3rd Hokage though.
lotus_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-07, 14:11   Link #13
Naruto fanboy
Konoha Dark Genius

Dude, read better

Quote:
Itachi will not be included due to his superiority nor will Karasu or Akamaru.
Naruto fanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-07, 16:01   Link #14
vega98767
Matchstick Kid

Well I have taken a break from the tourney action at the moment. Naruto and Sasuke are the only ones totally finished. So the rest of the scores are just as how they stand now. Here is the list so far as it is:

Naruto 26
Sasuke 26
Sakura 0
Rock Lee 2
Neji 3
Ten-Ten 2
Shikamaru 5
Ino 1
Choji 2
Kiba 0
Shino 1
Hinata 1
Gaara 4
Temari 1
Kankoru 0
jiraiya 0
Tsunade 3
Orochimaru 2
Anko 4
Mizuki 0
Iruka 1
Kakashi 0
Gai 1
Haku 1
Zabuza 0
Sarutobi 0

The tourney shall continue ASAP. But for now these are how the fighters stand.
Old 2004-12-07, 19:16   Link #15
sOnJoOL

Send a message via AIM to sOnJoOL Send a message via MSN to sOnJoOL
haha, nice.
i was wondering if this could have a thread on its own.
but good luck vega.
i bet on gaara, like i did before.
sOnJoOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-07, 20:12   Link #16
fieryshadowcard

Too bad it's a computer simulation; in the hands of a real player, the turn-out for those Naruto/Sasuke wins would be completely different. On that note, here are my contenders, and for some reason, they can all teleport (which is why they will win of course)

1) Shikamaru (I like him as a series character, but he's pure evil in this game. The only teleporter who can teleport at will without some combo to start off and will immediately attack after the teleport)
2) Orochimaru (Back + A, combo of some sort, a well-timed X and it's over. No Chakra for you)
3) Sasuke (though I do despise this, but Up + A is evil when Sharingan is activated)

From then on (from how I've seen them used at their best)...
4) Chouji (his roll owns all--it rolled through BOTH KAITENS, AS WELL AS THE FROG, and there's no point trying to counter him because you'll just get hit by his ass while he continues rolling, for goodness sake. And if you get grabbed, then shame on you, but you probably will, because it happens so fast)
5) Haku (Down and X is really useful, kinda like Rock Lee gates-ish except less extreme, but not too much and without life loss)
6) Neji (it's really a tie between him and Haku, depending on if Neji's second special counters Haku's; two words (screamed out as loudly as possible at the time of the special-- "UBER KAITEN!!!")
7) Rock Lee (it's obvious; open the first gate and kick ass; if you get hurt pretty badly, open the next four, wait for a chance to strike, avoid stray shurikens, and win)
8) Gaara (in a one-on-one setting, that punch is going to hurt)
9) Jiraiya (FEAR the frog! dot dot dot AND THE SWAMP!!! MWAHAHAHAHA!!!)
10) Shino (bugs... need I say more? Plus, his combos always are hard to stop since his moves start out under attacks)
11) Temari (as much as I'd hate to admit it, since she's my favorite series character, but hey, the fan will STILL own all, every time... it'd be entirely different if she could summon Kamaitachi in Kiri Kiri Mai... ONE DAY YOU WILL ALL FEAR THE WEASEL (and not the Uchiha one, either)!!!)
12) Zabuza (toned down... A LOT... but hey... still a threat. Block, grab, special. There's nothing else to it.)
13 Kiba (Down + BAA will make anyone feel no joy even if they DO win, although I never understood why people thought the move was so cheap when it can just be blocked).
14) Tenten (she's hard to deal with, and most counters will go right over her head)
15) Sakura (the originator of the heat-seeker, and she's got a teleport that's not half-bad, either)
16) Naruto (if he gets his combos off, he will be very deadly, potentially raising him up much higher in the charts, but most people can't use Naruto to his fullest, and the computer DEFINITELY can't, so yeah... Kyuubi's healing isn't as useful as it should have been, either)

So, yeah. This is my sixteen. Kakashi's not going to be here because Down + A are easily dealt with. Hinata's not on Neji's level, and her best special will only work against idiots in the same way the not-applicable-to-this-list Itachi's Bunshin special will work, and I am proud to say that although I have been Tsukiyomi'd countless times (if you get knocked down, what can you honestly do?), I have never been exploded. Ever. Shame on you for doubting me. And shame on you for getting hit by the explosion, because that's the only way you'd doubt me. Ino's only a pain if her combos succeed; but Sakura's shurikens will own Ino every time. Tsunade... she's got REALLY good end-it-there moves, but they're tough to get off properly (though her special is STILL very effective and easy to connect with... the first one, that is). Sarutobi's combo is really nice, but will most likely not work against a high-level computer. Gai... no. He's all over the place, and he doesn't have the Ura Renge as a safety net (Lee's weakness is always the end of his regular combos; if he's not ending up in the air, unable to block, he's on the ground with the Bruce Lee punch, unable to block).
fieryshadowcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-07, 20:52   Link #17
vega98767
Matchstick Kid

Well looks like this will take longer than I thought. I guess the pre-lims won't be finished til tomorrow sometime (hopefully) but I might as well give a mild update on how the points are. Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura, and Rock Lee are the only ones who are finished so far and Neji is more than half way through. Here are the scores at the moment:

Naruto 26
Sasuke 26
Sakura 4
Rock Lee 23
Neji 6
Ten Ten 3
Shikamaru 7
Ino 4
Choji 6
Kiba 4
Shino 5
Hinata 5
Gaara 10
Temari 4
Kankoru 2
Jiraiya 2
Tsunade 6
Orochimaru 6
Anko 5
Mizuki 2
Iruka 5
Kakashi 2
Gai 3
Haku 3
Zabuza 1
Sarutobi 3

Like I said, pending on school and other factors, hopefully I will have this done by tomorrow and get the actual tournament started. Stay tuned for more in the future.
Old 2004-12-08, 06:31   Link #18
Hanabi
日向花火

Quote:
I'm going to go with the dark horse of the tournament and choose... Hinata. XD

But still, if you did put in Karasu and Akamaru (just for fun!), then you'd wind up with a table like this...

Then, you could draw numbers out of a hat for each character to determine placement, just like in the manga. :3 Obviously, best numbers are 25, 26, 27 and 28. XD It's all the luck of the draw!

Another tournament to try out is just the children, or an adult's tournament too...

{edit} Oh, if you have time, and it's possible, how about a Konoha Genin Team Tournament? :3

Team Kakashi vs Team Gai vs Team Kurenai vs Team Asuma? That could be fun too. ^_^ Ah, if only you had the ability to record the matches onto a PC to make a movie... that could rock so bad. XD
Hanabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-08, 09:20   Link #19
lotus_lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruto fanboy
Dude, read better
Sorry, it wasn't a case of not being able to read well, but because I didn't read the original post, lol.

Then I will still say Kakashi because of his counter.
lotus_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-08, 12:40   Link #20
vega98767
Matchstick Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanabi

I'm going to go with the dark horse of the tournament and choose... Hinata. XD

But still, if you did put in Karasu and Akamaru (just for fun!), then you'd wind up with a table like this...

Then, you could draw numbers out of a hat for each character to determine placement, just like in the manga. :3 Obviously, best numbers are 25, 26, 27 and 28. XD It's all the luck of the draw!

Another tournament to try out is just the children, or an adult's tournament too...

{edit} Oh, if you have time, and it's possible, how about a Konoha Genin Team Tournament? :3

Team Kakashi vs Team Gai vs Team Kurenai vs Team Asuma? That could be fun too. ^_^ Ah, if only you had the ability to record the matches onto a PC to make a movie... that could rock so bad. XD
Yeah i was going to do a long bracket like that but it would just get too complicated (for me at least, you did a nice job setting that up) but maybe in the future i'll do a leaf genin tourney or something like that. Also, Akamaru and Karasu aren't really people nor eligable ninjas, they are just tools. That would be like adding a Kunai into the tourney