AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

View Poll Results: Madoka Magica - Episode 07 Rating
Perfect 10 58 41.13%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 47 33.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 23 16.31%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 6.38%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.13%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.71%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-02-16, 23:07   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Madoka Magica - Episode 07 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Madoka Magica, Episode 07.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
  • Speculation is welcome, however, let's keep it on the topic of the current episode and direct all other speculation to the appropriate threads in this sub-forum.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2011-02-17 at 00:25.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-16, 23:55   Link #2
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
My prediction...

Someone with a preconceived notion will find something in this episode to confirm their beliefs and go "SEE? I told you guys! I am so right about all of this!"

But I'll predict something just to be wrong. ;p Kyoko will call a truce with Madoka and Sayaka, deciding that it is more important to find out what the real deal is before continuing. As a selfish person by nature, she likes having all the information at her disposal so she can make a decision that best benefits herself.

We'll find out what Kyoko's wish was, but not really what her power is (leading to speculation about what her power is).

Sayaka will say something like, "This new revelation scares me, but I knew there would be risks going in. I'll just have to fight that much harder."

And this is going to be an episode of much revelations.

Oh, and they still won't clarify what a wish can do, nor if it can revive Mami.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 00:11   Link #3
Kazu-kun

Predictions. Nice, let me see....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
But I'll predict something just to be wrong. ;p Kyoko will call a truce with Madoka and Sayaka, deciding that it is more important to find out what the real deal is before continuing. As a selfish person by nature, she likes having all the information at her disposal so she can make a decision that best benefits herself.
I think otherwise. I'm betting the preview is from a chat between Kyubey and Kyoko. Somehow he'll manage to convince her that since her wish, whatever it is, was granted, she has to ignore all the stuff they learned about the soul gem and keep fighting as always. And she will do just that. She's not going to side with Homura (unfortunately) and instead is going to try and monopolise the witches of the city for herself.

I'm actually expecting a scene when Sayaka is fighting a witch, only for Kyoko to intervene, kill the prey and take the grief seed. Sayaka will be left with a darker soul gem and no means to cleanse it.

This well happen more than a few times in the next few episodes.

Quote:
We'll find out what Kyoko's wish was, but not really what her power is (leading to speculation about what her power is).
Possible, as a little flashback while Kyubey is talking with her.

Quote:
Sayaka will say something like, "This new revelation scares me, but I knew there would be risks going in. I'll just have to fight that much harder."
Sayaka will probably be left in the dark about the whole thing, pretty much like she is about Mami's death and Homura's intervention at the time. If Madoka does try to tell her about it, she'll brush it off.
Old 2011-02-17, 00:20   Link #4
Silverwyrm

Quote:

Oh, and they still won't clarify what a wish can do, nor if it can revive Mami.
But Homura said bringing back the dead is hopeless, that's like super clarification since we all know she is from the future and knows everything about every character and every rule and stuff! Also, she stops time while teleporting upside down and running backwards while making bombs with her hands but we only get to see a flick of it happening.

I predict Homura will hold her tongue on more real advice, Kyoko will get angsty, Miki will screw up, then Homura does something cool to stop something bad which could have been avoided if kyuube didn't keep dragging Madoka around, everyone will be surprised, homura will snub them, then someone on the forum uses it as irrevocable proof of her dreadful evil intentions.

Please don't punish me for exaggerating

In any case, a revelations episode sounds about right, I really don't think Kyoko is going to be antagonist in this episode but you never know. What I am wondering is if anyone will question Homura who obviously knew exactly what was happening based off her instant reaction to the incident. Kyuube's little speech might have taken their minds form it but I hope they aren't so dense to not notice that Homura clearly has the same knowledge as him, which was kept from them and in Kyoko's case knowing she is a "wild card" if shes smart enough to bring it up Homura is going to have to deliver something sometime or she will look just as suspicious. Or she will flick her hair, give a couple cryptic and cruel but unfortunately truthful lines and walk away.
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 00:25   Link #5
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

Let's see if Urobuchi's rollar coaster claim is either trolling or real wtf horror.
Old 2011-02-17, 00:28   Link #6
Silverwyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post
Let's see if Urobuchi's rollar coaster claim is either trolling or real wtf horror.
its also possible he could troll us for a couple episodes then surprise-coaster us. I think I would enjoy that greatly
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 02:31   Link #7
Mentar
Banned

Predictions?

I think that the dramatic focus of the show will remain on Sayaka:

o Slippery Slope, continued. Pressure continues to rise for her, and things will go from bad to worse. Primarily, I expect her relationship with Kamijou to go nowhere at best, and to turn really sour at worst.

o She'll complain to QB because she'll feel that she was deceived and tricked. He'll give her a standard QB apologetist answer along the lines of "I never lied and you knew what you were getting yourself into in exchange for the wish, this soul issue really is nothing".

o In the end, I expect her to feel quite betrayed and frustrated

o It would be logical if she used up more magic this episode (maybe more familiar fighting), but I think she will not be able to acquire a grief seed to purify her SG. I expect the question "what happens when a MG can't purify her SG" to be raised - maybe even answered. My theory: MGs who don't purify her SGs turn into witches.

o Madoka will try to recruit Homura again, but she still won't spill all the beans she knows. Maybe we'll learn why not, but my gut feeling says it's too early for that. Something is holding her back.

o Kyoko... I'm really unsure here. She won't team up, I think. Maybe she'll have one more clash with Sayaka (more power expenditure), but somehow I still doubt that she'll kill Sayaka while she's still a MG.

o Maybe some more info about the upcoming Walpurgisnacht.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 04:15   Link #8
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

i can't wait for ep 07!! XDDDD
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 04:39   Link #9
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post
That's pretty much my sentiments about episode seven. Wait and see.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 05:03   Link #10
zato_1one

I predict that Kamijou is BL.
Old 2011-02-17, 05:49   Link #11
scr
my sides are in orbit

I predict that QB will get away unscathed, Kyouko snaps and starts a killing spree, Sayaka is on the butt end of an NTR, and Homura is determined to face the Walmart Night alone. Madoka will be crying and whining.
If there's a Final Fantasy game that I must put my personal seal of disapproval on, it's Crisis Core. I mean, just look at how this Genesis Rhapsodos dude is raping the canon. It's bad. As in, fanfiction bad.
scr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 07:07   Link #12
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
I predict that Kamijou is BL.
ROFL.

my prediction will be, homura's gonna flick her hair and the characters will talk. XDD

ok,srsly, i can't guess. i'll just wait for some spoilers.XDDD
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 07:38   Link #13
guuchan
Mou Nakanai~
*Fansubber

Oh, predictions. Let me throw in some too that I guarantee will turn out true:
  1. By the time I get around to watch the episode, there will be at least 10 pages on this thread;
  2. There will be arguments again over whether Kyuubee is evil or not;
  3. Madoka will still be a non-MG;
  4. Sayaka will still be alive;
  5. More people will believe in ED lyrics;
  6. And the list goes on...
guuchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 08:30   Link #14
Seihai
スマイリウム

Prediction. Kyouko will be pissed off and stuff herself with countless Taiyaki and Pocky. Maybe she will find new food, too?
Old 2011-02-17, 09:32   Link #15
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I'm not going to make any highly specific predictions, because this anime has been admirably unpredictable enough that I have little faith in them (at least on an episode by episode basis).

However, one general prediction:

A character of some importance dies this episode. More likely to be an important "normal human" character (i.e. Kamijou, Madoka's mom, Hitomi) than one of the magical girls. This anime probably needs another shoe to drop this episode in order to maintain its dark tone. Been a few episodes now since the last character death, and Madoka Magica might start to seem too tame to some of its fans if it continues to avoid complete character casualties.

And now a word from my avatar...

Bald Guy: You have to see the big picture. People will die. Billions!

Clown: People will die. Urobuchi is a man of his word.

Creepy Mascot: Contract with me, Madoka!
Old 2011-02-17, 09:38   Link #16
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I predict a certain degree of rebellion and some disobedience of the MGs towards QB. I mean I assume that at this point, being forced to toe the thin metaphysical line between life and death with the very basis of their souls even outside of combat without their knowledge would make them start questioning just what the fuck they got themselves into.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 09:41   Link #17
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I predict a certain degree of rebellion and some disobedience of the MGs towards QB.
Yeah, I think that we'll more or less get that too.
Old 2011-02-17, 09:52   Link #18
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
I predict that everyone's predictions are going to get Joss'd.

... I'm only half-serious.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 10:16   Link #19
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by guuchan View Post
Oh, predictions. Let me throw in some too that I guarantee will turn out true:

Sayaka will still be alive;
Guarantee, guu? I'd list that as likely, but not guaranteed ... unless of course a witch is "alive".

If "witch" is considered "dead", too, I'd put 2 hellroasted QB tails on a 1:5 longshot bet against you.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 11:18   Link #20
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverwyrm View Post
But Homura said bringing back the dead is hopeless, that's like super clarification since we all know she is from the future and knows everything about every character and every rule and stuff!
You'd have to look at her statement again, because she compared something as being as fruitless as bringing back the dead. Not that it was impossible, since fruitless could also "not worth the effort." Also, was in no way in reference to a wish. And Homura is biased, too, since she doesn't want Madoka to become an MG, thus telling her you could wish Mami back to life might make Madoka consider doing it.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote