AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2013-08-27, 05:12   Link #1081
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
But the one summoned is a copy of the original in the Throne. Not the character while they're still alive. So, still dead people.
But given that the person in question doesn't have to be dead in the period the copy is summoned, I don't see how this matters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
I mean Cataclyst for summoning the Nanoha char. Compatible might be easier, but I'm not quite sure since the only example of that - that I remembered - turn out to have a cataclyst as well.
Gilles springs to mind. Hassan loopholed his way around it by being the origin of the name assassin. Really, catalysts are only needed if the caster wants to summon a specific hero. Without a catalyst it's simply a case of "wheel of fortune." Then you can just say "the grail did it" as a handwave.

Really, the lack of catalysts is a minor technicality in the face of most Nanoha characters lacking the required motivation to fight a lethal war.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-27, 06:56   Link #1082
Gx Hero
Rambler

why the Nanoha Cast would want the Grail. WHo says they do, GIlgamish orignaly didn't even care about it so much. ANyway not all the epic spirits want the grail it is convient that most do, after all we have seen around 14 epic heroes. WHo says they can't summon a epic spirit that wants nothing. Assain from fate stay night was simply happy to be alive and not in fiction. Granted that might have been his wish.

http://nanohamanga.webs.com/

Links to other Nanoha stories on animesuki

http://www.mediafire.com/view/yp9qlj...e%20links.docx
Gx Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-27, 07:13   Link #1083
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
But given that the person in question doesn't have to be dead in the period the copy is summoned, I don't see how this matters.
I mean that the version summoned is the dead person.

Quote:
Gilles springs to mind. Hassan loopholed his way around it by being the origin of the name assassin. Really, catalysts are only needed if the caster wants to summon a specific hero. Without a catalyst it's simply a case of "wheel of fortune." Then you can just say "the grail did it" as a handwave.

Really, the lack of catalysts is a minor technicality in the face of most Nanoha characters lacking the required motivation to fight a lethal war.
All Assassin are supposed to be someone with the identity of Hassan i Sabbah - one of the nineteen versions. Fake Assassin was the exception since Medea cheated, while True Assassin is still a Hassan.

And I admit: Gilles is the case where the "compatible personality" cause come into play.
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-27, 07:57   Link #1084
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Lol. To summon Nanoha, use a droid part as a catalyst. Kudos if you know why.

*RUNS*

But I agree:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
This is the real sticking point. You can't just stick any random dude into a Holy Grail War and call it a day. It would be a disgrace to both Nasu and the Nanoha cast. It needs thought, and plotting, and a bit of ingenuity at times.

------

Allow me to digress for a moment, now that we're on catalysts. I really love building a Fate/ transposition around Hayate. Its a straight ticket to involving the Aces, there's so much potential in her background, she's a powerful mage, and I get to explore why all that exists! Furthermore, SHE HAS A CATALYST RIGHT THERE.

Caster - A bubbly, delightful and somewhat naive personality of a Servant. She closely resembles Reinforce Eins, but identifies herself as Lady Null vi Sagaras, the first owner of the Tome of the Night Sky. A powerful mage with style as appropriate of a textbook magical girl (perhaps, even more textbook that everyone else), Caster wields the power of the Tome at the level of a Noble Illusion. However, she is not interested in fighting and was just happy to be back, and to see her beloved knights, calling them by their original names and embracing them like old friends. Nothing seems to get her down for long. Even when Signum and team have no recollection of her, resulting her to have a comical breakdown for all of 30s, Caster psychs herself back up to make it up to them.

------

So, Hayate summons Caster, and in effect she plays the role of the hero of the 8th Grail War. She has no interest in a lethal fight, but her origins belie that fact, and certainly her opponents will take advantage of that again and again. However, it can be argued that both Caster and Hayate, like Kirei, have an unknown wish in their hearts that the Grail seeks, its up to the author to feasibly flesh it out.

Casting Caster as the heroine Servant also lets you mix thing up a bit. Its not always Saber, you know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gx Hero View Post
why the Nanoha Cast would want the Grail. WHo says they do, GIlgamish orignaly didn't even care about it so much. ANyway not all the epic spirits want the grail it is convient that most do, after all we have seen around 14 epic heroes. WHo says they can't summon a epic spirit that wants nothing. Assain from fate stay night was simply happy to be alive and not in fiction. Granted that might have been his wish.
This statement is also spot on! While I didn't realize it back then, over the years I got a chance to hammer down my Belka history, and that paved the way for me to solidify Saber's personality:

Saber - An affable, mature woman who has both the presence and wisdom of a ancient lord still loved by her people. Saber often teases her Master for being a brat and crude, and is insightful enough to warn him not to fall in love with her. As expected of one of the greatest people ever to have lived, the Lord of Midchilda, Olivie Segebrecht. She appears to be very familiar with Earth traditions. While Kazuki was faffing around about teleporting into Non-Administered Territory while haboring a Lost Logia (and fretting about the sentence he was going to get!), Saber simply transmuted her clothes to that of a lay persons, walked into a convenience store, declared herself to be a backpacker and got herself a part-time job. A brilliant tactician coupled with fighting prowess, she easily bested even the Sisters of Belka with just her fists. She openly declares to be in the running for the Holy Grail in order to reform New Belka, to the point of sounding like a cool-headed tyrant. But it is later revealed that she intended to test the descendents of her people, to see if they could rise above the circumstances, win the Grail War and then dismantle it. While Saber does have her Noble Illusion, she refrains from using it, or consuming mana in general, as her Master had an E-rank linker core which was barely enough to maintain her existence. Later in the story, Kazuki returns the scrap of parchment to Saber, saying that he too resolves to not rely on a crutch and stand up for himself. She then expresses surprise that this tiny parchment was the catalyst of her return and corrects Kazuki that she too leans on her people as much as they lean on her. Saber consumes all the mana in the Shroud of Turing during the final battle for the Grail, and vanishes. However, she can still materialize herself on occasion, implying that she is still there, watching over her people as they grew and prospered.

Last edited by MeisterBabylon; 2013-08-27 at 08:09.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-27, 10:28   Link #1085
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Olivie as Saber? Guess that will finally close the full circle of expiness between her and Arturia xD!

Considering there's a giant bunch of grimderp fanfiction about Nanohaverse characters and blending with verses full of death and misery (and fanservice) that MOST of the fandom seems to love i really don't see a problem devising a motivation for some of the Nanoha characters to fight a war. Hell, the Wolks are practically tailor-suited for the task. Tragic Bakcstory? Check, Experience in murdering? Check, capacity to fail horribly? ...Check (thanks FORCE xDU). They even have the medieval fantasy motif xD!

Of course if you doesn't want to be so cliche you can summon another guy ....say Zest! He hits every trope you mentioned including the part of being dead xD!

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-27, 11:34   Link #1086
Gx Hero
Rambler

Not so much for the Nanoha verse getting involved with war, not one of those who likes it, recomend gundam for that. However who says it has to be the same way as the anime.

Someone else could be after the rail not related to holy grail wars. Heck here is a story line.

anyway I was thinking about other crossovers of Nanoha I'd like to see.

Nanoha Tenchi

Nanoha Megaman X

Nanoha Sailor moon with a Hayate, or Nanoha, or Fate x Endymion

Last edited by Gx Hero; 2013-10-18 at 04:58. Reason: not double postig
Old 2013-11-27, 21:07   Link #1087
Gx Hero
Rambler

Sorry for double posting

Anyway when I was thinking about crossovers I was thinking about fate/stay night and how each epic hero is summoned via an item that belonged to them or represents them.

Anyway I thought if Vivio was involved their would be two situations that would make sense and also make for a good story idea.

1) the fact that Nanoha is more or less a legendary figure and could be summoned by vivio. This first idea I thought could go where vivio is still mourning over her mother's death and the tale of how they deal with the grail war.

The other idea is that vivio is an orphan or something and summons Nanoha and as the story goes along Nanoha wants to adopt vivio and since in the game the epic spirits don't fade away after the war, forgot why, it would be possible.

2) the second idea is that Nanoha or one of the other cast summons the sankt kaiser due to vivio being a clone and therefore able to summon the sankt king.

Old 2013-11-29, 02:42   Link #1088
Laevatein

Given that "Nanoha is a Gundam" has been a meme for a long time now, surely I can't be the first to have thought of Nanoha being an actual Gundam pilot? Perhaps take a leaf from 00, but instead of GN particles, they're called "BF Particles"...
Laevatein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-03, 20:49   Link #1089
Gx Hero
Rambler

Hey After reading Nanya's blood that flows I decided I might take a stab at a Slayers Nanoha fanfiction since it is more easy for me to blend the two, well at least in my mind. However I need some opinions on a few pairings I may want to add.

Hayate x Sirius

Hayate x Zelgadas

Vivio x zelgadas

Vivio x Sirius

I assume zelgadas is compatable since there is the whole AAmillia and zelgadase liking each other secretly even though they seem like they have opposite personalities.

Old 2014-02-08, 11:06   Link #1090
Gx Hero
Rambler

Hey sorry for double posting.I had an idea for a nanoha crossover I was thinking a DN Angel crossover where Teana , Fate, Chrono, or vivio has to go to earth and stop a phantom Dark and realizes the truth behind Dark and the true reason behind the thefts.
For Vivio this would fit in more since she is a book worm/ battle maniac.

Old 2014-02-11, 21:50   Link #1091
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
If the Grail would be considered Lost Logia, then they'd probably seal it instead. And there was a story with that already.
Old 2014-02-22, 14:32   Link #1092
Laevatein

Can't remember if it's been brought up before, but crossing Nanoha over with RWBY seems like it could be fun.
Old 2014-02-22, 15:39   Link #1093
Gx Hero
Rambler

I was actually thinking of posting it haven't seen beyond the first episode but I think it probaly would be something worth trying

Old 2014-03-06, 00:43   Link #1094
Laevatein

Given that we all know she's a Gundam already, I'd be interested in seeing Nanoha and friends in Gundam Build Fighters.
Old 2014-03-10, 00:35   Link #1095
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laevatein View Post
Given that we all know she's a Gundam already, I'd be interested in seeing Nanoha and friends in Gundam Build Fighters.
Pilots using Figmas of Nanoha in GBF. :Q______
Old 2014-03-22, 11:48   Link #1096
TheToaster

I would personally love to see a Nanoha crossover with a Gundam anime.

The whole war scenario would work pretty well, that and it would be amazing to see Nanoha fighting Gundams.
TheToaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-22, 15:27   Link #1097
Gx Hero
Rambler

not into the whole war thing with Nanoha. They are already based on gundams.

However I wonder what sort of insanity could be created from crossing Nanoha with the Sd GUndam.

Old 2014-03-23, 00:26   Link #1098
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
not into the whole war thing with Nanoha. They are already based on gundams.

However I wonder what sort of insanity could be created from crossing Nanoha with the Sd GUndam.
I'm also curious as how will be a crossover of Nanoha with an actual Gundam series. Lot's of explosions ensue, obviously.

Talking about crossovers. I wonder how the TSAB will react to the existence of The Doctor and the TARDIS. Of course it will be also interesting to see the reaction of the Doctor (and his current companion(s)) to a society entirely supported by "Magic". Wonder if the sonic screwdriver can work on Mid-Childan technology.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 20:37   Link #1099
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
I'm also curious as how will be a crossover of Nanoha with an actual Gundam series. Lot's of explosions ensue, obviously.

Talking about crossovers. I wonder how the TSAB will react to the existence of The Doctor and the TARDIS. Of course it will be also interesting to see the reaction of the Doctor (and his current companion(s)) to a society entirely supported by "Magic". Wonder if the sonic screwdriver can work on Mid-Childan technology.
Tsuzuki treat magic as Gundam's Minosky particles, not D&D or standard fantasy's "DONT FUCK WITH ME OR I'LL FUCK YOU UP!!!" force. Doctor's sonic screwdriver will work with no problem.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 22:41   Link #1100
KeithKurogane
Recorder of World Lines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post

The question is... which Doctor?
The War Doctor?
The Tenth?
The Eleventh?
Or the Rowan Atkinson one?