Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2006-12-08, 02:58   Link #21
Liquidus
╞╩╗

Here's a trailer with some of the game play in it:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...701342&q=okami

I hope people enjoy it while they can, since I doubt there will ever be another one. Shame.
Liquidus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-08, 11:39   Link #22
Ravage

Yup, damn Capcom, they shouldn't have closed down Clover Studios .
The game won't be out over here until next year, but I was finally able to play it on a games convention in Holland('bout 25.000 visitors over 3 days) and it ROCKS, too bad a line of waiting people started developing after me when I started playing(the game had been overlooked until then), so I could only play for 15 minutes or so.
Luckily I've got Gears of War, Call of Duty 3 and other games to keep me entertained until it releases in Europe.
Ravage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-02, 23:02   Link #23
~Destiny~
Tra La Laaaa~

Send a message via MSN to ~Destiny~
Hi, I wasn't sure if I should put in in music forum or ask here, but, I just wanted to ask a question. Does anyone have the english tranlation of the ending theme "Reset" by Ayaka Hirahara?
~Destiny~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-21, 23:23   Link #24
Ichigo_Strife728

Okami.

What a masterpiece of a game. Seriously it's one of the best games out there. It has so many memorable events, it makes me want to cry.
Ichigo_Strife728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-22, 16:47   Link #25
arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidus View Post
It's a great game, too bad Clover is no more. Dissolved back into Capcom.
The creative team for Clover has set up their own company; Seeds. They'll produce games for the PS3 and 360.
arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-22, 17:50   Link #26
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Aah, that's good news. I love Okami dearly.

Unfortunately, I'm still very attached to the PS2... so much that I don't really care to get a PS3 (if that makes any sense).
Risaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-21, 18:52   Link #27
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

My daughter was playing Okami, and we were looking at the extra video segments. Watching one of the untranslated game previews in the extras area, we saw that the Japanese captions had two lines of text. Above each line of the main, large text were lines of smaller characters that were also fewer in number than the main lines. Were the smaller lines written in the character set that I believe children use when first learning written Japanese?

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2008-12-22 at 11:13.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-22, 03:34   Link #28
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei
My daughter was playing Okami, and we were looking at the extra video segments. Watching one ofof the untranslated game previews in the extras area, we saw that the Japanese captions had two lines of text. Above each line of the main, large text were lines of smaller characters that were also fewer in number than the main lines. Were the smaller lines written in the character set that I've believe children use when first using written Japanese?
Are you referring to furigana? If so, yes, that is how children learn to read kanji that may have multiple pronounciations.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-22, 10:43   Link #29
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Yes, that's it. I couldn't remember the name.

I guess the presence of furigana subtitles means that the Japanese don't think Okami is inappropriate for children. In the US it carries a "T" rating. I wonder if that's because the suburban housewives who staff the ratings panels thought it too violent, or whether they objected to Issun's relentless hitting on every woman he meets? It's all so muted, though, with lines about things like "nighttime activities."

My skills with the brush are pretty poor, so I've only played a few hours of Okami. The beauty of the game never fails to impress. I've also been playing Final Fantasy XII again with its enormous panoramas and realistically portrayed worlds. What captivates about Okami is the exact opposite, how beautifully Clover created an entirely fantastic world. Even the humans are drawn as caricatures. A totally caricatured world is hard to find in anime as well. Most studios follow SquareEnix's line and pursue verisimilitude as the goal. Looking down in my signature I see only Hidamari Sketch and Oh! Edo Rocket as even plausibly similar to Okami with the latter, at best, mixed. Shows like Nijuu Mensou, Kure-nai, or Seirei no Mobirito all admirably express the anime norm.

Anyone actually seen a game from Seeds? A Google search brought up this press release about the creation of Seeds from Clover, but the link in that story takes me to a Japanese site that doesn't look to me to have much to do with video games. Or are they specializing in "that" sort of game?

Edit: Just bought Clover's other two games, Viewtiful Joe and God Hand, for $20 each at Amazon. Neither of them look anything like Okami. The first is a side scroller, and the second is a massive beat-em-up game. They both come highly recommended nevertheless. I'm usually an RPG guy, though I do like Ratchet & Clank, especially for the humor. The reviews for both these games suggest they're pretty humorous as well. My daughter might like both of these. She's more accepting of hitting on-screen characters than am I. I'm not sure I could pursue a complete game of God Hand, but we'll see.

I don't know if any of this money will ever get to the original folks from Clover, but I can hope.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2008-12-22 at 12:36.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-26, 17:21   Link #30
Lord Uiruu

I have it for the wii. this game is damn awesome, it seems to have like the wind-waker graphics... and it goes well with the wii because you can draw. of course, the also works with the DS
Lord Uiruu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 00:49   Link #31
Nerroth
NePoi!

Okami HD inbound for PSN, with support for PlayStation Move:

It would be handy if they ever considered a Vita version, too.

Last edited by Nerroth; 2012-06-20 at 01:02.
Nerroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-12, 12:00   Link #32
Hakuryu
Klutz

Blooming this thread back from the dead to report that Okami HD will be released on PS4, XB1 and PC this December!

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Images
Hi-Res Box Art Image
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Even though I already own the PS2, Wii, and PS3 versions of this game I'm still planning on getting the physical copy of the PS4 version when it comes out. This is definitely my favorite game of all time so I'm glad it's still being released on newer consoles to (hopefully) entice more people to its charm.
Old 2019-10-18, 13:24   Link #33
Golden Lily

https://twitter.com/nakamura193/stat...03513543933953

:|
:O
Golden Lily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-20, 23:09   Link #34
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Lily View Post
Wooooohoooo!
Old 2019-10-20, 23:25   Link #35
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Sequel this and revive Dino Crisis. That is all I want Capcom!

And maybe that inevitable RE3 reboot.
MeoTwister5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-21, 08:39   Link #36
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Lily View Post
That indicates a desire, not a confirmation. Okami is owned by Capcom, not Platinum games or Kamiya.

There is a video about this:

The gist is that the relationship between Platinum and Capcom was already strained to begin with, considering the reason why PlatinumGames was founded in the first place was because of Atsushi Inaba's dispute with Capcom that ended up with Clover Studio being shut down. Additionally, Ca

Tatsuya Minami, the former CEO of PlatinumGames, was the one who spearheaded talks between the two companies for a collaboration, but after being ousted for allegations of mismanagement and lack of communication with other board members, the risk-averse Capcom also cut what little communication they had with PlatinumGames and the collaboration never came to fruition.

Unless management at Capcom has changed in the recent years, I don't think they're talking to them anytime soon, especially when they could potentially make a game internally for much cheaper than if they outsourced to PlatinumGames.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2019-10-21 at 08:52.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote