AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2003-12-29, 14:13   Link #81
saku~ya
la~li~lo

Lets just think of it this way, at least we'll get to see 2 or even more in a row. That we won't die like we are now +_+;
saku~ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-18, 04:08   Link #82
gmackenz

I wish some other group would sub this show

I have nothing but respect for the efforts of the group that did the first 6 episodes, but seems that group may be encountering difficulties in this new year, as episode 10 has just been shown already in Japan.

I know that fansubbers work on the projects they love/for the love of doing it. I just wish a lot less groups "love" Chrno less and loved Spica more This show, for me, has become my favorite of the 2003-2004 Anime season.

Competition in all things, even in fansubbing, improves the quality and timeliness of the end product. Ah well, I guess getting rapid turn around with Mezzo DSA and Planet ES will have to suffice for now (allows me to catch up on viewing some of the more older shows I've recorded and not watched).

I just wish the fear I have that the only group interested in Twin Spica has ceased to be active is false.
gmackenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-18, 04:33   Link #83
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

AF hasn't announce that they are dropping the series as of yet so just be happy that the only group subbing it hasn't dropped it. Just have some patience, I'm sure AF will be releasing ep 7+ soon.
Old 2004-01-18, 06:26   Link #84
Kensuke

I really hope that AF doesn't drop Spica, it is one of my two favorite series at this moment (Gunslinger Girl is the other).
Series is a bit childish sometimes (if I remember correctly, it airs 9am in Japan), but still, of the six episodes released so far, two has made me cry.
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-18, 10:18   Link #85
StarCreator
HnK founding lunatic

Trust me - Spica's delay has nothing to do with Chrno Crusade.

I'm not sure when, but they'll probably get working on it eventually.
Old 2004-01-18, 11:45   Link #86
lomeando

I think his thought was that if there was as much over subbing on Spica as there is with Chrno Crusade, he wouldn't have to worry about one group taking their time because he'd just get it from someone else.

I would argue that competition hurts the quality of fansubs more than it helps it. For every group that wants to take its time and do things right, there are seven that will rush any old garbage out the door. All that does is make the quality groups rush things even more, or risk falling into obscurity.

The number of downloaders almost directly corresponds to how early an episode is released, completely independent of its quality. Even if you take the altruistic stance that you are subbing for yourself and that the number of downloaders is irrelevant, popularity is still directly responsible for the amount of talent you can attract. Not even the idealists can ignore it forever.

You want something that will improve the quality of fansubs? Try cooperation. If a group wasn't dependent on a single translator, releases wouldn't be held up when he disappears for a month. If all the energy devoted to posting screen shots of other group's glaring errors was devoted to helping edit before the release, everyone would benefit.

So... if you find you're one of the people who gripes about the quality of a release, ask yourself, "What have I done to improve their quality?" If you can't answer that question affirmatively, then you have no grounds to complain.

If you find you're one of the people who keeps asking, "Why isn't the next episode out?" ask yourself instead, "What have I done to help it come out?" I can guarantee you, harassing the volunteers who do devote their time and effort to it does not help.

Obviously most people differ from me on this point, but I couldn't care less when an episode is released. I've easily got over 500 GB of anime I haven't watched. I don't even start watching a series until someone has finished subbing it. If you really have so much free time that this is not the case, try volunteering for a group. In the long run, producing something is much more rewarding than consuming it.

And StarCreator, since you and I both know exactly who's holding up Spica, it worries me greatly that you use words like "not sure when", "probably", and "eventually".
lomeando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-19, 03:44   Link #87
gmackenz

Never said it was because of Chrno (just dreaming in a silly way for some groups to be more "adventurous" in their choice of projects...Stupid me!), I was hoping to perk the interest of some other group to take up the mantle of a project that still appears to me to have become seriously lapsed. If I hadn't started viewing the episodes already presented I would also be happy to hope for the best and await chance that Spica will be released in a few years time on DVD for Region 1.

Unfortunately I am seriously hooked, and as I know even less spanish than japanese (as another group seems to be progressing quite well in subbing Spica in spanish in a rapidly efficient manner), I am forced to await the resolution of whatever "issues" prevent the completion of the Twin Spica project or the somewhat distant hope of commercial release in the USA. As this show doesn't feature fan-service, wacky outrageous fights or harems, the hopes for the latter eventuality is quite dim for the near future.

Oh well. I'd volunteer/do the subs myself if I had any sort of grasp of japanese, I don't. I do think multiple groups insure that a show *WILL* have a great chance at being fully subbed. And competition, I still believe, almost always enhances than detracts from the finished work.

---

Back to the show at hand...
Old 2004-01-20, 00:05   Link #88
StarCreator
HnK founding lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lomeando
And StarCreator, since you and I both know exactly who's holding up Spica, it worries me greatly that you use words like "not sure when", "probably", and "eventually".
Call it an attempt at speeding that certain person up if you will.

*runs far away*
Old 2004-01-21, 00:20   Link #89
ShinOtaku13
サウスカロライナ人

Send a message via AIM to ShinOtaku13 Send a message via Yahoo to ShinOtaku13
Maybe this sounds odd, but did anyone else other than myself see a slight similarity between Spica and Battle athletes? If not, I may be a little insane.
Just interested to see if anyone else made this connection...
ShinOtaku13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-22, 18:45   Link #90
StarCreator
HnK founding lunatic

Completely fail to see what you mean. They're not even the same genre... o.O
Old 2004-01-22, 22:10   Link #91
lomeando

My favorite comparison so far has been, "It's like a shoujo HxH." I can't imagine why that struck my fancy when I heard it.
lomeando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-24, 05:22   Link #92
StarCreator
HnK founding lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmackenz
Unfortunately I am seriously hooked, and as I know even less spanish than japanese (as another group seems to be progressing quite well in subbing Spica in spanish in a rapidly efficient manner), I am forced to await the resolution of whatever "issues" prevent the completion of the Twin Spica project or the somewhat distant hope of commercial release in the USA. As this show doesn't feature fan-service, wacky outrageous fights or harems, the hopes for the latter eventuality is quite dim for the near future.
I wouldn't discount the possibility so quickly. Not everything licensed in the US has to be of those genres to successfully sell. From the looks of it, just about every genre is getting equal treatment from the companies right now. I'm currently thoroughly enjoying my R1 DVDs of Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto (Someday's Dreamers).

Twin Spica hasn't finished airing in Japan yet though, and at 20 episodes, it's a bit longer than most of the series recently. Perhaps give it a bit of time... I would love to see a US release of the anime and manga (which is also still running).
Old 2004-01-24, 12:39   Link #93
Delleponte

[QUOTE=as I know even less spanish than japanese (as another group seems to be progressing quite well in subbing Spica in spanish in a rapidly efficient manner]

Hi! Where did you find these spanish-subbed Twin Spica episodes?
Thanks in advance!
Delleponte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-24, 13:42   Link #94
gmackenz

[QUOTE=Delleponte]
Quote:
Originally Posted by as I know even less spanish than japanese (as another group seems to be progressing quite well in subbing Spica in spanish in a rapidly efficient manner

Hi! Where did you find these spanish-subbed Twin Spica episodes?
Thanks in advance!
Pour versions francaise = [Anime-Llumina]

For versions en espaņol = [AnS-SnF]

Both of those can be found on other websites (which I hope isn't against policy on the BB to post here) like:

[Linked removed] You can post direct links to Twin Spica Spanish episodes.

or [Linked removed] (under the anime section) Website has links to DVD rips and licensed media.

Please do not post links to sites which offer DVD rips & licensed media. It is against the forum rules . Thank you
-Keitarou20

==========

I am very glad to see a bunch of groups jumping on to the "Uninhabited Planet Survive" bandwagon after the first (and for the longeeesst time, the only fansubbing group) stopped for an agonizing looooong while at episode 2. I wish...I wish...What I've already said...That some other even more deserving and special show could be shown the same interest/kindness by the english-fansubbing community.

At least till something happens in the english subbed space, I at least have amusment and drama to be had from Mezzo DSA, R.O.D. TV, Gokusen and Planet ES.

Last edited by Keitarou20; 2004-01-25 at 18:37. Reason: Removed links to sites that offer DVD rips & licensed media for download via BT
Old 2004-01-24, 16:39   Link #95
Delleponte

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmackenz
For versions en espaņol = [AnS-SnF]

Both of those can be found on other websites (which I hope isn't against policy on the BB to post here) like:

[Linked removed]
Thanks...
But the seach you suggested only showed eps 3-4 by [AnS-SnF] - and the links to the torrents are dead, anyway... Do this group have a web page / irc channel?

Last edited by Keitarou20; 2004-01-25 at 18:37. Reason: Removed links to sites that offer DVD rips & licensed media for download via BT
Delleponte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-24, 18:04   Link #96
gmackenz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delleponte
Thanks...
But the seach you suggested only showed eps 3-4 by [AnS-SnF] - and the links to the torrents are dead, anyway... Do this group have a web page / irc channel?
Web page? Don't know of any. IRC? No idea where, google for it I'm afraid.

you can try your luck with KaZaA or EMule. Bon Chance!
Old 2004-01-25, 18:34   Link #97
Codex

I've taken up watching raws myself. Again, the most recent episode has not failed to make me cry.
Codex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-25, 18:48   Link #98
saku~ya
la~li~lo

You know, I may as well start watching raws if it comes down to it. I was estatic when so many groups started picking up Uninhabited Planet Survive. Now if I could only push some of that energy to Twin Spica. Its been so long since I have watched an episode. And the thing is that I am actually waiting for the fansubs to come out means something to me.

Its not everyday where I watch an anime and I cry by the end of the first and second episode. Not to mention that it has a great plot and character developement. If I am not mistaken the Astronaut teacher looked like he remembered Asumi's name and picture. I would love to see what happened after that and how the classes are going.

I just realized I am rambling I want more Twin Spica XD
saku~ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-25, 20:09   Link #99
Breogan
Umeboshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by saku~ya
Its not everyday where I watch an anime and I cry by the end of the first and second episode. Not to mention that it has a great plot and character developement. If I am not mistaken the Astronaut teacher looked like he remembered Asumi's name and picture. I would love to see what happened after that and how the classes are going.
Probably because he recalled his father's surname, since he worked as an engineer for the space agency or something like that.
Breogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-27, 00:46   Link #100
Lanimoo
Disabled By Request

ahem....

AAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!
>_<

just trying to relieve some stress...
ahem...
thank you for listening
Lanimoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
science fiction, seinen