AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-05-23, 04:35   Link #1681
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
I knew ef would make for great AMVs. Surprised there aren't many more.
Give it time especially once Otakon and AWA passes.
Old 2008-05-26, 20:41   Link #1682
zrdb
I'm Under Arrest!!

Send a message via Yahoo to zrdb
I had Ef sitting in my hard drive for 5 months-finally got around to making a dvd of it and watched it in one sitting-it really blew me away- it's up there with Kanon and Air-but in a different catagory. Excellent series.
Old 2008-05-26, 23:18   Link #1683
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

that amv is trippy.. can't wait for them to start rolling in.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-26, 23:59   Link #1684
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrdb View Post
I had Ef sitting in my hard drive for 5 months-finally got around to making a dvd of it and watched it in one sitting-it really blew me away- it's up there with Kanon and Air-but in a different catagory. Excellent series.
I actually rate it above Kanon and Air, while it's not as emotionally involved, it's better in other ways.

And I still need to get around to annotating the series.
qtipbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-30, 06:48   Link #1685
yjs

Just finished watching ef, it was great although it I didn't felt as emotionally involved as with Kanon/Clannad. However, ef takes a completely different approach to the romance genre and I think they have done quite well- I just wish there was more time for the viewer to warm up to the characters!

There were some breathtaking scenes, some conventional and some very innovative- my jaws dropped with the 100 second phone conversation scene... Overall this series gets a solid 8/10 from me- I will endeavour to watch it again in the near future to see things I've missed.

Oh, I'm kind of upset that Kei didn't end up with Hirono, even though I'm aware that Miyako and Hirono were pretty much made for each other.
yjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-01, 18:03   Link #1686
Synria_
Aboard Kallen's Bandwagon

Well I guess i'm reviving an old anime, but i'm curious if the first part of the game is still available for purchase... I really like the story.

Also, does anyone know if the Drama CD's have music or are they just audio dialogues?

Is the anime series, a tale of memories, based off of the first part of the game?

Overall a very touching series and not many characters, but really well done for the few main characters they had.
Old 2008-06-01, 18:25   Link #1687
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synria_ View Post
Well I guess i'm reviving an old anime
It's not an old anime.

Quote:
Also, does anyone know if the Drama CD's have music or are they just audio dialogues?
It's just the tv show without imagery. Music is still played in hthe background.

Quote:
Is the anime series, a tale of memories, based off of the first part of the game?
& second. Not 100% sure if the story was changed at all in the anime.
Old 2008-06-01, 18:28   Link #1688
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Well I guess i'm reviving an old anime, but i'm curious if the first part of the game is still available for purchase... I really like the story.
Regarding the first part of the game, all the main stores that I've checked that typically ship ero-games worldwide seem to be sold out at the moment (possibly due to increased interest after the anime?). This has happened with many previous minori titles, but they sometimes do get re-releases after a while. So unless you want to get it via deputy at the Amazon Marketplace or via Yahoo Auctions (for example), it may end up being better to hope for a re-release.

Quote:
Well, they don't usually have seperate background music tracks, if that's what you mean, but there's certainly music playing in the background during the drama (like watching anime without the picture, basically). I don't have the game-edition ef Drama CDs in particular, but in terms of standalone music tracks on Drama CDs, the most you sometimes see would be the occasional character song (a special song sung by one of the character VAs).

Quote:
It's based half on the first tale (Hirono/Miyako story) and half on the latter tale (Renji/Chihiro story). And each of the two games contain another tale unshown in the anime. So, basically, you would need to get both games to get "the whole story".

Edit: Too slow.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-01, 18:40   Link #1689
Synria_

Sorry, what i mean about the drama CD's is if they are supposed to have soundtracks in them (like an ost) or is their primary purpose just to listen to the anime without actually watching... ( i understand they have bgm music too)

I am a little confused about it myself, but I pretty much want to know if the drama cd's have things that the anime/visual do not, or if they add on to the storyline and what not.

Are drama cds the equivalent of audiobooks that are sold in the US?
Old 2008-06-01, 18:49   Link #1690
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Sorry, what i mean about the drama CD's is if they are supposed to have soundtracks in them (like an ost) or is their primary purpose just to listen to the anime without actually watching... ( i understand they have bgm music too)

I am a little confused about it myself, but I pretty much want to know if the drama cd's have things that the anime/visual do not, or if they add on to the storyline and what not.

Are drama cds the equivalent of audiobooks that are sold in the US?
No, not really. They're more like a modern-day "radio drama", and typically have different stories not told in the original works. For example, the ef - a tale of memories SP drama CD features a story about Hirono doing a comic for a sick girl, and how the rest of the cast (Miyako, Kei, Chihiro, etc.) rally to help him out. So it's more like a "bonus story", fully dramatized by the anime voice actors, just in audio-only form. Because they're on CD, and not constrained to the strict length of an anime episode, they tend to be longer and a bit more natural in terms of dialog. I'm not sure what the 4 game-related Drama CDs covered, but I assume they would be similar.
Old 2008-06-01, 19:02   Link #1691
Synria_

I see, so could you say that the drama cds don't really contribute to plot development?

Well it doesn't matter anyway because there is no fansubbing for this type of stuff. Even if I had it, it wouldn't help me at all. Haha...
Old 2008-06-01, 19:27   Link #1692
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
I see, so could you say that the drama cds don't really contribute to plot development?
Well, sometimes yes, sometimes no. A lot of the time, the stories in Drama CDs are considered canon, but were either omitted from the original work due to time or other limitations, were added later to fill in gaps left unexplained, or contain "after story" material. So they're not usually part of the "core" plot development, but can often help fill out the missing pieces in a show. They're part of the overall "experience", I guess you could say, but they're often underestimated/underappreciated by English fandom, mostly for the reason you outlined below...

Quote:
Well it doesn't matter anyway because there is no fansubbing for this type of stuff. Even if I had it, it wouldn't help me at all. Haha...
...which is certainly true. That being said, I should also point out that, at the present time, neither of the games are translated either.
Old 2008-06-21, 07:32   Link #1693
Desu
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I'm quite surprised I missed this series for so long, it didn't appear to get much hype.

The art, music, voice acting were all great. Most of all it had it's own style and imagery you don't often seen in anime these days.
Desu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-27, 02:38   Link #1694
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Straight from Rondo Robe 2008 via 2ch:
http://qiufen.bbspink.com/test/read....1214236193/237

ef -a tale of melodies- is planned for production!
The cast currently listed are for Mizuki, Himura and Yuuko. The rest of the production staff look identical so far.
http://www.ef-melo.com/ is 403 but the domain was registered on 2008/06/10 and has identical registration data to ef-memo.com
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-01, 07:32   Link #1695
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Whoa. Just whoa. BWS-R just released a DVD version of ef and I must say the visuals are a kicker in DVD form.

If I'm not mistaken, they even put in some new footage as well. Looks pretty amazing to say the least. I recommend it to all the ef fans. I suppose it makes sense since Shaft tends to rework their DVD releases, but wow. It's like EVERYTHING got a polish in this show.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-01, 08:03   Link #1696
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Whoa. Just whoa. BWS-R just released a DVD version of ef and I must say the visuals are a kicker in DVD form.

If I'm not mistaken, they even put in some new footage as well. Looks pretty amazing to say the least. I recommend it to all the ef fans. I suppose it makes sense since Shaft tends to rework their DVD releases, but wow. It's like EVERYTHING got a polish in this show.
Wow, this just made my day.
And it's early, so I can already tell it'll be a good one.

Even better that they're reusing Menclave's subs, too.

(I've been looking forward to this since I rewatched it months ago.)

Now to wait for the following episodes.
Old 2008-07-01, 08:44   Link #1697
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I can see rewatching a tale of memories with DVD quality a whole new experience. This i can not wait to watch.
Old 2008-07-01, 09:05   Link #1698
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I can see rewatching a tale of memories with DVD quality a whole new experience. This i can not wait to watch.
It will be.

It doesn't look like there's any new scenes in the first episode, though.
Also, the subs might be a bit distracting.

They're larger and curlier than Menclave's original version.
Old 2008-07-01, 15:57   Link #1699
Ahasuerus
UNBOUND-ed

Quote:
Ditto the whoas I hope they have a decent release rate.

Hate to sound stupid, but oh well, I can't know ALL the damn acronyms or waste time trying to guess them either. Who/what does BWS-R stand for?

Quote:
It doesn't look like there's any new scenes in the first episode, though.
Well... new scenes might be too much to hope for, but some extras would be nice, like the game OPs and such But if Shaft DOES rework their DVD releases, then I hope they do add some scenes as well. That would be awesome as hell

And thanks qtip for recommending this; it's broken into my "sacred circle" of faves

Can't wait to buy this, but will have to for now
Old 2008-07-01, 16:22   Link #1700
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahasuerus View Post
Ditto the whoas I hope they have a decent release rate.

Hate to sound stupid, but oh well, I can't know ALL the damn acronyms or waste time trying to guess them either. Who/what does BWS-R stand for?
I have no idea, but I'm assuming the BW is Baka-Wolf.
Quote:
Well... new scenes might be too much to hope for, but some extras would be nice, like the game OPs and such But if Shaft DOES rework their DVD releases, then I hope they do add some scenes as well. That would be awesome as hell
mmm...
Quote:
And thanks qtip for recommending this; it's broken into my "sacred circle" of faves

Can't wait to buy this, but will have to for now
GOOD.

I doubt it'll be licenced for some time. : /
If it is, I both want to and don't want to hear the dub.

Tags
bishoujo, drama, romance, seinen, shaft