AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2010-06-07, 11:41   Link #41
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
I on the side of I'm to sure just because I've seen this happen many times before. Remember Shana, Zero, Code Geass all started out with a good or at least alright first season and everything that comes after that start well yea know...
For Geass, that was the second season being rushed out the door.
(This is not the case for Index, and the anime is a light novel adaption, so there shouldn't be any fear for a rushed story.)

From what I read a little bit earlier, the section of novels used for season 2 were all about romance and character development, which hurt the pacing. A filler ending was also used.
(volumes 7-13 are awesome from what I have read and heard, so I do not think we have to worry about the source material dragging down the show.)

For Zero, that was the studio turning it into a fan-service anime for season 2. At least they learned from their mistakes and made season 3 better, even if it was filled with fan-service still.
(I can't see J.C. Staff turning Index into a fan-service anime. If anything, Railgun serves that purpose more.)
RPG_Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 11:42   Link #42
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

I don't know how or why, but it seems that the 2nd season will go to volume 13...?
http://yunakiti.blog79.fc2.com/?no=5413
Also, it seems Saten-san gets appearance time~! Wakuwaku Dokidoki

Quote:
(This is not the case for Index, and the anime is a light novel adaption, so there shouldn't be any fear for a rushed story.)
Light novel =/= rushed story?
*points to Ichiban Ushiro no Maou*

Quote:
For Zero, that was the studio turning it into a fan-service anime for season 2. At least they learned from their mistakes and made season 3 better, even if it was filled with fan-service still.
Really? I think they never learned from their mistakes, because if season 2 was bad... season 3 was absolutely horrible.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)

Last edited by serenade_beta; 2010-06-07 at 12:01.
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 11:44   Link #43
walt

TOARUverse
where 0>6 and 1>10230!!!
:3
walt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 12:07   Link #44
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
I don't know how or why, but it seems that the 2nd season will go to volume 13...?
http://yunakiti.blog79.fc2.com/?no=5413

Light novel =/= rushed story?
*points to Ichiban Ushiro no Maou*

Really? I think they never learned from their mistakes, because if season 2 was bad... season 3 was absolutely horrible.
Volume 13 is a good novel to use for the season finale. I assume volume 8 will be shortened the most, since parts of it were animated in Railgun.

"Light novel =/= rushed story"
This is true. I don't read every light novel, so I can't comment on how rushed each one will be.
What I meant was that since the novels are already written, the base story is already there to be used. For Code Geass R2, they was less than a year between the airing of seasons, and the writers were pressed for time. The distance between Index season 1 and 2 will be at least 2 years, so I assume that the company had more time to choose the content to be used.

"Really? I think they never learned from their mistakes, because if season 2 was bad... season 3 was absolutely horrible."
Season 3>Season 2 is my opinion and I should have stated it as such. I apoligize for not being clear for that. I just felt that season 3 had more plot development compared to season 2, which I thought had very little actually plot.
My main point was that I felt that the fan-service route did not fit the Index anime, and that the Railgun Anime would be better suited.
RPG_Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 13:21   Link #45
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Is that really bad? The first season adapted the first 6 novels and it didn't feel all that rushed, overall.

Quote:
Also, it seems Saten-san gets appearance time~! Wakuwaku Dokidoki.
Awesome.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 13:37   Link #46
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPG_Fanatic View Post
My main point was that I felt that the fan-service route did not fit the Index anime, and that the Railgun Anime would be better suited.
Well, I don't think we need to worry that much on fanservice. The worst incident of fanservice destroying the story in season 1 was jsut extra appearance time for Inclined-san and taking out a villain.
Though you never know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Is that really bad? The first season adapted the first 6 novels and it didn't feel all that rushed, overall.
Hmm? You must have mistook "I don't know how or why" as me wondering how it is possible, but what I meant is that there is no official statement and from given information, fans have guessed it will end at volume 13 and since I didn't read that far, I don't understand how they guessed it.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 14:59   Link #47
Shadow5YA

I'm not afraid of a rushed story; I'm afraid of poorly choreographed action and fights.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 15:41   Link #48
kitten320

Second season? Cool! When is it supposed to come out?
Old 2010-06-07, 18:01   Link #49
pampz21
ShipCore

pretty much what i expected season 2 end at vol 13...and season 3 starts at SS1 or vol.13.5 cuz it's really part of the story!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 18:21   Link #50
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

I think they'll do OVAs for the SS volumes in between seasons 2 and 3.
Suzuku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 18:24   Link #51
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Well, I don't think we need to worry that much on fanservice. The worst incident of fanservice destroying the story in season 1 was jsut extra appearance time for Inclined-san and taking out a villain.
Though you never know...
I wanna say something, I think I can say this much right? It's not considered too much spoiling right? Right? More of a tease right? Right?

here goes, Index would be doing more fighting.

Quote:
Hmm? You must have mistook "I don't know how or why" as me wondering how it is possible, but what I meant is that there is no official statement and from given information, fans have guessed it will end at volume 13 and since I didn't read that far, I don't understand how they guessed it.
Well it's true that's it's only a speculation for now, but everything about the 13th vol stands out as a good point to end the season. It has an epic crisis, a good boss fight scene, and it's the turning point of the story.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 19:08   Link #52
TJR

Quote:
I don't think it's a matter of learning anything or not. They changed writing teams each time, so it was always a fresh start for the respective staff involved.

Not one person wrote for more than one season of ZnT (hence no one had a chance to improve either). Each crew also adapted the novels with a slightly different methodology (because a different person was in charge of series composition each time).

As for my opinion, I thought Season 2 was by far the worst of the series. S2 was a poor mix of two focuses (attempt at making a shameless fan service show with simultaneous story development. They ended up with a service show that indulged in a boring, crappy plot), whereas the Season 3 writers wisely chose to lean heavily toward one side over the other. If it's going to be cheap service, make it cheap service all the way.
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 22:52   Link #53
tsunade666

zero no tsukaima for isn't that horrible it's just that the 2nd season ending is really irritating for me. Aside that it's okay.

So it's bad for comparing the studio other works as a based from 1st season and the 2nd season turning bad (even though it happens most of the time) Just unfair for me.

And ending the season 2 on vol 13 is also fine but hell it would be too much of a cliffhanger. Then we would wait for 2 years or more to see 3rd season which is the focus of the cliffhanger ending of vol 13...... great
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 23:18   Link #54
Dark Paladin X

YES! More of our favorite anti-hero, Accelerator, please. And yes, to ANY R1 licensing companies, please license the Index and Railgun series and dub it. And yes, Komoe-sensei is sooooo very moe!

And I'm going to redo my dub cast idea since they will add more characters into the second season.
Dark Paladin X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 23:29   Link #55
zero_nmc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Paladin X View Post
YES! More of our favorite anti-hero, Accelerator, please. And yes, to ANY R1 licensing companies, please license the Index and Railgun series and dub it. And yes, Komoe-sensei is sooooo very moe!

And I'm going to redo my dub cast idea since they will add more characters into the second season.
ANTI-HERO??????????????????? hi is a hero in the novel 13................................................ ....................
zero_nmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 23:44   Link #56
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
And ending the season 2 on vol 13 is also fine but hell it would be too much of a cliffhanger. Then we would wait for 2 years or more to see 3rd season which is the focus of the cliffhanger ending of vol 13...... great
Hmm, I think you've got it all wrong. The ending for vol 13 would have concluded the arc nicely, anymore would be pointless, anyless would be a waste.

The way I see it, and you can think of this as a synopsis rather than a spoiler-

Spoiler for 2nd Season Main Focus:
Old 2010-06-08, 01:22   Link #57
tsunade666

well I would like it if they only conclude it in vol 11 but concluding it in vol 13..... the big guys would show up in vol 13... well that would just increase the craving for another season so I guess it's a great way of ending... but a huge cliffhanger for me.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-08, 01:23   Link #58
Inconvenient
Railgun Fanatic

Sweet, about time! Hope JC does a good job with it.
Old 2010-06-08, 01:37   Link #59
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
well I would like it if they only conclude it in vol 11 but concluding it in vol 13..... the big guys would show up in vol 13... well that would just increase the craving for another season so I guess it's a great way of ending... but a huge cliffhanger for me.
I assure you concluding at vol 11 is a bad idea, for one it we would still be stuck with a number of episodes left which would mean anime original story arcs. Secondly, if you're worried about cliffhangers, then it's an even greater reason why they shouldn't end at vol 11 because in the epilogue, there are direct mentionings about *that thing with Mikoto* as well as *that woman from that church* . Plus we wouldn't get any development on Accelerator !

Oh and did I forget to mention: EPIC. BOSS. FIGHTS ?
Old 2010-06-08, 01:39   Link #60
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I assure you concluding at vol 11 is a bad idea, for one it we would still be stuck with a number of episodes left which would mean anime original story arcs. Secondly, if you're worried about cliffhangers, then it's an even greater reason why they shouldn't end at vol 11 because in the epilogue, there are direct hints about *that thing with Mikoto* as well as *that woman from that church* . Plus we wouldn't get any development on Accelerator!

Oh and did I mention: EPIC. BOSS. FIGHTS ?
Sansei..... they should really end it at 13 rather than 11 cuz it makes you sure to have another season....!!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, sci-fi, shounen