AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Old 2011-04-29, 12:53   Link #1
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
'' Send a message via skype ''

I noticed something like this in Yorg's posts under his rep bar. I assume it's enabled from control panel ? Either remove such feature or do something about it .. The pages now look untidy and messy because the area where his avatar is is wider now than the areas with everyone else.
Old 2011-04-29, 13:15   Link #2
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

That's not how it's displayed . You must have been looking at it before the page finishes loading, as that is caused by the mouse over text on it ,"Send a message via skype", to be displayed briefly instead until the skype icon loads in it's place.

All of the message services that can appear under the user's rep do this sometimes, if you look at it while the page is still loading.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 13:46   Link #3
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Makes sense I guess .. But the page indeed was loaded .. I even tried refreshing it and the same thing happened .. Now I can't check it though because Firefox won't even start ( freezing up on startup -.- ).

Oh well, topic may be closed.
Old 2011-04-29, 15:42   Link #4
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

It often seems to take quite a while for the Skype server to respond and show the appropriate icon. I suspect it has to confirm that the person has an account. During this time you'll see the "Send a message" text. I agree it's annoying because it makes the left-column much too wide.

Is there any way to tell how often people use this feature? I presume all the clicks would go to Skype and not appear in your server logs, so it would be difficult to determine. If hardly anyone ever actually contacts someone via Skype, maybe it's better to remove the feature entirely. It's not like there aren't a number of other ways to contact a member.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-02, 05:09   Link #5
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

There is an option to use the local, remote, or language specific images instead. I've changed the settings so that Skype, like all the other instant message links, now uses static images from the local server.
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote