Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-02-10, 13:48   Link #21
Celestia Ludenberg
Ultimate Gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Although the effects were less-than-impressive, to say the least, JW voicing Sonic and the depiction of Robotnik were pretty good.

I wonder when Sega will be smart and start to adapt the Archie comic series. Despite it's many inconsistencies between the different spin-offs and such, imo it remains the most interesting rendition of Sonic since Sonic 3(and S&K) for the Genesis.
The new writer Ian Flynn is amazing, I think he should write stories for Sonic games.
Celestia Ludenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-10, 15:07   Link #22
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
I wonder when Sega will be smart and start to adapt the Archie comic series. Despite it's many inconsistencies between the different spin-offs and such, imo it remains the most interesting rendition of Sonic since Sonic 3(and S&K) for the Genesis.
Sonic 3 & Knuckles had a plot?

Sarcastic comments aside, I'm going to have to disagree. Sonic Adventure 2's story was pretty awesome if you ask me. Also if they gave it a big overhaul I'd probably enjoy '06's story too, the potential is there, it was just executed horribly with a questionable franchise to implement it into

I'm a long-time Sonic fan but I'm indifferent towards the comics. I collect and skim over the new archive volumes they're releasing, but nothing about it I find particularly outstanding. It just feels like an un-canon spin-off.

Anyway on-topic, since it's a fan film I'm a little more lenient on it. It's not perfect but just being a fan project done without the intention of making a profit, it's pretty amazing. You really need to have a love for something to put a budget into this and not get paid for it. Hell, even getting Jaleel White to reprise his role from the cartoons couldn't have been very simple.
Old 2013-02-10, 18:39   Link #23
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Sonic 3 & Knuckles had a plot?
Um, yeah. It was parts 2 and 3 of the "Death Egg Saga". It also had cutscenes, unlike Sonic 2 (which was Part 1).
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-10, 18:49   Link #24
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

That was sarcasm mate. I love the game, but it had a story that was so generic and bare-bones it hardly felt like there was one.

And since when was the Sonic franchise divided into "sagas"? That's news to me.~
Old 2013-02-10, 21:19   Link #25
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
And since when was the Sonic franchise divided into "sagas"? That's news to me.~
Who said it was divided as such? They're mostly standalone, but people identify the Sonic 2, 3 and K as the "Death Egg Saga" because they're all connected.

Sonic 2 ends with the Death Egg suffering critical damage. Sonic 3 picks up where that left off with the Death Egg crash landing on Angel Island and then ends with the Death Egg lifting off and then crash landing again. Sonic and Knuckles concludes this plot line by having the Death Egg finally destroyed after Eggman successfully gets it back into space with Master Emerald.

SEGA tried to extend the Death Egg Saga by one game with Sonic 4 Episode 2 and also brought Sonic CD into the mix by having Eggman rebuild the Death Egg around the Little Planet, but let's try to forget Sonic 4 even exists, mm'kay?
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-10, 21:40   Link #26
Celestia Ludenberg
Ultimate Gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Who said it was divided as such? They're mostly standalone, but people identify the Sonic 2, 3 and K as the "Death Egg Saga" because they're all connected.

Sonic 2 ends with the Death Egg suffering critical damage. Sonic 3 picks up where that left off with the Death Egg crash landing on Angel Island and then ends with the Death Egg lifting off and then crash landing again. Sonic and Knuckles concludes this plot line by having the Death Egg finally destroyed after Eggman successfully gets it back into space with Master Emerald.

SEGA tried to extend the Death Egg Saga by one game with Sonic 4 Episode 2 and also brought Sonic CD into the mix by having Eggman rebuild the Death Egg around the Little Planet, but let's try to forget Sonic 4 even exists, mm'kay?
I don't even get why they brought little planet into this...It never did anything in Episode 2 it was just 'there', could have just been any planet in there or better yet nothing at all.
Celestia Ludenberg is offline   Reply With Quote