AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2013-04-10, 22:46   Link #1
Assort Dis

Assort Dis's Gallery

I just wanted to see what people think about my drawing. I know they are still no good so comments and critics are most welcome
I will add some more in the future, too.

My deviantID: http://assortdis.deviantart.com/
My Pixiv profile: http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=6843179

Spoiler for Older Pics:

EDIT: Add a spoiler since I realize the pics are too big.

Last edited by Assort Dis; 2016-03-12 at 05:41.
Assort Dis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 04:11   Link #2
Assort Dis

Updating on another work ^^

Spoiler for Save space:

Last edited by Assort Dis; 2013-05-21 at 12:11.
Old 2013-04-17, 06:37   Link #3
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

My suggestion would be to take it easy with the use of soft brushes. When used too much and its not done too well, it makes the drawing look more "cloudy" and "dirty" than it should. Look at more anime pictures and try to see how shadows are drawn. Good luck!
       /
      / \|
    /
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 06:43   Link #4
Assort Dis

Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post
My suggestion would be to take it easy with the use of soft brushes. When used too much and its not done too well, it makes the drawing look more "cloudy" and "dirty" than it should. Look at more anime pictures and try to see how shadows are drawn. Good luck!
Oh I see, thanks for your advice. Coloring shadows has always been my weakness. I just can't seem to do it right
Old 2013-04-17, 07:50   Link #5
Rikimtasu

Send a message via MSN to Rikimtasu
Be honest here.Your eye position is kind of wrong.The placement of both eye are too wide,making it feel weird if you compare to others.
Old 2013-04-17, 07:57   Link #6
Assort Dis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikimtasu View Post
Be honest here.Your eye position is kind of wrong.The placement of both eye are too wide,making it feel weird if you compare to others.
I see, I completely missed that I didn't even notice it was wrong when I double check.

And I think it's great that you can be honest, that would help me improve a lot. Thanks.

Well, more practice is required.
Old 2013-04-17, 11:23   Link #7
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
It's not bad. I mean, your drawings are decently pretty, and come close to capturing that "anime look". You clearly have some talent for this, imo.

I'd suggest taking a popular female anime character, and trying to draw her as close to "on model" as possible. In doing so, you might pick up on how to do drawings that look like they came straight out of an anime.

Because honestly, I think that your artwork is good enough that this is probably a reasonable goal for you.
Old 2013-04-18, 01:26   Link #8
Assort Dis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
It's not bad. I mean, your drawings are decently pretty, and come close to capturing that "anime look". You clearly have some talent for this, imo.

I'd suggest taking a popular female anime character, and trying to draw her as close to "on model" as possible. In doing so, you might pick up on how to do drawings that look like they came straight out of an anime.

Because honestly, I think that your artwork is good enough that this is probably a reasonable goal for you.
Wow, thank you for your praises ^^

I was actually thinking I should draw some fanarts sometime. After what you said, I think I will do it now. It would definitely be great learning experience.
Old 2013-04-20, 08:42   Link #9
Assort Dis

My fanart of Kotegawa Yui from To love Ru. The way I do this piece is a bit different from the others. It's always not hurt to try, I guess
Spoiler for save space:

Last edited by Assort Dis; 2013-05-21 at 12:11.
Old 2013-04-24, 02:22   Link #10
Pessimatic
Clarity

Hope you don't mind the comment! I really enjoy looking at your artwork, and I can already see some improvement from your newest picture♥ I'm going to be bookmarking your DA and hopefully watching once I actually get around to making one qq

Pessi's Happy Corner
☆ A kiss makes the heart young again and wipes out the years.
Pessimatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 06:41   Link #11
Assort Dis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pessimatic View Post
Hope you don't mind the comment! I really enjoy looking at your artwork, and I can already see some improvement from your newest picture♥ I'm going to be bookmarking your DA and hopefully watching once I actually get around to making one qq
Thank you, I'm not even sure if I have improved or not
But if you say so then it's all thanks to the other members in this thread who gave me advices.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on my future works
Old 2013-04-24, 12:01   Link #12
Pessimatic
Clarity

Oh I'll try commenting on some future pictures since I'm surely going to be checking this thread quite often!

Pessi's Happy Corner
☆ A kiss makes the heart young again and wipes out the years.
Pessimatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-29, 05:10   Link #13
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Like T_R said a few weeks ago, you do have talent. I've seen far, far worse. I'd like to say the hands are the best part, because that isn't the easiest thing in the world and seeing how you got those down to a tee...

Though, and you might be aware of it, I'd like to comment on the face specifically. The body as a whole feels fine, but the face has some problems, most notably her eyes. They seem a bit too far apart. Perhaps her whole face is too wide/forehead is too big, but that might just be me.

Also, her left arm has some perspective problems. It can't really bend like that around its elbow, as it seems she has broken it. If you turn her hands towards the viewer it might look better.

Keep up the good work.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-30, 19:53   Link #14
Assort Dis

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernFallout View Post
Like T_R said a few weeks ago, you do have talent. I've seen far, far worse. I'd like to say the hands are the best part, because that isn't the easiest thing in the world and seeing how you got those down to a tee...

Though, and you might be aware of it, I'd like to comment on the face specifically. The body as a whole feels fine, but the face has some problems, most notably her eyes. They seem a bit too far apart. Perhaps her whole face is too wide/forehead is too big, but that might just be me.

Also, her left arm has some perspective problems. It can't really bend like that around its elbow, as it seems she has broken it. If you turn her hands towards the viewer it might look better.

Keep up the good work.
You are definitely right about the face, I seem to always only notice it at the last minute when everything is done and colored I've been working on fixing that so I hope it will look better next time.

And the arm, I honestly aren't aware of it until you point it out. Perspective is really a hard nut to crack -_-

Thank you very much for pointing those out, I appreciate it and hope to hear more from you in the future
Old 2013-04-30, 22:40   Link #15
Hakuryu
Klutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assort Dis View Post
I seem to always only notice it at the last minute when everything is done and colored
^ This! I have the exact same problem when I'm drawing!

Anyway...
It's always nice to see new artists here. Your work shows promise! I'd like to give you more feedback on your most recent drawing, but I can't think of anything that hasn't already been mentioned. You already have a decent grasp of coloring and shading, just start focusing a little more on anatomy and facial structure. ^^
Old 2013-04-30, 23:00   Link #16
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

I'm the same as well. Especially with the face and eyes, you don't realize how "off" they look until after the last glow on those pupils are filled in.
       /
      / \|
    /
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 10:38   Link #17
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

My opinion would be quite the same with others here. You already have the "form" but it needs more polishing. You can do it by practicing consistently of course, so no worries there are also a lot of drawing tutorials out there, you just need to find the one suitable for you.

A little bit of tip to check the proportions of your drawing: use the "flip" (horizontally) tool in your software. If you find your pic seems to be off from the mirrored side, then it needs to be revised until it looks alright from both sides this has helped me a lot too.

What I admire from you is your courage to do new things. Your pics here have different and dynamic poses, and complete with the backgrounds. Keep it up!
Old 2013-05-21, 12:10   Link #18
Assort Dis

I'm sorry for having been away for a few weeks. I was having assignments and final exams so had to put drawing aside -_-

Well, to celebrate the end of exam, here is my newest work
It looks worse than the earlier ones...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
My opinion would be quite the same with others here. You already have the "form" but it needs more polishing. You can do it by practicing consistently of course, so no worries there are also a lot of drawing tutorials out there, you just need to find the one suitable for you.

A little bit of tip to check the proportions of your drawing: use the "flip" (horizontally) tool in your software. If you find your pic seems to be off from the mirrored side, then it needs to be revised until it looks alright from both sides this has helped me a lot too.

What I admire from you is your courage to do new things. Your pics here have different and dynamic poses, and complete with the backgrounds. Keep it up!
Thank you for the tip, I always thought if it looks alright for one side then it must be okay for the other, too. So it was some sort of bias, after all?

And yeah, practice is definitely what I need.
Old 2013-05-21, 18:51   Link #19
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Actually, I think your newest work might be your best one. It has an impressive amount of detail to it, great shading, and it avoids the "eyes too far apart" problem some of your earlier works had. It's a very solid work that represents good technical improvement off of your earlier works, imo. Keep it up, you are getting better at this!

Your Chibi drawing is also VERY good and adorable.
Old 2013-05-21, 19:52   Link #20
Assort Dis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Actually, I think your newest work might be your best one. It has an impressive amount of detail to it, great shading, and it avoids the "eyes too far apart" problem some of your earlier works had. It's a very solid work that represents good technical improvement off of your earlier works, imo. Keep it up, you are getting better at this!

Your Chibi drawing is also VERY good and adorable.
Thanks, glad you like it. I made a lot of changes and I honestly couldn't tell if it's better or not (guess staring at monitor for a whole day ruined my eyes ).

The chibi is actually kind of an afterthought when I was trying to figure out how to draw a loli body