Mikasa Ackerman @ Attack On Titan: <<ミカサ・アッカーマン@進撃の巨人>>
Sakuya Aizawa @ Hayate The Combat Butler: <<愛沢咲夜@ハヤテのごとく! シリーズ>>

F10
Nyarlathotep @ Haiyore! Nyarlko-san: <<ニャル子@這いよれ! ニャル子さんW>>
Hanbei Takenaka @ Nobuna Oda's Ambition: <<竹中半兵衛@織田信奈の野望>>
Mairu Shirouzu @ Saki: <<白水哩@咲-Saki- 阿知賀編 episode of side-A>>
Old 2013-09-09, 08:56   Link #882
hinakatbklyn

Hmmm..... next group of matches could get very interesting..... but I'm biased in three of the four matches. While waiting for current results:

(1) All three have their own advantage: Kirino = Most recent series, Kurisu = Movie, Watashi = Most votes among the three challengers.

(2) Not alot of preliminary votes for Saki, but she does have a Ro-Kyu-Bu combo with Maho. Still going with Mikan based on prelim record and also a personal top-10 fav.

(3) First glance at the three challengers, I would say Mikoto (Railgun) vs. Nagi..... except Nagi's prelim votes are low enough, that she might not even finish second while Yui Funami is close enough to challenge and is also looking to add to the number of YuruYuri characters advancing to the second round. Going with my #2 fav Mikoto. Prediction..... may be too close to call.

(4) Second year in a row, Maho is given a tough opponent and is in danger of not advancing past the first round. Then again, Maho has a current series + her challenger has also missed the second round two consecutive eligible years in a row. (2010 and 2012). I'm showing favortism again by going with my #1 Hinagiku. Actual prediction..... also too close to call. (Bitter results no matter who is eliminated though)
Old 2013-09-09, 09:10   Link #883
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
After watching Railgun S this year, and going back and watching the original Railgun well pass the point where I had initially dropped it, I have a much deeper appreciation for Mikoto's character now. I hope she wins her match.

I've always liked Kurisu as I consider her the most well-rounded and well-written tsundere of recent years, if not of all-time. I definitely hope Kurisu wins her match, but I agree that it's probably a close, tight three-way affair.
Old 2013-09-09, 09:29   Link #884
Subayai

Spoiler for Results Group F Day 1:
Old 2013-09-09, 09:32   Link #885
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Congrats to Sawa and Mikasa! Sawa deserves to win at least a round in this just for her fabulous fashion sense alone.

Mikasa's a lovely character, and possibly my favorite in Attack on Titan.
Old 2013-09-09, 09:49   Link #886
Subayai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Congrats to Sawa and Mikasa! Sawa deserves to win at least a round in this just for her fabulous fashion sense alone.

Mikasa's a lovely character, and possibly my favorite in Attack on Titan.
Oh, well , I haven't seen Tari Tari so I don't know about Sawa but Hisa is probably my favorite Saki character so it's a bit sad to see her go. Of course, I had little expectations that she could win, since she is past her prime already.

A bigger disappointment is Yayoi. She is quite weak but so were her opponents, or so I thought.

Well, at least I find relief in seeing Mikasa getting the most votes for the day. Quite remarkable.
Old 2013-09-09, 10:40   Link #887
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

Spoiler for The Big Board:

Guesses...

Watashi, Mikan, BiriBiri, and マホ
Old 2013-09-09, 10:51   Link #888
ion475
にこにこにー

Well, back to 4-0 prediction (Total 55-9). Kurimu edged out Yayoi in that group of weaklings, Saki try to do their typical last second rush with both Buchou and Mairu but neither work. And well, Mikasa won easily as expected.

For next round...
F02: Pick/Predict: Watashi. I don't think just finishing right behind Rikka in prelim is a fluke at all, while Kirino, well, she's not well liked for good reason
F05: Pick: Mikan, Predict: Saki. It should be close between Saki and Mikan. I give an edge to Saki here just b/c of RKB faction voting with AhoMaho.
F08: Pick/Predict: Yui. YRYR is strong. Biribiri is not the most liked girl in AST...
F11: Pick/Predict: AhoMaho. Nope, this is not Hina's year...
Old 2013-09-09, 11:02   Link #889
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

59-5 for predictions, glad Sawa won mainly because I'm pissed at what Hisa did to Yayoi.

Prediction- Watashi, Mikoto, Mikan, Maho
Picks- Watashi, Nagi-ojou sama, Miyuki, Hinagiku

For how the match is going I'm surprised how close Miyuki is.

Last edited by Ichuki; 2013-09-09 at 11:28.
Old 2013-09-09, 15:50   Link #890
KanbeKotori
失礼、噛みました

Don't like the results. Hina failed to even get second.

Votes for today.

<<わたし@人類は衰退しました>>
<<永塚紗季@ロウきゅーぶ!>>
<<御坂美琴@とある科学の超電磁砲S>>
<<三沢真帆@ロウきゅーぶ!>>
Old 2013-09-09, 18:06   Link #891
Team Rocket Elite

I was wrong about Yayoi winning. Kurimu was the one who came out on top. It was a bit close, though. While some of the top Saki character don't look as bad as I started to think they would look, the middle tier Saki characters are still dropping matches. I suppose Sawa isn't really weak so it's not that bad a loss. Mikasa stomps but it's cool to see Tsukasa isn't last. I liked Sakuya as well, though. Mairu does unexpectedly well. I thought Nyaruko would have a much easier time winning than this.
Old 2013-09-09, 18:56   Link #892
timbits
Harem Lead

It's time for probably the biggest match of round 1. 2ch probably will lift Misaka up just so they can use her for tactical voting and then throw her away.

Also today is the most entertaining match of round 1. Also known as OH BOY TIME FOR HINA TO LOSE.
Old 2013-09-10, 00:32   Link #893
AP24

What is with today's matches?! In 3 of the matches each has 2 characters that are tsundere (Kurisu, Kirino, Misaka, Nagi, Vita, Hinagiku). Most of them are also voiced by well known seiyuus (Mai Nakahara, Ayana Taketatsu, Rina Satou, Rie Kugimiya, Kana Hanazawa, Youko Hikasa, Yuka Iguchi, Shizuka Itou). Each of all the matches is a tough one between at least 2 characters. There are also 2 Ro-Kyu-Bu characters that are both my picks and 2 Hayate no Gotoku characters.

F02 match is one of the toughest matches in round 1 given all the characters are strong. I am going with Kirino as my prediction and Christina as my pick.

F05 match is a tough one between Mikan and Saki. Mikan had more votes than Saki in the first preliminaries but Saki should get more votes than usual today since there is another Ro-Kyu-Bu character (Maho) in today's matches and also the series is still currently airing. I am going with Saki as my prediction and pick.

F08 match is another tough one between Misaka and Yui. Nagi will most likely lose and so this is the end for Rie Kugimiya characters since Nagi is the only one remaining. Railgun S is still currently airing so I think Misaka has a little more advantage and she's my prediction and pick.

F11 match is also a tough one between Hina and Maho. Maho and Hina are quite evenly matched so it's really difficult to tell. But I am going with Maho as my prediction and pick since since there is another Ro-Kyu-Bu character (Saki) in today's matches and the series is still currently airing.
Old 2013-09-10, 05:58   Link #894
Wanderer
Goat

[QUOTE=Wanderer;4824918]Yesterday's results:
Picks 2-2, Predictions 3-1
Bringing my running totals to:
Picks 29-25, Predictions 53-11

F02
Main Character @ Mankind Has Declined: <<わたし@人類は衰退しました>>
Kurisu Makise @ Steins;Gate: <<牧瀬紅莉栖@劇場版 STEINS;GATE 負荷領域のデジャヴ>>
Kirino Kousaka @ Ore No Imouto Ga Konna Ni Kawaii Wake Ga Nai: <<高坂桐乃@俺の妹がこんなに可愛いわけがない。>>

Quite a big match. I'm going to predict Watashi for her unique deadpan charm. The others aren't far behind her, though. And it pains me to vote against Kurisu.

F05
Miyuki Hoshizora @ Smile Pretty Cure!: <<星空みゆき(キュアハッピー)@スマイルプリキュア!>>
Mikan Yuuki @ To Love Ru: <<結城美柑@To LOVEる -とらぶる- ダークネス>>
Saki Nagatsuka @ Ro-Kyu-Bu!: <<永塚紗季@ロウきゅーぶ!>>

I'm gonna bet on the Ro-Kyu-Bu combo. No pick.

F08
Mikoto Misaka @ A Certain Magical Index: <<御坂美琴@とある科学の超電磁砲S>>
Nagi Sanzenin @ Hayate The Combat Butler: <<三千院ナギ@ハヤテのごとく! シリーズ>>
Yui Funami @ Yuru Yuri: <<船見結衣@ゆるゆり♪♪>>

Hayate is not what it once was, and Yui just doesn't make enough impact. Not hard to see Biribiri as the best horse here.

F11
Vita @ Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha: <<ヴィータ@魔法少女リリカルなのは The MOVIE 2nd A's>>
Maho Misawa @ Ro-Kyu-Bu!: <<三沢真帆@ロウきゅーぶ!>>
Hinagiku Katsura @ Hayate The Combat Butler: <<桂ヒナギク@ハヤテのごとく! シリーズ>>

Both girls comboing is interesting. I'll go with the show that has better momentum coming in.
Old 2013-09-10, 06:42   Link #895
Team Rocket Elite

Matches: F03 F06 F09 F12

Akiko probably takes the first match and Tsubasa has the second. Those two at least finished in the middle of the characters that advanced in their first preliminary groups. Yuno probably doesn't have what it takes to knock off Nodoka here. Hiro being in the match doesn't help either. Suguha has a similar situation to the first two matches. She's okay and her opponents aren't that strong.

Votes:
Ayano Keiko (Silica)
Hanekawa Tsubasa
Yuno
Shiina Mashiro

Predictions:
Himenokouji Akiko
Hanekawa Tsubasa
Haramura Nodoka
Kirigaya Suguha (Leafa)
Old 2013-09-10, 09:17   Link #896
Subayai

Spoiler for results Group F Day 2:

Expected results but the Maho vs Hinagiku match was close.

Oh yeah and Watashi gets the 2nd highest number of votes (299). Behind Ryuuka (322) but surpassing Homura (293).

Last edited by Subayai; 2013-09-10 at 09:29.
Old 2013-09-10, 09:39   Link #897
RJ TAYLER

Oh how the mighty have fallen this year. The unthinkable too as it has all but become a Kugyama free zone at this early juncture too. Better get that red marker out again Hina try again soon but it is, you guessed it, "good night from me and goodnight from him".
Old 2013-09-10, 09:39   Link #898
AP24

Didn't expect the main girl from Jinrui would win easily, and she wasn't either my pick or prediction. Mikan won probably because she's one of the most known anime characters voiced by Kana Hanazawa, and it seems Saki didn't get enough support from Ro-Kyu-Bu fans voting on the day. Misaka won exactly as I predicted. Maho also won and it was the closest match so far with only 10 votes difference, and now all the Hina (Ro-Kyu-Bu, Hayate no Gotoku, PapaKiki) in Round 1 lost.
Old 2013-09-10, 09:40   Link #899
KanbeKotori
失礼、噛みました

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subayai View Post
Spoiler for results Group F Day 2:

Expected results but the Maho vs Hinagiku match was close.

Oh yeah and Watashi gets the 2nd highest number of votes (299). Behind Ryuuka (322) but surpassing Homura (293).
No great results. Maho may have won but Nagatsuka Saki lost. Overall bad result.
Old 2013-09-10, 09:41   Link #900
hinakatbklyn

Hmmm..... not surprised anymore at Hinagiku not advancing past the first round. But now even Nagi has fallen to where she can't even get second place in a first round match. At least Maho gets to advance to the second round.

Mikoto wins with little trouble. Mikan wins her match despite a Ro-Kyu-Bu combo against her. (Mikan continues to advance to the second round for another year, at least) Both excellent results.

Not totally surprised at Watashi winning (to follow up on her 2nd place preliminary finish), But to end up with more votes than Railgun and nearly doubling her 2nd place opponent Kirino, she could end up being the front runner for Group F (or worse case scenario settle for reaching the group finals and advancing to repchange).

Last edited by hinakatbklyn; 2013-09-10 at 10:09.
Closed Thread

Tags
2013, anime saimoe tournament, saimoe, tournament