AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-02-19, 23:37   Link #921
casval cehack

Yeah, only Zeheart the Commander as of now had shown some kind of reason among the Vegans. The rest mostly treat the non-martians as subhumans that needed to be exterminated for new living spaces.
Old 2012-02-19, 23:44   Link #922
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

What I don't get is why they obscured Ezelcant's face.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 07:24   Link #923
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

If you survived diabolical Mars, you probably think you are among the fittest in humanity to enjoy paradise on Earth.
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 13:09   Link #924
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RES-01 Perses Gundam View Post
If you survived diabolical Mars, you probably think you are among the fittest in humanity to enjoy paradise on Earth.
Be careful what you wish for

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFQ2oQIv1bw

It's been centuries since they were on Earth.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 18:12   Link #925
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by xellos2099 View Post
I am being to wonder if Vegan are really the monster that Flit made them out to be. Yes, they are completely jackass for capturing Yurin and force her to pilot the mobile suit which directly led to her death. Yet in generation 2 we are shown more human face of the Vegans.
I don't think they're that innocent, but frankly after what the EF did to them I don't blame them for having the grudge and the actions they take, even if most of those civilians weren't responsible.

It probably won't help if it turns out that the colonist selection methods were non-consensual (like what happened briefly in 00), since its their sacrifice of taking the risk of going to the colony that helped the population left behind live more comfortably. The EF basically abandoned them and were responsible for turning them into vengeful monsters in the first place and while the innocent population was not responsible, they are in some sense an unfortunate negative externality that stems from the actions of the old EF.
Old 2012-02-20, 18:40   Link #926
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
No, in Generation 2 we are shown one human face of the Vagans.

Keep in mind that when they first started attacking, they were doing nothing but slaughtering innocent civilians by the thousands who had nothing to do with their suffering. For the most part, they're still pretty much monsters.
If anything I'd say the Vagans are more monsterous now then when it started since in the begining there was the possibilty they aliens and not even organic.

Last edited by GundamFan; 2012-02-21 at 09:35.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 18:49   Link #927
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan View Post
If anything I'd say the Vagans are more monsterous now then when it started since in the being there was the possibilty they aliens and not even organic.
Huh?
Old 2012-02-20, 18:52   Link #928
monster

Strangely enough, my main problem with the Vagans' attitude is when those people didn't do anything when Flit and Vargas cornered Yark Dole. I don't know if they were androids or what, but they just seemed apathetic to the situation.

I don't know what to make of people who complained that they were abandoned but then they seemingly are also willing to abandon their comrades, possibly because of some tasks that are higher in their priority.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 19:22   Link #929
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Strangely enough, my main problem with the Vagans' attitude is when those people didn't do anything when Flit and Vargas cornered Yark Dole. I don't know if they were androids or what, but they just seemed apathetic to the situation.

I don't know what to make of people who complained that they were abandoned but then they seemingly are also willing to abandon their comrades, possibly because of some tasks that are higher in their priority.
It could be part of their culture, in the sense that everyone is willing to die so the higher purpose can be achieved (by resources not being diverted elsewhere for your rescue for example), or if technology needed to be preserved, etc. I think they'll rescue each other within reasonable reason.

I find the ones on the Ambat station command center to be very peculiar, they seem more like drones than anything. Even the other ones in the station seem different from them, and we know some soldiers like the one on Zehart's taskgroup have emotions/reactions and all like regular people.
Old 2012-02-20, 19:35   Link #930
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
It could be part of their culture, in the sense that everyone is willing to die so the higher purpose can be achieved (by resources not being diverted elsewhere for your rescue for example), or if technology needed to be preserved, etc. I think they'll rescue each other within reasonable reason.
It's one thing to die for the mission, it's another to let the enemy basically walk all over your base. I think that's a situation that would hinder the mission/purpose.
Quote:
I find the ones on the Ambat station command center to be very peculiar, they seem more like drones than anything. Even the other ones in the station seem different from them, and we know some soldiers like the one on Zehart's taskgroup have emotions/reactions and all like regular people.
Indeed, that's why I'm not sure what to think of it. It just bothers me that they don't even bother to look.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 20:37   Link #931
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Be careful what you wish for

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFQ2oQIv1bw

It's been centuries since they were on Earth.
They'll still invade anyway. Too bad the commander chosen for the operation has a growing alternate view about these humans.
Old 2012-02-20, 21:19   Link #932
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

I can see now, Age-3 will be designed and built by Dique's daughter...
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 21:28   Link #933
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
It's one thing to die for the mission, it's another to let the enemy basically walk all over your base. I think that's a situation that would hinder the mission/purpose. Indeed, that's why I'm not sure what to think of it. It just bothers me that they don't even bother to look.
I'm willing to bet at this point that they're some artificial human drones given simple administrative pre-programmed tasked at the moment (like the ones Ghost in The Shell maybe?). I'm kinda hoping we see more of them over time and have them explained, cos that would be kinda cool.
Old 2012-02-21, 09:42   Link #934
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
Huh?
Sorry about that I misspelled "begining" and my spell check turned into being.

You know after seeing Arisa that thinks Dique must have grossly exaggerated his part in there victory over Veigan.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-22, 03:16   Link #935
PzIVf3

PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-22, 05:55   Link #936
casval cehack

Any translations for the Big Ring stuff?
Old 2012-02-22, 08:28   Link #937
Realist_Classic
Casual prosumer of anime

Looks like Big Ring (as the episode title denotes as 'The Last Line of Defense') comes under attack by a special Veigan squad of X-Rounders. Decil and Zeheart both sortie. Flit's participation is mentioned, but not sure what role he's going to play.
Realist_Classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-22, 08:51   Link #938
casval cehack

That means Flit will get a chance to finally finish the job he failed to do the last time Decil was around. Although if he sorties with Age-1, he'll probably face Decil's brand new Khronos. I wonder if the Diva by episode 22 is still in space or already in Olivernotes, incase they attempt to reinforce the Big Ring.
Old 2012-02-22, 09:00   Link #939
Realist_Classic
Casual prosumer of anime

It seems like Flit will engage the Veigan at Big Ring without Diva, as the Federation forces are in pursuit.

That would be totally bad-ass if Flit manages to take down Decil and hold the fort. The crack Veigan X-Rounder squad sounds menacing.
Realist_Classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-22, 09:15   Link #940
casval cehack

It could also result with Flit biting space dust, thus ending some hopes on a father and son (or even grandson) end chapter boss battles. Attacking the presumably well defended EFF headquarters with just a squad...even more Galettes or a new Vegan assault suit?