AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-01-13, 20:03   Link #821
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Quote:
What's wrong with Shannon's maid skirt?! I mean, a split skirt is one thing, but this one is missing a giant strip! Could Kinzo be a pedo?!
Well you know. she started working with 6.... how can Kinzo possibly not a pedo. J/K It's just fanservice you know.
Old 2010-01-13, 21:43   Link #822
Thunder Book
Endless Member

This is about the novel, but if I wanted to find a completed save file for Episode 4, where would I go?
Old 2010-01-13, 22:29   Link #823
maximilianjenus
[E]

game translation topic.
Old 2010-01-13, 23:02   Link #824
iheartcurry

Here's a question. I've been taking Japanese for a bit now (I'm currently taking JPN 5), do you think I would be able to understand some of the Umineko novel (reading it raw?)

I realize that there are ALOT of Kanji that I wouldn't know, but is it possible? What level of Japanese would you recommend I be in in order to understand (most) of what is happening?

Near fluency? I know it's a novel, but still..... need my fix sooo badly.
Old 2010-01-13, 23:15   Link #825
bereal31

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartcurry View Post
Here's a question. I've been taking Japanese for a bit now (I'm currently taking JPN 5), do you think I would be able to understand some of the Umineko novel (reading it raw?)

I realize that there are ALOT of Kanji that I wouldn't know, but is it possible? What level of Japanese would you recommend I be in in order to understand (most) of what is happening?

Near fluency? I know it's a novel, but still..... need my fix sooo badly.
First all, there is witchhunt, which translates the novel. so you can play/read in english. look in game translation thread.

Second, I don't recommend japanese learners to read anything until they have finished Kino's Journey. Kino is simpler grammer and sentence structure. if Kino is too hard for you, then you need to work hard till you can. Make it your goal.

You can also try reading manga to improve your literacy. I recommend gintama manga as it has furigana and...it's funny...and u can kinda already figure out the meaning of a word from picture, which helps to improve your vocab.

Go ahead and try reading uminkeo if you want, what's the worst that can happen?
Old 2010-01-17, 21:12   Link #826
Thunder Book
Endless Member

Is there any kind of red text that says the chains on doors can't be set outside of rooms?
Old 2010-01-17, 23:46   Link #827
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

No there isn't. But you need to question Battler's POW to use such a trick.

Old 2010-01-18, 01:32   Link #828
LyricalAura
Dea ex Kakera

You'd also need to question the competence of the lock manufacturer, since the entire point of a chain lock is that it can't be manipulated from the outside.

Spoiler for Episode 6:

Last edited by LyricalAura; 2010-01-18 at 01:46.
Old 2010-01-18, 10:53   Link #829
Solachinx
is a myth

OK, I just finished watching episode 26 and I keep hearing that a bunch of vital red text was not included in the anime (I thought that there was too much blue...). What is this information that wasn't put in?
Old 2010-01-18, 11:36   Link #830
Raneh
Storyteller

Basically, this is the list of all red used in the teaparty/???? meaning Battler and Beatrice's fight. I didn't root out the meaningless reds but I tried to group them.
Spoiler for Ep4 end, game reds:
Old 2010-01-18, 11:48   Link #831
Solachinx
is a myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raneh View Post
Basically, this is the list of all red used in the teaparty/???? meaning Battler and Beatrice's fight. I didn't root out the meaningless reds but I tried to group them.
Spoiler for Ep4 end, game reds:
Ah, thanks and, one last thing, do the killers change each game, or are they the same person through out all of it?
Old 2010-01-18, 13:56   Link #832
maximilianjenus
[E]

there is no definite answer to that, it is likely that there won't be, if ryukishi "solves" the game as it was implied.
Old 2010-01-18, 14:23   Link #833
Solachinx
is a myth

Que? Elaborate; if Ryukishi *solves*? Is he making this up as he goes along?
Old 2010-01-18, 14:55   Link #834
Tjfarmer
I'm almost there!

Send a message via AIM to Tjfarmer
He is, but he isn't.

He does know the answer... but he writes at the pace of the readers. Since quite a lot of people thought Kinzo was already dead, he confirmed it in Ep4, even though he originally meant it for Ep5+. Probably the same with Kumasawa being Beatrice/a Beatrice (was a theory since Ep1), which he pretty much confirmed with Virgillia in Ep3.

If nobody is getting along with the answer, the next arc will most likely contain a huge hint for the reader. If a lot of people are getting it right, he'll confirm.
Old 2010-01-18, 17:03   Link #835
Solachinx
is a myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjfarmer View Post
He is, but he isn't.

He does know the answer... but he writes at the pace of the readers. Since quite a lot of people thought Kinzo was already dead, he confirmed it in Ep4, even though he originally meant it for Ep5+. Probably the same with Kumasawa being Beatrice/a Beatrice (was a theory since Ep1), which he pretty much confirmed with Virgillia in Ep3.

If nobody is getting along with the answer, the next arc will most likely contain a huge hint for the reader. If a lot of people are getting it right, he'll confirm.
Ah, well it's nice to know he listens ^^.
Old 2010-01-18, 17:29   Link #836
Arbane the Terrible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solachinx View Post
Ah, thanks and, one last thing, do the killers change each game, or are they the same person through out all of it?
Nobody knows. Given that it's different people turning up dead in the first twilight each time, I personally suspect there's at LEAST two people or groups of people planning mayhem. (I'm assuming that peoples' motivations and circumstances BEFORE each "game" are constant.)
Old 2010-01-18, 18:12   Link #837
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
It seems like twilight victims are always "active" people. For example, people who are sleeping at the first twilight aren't selected. In Episode 2, Rosa, Battler, and Maria aren't attacked while napping in the parlor. (In the anime, she doesn't even close the curtains; somebody standing outside with one of the rifles could have shot them all.) The drunken Battler isn't attacked. Eva spends a good deal of Episode 3 feverish and alone, but she is not attacked. Blinded Jessica is not attacked either.
Old 2010-01-18, 22:06   Link #838
maximilianjenus
[E]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solachinx View Post
Que? Elaborate; if Ryukishi *solves*? Is he making this up as he goes along?
oh, what I meant is that he said that he is not going to give a straight away answer, but instead give a lot of clues so if you have the correct theory you will know you are right.
Old 2010-01-21, 01:06   Link #839
bereal31

where is the one winged eagle on shannon's cloth?
Old 2010-01-21, 01:40   Link #840
Beatoriche
Golden Dreamer~

Send a message via Yahoo to Beatoriche
Quote:
Originally Posted by bereal31 View Post
where is the one winged eagle on shannon's cloth?
It's tattooed on her right leg.

Tags
q&a