AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2007-10-21, 12:31   Link #41
Sun-Ku

Well, in the end, we all know that Turn A is the best gundam
Old 2007-10-21, 12:36   Link #42
Sasuke_Bateman
No

Because Heero Yuy is the mother fucking man! The best, coolest most awesomest Gundam pilot of them all!
Sasuke_Bateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 13:01   Link #43
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasuke_Bateman View Post
Because Heero Yuy is the mother fucking man! The best, coolest most awesomest Gundam pilot of them all!
I thought that was Merquise...

- Tak
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 13:13   Link #44
Macnown

Yeah it was my first gundam too.
I think i like it because there were cool characters like
Zechs Merquise, Heero, Duo and Trowa.

Also the music of Two-Mix was always stuck in my head, especially of the ending
Macnown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 14:16   Link #45
shaolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun-Ku View Post
Ahh sorry, I properly slept through that series.
shaolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 14:55   Link #46
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post

- Tak
Zechs indeed. All he needed was a 6 foot long katana and he'd be sephiroth.
Old 2007-10-21, 16:42   Link #47
fuzzles
anal retentive

Send a message via AIM to fuzzles
wing had the best looking gundams in my opinion and the mass killing in it was just awesome to me, and the soundtrack to wing was amazing i've got rhythm emotion on my ipod and do homework to it(lol), and you can't deny how awesome some of the characters were after i've rewatched it though i still think it's action is amazing. but some of the story with that relena girl really made me wanna punch her and the outfits they wear also drive me nuts(what's with all the old european clothing on the GIRls too!) . but overall i'd still rewatch the series again cause i loved it's action so much

Last edited by fuzzles; 2007-10-21 at 16:56.
fuzzles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 16:48   Link #48
fuzzles
anal retentive

Send a message via AIM to fuzzles
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Gundam X wasn't released in the west at all. There were actually quite a few Gundam shows shown on Cartoon Network (not sure about Canada) after Wing started the craze, including the original MSG, the OVAs (0080, 0083, 08th MS Team) & Char's Counterattack. G was shown and as was the first half of SD Gundam Force.

Other than that only Seed was shown, and was so unpopular with American CN audiences that it was moved to a midnight slot... Seed Destiny wasn't even shown (it was shown in Canada though)

So there's your evidence Tak... Wing, when it was aired, was so popular that it brought Gundam to prominence in the West. On the other hand, Seed faded into obscurity. People who don't download fansubs and don't import and aren't hardcore fans generally don't know anything about Seed, while they would know Wing if they were part of the Gundam craze back in the late 90's.
exactly i was one of those kids who would come home earliar and watch adult swim just to watch gundam wing although i stopped watching after gundam wing ended cause i was a stubborn kid and decided i wouldn't like anything but wing so i never gave anything else a chance until recently. I've recently watched seed and i'll be honest i did enjoy it but many parts of it like the limited power drove me nuts and the fact that i could easily predict everything that was going to happen(come on it was so obvious those two were going to be the first to die)

if i had to pick between seed or wing though i'd definately pick wing
fuzzles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 16:49   Link #49
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun-Ku View Post
you kidding? we all the best gundam series of all time is.... SD gundam force!!!!!!

*dies of sarcasm*
SeedFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 18:38   Link #50
Sasuke_Bateman
No

Quote:

- Tak
You obviously thought wrong. It was Heero Yuy...
Old 2007-10-21, 19:21   Link #51
Tak

Quote:
You obviously thought wrong. It was Heero Yuy...
Well, I won't interfere with your right to be mistaken. Nonetheless, you do realize there is about a million arguments against your claim of Heero being the:

Quote:
coolest most awesomest Gundam pilot of them all!

- Tak
Old 2007-10-21, 19:38   Link #52
Virtue
Banned

But Heero beat Milliardo.
Virtue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 19:42   Link #53
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtue View Post
True, but thats Wing. You see, at this point, I think Sasuke_Bateman is claiming that Heero is the best pilot out of all Gundam universes.

Oh, and Sasuke_Bateman, awesomest is not a word. You should have just stick with most awesome...

- Tak
Old 2007-10-21, 19:53   Link #54
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
True, but thats Wing. You see, at this point, I think Sasuke_Bateman is claiming that Heero is the best pilot out of all Gundam universes.

Oh, and Sasuke_Bateman, awesomest is not a word. You should have just stick with most awesome...

- Tak
Leave the guy alone it's just opinion and nothing more, and this is the internet where people could use whatever word they like whether it's wrong or not.
Old 2007-10-21, 20:40   Link #55
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
I hate Heero if only because he's the epitome of boring character design. I don't think I could ever look at green tank tops the same.
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 21:45   Link #56
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtue View Post
Zechs was having a bad day. On a good day, Zechs wipes the floor with Heero.
Old 2007-10-22, 00:59   Link #57
hobbes_fan
You could say.....

I used to like Wing, but as I got older it got exposed to me as poorly written and too reliant on certain plot devices especially in comparison to some of the better stories like War in the Pocket and Turn A
Spoiler for wing:
There's some nice mech designs but some pretty crappy ones as well. I do give them credit though, for there wasn't an overdose of reused scenes. They were there but they were done rather cleverly and I don't recall seeing the same battle sequence in consecutive episodes. It'd show up again maybe 10 episodes later. It was kept to a minimum
hobbes_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-22, 01:18   Link #58
Tak

I give WING credit for coming up with good grunt designs though. I loved the Serpent. WING grunts made good distinction between 'Gundams' and your 'common soldier'.

However, as hobbes_fan stated, many things became highly repetitive.

Really, how many times, repetitively, did they wipe out entire population centers deliberately? Gundam Wing has possibly the highest civilian deaths out of the entire Gundam franchise, sometimes entirely pointless.

As for Heero? Get a new wardrobe, man.

- Tak (That green top is possibly the worst choice of outfit ever bestowed on a Gundam Protagonist)
Old 2007-10-22, 07:46   Link #59
Sasuke_Bateman
No

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperlion View Post
Leave the guy alone it's just opinion and nothing more, and this is the internet where people could use whatever word they like whether it's wrong or not.
Lol it's seems to be a crime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Zechs was having a bad day. On a good day, Zechs wipes the floor with Heero.
Too bad, good excuse though. In the first battle Heero almost killed himself because he was given an order, was he having a bad day? 2nd fight Heero injuried his arm,was he having a bad day? Wing Zero vs Epyon during the fight for the Sanc Kingdom both were fairly even and the last encounter Heero poved himself by defeating Zechs and also destroy the air ship. Not bad huh.

Quote:

- Tak
Pwn is also not a word but people use it anyways, i shall use it in a sentence watch this. Heero pwn Zechs proving he is the awesomest and bestest pilot of a Gundam everrrrrrrr.
Old 2007-10-22, 09:05   Link #60
beamknight87
Gold Saint

... Because Wing Zero was THE Gundam!!! Remember when Quatre goes into emo mode and blows some colonies in one shot with that bigass Twin Buster Rifle. Heero did the same with the Libra and gazillions of grunts. And then Endless Waltz presented the redesign of the Gundams, being the Wing Zero Custom one of the most memorable Gundams ever.
beamknight87 is offline   Reply With Quote