AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-10-23, 23:16   Link #8921
Ricky Controversy
Frandle & Nightbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I am saying that Asuka, however good of a person she is, is not qualified Haruto's girlfriend at all because it will take someone who will try to have enough of a relationship for two people. She would be the better girlfriend in the case of a normal guy, but she is definitely not the better girlfriend in this series.
You're operating under the assumption that matching up with someone's status quo is what makes them a good partner for someone. Some similarities of lifestyle do make things easier, but 'easier' isn't exactly the metric for 'better' either.

A good relationship should help you in finding happiness not just with your partner, but individually, which means spurring you to improve yourself. Asuka was dating well beneath her class when she was with Haruto, certainly, but by being who she is, she challenged him, and motivated him to give some form and substance to his life, which was previously just a bunch of melodramatic tomfoolery in pursuit of Eba.

Eba, on the other hand, has only ever given him cause for the aforementioned melodramatic tomfoolery. He completely neglects the pursuit of a life of his own because being with her, he knows he'd never need to do so. Eba is his dream girl in that she allows him to remain complacent and aimless, and not really requiring a lot of effort from him. But will he grow as a person? No.

If you think of the relationship existing in a vacuum...well, perhaps that doesn't matter, but the simple fact is that life is a tangled mess of every little thing interacting at once, and when something comes up that Eba being a little whimsical can't fix, they're going to fold, because Haruto is a weak man. He showed more independence in his initial relationship with Asuka than he ever did in any situation involving Eba.
Old 2011-10-23, 23:35   Link #8922
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Controversy View Post
You're operating under the assumption that matching up with someone's status quo is what makes them a good partner for someone. Some similarities of lifestyle do make things easier, but 'easier' isn't exactly the metric for 'better' either.

A good relationship should help you in finding happiness not just with your partner, but individually, which means spurring you to improve yourself. Asuka was dating well beneath her class when she was with Haruto, certainly, but by being who she is, she challenged him, and motivated him to give some form and substance to his life, which was previously just a bunch of melodramatic tomfoolery in pursuit of Eba.

Eba, on the other hand, has only ever given him cause for the aforementioned melodramatic tomfoolery. He completely neglects the pursuit of a life of his own because being with her, he knows he'd never need to do so. Eba is his dream girl in that she allows him to remain complacent and aimless, and not really requiring a lot of effort from him. But will he grow as a person? No.

If you think of the relationship existing in a vacuum...well, perhaps that doesn't matter, but the simple fact is that life is a tangled mess of every little thing interacting at once, and when something comes up that Eba being a little whimsical can't fix, they're going to fold, because Haruto is a weak man. He showed more independence in his initial relationship with Asuka than he ever did in any situation involving Eba.
Hardly. The only independence Haruto showed when he was with Asuka was working at a part-time job that was nothing more than just a minimum wage job anyway.

If you really want to bring up the prospect of Haruto growing a brain pursuing a professional career in culinary arts, Asuka did not give him any inspiration for that. It was his experiences back at Hiroshima that influenced his cooking.
Then there was the cooking job he took to pay for his trip to Tokyo.

Haruto learned nothing from Asuka.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 01:07   Link #8923
Nemuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Controversy View Post

But Asuka was and is, still the better person and the better girlfriend.
lol, which is irrelevant if Haruto does not love her or couldn't simply followed that path (to choose Asuka)... Being a better or good person can easily be the same as a friend who is flawed in every way if there is no love. Yes, haruto can grow to love but it is irrelevant what kind of person asuka is.... since having a friend status the person can be an image of perfection or a flawed being who is dependent on others. Asuka only flaw is Seo being the writer who didn’t cared about what happen to Asuka which you can also blame on fate.

I wonder if I can make a generalization that the occurs of divorces are common due to people using a checklist in a relationship rather going through the hardship and understanding one another. If asuka took time to understood Haruto even question his behaviour more it might had went different. The problem will always be that asuka is too passive when something is wrong you ask the reason and resolve the issue. If I remember correctly Asuka just swept most of the conflicts that influences their relationship under a rug as such e.g. shion and Haruto going to a hotel ^^,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I am saying that Asuka, however good of a person she is, is not qualified Haruto's girlfriend at all because it will take someone who will try to have enough of a relationship for two people. She would be the better girlfriend in the case of a normal guy, but she is definitely not the better girlfriend in this series.
Well this just shows how Seo writing has degraded as the series progress longer with Haruto devolving more evident.. ^^, refer back to the post above Haruto did seek a more professional goal at least within the field of cooking as a part time assistant chef compare to be a normal store clerk when he was with Yuzuki. You can blame the writer for being inconsistent, but at the time it was mention that Tokyo was more stricted with license and creditation, so to be fair I wouldn't hold it against him.
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 21:26   Link #8924
Zetsubo
著述遮断

seriously what has haruto ever done for himself as a man ?
Zetsubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-29, 23:11   Link #8925
wigglypuff
Banned

^comment win...
wigglypuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-29, 23:40   Link #8926
Key Board
Carbon

read chapter 157 spoilers

first reaction: this awfully reminds me of Suzuka. (no, not THAT plot twist. It's something else)

2nd reaction: what the fuck, Seo. Did you forget yet again that these people are not in highschool anymore? Maybe it's just alien to me, but I don't see this happening in a developed country.

I must say, the author is really good at making people feel uncomfortable.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-29, 23:50   Link #8927
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Wow, we've just entered a time warp and we're heading back to the start of the Tokyo arc. Fascinating...NOT! JUST KNOCK HER UP ALREADY AND END THIS!
MAX_COLA_POWER! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 02:35   Link #8928
Freeter
beyond

Maybe he'll get drunk and knock up Hoshina instead
Old 2011-10-30, 05:27   Link #8929
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
read chapter 157 spoilers

first reaction: this awfully reminds me of Suzuka. (no, not THAT plot twist. It's something else)

2nd reaction: what the fuck, Seo. Did you forget yet again that these people are not in highschool anymore? Maybe it's just alien to me, but I don't see this happening in a developed country.

I must say, the author is really good at making people feel uncomfortable.
I agree...this is a stupid chapter...really....Seo does all for not make kiss Haruto and Eba....but he is good at creating unlikely situations...The father is crazy... bha!
Merilyn Mensola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-31, 09:08   Link #8930
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
So Papa Eba is about give his approval of this little boy (Cause hes not a man) If i were Yuzuki's dad i would fucking make Haruto do 13 labors of my choice to prove hes a man. If he survives all 13 labors then he has to fight me in hand to hand combat and if he lives then i will give my approval if he dies well there are 3.5 billion other men on this planet who actually have a spine and ballz.
Old 2011-10-31, 09:10   Link #8931
justavisitor

Obviously eba's dad somehow knows Suzuka's dad and he is discovering some horrific similarity between Yamato and Haruto XD

Suzuka's dad: Don't trust that kid, he will say all the nice thing to keep you off guard, then he will make your daughter pregnant....
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-31, 11:07   Link #8932
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
So Papa Eba is about give his approval of this little boy (Cause hes not a man) If i were Yuzuki's dad i would fucking make Haruto do 13 labors of my choice to prove hes a man. If he survives all 13 labors then he has to fight me in hand to hand combat and if he lives then i will give my approval if he dies well there are 3.5 billion other men on this planet who actually have a spine and ballz.
according to the new spoiler

Spoiler for 157 spoiler:

Last edited by cyberdemon; 2011-10-31 at 13:22.
cyberdemon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-31, 12:23   Link #8933
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
according to the new spoiler

Spoiler for 157 spoiler:
Considering Haruto, that's not really overreacting
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-02, 14:19   Link #8934
Kikuchi

Oh come on, of course it is.
Spoiler for Just read 157:
Kikuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-02, 16:16   Link #8935
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikuchi View Post
Spoiler for 157:
cyberdemon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-02, 16:33   Link #8936
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikuchi View Post
Haruto couldn't punch his way out of a paper sack. just sayin
Old 2011-11-02, 21:41   Link #8937
justavisitor

just read the chapter...pretty sure later on that night, Eba's dad called Suzuka's dad...XD

Suzuka's dad: hmm...this seems familiar...is that guy not handsome at all but somehow he attracts every girl around him?
Eba's dad:......
Suzuka's dad: Do that guy and your daughter have an on and off relationship for more than a year?
Eba's dad:....
Suzuka's dad: Does he show a sign of stubbornness, even a bit over-obsessive at times, of becoming your daughter's bf?
Eba's dad: (sweating)
Suzuaka's dad: Last question and this is an important one....is he good at ONE thing only? (i.e running)
Eba's dad: (heavily sweating)....he is good at cooking
Suzuka's dad: Prepare your new life of becoming a grandpa
Eba's dad:....Eba, we are moving tmr!!!

and the last panel looks like Eba's dad wants her daughter really badly....(a bit of ntr feelings there)XD
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-03, 03:17   Link #8938
mangaf_cksdotcom

Eba's dad is a bit overprotective now, unlike how he threw away Eba to Hiroshima. Whether it's his or Eba's decision, still he let her live faraway to avoid conflict with his new wife's daughter...

I understand that the act of hiding a guy in your apartment will make a father rage (stupid move by Eba, makes them more guilty), but, he knows Haruto, not totally but he is the guy who's always there to help his daughter. He could be more considerate and talk things out. How ungrateful old man he is. He's worried that Haruto is boning his daughter in secret but never thought that Eba was more defenseless in Hiroshima living in the same house of this same guy, there's no curfew and their only walls apart, and they are both young. If I'm the father, it would be better for my daughter to have sex in college than she's still in high school, it will happen anyway.
Old 2011-11-04, 12:18   Link #8939
Key Board
Carbon

which is why it's awkward seeing all these high school drama when they're already in college

other than that, Hoshina is entertainingly crazy
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-04, 12:22   Link #8940
Mentar
Banned

Nobody get in Haruto's way when it's about ensuring access to Yuzuki ^_^

Btw Key Board: You don't receive messages...
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a town where you rage, adult romance, drama, ecchi, logic doesn't apply, manga, nice christmas gift seo, power ups, romance, seo kouji, shounen, slice of life