AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

View Poll Results: Darker Than Black - Episode 03 Rating
Perfect 10 35 27.34%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 49 38.28%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 32 25.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 3.91%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.34%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.56%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.78%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.78%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-28, 15:52   Link #281
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
I don't think Suou's remuneration is origami. It take her too long to start carrying out that remuneration
i think your forgot about the contractor jean from season 1 episode 1 and 2 he had to line stuff up like a checkerboard or somethingand the russian guy who took the spectres he had to write poems so i dont think theres a limit on how long your renumeration takes
Old 2009-10-28, 16:08   Link #282
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EadTaes View Post
I'll throw my few cents in too.

Suou power of being a contractor is not that of Hei's, if ti was indeed a power tranfer BK201 would (by all logic knowed yet about the series) Still be shining bright in the sky. As for he remunation I would belive it is folding origami. However that is not teh first thing that occured after using he power. The firts thing that happen is that she fell asleep. The monologue point to origami as the remunation, the episode points to sleeping as that si was occured immidiately after. Plus the origami coudl have and otehr significanse as mentioned by others. But the sleeping coudl also be caused by over exertion on her part. We were just not given the needed information to call it for 100% sure.
We don't know what happened to Hei's powers yet but it's certain it has something to do with Suou's pendant. It's also a fact that it triggered the awakening of Suou as a contractor someway or another. I'm also assuming that Suou's remuneration has something to do with the origami, it's the only logical explanation right now unless she's like Hei without paying any remuneration. The "fell asleep" part is probably because she overused her powers and she ended up fainting, a pretty cliched situation in any other show.

Quote:
I do belive however that Suou's contractor power is not natural, in teh sense that she did not becoem a contractor under the normal circumstances. She grained he power from the result of that weird enegy feild her and Hei were traped inside of. That feild seems to have taken power away from Hei ad given Suou her own power.
I also think she's not like any other contractor, she's a main character so it was bound to happen.

Quote:
As for Hei's power I think it's lock away in the pendant around Suou's neck. That pendant migth very well be the metor pragment or a part of it. That is why that weird machine did not work according to plan witch I think was to destroy Hei (and all contractor stuck in them) by turnign their own power againts them. The pendant had the effect of taking the power away somehow. Hei will also probably regain his powers from that said pendant by touchign it and revercing what happen somehow. I wonder how long it will take for use to see him get his powers back. But I also worry about Hei not living very long as for the OP seems to show Suou more then Hei and it shows her traveling alone as well.
I'm thinking somehow this will serve as a plotdevice later on in the series, hoping it can turn contractors into normal people by having their powers inaccessible or completely abstracted. It's certainly troublesome for Hei right now as seen in this episode, he's used to killing with his powers but he will probably get used to it soon, he's past experience will help and he's definitely intellectual enough.
Old 2009-10-28, 17:02   Link #283
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endrance View Post
i think your forgot about the contractor jean from season 1 episode 1 and 2 he had to line stuff up like a checkerboard or somethingand the russian guy who took the spectres he had to write poems so i dont think theres a limit on how long your renumeration takes
Isn't also dependent upon how much of the power you use? Like if Tanya only used it a little, she'd only have to pull out a little hair, but if its a lot.. she'd have to pull out many more hairs.
Old 2009-10-28, 17:29   Link #284
Sakabatou77

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Isn't also dependent upon how much of the power you use? Like if Tanya only used it a little, she'd only have to pull out a little hair, but if its a lot.. she'd have to pull out many more hairs.
Not really. Remember the opera signer used her power slightly, but she had to eat and throw up the same amount.
Old 2009-10-28, 18:21   Link #285
cjl

2 points. IIRC, when a contractor's power is transferred between bodies, they lose their remuneration. Such as the example of Mao and the other body possessing contractor from S1. Similarly, the transfer of power from Bai to Hei, caused Hei to become a contractor without a remuneration. Therefore, if Suou is a contractor, who received power from Hei, she wouldn't need to pay a remuneration. At the end of episode 3, it seems clear that Suou does have to pay a remuneration, so she is a normal contractor not a person who had powers transferred into her.

Secondly, do we know for certain that Suou's power is teleporting/summoning the anti-tank rifle? Couldn't it be Sion's power? We know from Season 1 that contractors can store power into objects, such as when Amber stored her time travel in Amagiri's egg, couldn't Sion have the power of teleporting objects and stored it into the pendant?
After all, a teleportation power would match the remuneration of losing the ability to move for a while.
Old 2009-10-28, 19:57   Link #286
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Creepy blond twin girls speaking ominously? I hate them already.

First thought when the pendant shone pink in the earlier scene: Nanoha. First thought here: Mai-HiME.

In Soviet Russia, magical girls wield antitank rifles. Don't get between Suou and her coffee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjl View Post
We know from Season 1 that contractors can store power into objects
Um, no we don't. Anything goes when it comes to objects from the gates, but Amber didn't store her power in anything.
Old 2009-10-28, 20:24   Link #287
Sakabatou77

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post

Um, no we don't. Anything goes when it comes to objects from the gates, but Amber didn't store her power in anything.

Um, I remember she did do that to the egg to where she reversed time for Amagiri and Brita. How else did he know to shoot Mai on the catwalk. However, the only plus that came out it all was Brita surviving and Amagiri getting toasted.
Old 2009-10-28, 20:43   Link #288
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I thought she came and save Amagiri herself, the egg was just like a reminding that: "it was Amber's!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post

Creepy blond twin girls speaking ominously? I hate them already.

First thought when the pendant shone pink in the earlier scene: Nanoha. First thought here: Mai-HiME.

In Soviet Russia, magical girls wield antitank rifles. Don't get between Suou and her coffee.
Haha, love your comments
Don't understand the Mai-Hime one through....
Old 2009-10-28, 20:51   Link #289
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

Yeh the egg was i guess to pay his renumeration after she reset time
Old 2009-10-28, 21:30   Link #290
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17th_warrior View Post
Hei should have gotten prostatitis if he sleeped in cold wet trousers.
Now it would have really looked bad with a naked Hei restraining a naked Suou.
Old 2009-10-28, 21:47   Link #291
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

random thoughts

the way suou summons her gun reminds me of jigoku shoujo mitsuganene of how Ai is summoned from someone else body
Old 2009-10-28, 21:53   Link #292
xKeen

Tanya pays her remuneration before she uses her powers...
Old 2009-10-29, 01:31   Link #293
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Now it would have really looked bad with a naked Hei restraining a naked Suou.
More like Suou's not bold enough to strip out his trouser...

Suou have her pantsu on through. Right? Right?
Old 2009-10-29, 03:09   Link #294
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I just rewatched in preparation for ep4.

1. Completely changed my mind about Hei's quote regarding Yin. Didn't previously note Mao/Petya saying he and Hei were working for "ano onna" ("that woman"). And then in the epilog, I now hear Hei saying: "Ore wa...Yin no mono...ano onna wo korosu." "I...(because of) the thing with Yin...am going to kill that woman." My Japanese isn't good enough to be sure, but that's what I hear. Petya's surprise is over killing their boss.

2. Maybe Tanya didn't know of Shion because they kept him hidden. He exists, and Suou and Shion are "Izanami and Izanagi," the sibling god couple who created Japan by stirring the ocean with a long spear decorated with gems (reminds me of Suou's gun), and gave birth to many gods.

3. In the early scene when their clothes were drying, Suou was definitely completely naked. They prudently showed no details in that area, but it was all skin.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2009-10-29, 03:46   Link #295
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I just rewatched in preparation for ep4.

1. Completely changed my mind about Hei's quote regarding Yin. Didn't previously note Mao/Petya saying he and Hei were working for "ano onna" ("that woman"). And then in the epilog, I now hear Hei saying: "Ore wa...Yin no mono...ano onna wo korosu." "I...(because of) the thing with Yin...am going to kill that woman." My Japanese isn't good enough to be sure, but that's what I hear. Petya's surprise is over killing their boss.
Two things wrong there.

First, I watched the episode again myself (for the 6th time; I've watched that scene repeatedly to be sure of it since this disagreement thing started last week), and no that's not what Hei said. It's still "Ore wa Yin wo...ano onna wo korosu."

Second, even if Hei had said the line you stated, your translation of the line is wrong.

If Hei had said that line "Ore wa......Yin no mono....ano onna wo korosu", then it would tyranslate to "I....belong to Yin....I'll kill that woman." It doesn't quite make sense, especially given the context of the conversation.

I still stick with my view on the line, but like I said, I'm used to being embarrased by the whims of directors and staffs.
Old 2009-10-29, 04:14   Link #296
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

It's more dramatic (and fit) if Hei really have to kill Yin, so i also believe Shinji103 is right in this case.

On another note, I don't think Suou was completely naked in that scene. Suou will cover herself much better if she really don't wear anything down there and stay away from Hei so he won't see things when he look up (Half-Russian girl is bold but not that bold ^^). I also rewatched and in all of the case our view was blocked so i can't be wrong =D
Old 2009-10-29, 05:15   Link #297
Sakabatou77

Exclamation

Quote:
It's more dramatic (and fit) if Hei really have to kill Yin, so i also believe Shinji103 is right in this case.

On another note, I don't think Suou was completely naked in that scene. Suou will cover herself much better if she really don't wear anything down there and stay away from Hei so he won't see things when he look up (Half-Russian girl is bold but not that bold ^^). I also rewatched and in all of the case our view was blocked so i can't be wrong =D

Wouldn't it be dramatic to think that Hei wants to kill Yin too?

As for Suou wearing pantsu. She wasn't. If she was, then we would have been shown. I'm not into the whole thing with that scene, I merely look at it as Hei was defending himself. Suou figured, while hers and Hei's clothes dried from the fridget water, she had a chance to tie up Hei to protect herself, but Hei felt something wrong and took action.
Old 2009-10-29, 07:31   Link #298
Joe_fh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Two things wrong there.

First, I watched the episode again myself (for the 6th time; I've watched that scene repeatedly to be sure of it since this disagreement thing started last week), and no that's not what Hei said. It's still "Ore wa Yin wo...ano onna wo korosu."

Second, even if Hei had said the line you stated, your translation of the line is wrong.

If Hei had said that line "Ore wa......Yin no mono....ano onna wo korosu", then it would tyranslate to "I....belong to Yin....I'll kill that woman." It doesn't quite make sense, especially given the context of the conversation.

I still stick with my view on the line, but like I said, I'm used to being embarrased by the whims of directors and staffs.
Haha you're still going at it
Good thing it's this time of the week and we'll be seeing the new episode tomorrow. Hopefully that "killing Yin" part will be cleared up a bit since it looks like something really important to both the characters and the plot. Even if they have other major things going on like Suou becoming a contractor and people from all over the world tryng to kill them I still think they need to at least adress that that issue.
Old 2009-10-29, 09:06   Link #299
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_fh View Post
Haha you're still going at it
Well it was a new line just put up today, and mistranslated, so to prevent odd and weird ideas from popping up......
Old 2009-10-29, 09:09   Link #300
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
More like Suou's not bold enough to strip out his trouser...

Suou have her pantsu on through. Right? Right?
Uh, not that I could see. That was partially the reason why she was flipped over very fast imo.