Next episode: Komugi no Gungi.

I sense a reference there .

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-03, 14:55   Link #3842
ookamigirl

Leol vs Morel
Looks like lion-man likes surfing LOL
It was a pretty cool fight and original too.
That Leol really knows how to pull aces out his sleeves.
Morel isn't half bad either.
It was very interesting watching them analyze/explain each others powers.
Undercover Palm was doing her job very well.
Maybe even too well for own good..
It was nice to see Killua and his new friend again ^^

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-03, 15:13   Link #3843
MCAL

Oh boy. Palm is most definitely screwed here. The fight between Morel an Leol was okay. Morel still beung the smartest hunter in the room, using CO2 against his opponent. Nothing is sacred with Togashi it seems.

But Killua. Sheesh. Those abs...
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-03, 16:07   Link #3844
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
Oh boy. Palm is most definitely screwed here. The fight between Morel an Leol was okay. Morel still beung the smartest hunter in the room, using CO2 against his opponent. Nothing is sacred with Togashi it seems.
Though I didn't appreciate them saying that CO2 is "poisonous". CO2 isn't poisonous, it's just that if there's too much of it it ends up kicking out the oxygen. CO, on the other hand, would be, but then again, Morel would poison himself if he started producing that (which should be possible since it's a smoking byproduct).

Old 2013-12-03, 16:41   Link #3845
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
Though I didn't appreciate them saying that CO2 is "poisonous". CO2 isn't poisonous, it's just that if there's too much of it it ends up kicking out the oxygen.
Actually, enough concentration of CO2 will kill you even if the oxygen levels are kept normal. So in that sense, it is poisonous.

(Though ISTR that absolutely no CO2 is also lethal.)
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-03, 17:58   Link #3846
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The way Morel beat Leol was crazy. He made perfect use of the environment and his own abilities. He's definitely one of the strongest and smartest hunter in the show. One of the most cool-headed too.

The second most impressive thing in this episode were Killua's abs. Like, dayum. I really liked his speech to Ikalgo. He's come a long way since the beginning of the series.

Palm was really unlucky. Pitou reactivated his en at the worst possible moment for her. I don't think she could have fulfilled her mission either way. It's impossible to approach the king and get away alive unless he wants you to. Now the question is: was she able to kill herself before she got caught?
Old 2013-12-03, 18:15   Link #3847
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The way Morel beat Leol was crazy. He made perfect use of the environment and his own abilities. He's definitely one of the strongest and smartest hunter in the show. One of the most cool-headed too.

The second most impressive thing in this episode were Killua's abs. Like, dayum. I really liked his speech to Ikalgo. He's come a long way since the beginning of the series.

Palm was really unlucky. Pitou reactivated his en at the worst possible moment for her. I don't think she could have fulfilled her mission either way. It's impossible to approach the king and get away alive unless he wants you to. Now the question is: was she able to kill herself before she got caught?
Well I suppose it's possible if Palm was quick enough to dash back to the elevator and head down to the basement before getting caught within the en. Despite moving relatively quickly didn't seem like an instant catch. Though for Palm's sake if she couldn't avoid it then I hope she did manage to end herself. Nothing worse than Pitou getting ahold of you...not a pleasant death.

And damn Killua's abs . A good opportunity I suppose to make the point how ripped he is. Though not surprising since even before all this nen stuff he was already able to rip hearts out of bodies and such.

I thought Morel might have had some troubles, but damn he owned once again. Goes to show that smarts really do make a huge difference. Understanding your strengths and how to make the most of them. Probably helped that since it was an ability stolen from his friend that he knew its capabilities.

Guess this ends the debate about the ability borrowing. A dead issue .
Old 2013-12-03, 21:16   Link #3848
revive4563

Now, I realized that I'm waiting for this. After all, this is the best one in 2013, even if it is one of the typical long-run battle series of Shonen Jump.
I'm really enjoying this because I haven't read manga.
revive4563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-03, 23:00   Link #3849
Funkatron
Highly irregular

Was I only one who thought for a second that Morel was getting Leol high with certain -ahem- vapors?
Funkatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-04, 04:06   Link #3850
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Actually, enough concentration of CO2 will kill you even if the oxygen levels are kept normal. So in that sense, it is poisonous.

(Though ISTR that absolutely no CO2 is also lethal.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
CO2 is an asphyxiant gas and not classified as toxic or harmful in accordance with Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals standards of United Nations Economic Commission for Europe by using the OECD Guidelines for the Testing of Chemicals. In concentrations up to 1% (10,000 ppm), it will make some people feel drowsy.[81] Concentrations of 7% to 10% may cause suffocation, even in the presence of sufficient oxygen, manifesting as dizziness, headache, visual and hearing dysfunction, and unconsciousness within a few minutes to an hour.[83]
CO2 is chemically inert, so it can't really cause intoxication, but as I said, being heavier than air, it's going to replace oxygen in your lungs very quickly, even in relatively low concentrations (after all it doesn't need to replace all the oxygen, just lowering its concentration is enough to make you dizzy and eventually faint). But technically it's not poisonous, because poisonous defines something that actively messes with your body's chemistry. It isn't poisonous in the way water is not poisonous just because you can drown in it.

Carbon monoxide, CO, can kill you with WAY less than that, because it fucks up your hemoglobin. That fits the definition of "poisonous". It's a small issue and it could be even just a translation error, I was just pointing it out.

Old 2013-12-04, 04:19   Link #3851
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Holy crap, those abs! If there's a BYOB party after Meruem is defeated Killua will be all set, because he's sporting a twelve-pack...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-04, 07:08   Link #3852
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Holy crap, those abs! If there's a BYOB party after Meruem is defeated Killua will be all set, because he's sporting a twelve-pack...
If there's such a party after Meruem is defeated, and IF Meruem is defeated in the first place .

Old 2013-12-04, 09:28   Link #3853
SHINOBI-03

-EPISODE 107-
Spoiler for part 1:

--------
Spoiler for part 2:
SHINOBI-03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-04, 12:59   Link #3854
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHINOBI-03 View Post
-EPISODE 107-
Spoiler for part 1:

--------
Spoiler for part 2:
Whoa... if you look, in the manga, in the bed scene where Bizeff is sleeping there is something suspiciously resembling a dildo . Anime took that out. A pity.

Old 2013-12-04, 13:17   Link #3855
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Morel wins again. Geez, he hasn't even broken a sweat yet.

I empathise with Leol there. That is probably not a good way to die. I don't -sympathise-, but I can definitely feel a little bit of what he's feeling in the end there.

And then the inverse happens, and we get to feel soooo happy for Ikalgo. He found friends he's willing to risk his life for.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-04, 13:56   Link #3856
SHINOBI-03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
Whoa... if you look, in the manga, in the bed scene where Bizeff is sleeping there is something suspiciously resembling a dildo . Anime took that out. A pity.
O_o

And Palm went with it?!!
Old 2013-12-04, 15:12   Link #3857
Arkeus

Quote:

Spoiler:
Maybe you should hide that? that's a fairly big spoiler.
Arkeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-04, 15:30   Link #3858
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
O_o

And Palm went with it?!!
Dude, Palm went with a lot of shit here. No matter how it ends up, who lives, who dies, etc., she was the one who already did the supreme sacrifice in the name of mankind . There are things worse than death, and having sex with an unattractive shady pervert politician who's into slave girls is definitely in the top ten .

Old 2013-12-04, 22:15   Link #3859
SHINOBI-03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkeus View Post
Maybe you should hide that? that's a fairly big spoiler.
How so? That was the last thing we see her doing in that chapter. It's the anime that spoiled it to us what happened to her, and it's not like that's her last appearance period!
Old 2013-12-05, 06:14   Link #3860
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
How so? That was the last thing we see her doing in that chapter. It's the anime that spoiled it to us what happened to her, and it's not like that's her last appearance period!
You said

Spoiler for Sort-of-spoiler:

Tags
action, shounen