Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-13, 12:43   Link #5881
KrimzonStriker

Quite silly indeed
Old 2008-04-13, 12:48   Link #5882
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

It's not impossible I guess, but it just seems rather odd. Of course, there is still the matter of what is up with Jupiter.

So can we make a better guess at what the Emperor's plan is?

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-04-13, 12:49   Link #5883
KrimzonStriker

Planetary alignment that causes massive power influx's or something? Constellations and planets have often been associated with mysticism Dann
Old 2008-04-13, 12:51   Link #5884
flou
That's no lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
he could just figure out what the trick was that made his geass turn off when he lost all his memories.
Trick meaning brain-wipe? I don't think he would want to do that rather frequently We already have enough characters with brain damage (psychos are good though)
Old 2008-04-13, 12:54   Link #5885
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Planetary alignment that causes massive power influx's or something? Constellations and planets have often been associated with mysticism Dann
Well he claimed the temple place was the Sword of Akasha (Sp?) which indicates something like killing a god. Does the Emperor plan on becoming god? Maybe C.C. is going to turn out to be the human incarnation of that god? That could mean that she'll either be killed in the end or take her place as god once again. So she'll be gone.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-04-13, 12:58   Link #5886
monstratboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Well he claimed the temple place was the Sword of Akasha (Sp?) which indicates something like killing a god. Does the Emperor plan on becoming god? Maybe C.C. is going to turn out to be the human incarnation of that god? That could mean that she'll either be killed in the end or take her place as god once again. So she'll be gone.
And while waiting to power up it has a feature that allows you to talk to dead aquaintances to pass the time.

We really know too little after 28 + episodes.
Old 2008-04-13, 13:00   Link #5887
flou
That's no lady

Quote:
The Emperor said "Akasha no tsurugi" which directly translates to "Sword of Akasha" or "Akasha's Sword." Who knows about C.C.'s or V.V.'s involvement in this. I do remember that originally, before the story became what it is like today, C.C. was an angel of some sort or something like an angel.
Old 2008-04-13, 13:03   Link #5888
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

The talking to the dead thing seems to be something anyone can do with the proper abilities.

C.C. being some sort of incarnation of a goddess or god seems quite likely. We'll probably see her leave in the end and take her place back where she belongs. She'll probably remember what she is and return there.

C.C. was originally written as an angel? Never knew that, but it is quite interesting. While I am sure that concept has changed somewhat, it may give us some idea of what her wish may be. Perhaps V.V. is trying to kill this God with the Emperor or perhaps C.C. is trying to lead Lelouch into taking the position.

Old 2008-04-13, 13:07   Link #5889
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
also do you remember the discussion about the grey/purple Vincent units and about the weapon in it's ellbow used against Toudou's KMF
i guess we can confirm that is is a pulse weapon that sends out either a sound or forced air pulse to destroy whoever gets in the encircled area.. i think it's an air pulse because you didnt hear any sound but sound can be used to destroy things in a pulse matter as well ^^
Old 2008-04-13, 13:09   Link #5890
flou
That's no lady

Quote:
The talking to the dead thing seems to be something anyone can do with the proper abilities.

C.C. being some sort of incarnation of a goddess or god seems quite likely. We'll probably see her leave in the end and take her place back where she belongs. She'll probably remember what she is and return there.

C.C. was originally written as an angel? Never knew that, but it is quite interesting. While I am sure that concept has changed somewhat, it may give us some idea of what her wish may be. Perhaps V.V. is trying to kill this God with the Emperor or perhaps C.C. is trying to lead Lelouch into taking the position.
That's an interesting thought. Anyway, Jupiter is usually the planet symbolic of the head of the gods so it's interesting to factor in that aspect. Also, I just remembered Lelouch's astrological sign is Sagittarius, which is governed by Jupiter.
Old 2008-04-13, 13:09   Link #5891
KrimzonStriker

Like Kallen's arm, only smaller? I thought that method looked familiar >_>
Old 2008-04-13, 13:13   Link #5892
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
also do you remember the discussion about the grey/purple Vincent units and about the weapon in it's ellbow used against Toudou's KMF
i guess we can confirm that is is a pulse weapon that sends out either a sound or forced air pulse to destroy whoever gets in the encircled area.. i think it's an air pulse because you didnt hear any sound but sound can be used to destroy things in a pulse matter as well ^^
yep, guess everyone was wrong. ;_;

Still, the pile driver has a fairly poor effective range, and unlike the Guren, or Big O (to take another example of a pile driver equipped unit. >_>), it doesn't really have any way to grapple when it's mounted in the elbow, making it a rather dangerous to use weapon.

Quote:
Like Kallen's arm, only smaller? I thought that method looked familiar >_>
totally different from the radiation wave. it's just a focused blast of force, not a microwave that will destroy a Knightmare by grabbing absolutely any part of it's body. It has to aim for the cockpit/chest.
Old 2008-04-13, 13:15   Link #5893
KrimzonStriker

It guarantees a kill though, because it explodes the cockpit of the Knightmare before they can eject >_>
Old 2008-04-13, 13:23   Link #5894
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:

Still, the pile driver has a fairly poor effective range, and unlike the Guren, or Big O (to take another example of a pile driver equipped unit. >_>), it doesn't really have any way to grapple when it's mounted in the elbow, making it a rather dangerous to use weapon.
depends, we have only seen it being used one time now..
what an air pulse can certainly do is divert another blast, though you would have to be very precise into using it for sucha method and be quick at your pace because it can only block/split it for a mere second.. you could use it and get out of the way which shouldnt be a problem for Rollo at all

another thing, if you can adjust the force in which it pulses it could prove to be even more usefull though also dangerous but we will come to that later..
If you can adjust its force then you could have a widder or atleased longer range and thus blast other things out of the way even from range..

dangerous factor would be damage, it would be hazordous if you would use it while it is damaged cause it can just explode and destroy the arm or damage the unit heavily..
and the charge time.. i wonder how long it takes for it to recharge for another pulse, the time it takes could be too long as well

btw i told you so.. it was something pulsing.. not a shield

edit: this soundtrack is going to be awsome!
Old 2008-04-13, 13:26   Link #5895
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by flou View Post
That's an interesting thought. Anyway, Jupiter is usually the planet symbolic of the head of the gods so it's interesting to factor in that aspect. Also, I just remembered Lelouch's astrological sign is Sagittarius, which is governed by Jupiter.
Well, whatever is happening seems to have to do with gods in some form. It seems that the Emperor may be planning to kill one if his words have any meaning which I think they do. The question then is what the Emperor, and V.V. as well, gets out of it.

C.C. may be trying to do the opposite of that though I can't guarentee anything. There was that conversation with Marianne where she asked if C.C. would guide him. Lelouch becoming a god of some sort seems rather odd of an ending though.

Quote:

I don't think it is a main weapon, just one for certain situations.

Quote:
It guarantees a kill though, because it explodes the cockpit of the Knightmare before they can eject >_>
Yeah, but you would need to be very fast and accurate to do it right. It has more problems than the Guren's arm I think since even the arm was able to extend.

Old 2008-04-13, 13:26   Link #5896
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
In all honesty, the Gloucester's lance was a better weapon for that sort of thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
btw i told you so.. it was something pulsing.. not a shield

edit: this soundtrack is going to be awsome!
you said it was a gun!

but yes, I was wrong. I'm sorry.
Old 2008-04-13, 13:27   Link #5897
monstratboy

Quote:

You mean the proper ability for talking to the dead might be one who posesses alien blood or one who possess a giant floating temple?

C.C. mentions the power of the king. So Jupiter/king of gods female worshipers with weird symbol on their heads is as good as any other i suppose. The angel thing wouldn't tie in however.

I think C.C. just wants an eternal companion, a fellow immortal.
Old 2008-04-13, 13:28   Link #5898
KrimzonStriker

It's good to have built in weapons, makes it easier not to lose them in the midst of battle, plus the Vincent seems fast enough to make extension only a minor hindrance
Old 2008-04-13, 13:29   Link #5899
flou
That's no lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstratboy View Post
I think C.C. just wants an eternal companion, a fellow immortal.
...And Mao was her best bet?
Old 2008-04-13, 13:29   Link #5900
noodlemeister
Nina must Die

Maybe at full power, pile driver can pierce through a bunch of stacked frames? Also it might be able to pierce through that green translucent shield thing.
Closed Thread

Tags
psychic powers, random thoughts, speculation, spoiler, spoilers