5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 0.85%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 0.85%
3 out of 10 : Bad 4 1.14%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 3 0.85%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 1.14%
Voters: 352. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-05-25, 10:16   Link #161
monstratboy

I don't think the Suzaku assasination scene had much to do about reminding us about his 'live' command but more to do with Suzaku contemplating the reason behind his childhood friend's commands that led to Euphemia's actions and murder, in comparison to what was done to him.

The already super Suzaku would have had no problem taking down such a noisy assasin without the geass I'm sure. I mean, the guy dodges bullets for christ sake!

I loved this episode. It was pretty good for closing one chapter.

Its gonna take me a good while to get accustomed to Miss Romaria, or whatever's voice. I keep on thinking Viletta is speaking off camera and wondering why they have this other women in the scene moving her mouth with no words coming out.

Last edited by monstratboy; 2008-05-25 at 10:29.
monstratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-25, 10:18   Link #162
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
well that would have ruined the punchline, that it was all just a trick to get 1 million on the iceberg without Britannian intervention.
Still, even as a punchline, which I understood, Todou still had some serious problems with the mission. I'm not really criticizing the scene, as I could understand it, but it just felt a little odd to flip from a very uneasy Todou and the possibility of getting something fleshed out through Kallen's question to a spinning Kaguya.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-25, 10:21   Link #163
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

Just saw the episode and this one seems to focus more on Suzaku than anyone I think. He's forced to make decisions that will let the citizens an escape or a massacre kill order, either way he ends up looking bad. I do have to mention what a huge gamble I thought this was for Lelouch to play, but he has made Zero the symbol for all Japanese.

Now Sayoko knows who Zero is, and she doesn't seem to disapprove, in fact she seems happy about it.

Nina got more screen time than she deserves but at least we got to see what happened with her bomb.

Schneizel expresses feelings over his two sisters Cornelia and Euphemia.

I think Suzaku through this plan has confirmed that Lelouch is Zero.
Blue_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-25, 10:22   Link #164
ThoHell

C.C. didn't say one word the whole episode...kind of depressing. They really nerfed her role and importance so far this season even though she is such a foundation character.
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-25, 10:23   Link #165
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Is she though? Her only real importance is revealing info on the Geass and that's about it. She's more of a minor character than anything else now.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-25, 10:24   Link #166
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
C.C. didn't say one word the whole episode...kind of depressing. They really nerfed her role and importance so far this season even though she is such a foundation character.
She's got 'late character' written all over her given her connection with Geass more then anything else, and that's just an issue that needs to be resolved later on in the story. As I always say, a modicum of patients is in order so I wouldn't worry much at this point.
Old 2008-05-25, 10:26   Link #167
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
She's got 'late character' written all over her given her connection with Geass more then anything else, and that's just an issue that needs to be resolved later on in the story. As I always say, a modicum of patients is in order so I wouldn't worry much at this point.
Agreed, there's a whole lot of C2 and V2 time to come in the future, but the story is currently focusing on the Rebellion, not the Geass.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-25, 10:27   Link #168
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Agreed, there's a whole lot of C2 and V2 time to come in the future, but the story is currently focusing on the Rebellion, not the Geass.
Woot, we agreed on something!!
Old 2008-05-25, 10:29   Link #169
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Late character is a bad position to have in a show and it's probably just another inidcator she'd going to be dead or gone in the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Probably not until the last couple episodes since the Rebellion is the focal point of the show with Geass in just a side thing thrown in there to give it a cool edge. The rebellion and the characters involved with it are more important.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-05-25, 10:29   Link #170
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

1 million of Zero is scary. That really fits the title of this episode. As expected from Zero, that's brilliant! Looks like Sayoko learnt about the true identity of Zero and she ought to be proud of him

I guess if Shen Hu deprives its pilot of his life. Xingke may have piloted Shen Hu a number of times for training or even battles which caused his body problem. Another death flag seen. That is left for us to speculate.

It is sweet of Lelouch to leave a candle for Euphie. I'm actually touched by that scene. Did Suzaku suspect Lelouch?

If Lelouch's cover is blown, Rolo is finished. If Rolo is finished, so does Viletta. Did I just smelt a hint of Rolo contract with V.V. although it is rather obvious? The three of them are in 'the same boat' (Pretty sure Lelouch will escape from the 'boat' ). Their fates seem to be intertwined . Viletta has become a 'dog' of Zero. Rolo is leaving with his nii-san? Lelouch will need him. But if they left, what about the student council? They will be shocked! It is time to leave anyway.

Poor Suzaku is aware that he is still under his 'live' geass. There is no way for him to die for now, plot device or whatsoever . I wonder how many times was he almost killed during that 1 year. That attempt couldn't be done only once. Stay and protect Nunnally. Is he leaving Area 11 to go after Zero? Are we not seeing him for the time being? Despite Suzaku, as a KoR who can take independent action, should stay and help Nunnally till things are settled.

Cecile I'm amazed that she wore that specially to see Zero.

So Nina's 'nuke' had been a failure at the start. She will succeed . Nothing good will come out of it.

Another two weeks to the next episode aww.

Avatar by Sonae. Signature by Airi. Thank you.
Pink-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-25, 10:32   Link #171
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I'd say that idea for Li is probably a correct one. That suit must really be dangerous. More so than any other we have seen.

The scene with the candles was touching and sad at the same point. It showed he still cared though.

Old 2008-05-25, 10:33   Link #172
arkxkra
全力全開

Spoiler for :
Old 2008-05-25, 10:33   Link #173
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Poor Suzaku is aware that he is still under his 'live' geass. There is no way for him to die for now, plot device or whatsoever . I wonder how many times was he almost killed during that 1 year. That attempt couldn't be done only once. Stay and protect Nunnally. Is he leaving Area 11 to go after Zero? Are we not seeing him for the time being? Despite Suzaku, as a KoR who can take independent action, should stay and help Nunnally till things are settled.
No offense but where was it ever stated that the Live Geass made Suzaku impossible to kill or invincible?

If he's contemplating to commit suicide then of course he wouldn't die but if someone tried to kill him they could still kill him. He just won't go down easily.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-25, 10:34   Link #174
ThoHell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Is she though? Her only real importance is revealing info on the Geass and that's about it. She's more of a minor character than anything else now.
What are you talking about? This whole show is about geass users. They are like the main scene runners--V.V., Emperor(their objective and character importance to the show ( the plot makers or the ones that fuel the plot). C.C. made Zero, not the literal character as in Lulu, but gave him power and importance. The main plot of this story is runned by geass users who are fighting against each other. There is a lot more to this series than just the rebellion, a much more deeper plot. So to say that C.C. is a minor character in this geass world is quite wrong.
Old 2008-05-25, 10:35   Link #175
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

Quote:
I'd say that idea for Li is probably a correct one. That suit must really be dangerous. More so than any other we have seen.

The scene with the candles was touching and sad at the same point. It showed he still cared though.
But I believe Shen Hu has power stronger than the rest of the machines although that depends on the pilot. Xingke must have a lot of trouble keeping up with that machine.

Avatar by Sonae. Signature by Airi. Thank you.
Pink-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-25, 10:35   Link #176
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

It doesn't. It just makes it harder to kill him since he'll try so hard to save his own life which is a bit easier since Suzaku already had superhuman abilties.

Old 2008-05-25, 10:36   Link #177
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Quote:
It doesn't. It just makes it harder to kill him since he'll try so hard to save his own life which is a bit easier since Suzaku already had superhuman abilties.
Yeah but people are already saying that it's a Hax and that he can't die now that's what I'm not getting.
Old 2008-05-25, 10:39   Link #178
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
What are you talking about? This whole show is about geass users. They are like the main scene runners--V.V., Emperor. C.C. made Zero, not the literal character as in Lulu, but gace him power and importance. The main plot of this story is runned by geass users who are fighting against each other. There is a lot more to this series than just ths rebellion, a much more deeper plot. So to say that C.C. is a minor character in this geass world is quite wrong.
No, the show is about Lelouch leading a rebellion. The Geass is just some side thing thrown in for what was probably a way of making the show cooler since everyone loves when mystical powers get involved.

And so far she has been nothing more than a minor character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink-chan View Post
But I believe Shen Hu has power stronger than the rest of the suit although that depends on the pilot. Xingke must have a lot of trouble keeping up with that machine.
Hmm, just more reason to see this thing in action I guess. Maybe some modifications can be made to make it less difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Yeah but people are already saying that it's a Hax and that he can't die now that's what I'm not getting.
Oh, well I don't get that either.

Old 2008-05-25, 10:43   Link #179
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Is the Shen Hu suppose to be a "tallgeese" model where the G-Forces are strong enough to kill the pilot? Or does it just suck energy out of the pilot or something?
Old 2008-05-25, 10:43   Link #180
ThoHell

Quote:
No, the show is about Lelouch leading a rebellion. The Geass is just some side thing thrown in for what was probably a way of making the show cooler since everyone loves when mystical powers get involved.
Who are the cause for him to want this rebellion? The Emporer, who is abiding to his contract with V.V., who are after C.C., who gave a high schooler power to rebel, the people who are the main influence to the story. Without the geass users and the behind the scene plot, there wouldn't be a Code Geass.