Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2016-11-08, 23:52   Link #1561
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
U.S won't become like Europe for sure with their refugee problem and that my main concern. So yeah I feel great!
You guys never had a syrian refugee problem though. Or do you believe Trump saying that Hillary would have increased the whole refugee number by 6500% to several millions per year? I doubt she would have even raised it by 0,65%. You don't make money with refugees after all.
Old 2016-11-08, 23:56   Link #1562
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

The sinking feeling as hope escapes your soul is pretty damn terrible...

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Old 2016-11-08, 23:56   Link #1563
James Rye

So from the current numbers it looks like non-college educated white women went for Trump 62-34.

Wow.
Old 2016-11-08, 23:59   Link #1564
Kakurin
大佐

Amusing to see that even in the reddest states the big cities still voted blue.
Old 2016-11-09, 00:00   Link #1565
MCAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
So from the current numbers it looks like non-college educated white women went for Trump 62-34.

Wow.
Trump does pretty good with non-educated people of both genders. And there's a reason for that.
Old 2016-11-09, 00:03   Link #1566
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Canada's immigration site is back up

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2016-11-09, 00:03   Link #1567
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Nate Cohn of the New York Times has an early, if compelling, narrative about this massive miss by just about everyone (link):

"How to think about this election: white working class voters just decided to vote like a minority group. They're >40% of the electorate."

If he is right, this portends dark times. It also explains Clinton's shocking underperformance in the south, where white evangelicals break heavily for a man who has no claim to morality, and in the midwest, where blue collar whites finally abandon the last vestiges of New Deal Democrat allegiance. It means the campaign of white nationalism outperformed all expectations. It means discontent with an uncertain future is translating to the march back to fascism, to grandiose promises of war and autarky. It may mean the United States will have little role to play to save the world from the threat of climate change.

I'm coming to terms with it, in a very, very dark way. America still thinks a skinny kid with a funny name is a dirty, inferior, subhuman, undeserving of equality. I will have to think seriously about what this means about my future in this country.

At least I can say that Las Vegas has been a wonderful host and home, and the Lady looks to keep Nevada blue through this election almost single-handedly.
Old 2016-11-09, 00:05   Link #1568
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

People used to laugh about anyone doubting the polls, refering to the doubts being nothing but "2012 unskew the polls v2.0". Well those people are not laughing now.
Old 2016-11-09, 00:07   Link #1569
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
You guys never had a syrian refugee problem though. Or do you believe Trump saying that Hillary would have increased the whole refugee number by 6500% to several millions per year? I doubt she would have even raised it by 0,65%. You don't make money with refugees after all.
We don't and I wanna make for sure to stay it that way for the next couple years.

P.S with how PC and sensitive America is now, I think Trump will balance it. America went through Bush's era just fine (beside the wars) and I'm sure it will be no different when Trump is elected.
Old 2016-11-09, 00:09   Link #1570
Harbinger
Squirrel Master

If Clinton loses, the fault lies with the DNC. Don't fuck your potential supporters and expect them to vote for you.
Old 2016-11-09, 00:09   Link #1571
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

It's almost like Bernie's poll numbers versus Trump back during the primaries weren't as crazy as they looked. Sad. The DNC is going to learn all of the wrong lessons from this election, aren't they. =\
Old 2016-11-09, 00:10   Link #1572
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

The meltdown in here is hilarious.
Old 2016-11-09, 00:10   Link #1573
GDB

Quote:
P.S with how PC and sensitive America is now, I think Trump will balance it.
You mean the guy who raged and threatened to sue basically anyone who offended him? You don't balance a scale by putting more on the side that's already weighed down.

Quote:
America went through Bush's era just fine (beside the wars) and I'm sure it will be no different when Trump is elected.
The GOP wasn't quite as Zealot-like or insane back then as it is now.
Old 2016-11-09, 00:11   Link #1574
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
Nate Cohn of the New York Times has an early, if compelling, narrative about this massive miss by just about everyone (link):

"How to think about this election: white working class voters just decided to vote like a minority group. They're >40% of the electorate."

If he is right, this portends dark times. It also explains Clinton's shocking underperformance in the south, where white evangelicals break heavily for a man who has no claim to morality, and in the midwest, where blue collar whites finally abandon the last vestiges of New Deal Democrat allegiance. It means the campaign of white nationalism outperformed all expectations. It means discontent with an uncertain future is translating to the march back to fascism, to grandiose promises of war and autarky. It may mean the United States will have little role to play to save the world from the threat of climate change.

I'm coming to terms with it, in a very, very dark way. America still thinks a skinny kid with a funny name is a dirty, inferior, subhuman, undeserving of equality. I will have to think seriously about what this means about my future in this country.

At least I can say that Las Vegas has been a wonderful host and home, and the Lady looks to keep Nevada blue through this election almost single-handedly.
Maybe Clinton under performed because her campaign and the media alienated a ton of voters by acting like they were racists or bigots or horrible people just because they didn't instantly fall in line behind her. You don't exactly earn votes when you do shit like that. A lot of Bernie voters were seriously offended too when her campaign said they didn't need them.

I think Trump won more on the ticket of being anti-establishment rather than any such thing as white nationalism, but that's just my personal opinion so feel free to deny it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
It's almost like Bernie's poll numbers versus Trump back during the primaries weren't as crazy as they looked. Sad. The DNC is going to learn all of the wrong lessons from this election, aren't they. =\
Bul Hillary was more electable! Don't you see!? Trump won Michigan and Wisconsin which were two states that went for Bernie during the primaries.

Sadly. Hillary was already pretty right of center and they might go even further right.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2016-11-09, 00:14   Link #1575
James Rye

I think that's it. Trump got PA and won.
Old 2016-11-09, 00:16   Link #1576
IceHism

heh, even my mail in ballot for Hillary didn't help. (not like my state would turn red anyways)

I'm just collecting all the salt on fb and twitter rn.
Old 2016-11-09, 00:18   Link #1577
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
heh, even my mail in ballot for Hillary didn't help. (not like my state would turn red anyways)

I'm just collecting all the salt on fb and twitter rn.
Go to tumblr, it's a salt mine currently.
Old 2016-11-09, 00:21   Link #1578
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Everywhere is a salt mine, actually, even the stock market.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2016-11-09, 00:22   Link #1579
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Just got back home. What the fuck is that? It's fucking Brexit 2.0.

Quote:
America went through Bush's era just fine (beside the wars) and I'm sure it will be no different when Trump is elected.
Are you serious? It took years for Obama to mop up the floor and clean the mess Bush left behind.

If that's how they want it in the US, then they can all go fuck themselves and better not whine when the situation will get worse. How can some people believe that they can get their old jobs back in a day and age where you need to evolve into something superior, that's beyond me.
Old 2016-11-09, 00:26   Link #1580
MCAL

Well Trump is winning this thing unless some sort of miracle happens.

You know it might sound from my posts that this is all Trump supporters' fault but that's not entirely true. I blame pretty much everyone for this trainwreck. I blame the Republicans for practically being an extremist cult, I blame Democrats for their awful strategy and inability to see their faults, I blame the Supreme Court for gutting the Voting Rights Act, I blame protest voters for being unable to understand their vote helps elect a man who will delegitimize everyone who isn't a White Straight Man, I blame the Media for sucking on Trump's dick and being unable to call him out (Seriously Trump supporters should be THANKING the Media), I blame the FBI and Comey for disregarding election etiquette to throw an election, I of course blame Republicans who stood and did nothing and Democrats who did not enough, I blame the Right for letting bigotry fester and I blame the Left for making them so loud. And most importantly I blame this country for single-handily destroying our reputation and the World's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
The GOP wasn't quite as Zealot-like or insane back then as it is now.
They also weren't quite led by a man who need his campaign to force him off twitter to make him seem sane.
Closed Thread