AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > True Tears

Notices

Old 2008-01-27, 20:28   Link #601
Falkor

It feels really great to understand most of the dialogue now that you rewatch it with subs.

Spoiler for more thoughts on episode 04:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudninja View Post
About part of the above (I snipped the rest)
Spoiler:
Spoiler for response:
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-27, 21:19   Link #602
Willcrusher

Might be a long shot, but could someone make a plain (no writing etc) sig or avatar of the scene at ep4's end preview with Noe licking Shinichiro? It's perfect for some funny captions lol.
Willcrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-27, 21:20   Link #603
DanielSong39

I tend to think that Aiko is genuinely conflicted and her feelings towards Shin is the classic "grass is greener on the other side" response.

I think Aiko does like Nobuse but feels he's somewhat immature and thus isn't willing to accept him quite yet. If and when Nobuse proves himself to be worthy, I think her wavering will die down.

Aiko knows she doesn't have much of a chance with Shin and chose to move on. Not sure when Hiromi will do the same, but #4 (Jun) is surely not a bad choice. Most people don't end up with their first love, but it's also true that the vast majority of the time, it's for the better.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-27, 21:40   Link #604
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
I tend to think that Aiko is genuinely conflicted and her feelings towards Shin is the classic "grass is greener on the other side" response.

I think Aiko does like Nobuse but feels he's somewhat immature and thus isn't willing to accept him quite yet. If and when Nobuse proves himself to be worthy, I think her wavering will die down.

Aiko knows she doesn't have much of a chance with Shin and chose to move on. Not sure when Hiromi will do the same, but #4 (Jun) is surely not a bad choice. Most people don't end up with their first love, but it's also true that the vast majority of the time, it's for the better.
actually, Aiko is waiting for Shin to become available. You can tell her she was hinting him that with time he will forget during their "shopping date". That is why she was kind of sad when he saw him With Noe, as long as he has someone in his life, Aiko won't make a move for him and she will keep "dating" nobuse!

It is amazing the difference in enthusiasm that she shows between the "dates" with shin and the dates with Nobuse. I applaud the director of the show, because he showed us the difference within the same episode. She enjoys herself completely when she is with Shin, but she is always distant with Nobuse. It is like Valantine day "obligation Chocolate" between Aiko and Nobuse. I hope we get a flashback on how Aiko got herself in this trouble.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-27, 21:46   Link #605
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
And apparently she's not wearing a bra, because you see her panties, but I don't see a bra ... looks more like the typical "censored" nipple-less boobs you see in anime.
Unless you're watching "Chokotto Sister"...
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-27, 21:51   Link #606
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

This series has that special indefinable something that makes it worms its way into your consciousness and set up house there. On the surface things seem pretty straightforward, but there's such an amazing current of emotional energy running underneath, like a lava flow waiting to break the surface. It keeps you on the edge of your seat almost as if this were a suspense drama.

Animation was really beautiful in ep 4, I thought. There was a moment when Noe turned and faced the screen that could have come straight from Miyazaki.
Old 2008-01-27, 21:52   Link #607
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
actually, Aiko is waiting for Shin to become available. You can tell her she was hinting him that with time he will forget during their "shopping date". That is why she was kind of sad when he saw him With Noe, as long as he has someone in his life, Aiko won't make a move for him and she will keep "dating" nobuse!
Ah yes that may be true, though i'm betting we'll see something that'll make her forgot all that, and just go for it. It's quite possibly the best thing that could happen for her character in this series, though there are plenty of other ways.

Thinking about it, Shin has Hiromi on the brain, and now being asked to go out with Noe --- i can't see anytime soon when Shin is going to be free, especially in the limited time we have in this series. Something has to happen so Aiko will confess her feelings, and it'll have to be soon.
Old 2008-01-27, 21:56   Link #608
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Ah yes that may be true, though i'm betting we'll see something that'll make her forgot all that, and just go for it. It's quite possibly the best thing that could happen for her character in this series, though there are plenty of other ways.

Thinking about it, Shin has Hiromi on the brain, and now being asked to go out with Noe --- i can't see anytime soon when Shin is going to be free, especially in the limited time we have in this series. Something has to happen so Aiko will confess her feelings, and it'll have to be soon.
One of the scenarios I can see for the AikoxShinxNobuse is:
In the future Aiko will break up with Nobuse. She probably will not give him a definite reason. Nobuse will lash at shin, because it is obvious that Nobuse knows Aiko likes Shin. Shin will confront Aiko on why she broke up with nobuse and she will finally confess. That is the only way I see the truth coming out.
Old 2008-01-27, 22:07   Link #609
ThoHell

My anger/hatred towards Hiromi has nearly completely disappeared. I feel sorry for the damn girl. She is being raised up in an environment that hates/neglects her. It's not a subconscious negative feeling that she is receiving from her environment, but rather a conscious one and she is reminded of it daily. The person that has captured my hatred completely is Shin's mom. She is the one causing torment not only to herself but to all those around her. Kind of like if she isn't happy, she has to make everyone be unhappy along with her.

And Noe is really impressive. even though she acts immature she has a mature rational. Seems like in ep 5 Shin's mom will make it clear and obvious she doesn't want Hiromi near Shin.

I don't think Ai and Nobuse will break up. I'm sure some drama will happen but their relationship will most likely happen. For being supposed couples they haven't done much. But you can tell during that scene where they held hands there was a spark of feelings of some sort, not just from Nobuse but form Ai too. I'm sure Ai will slowly see the good characteristics in Nobuse.
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-27, 22:58   Link #610
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
I don't think Ai and Nobuse will break up. I'm sure some drama will happen but their relationship will most likely happen. For being supposed couples they haven't done much. But you can tell during that scene where they held hands there was a spark of feelings of some sort, not just from Nobuse but form Ai too. I'm sure Ai will slowly see the good characteristics in Nobuse.
I really wouldn't mind the NobusexAiko pairing to work, as long as aiko tells shin her feelings even if she gets rejected. Then she can move on to Nobuse. Lingering feelings will just help to separate Aiko and Nobuse, there will always be the "what if" for Aiko if she never express her feelings.

I said it before, the director on purpose this time shows us Both side of the triangle separate instead of together. The difference in mood from Aiko when she is with Shin than when she is with Nobuse is like day and night!

My believe is that Aiko loves Nobuse, but she is "IN" love with Shin!

Last edited by golthin; 2008-01-27 at 23:14.
Old 2008-01-28, 00:18   Link #611
DanielSong39

It would be taking a step backward for Aiko to make a move on Shin in my opinion.

She already decided to move on, for better or for worse. And personally I think it was the right one.

As for Hiromi, I do feel sorry for her but feel Shin is the wrong guy for her. She's starting from behind and it usually takes more than just feelings to overcome the obstacles before her. It's probably better to make a fresh start and see how things go... though if Noe really isn't interested in Shin, that gives Hiromi the opening she needs.

I like the compatibility vs. feelings theme in this show - in real life, it's usually easier to generate feelings from compatibility than the reverse. Let's see if the characters play the percentages and we see Shin x Noe, Nobuse x Aiko, and Jun X Hiromi.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 00:34   Link #612
golthin

Quote:
It would be taking a step backward for Aiko to make a move on Shin in my opinion.

She already decided to move on, for better or for worse. And personally I think it was the right one.

As for Hiromi, I do feel sorry for her but feel Shin is the wrong guy for her. She's starting from behind and it usually takes more than just feelings to overcome the obstacles before her. It's probably better to make a fresh start and see how things go... though if Noe really isn't interested in Shin, that gives Hiromi the opening she needs.

I like the compatibility vs. feelings theme in this show - in real life, it's usually easier to generate feelings from compatibility than the reverse. Let's see if the characters play the percentages and we see Shin x Noe, Nobuse x Aiko, and Jun X Hiromi.
Yes, Aiko is pretty much a done deal the more I watch her situation. It does bother me that she has to settle, I really like the bright and cheerful Aiko, the one that shows up when she is with Shin. Aiko doesn't seem to enjoy herself when she is with Nobuse, it was made pretty clear in the difference between the two "dates". I wonder what did Nobuse and Aiko ended doing, everything nobuse was suggesting she didn't feel like doing. Plus I still feel sad for what she told Shin during their "shopping date" and the sad way she said it the second time " You didn't have to.."
Old 2008-01-28, 00:43   Link #613
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I'm still hoping for Shin x Hiromi, though I suppose that puts me in the minority. I just don't see Noe filling that role in his life, and I've always had a soft spot for the damaged, tragic heroines like Hiromi. There's something quite tender and beautiful in the way Shin longs to protect Hiromi when he sees the way his mother treats her.
Old 2008-01-28, 00:51   Link #614
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

Aiko is off limits to shin as most people mention and i have to agree. AikoxNobuse is steaming up, i dont see shin's character getting involve and making the situation complicated.

What did shin's mom mean when she said "reminds me of your moms eyes" to hiromi?
bbduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 00:52   Link #615
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
I don't know... it seems to me to be pretty clear that all three girls have the hots for Shin at various levels, so it really is just a love square in disguise; in fact it's probably not disguised at all.

At first I thought this show was going to be like Kimikiss with more than one lead male protagonists, but after a few episodes it's clear that Nobuse isn't playing an equal to Shin at all. And as for Number 4, while certainly a hottie (), I don't see him as taking extra screen time any time soon.

Nobuse might end up with Aiko in the end or he might not, I have no clue, but their drama will be a sideshow to Shin's love problems I think, considering the story focus so far.

Also, I know there's a debate and nothing's been said conclusively, but I didn't doubt for a moment that Hiromi likes Shin. Why are people getting the impression that she likes "Number 4," like, seriously? I mean, this is anime romance. The signs are pretty easy to read, really, and all signs point towards her lovin' on the osananajimi boy. After we're treated with cold Hiromi in episode 1, the show's been nothing but Hiromi opening up; her jealousy at Noe is well portrayed; the "revelation" about "Number 4" was obviously a lie; the reaction after at the end of episode 3 a far more dramatic scene (why would *she* look positively shocked when she saw Shin right after if she doesn't care what he thinks about her romantically?); in episode 4, after briefly "expanding" on that lie in a very dry and fake manner, she proceeded to try to apologize to him all episode, and was near tears when Shin returned the favor. All in four episodes. IMO, it doesn't get more obvious than that [well, actually, it does, but True Tears seems like a far more subdued show than the rest of the lot in everything so...].

Otherwise, great show. I was having a romance/visual novel adaptation overload after last season, but I don't regret it at all that I made an exception for this one. That is, except for having to wait week-for-week for the next installment.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 01:11   Link #616
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbduece View Post
Aiko is off limits to shin as most people mention and i have to agree. AikoxNobuse is steaming up, i dont see shin's character getting involve and making the situation complicated.

What did shin's mom mean when she said "reminds me of your moms eyes" to hiromi?
yeah, EVERYTHING is on Aiko's hands! Shin won't make a move on her because like you said she is "off limit". The only thing I really want is a flash back of how the hell she ended in that situation.
there has to be a flash back or something that tells us how it happened. during the first three first episodes I really thought that Nobuse was just taking it for granted that Aiko was his girfriend, but with the "hook up" thing I have been convinced that she is kind of his girlfriend and it must be a very recent thing because they are still in their first date and seems they are not even in the holding hands stage!
Old 2008-01-28, 03:13   Link #617
Hage-bai
Banned

I'm definetly seeing the possibilty of Hiromi being a half-sister.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I'm still hoping for Shin x Hiromi, though I suppose that puts me in the minority. I just don't see Noe filling that role in his life, and I've always had a soft spot for the damaged, tragic heroines like Hiromi. There's something quite tender and beautiful in the way Shin longs to protect Hiromi when he sees the way his mother treats her.
Definetly in the minority if she turns out to be the half-sister.
Hage-bai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 03:19   Link #618
ThoHell

There has got to be a deep painful history between Shin's mom and Hiromi's mom, or else Shin's mom wouldn't be so detested with Hiromi. Adultery? Rivals? Something involving Hiromi's parents death? I don't know but I'm rather curious to where all this hate she has is coming from.
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 03:27   Link #619
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
this show came out of nowhere for me, picked it up thinking it would be something totally different, and i think it s going to replace KGNE as my favorite romance anime. There is still a 8ish episode before it ends but if it keeps up and if the ending is living up to what we are seeing so far we are heading toward a very good anime. it s been a long while since i have been waiting for the next episode of an anime and concidering having to wait a whole week is too long.

I only had the time to watch the first part of eps4 but hiromi is either very good at building story about #4 or she really is in love with #4 it s still strange that she hasnt said his name yet thou.
so far i m not really sure if hiromi is the result of an affaire or not, but if we assume she is hidding her feelings for shinichiou the comment "you have the same eye/look as your mother" may means that her mother loved shin's father but keept it to herself and only shin's mother sensed it and concidered it a threat to her wedding.
Ai seems to be a nice girl.
i also wonder if noe can concider shin as someone she could love instead of someone that accept her as she is reguardless of how strange she acts. it seems her relation with shin is bound to stay as friendship so far the only 2 romances i can see are ai/shin and hiromi/shin

sorry if those point have been discussed already havent had the time to read page 27~31 yet.
D a m i e n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 03:46   Link #620
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by D a m i e n View Post
i also wonder if noe can concider shin as someone she could love instead of someone that accept her as she is reguardless of how strange she acts. it seems her relation with shin is bound to stay as friendship so far the only 2 romances i can see are ai/shin and hiromi/shin

sorry if those point have been discussed already havent had the time to read page 27~31 yet.
I hope you are right, because Noe is the best candidate for Shin. Aiko is trapped in her relationship with Nobuse! I keep repeating myself but I hope they really tells us how she ended in that situation.

Tags
bishoujo, broccoli, circus, drama, p.a. works, romance, school life