AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

View Poll Results: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Episode 55 Rating
Perfect 10 30 53.57%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 32.14%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 3 5.36%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 7.14%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.79%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-05, 03:05   Link #61
Kafriel
Senior Guest

The episode was good, but the only time I felt epicness at hand was during Wrath's return...and the preview of the Wrath VS Greed #2!
Old 2010-05-05, 05:01   Link #62
Grey

Huh. The manga and anime design of Central HQ's main gate region is notably different. Interesting.

I was amused by Bradley casually walking in the background of the scene with Al, Yoki, and Heinkel. And he's wonderfully blasé about the whole coup.

The way Sloth was handled by Alex, Izumi, and her husband was pretty physics defying but...eh. (They launched him into the ceiling and wall? From that position and with that trajectory? Okay, Izumi has force-redirection hax but still...how did the other two manage that?)
Old 2010-05-05, 10:38   Link #63
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

This was a fun episode, it had so much manliness that I think my facial hair got thicker.

Anyway, I always wondered this... isn't saying Fuhrer President, redundant? doesn't Fuhrer basically mean the same thing as President?
Old 2010-05-05, 11:20   Link #64
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
This was a fun episode, it had so much manliness that I think my facial hair got thicker.

Anyway, I always wondered this... isn't saying Fuhrer President, redundant? doesn't Fuhrer basically mean the same thing as President?
Führer President King Bradley. One title isn't enough to describe the awesomeness that he is.

To be serious, his japanese title "Dai-soutou" translated literally would be "Great Führer" (President also works). So, yes it's redundant to use both Führer and President.
Old 2010-05-05, 13:46   Link #65
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Führer President King Bradley. One title isn't enough to describe the awesomeness that he is.
Not sure if you're aware, but "King" isn't a title... It's just his first name.
Old 2010-05-05, 15:12   Link #66
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I know it's his first name, but it still sounds like a title if you don't know about it

In fact, he was named that way precisely because he was destined to stand at the top of the country, so in a way, it is a title.
Old 2010-05-05, 15:14   Link #67
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
Not sure if you're aware, but "King" isn't a title... It's just his first name.
What? Is it really!? Wow...I never realized that one.
Old 2010-05-07, 03:04   Link #68
GaimeGuy

yes. His full name is "King Bradley." King being his first name, Bradley being his surname.

And he is awesome
Old 2010-05-07, 03:56   Link #69
blewin

I'm not that thrilled with Wrath's return. Not that big of a fan of him. The best highlight of this episode is Armstrong and Izumi's hubby combo. We've someone beside Armstrong with the star!!! What a golden moment.

Chrome Shelled Regios
Old 2010-05-07, 04:00   Link #70
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
I'm not that thrilled with Wrath's return. Not that big of a fan of him.
Wonder if you will still be able to say that after the following episodes
Old 2010-05-07, 05:03   Link #71
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
Wonder if you will still be able to say that after the following episodes
There shouldn't be anyone who can say that after the next couple of episodes.
Old 2010-05-07, 12:24   Link #72
OkamiNoKaze

Wow, every episode this "season" is as epic or more then the last, and this episode is no exception. As expected Izumi kicked ass, Didn't expect Sig to get into the fray, that was awesome, as much as I still liked how they met in the original anime, their meeting this time was even better. Thanks for pointing out that, that was Bradly in the back ground, I noticed him, but thought it was a random soldier, but I did wonder why he just walked by, so Bradley's appearance at the end was even more of a surprise.
Old 2010-05-07, 13:36   Link #73
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=206411

This is how all manga adaptations should be.
Old 2010-05-07, 13:43   Link #74
Shinigami00

Two days and the wrath to come shall be revealed! Who will escape it?
Old 2010-05-07, 14:49   Link #75
Illieas

okay i like the episode but what bugged me is that. you see Al and company stuck the car in drain ditch. and their have problems getting it out. but there are two alchemstist there! a quick clap of the hands to lift the concrete to lift the car out of the ditch was fastest easiest. instead we have a very contrived oh we have to focus on lifting the car by hand and miss wrath walking passed annoyed me.

second something else that is being annoying is greed and his armor. as seen in the next episode trailer the guy still fights with only his hands in that carbon based armor. why doesn't he coat himself entirely in the stuff? we have seen it once already with edward vs greed. wouldn't that just nullify all that wrath can do?

Last edited by Illieas; 2010-05-07 at 15:01.
Old 2010-05-07, 15:09   Link #76
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illieas View Post
okay i like the episode but what bugged me is that. you see Al and company stuck the car in drain ditch. and their have problems getting it out. but there are two alchemstist there! a quick clap of the hands to lift the concrete to lift the car out of the ditch was fastest easiest. instead we have a very contrived oh we have to focus on lifting the car by hand and miss wrath walking passed annoyed me.
That was pretty funny. But a hand clap may be a little too flashy, and they are trying to run away quietly. I am annoyed that I didn't realize who that was behind them the first time around. I'm surprised Wrath didn't just slash all of them, leaving Alphonse alone.

Quote:
second something else that is being annoying is greed and his armor. as seen in the next episode trailer the guy still fights with only his hands in that carbon based armor. why doesn't he coat himself entirely in the stuff? we have seen it once already with edward vs greed. wouldn't that just nullify all that wrath can do?
Goooood question. Maybe the best is being saved for last? The first Greed put his armor on fully and stick get whooped so it should be an interesting fight.
Old 2010-05-07, 17:04   Link #77
GaimeGuy

I think that Greed doesn' t put on his armor because he knows that Bradley wouldn't fight him then. Bradley could easily escape from fighting Greed if he wanted to, so in order for Greed to get a shot at Bradley, he needs to keep his armor down.

Also, it's possible that Greed's mobility would deteriorate if he goes full armor (just a hypothesis), and bradley would just be able to snap his neck repeatedly or whatever instead of cutting through him.

It's never really explained in the manga why Greed doesn't go full armor, so this is just speculation.
Old 2010-05-07, 18:17   Link #78
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

There was a lot of speculation about this around the time this happened in the manga, so it's not really a spoiler, but one of the more common theories I heard suggested was that it's due to the internal struggle between Greed and Lin. It's already been made fairly apparent that when Lin is in charge, the armor is nearly non-existent (claws only). And similarly, even when Greed is fully in charge, the fact that we don't see the armor fully out there could be due to lingering internal conflicts between the two.

That and the armor possibly conflicting with Lin's fighting style were probably the most common arguments during this time in the manga. Upcoming events may color the discussion further.
Old 2010-05-07, 18:49   Link #79
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
There was a lot of speculation about this around the time this happened in the manga, so it's not really a spoiler, but one of the more common theories I heard suggested was that it's due to the internal struggle between Greed and Lin. It's already been made fairly apparent that when Lin is in charge, the armor is nearly non-existent (claws only). And similarly, even when Greed is fully in charge, the fact that we don't see the armor fully out there could be due to lingering internal conflicts between the two.

That and the armor possibly conflicting with Lin's fighting style were probably the most common arguments during this time in the manga. Upcoming events may color the discussion further.
That was was I was thinking but wasn't sure if I was coming from left-field or not. I figure if he goes full armor, Lin would lost the control he has or something to that degree.
Old 2010-05-07, 21:32   Link #80
Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
That was pretty funny. But a hand clap may be a little too flashy, and they are trying to run away quietly. I am annoyed that I didn't realize who that was behind them the first time around. I'm surprised Wrath didn't just slash all of them, leaving Alphonse alone.
They're not obviously his enemies yet. Bradley knows that his train was blown up and a coup is happening. Sure, there's a chance Al might know something, but taking control of his country is more important than trying to confront the guy who is pure armor.
Closed Thread