AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-01-01, 01:29   Link #1701
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
The rule was that you can use summons and golems and such, but you couldn't enter the match with them.
Old 2012-01-01, 07:12   Link #1702
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
I wonder what a summoner does in a duel in a small circle. Can't really go all out with tank bugs or kaiju bugs. Does she handicap herself to just teaming up with Garyu?
In the prelims, she used the small area to her advantage to bombard her opponent with lots of small bullets in that small space, using shields to bounce them from every angle.

Lutecia might be a summoner, but summoning magic is not all she has at her disposal.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-01, 13:33   Link #1703
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
The rule was that you can use summons and golems and such, but you couldn't enter the match with them.
I like that rule it balances the summoner's power and also test their skills as we can see how a summoner manage to make time good enough to summon stuff. I'm of the idea that Lu-chan could star with small, easy-to-summon bugs and progresively summoning stronger allies to her small army.

...or simply shoot Garyuu into the battle as he have a special summoning pact that allows him to be quickly summoned from Asclepus.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-03, 02:07   Link #1704
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

->
Old 2012-01-03, 02:21   Link #1705
Key Board
Carbon

I forgot how risque her outfit was

psychological warfare is cheating!

"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-03, 02:53   Link #1706
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Rumor has it she's penpals with a C.O-san.
Old 2012-01-05, 23:44   Link #1707
Sunder the Gold

Anyone remember the very first chapter, where Einhart was going around challenging "masters of various combat styles"? And winning?

The picture shown is Einhart standing over an adult man. So, masters of various combat styles with more experience than her own.

Where were all of the current Inter-Middle contestents when she was doing this? Or hell, where were all of the FORMER contestants of previous years, who had grown up and joined the military, criminal gangs, or formal combat dojos?

Are the "masters" who can challenge her so few in any age bracket that she just never ran into one?
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 00:53   Link #1708
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
Are the "masters" who can challenge her so few in any age bracket that she just never ran into one?
To make justice to Einhart, she was "hunting" masters on the local area, while tournament contestants are from various points in the planet(heck, some of them actually came from another planets/dimensions xDU). So there's a possibility that she only encountered masters unrelated to the DSSA on the neighborhood until she fought against Nove.

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-01-06, 00:55   Link #1709
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Actually she was hunting street punks rather than established fighters who would have more discipline than to accept a random street fight.
Old 2012-01-06, 00:57   Link #1710
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Actually she was hunting street punks rather than established fighters who would have more discipline than to accept a random street fight.
At least we can assure she's stuited to be a "Street Fighter".

HADOUKEN!

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-01-06, 10:13   Link #1711
novalysis

Quote:
->
I wonder whether Lutecia reverts back to her old emotionless self under severe combat pressure. Based on this spoiler , it doesn't even seem like she's being even remotely challenged. Mind you , this is quite unfair . Lutecia's background as a de-facto child-soldier basically means that she likely has far more REAL combat experience then most of her opponents.

One wonders whether active serving TSAB mages may participate in the tournament.... did Nanoha ever participated in that?

And I'd imagine Combat Cyborgs are banned. Too imbalanced.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 10:34   Link #1712
rxrx

Quote:
I wonder whether Lutecia reverts back to her old emotionless self under severe combat pressure.
Well, it is said that the personality that you see of Lutecia now is how she really is. Her emotionless self in STS was due to her mom being stuck in coma and that her companions were a suprisingly serious Agito and the tough guy Zest. I think it is pretty hard to act like how she does around them so I don't think there will be any reverting back.
rxrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 10:38   Link #1713
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
One wonders whether active serving TSAB mages may participate in the tournament.... did Nanoha ever participated in that?
Both Megane and Quint participated, and there was talk about Erio and Caro joining, but the people doing the talking decided it wasn't something they'd do.

So yes, bureau personnel can join.

Quote:
And I'd imagine Combat Cyborgs are banned. Too imbalanced.
Given that a clone of the Sankt Kaiser can join without problems, I'd say that combat cyborgs wouldn't be a problem.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 12:14   Link #1714
Jimmy C

Quote:
did Nanoha ever participated in that?
Not likely I think. Although there seems to be no regulations against TSAB mages participating, Nanoha's skillset and part-time position means she can be called up unexpectedly to work on cases. That wreaks mayhem on participating in scheduled events like tournaments.
Second, Nanoha's fighting style is long-range aerial combat. That tournament ring would be like fighting in a phone booth to her. Fate, with a good range of melee attacks may be able to better adapt to fighting under such restrictions. But that brings us to the next point.
Third, do remember that this is the Intermediate-level tournament. There's probably a powerlevel celling for participants. I doubt AAA is within the accepted limits. If there was a veteran/master-level tournament, they might be qualified to enter, assuming the other two issues can be resolved. But whether they can last long against fighters nearly as powerful as themselves and with decades of experience remains to be seen.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 12:20   Link #1715
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
Third, do remember that this is the Intermediate-level tournament. There's probably a powerlevel celling for participants. I doubt AAA is within the accepted limits. If there was a veteran/master-level tournament, they might be qualified to enter, assuming the other two issues can be resolved. But whether they can last long against fighters nearly as powerful as themselves and with decades of experience remains to be seen.
Good point, seeing that Nove is considered a force to reckoned with by Einhart we can attest that the level in thi8s tournament is definately below AAA. But maybe the veterans are near of that level, and also we have Lutecia, i wonder if she's using a limiter because we need to remember that she's in reality an S-ranker.

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-01-06, 12:29   Link #1716
Jimmy C

That limiter is part of her "parole conditions" so she's probably still wearing it and is participating at her "restricted level".
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 14:02   Link #1717
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
I wonder whether Lutecia reverts back to her old emotionless self under severe combat pressure. Based on this spoiler , it doesn't even seem like she's being even remotely challenged.
This is still early in the tournament, though, and she hasn't gotten to the really high calibur opponents yet.

Note that I posted those images to show what they changed for the tank versions. The left is the original and the right is the changed version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Both Megane and Quint participated, and there was talk about Erio and Caro joining, but the people doing the talking decided it wasn't something they'd do.

So yes, bureau personnel can join.
It's possible that Megane and Quint participated when they were younger and hadn't joined the Bureau yet. Erio and Caro probably couldn't participate because they were Bureau personnel. They are there at the tournament in Lutecia's corner, after all, so it's not like they were too busy or something.

This is an amateur tournament for people who've trained independantly. Having Bureau members, who have been highly trained on government money, participate wouldn't be right. You don't let professionals participate in amateur tournaments.

In Lutecia's case there probably isn't a regulation that says "No scientifically enhanced child soldier's allowed."
Old 2012-01-06, 14:48   Link #1718
Sunder the Gold

The good Doctor enhanced her in some way other than the Relic?
Old 2012-01-06, 14:53   Link #1719
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Well, Lutecia is an artificial mage; that's been confirmed. I'd still like to know why people keep thinking Lutecia and Ginga were implanted with Relics; if they were, it would've been brought up somehow.
Old 2012-01-06, 15:05   Link #1720
Sunder the Gold

Wait, Lutecia wasn't born until the comatose Megane was taken in by the Numbers and Jail cloned her?

I thought the assumption was that he just kidnapped Megane's already-born daughter.

Tags
vivid