AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Negima

Notices

Old 2006-09-02, 21:28   Link #241
rooboy
Umeboshi!

I have to admit the box and figure kind of won me over as well. I'm not a huge fan of the anime - but my wife and son wanted to watch it. Originally I'd just planned on buying the cheap version of each release - but when I saw the box and the little Asuna figure I had to get it - now I'm preordering each of the limited editions (I think they're all supposed to come with stickers and a figure).
Old 2006-09-03, 23:00   Link #242
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Oh yes. Even though the anime is sub-par compared to the manga, the R1 box for the Xebec version of Negima is indeed one of the best art boxes to be released this year IMO.
Old 2006-09-09, 21:21   Link #243
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

got the 2nd DVD with figure box today. it comes with evangeline.

it did not come with a 2nd sheet of stickers and only has 4 episodes on the DVD.

thats disappointing but, its ok.

anyway, i was thinking where are the pactio cards? didnt those come with the JP DVD release or were those in the drama CDs?
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-09, 21:31   Link #244
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1
Oh yes. Even though the anime is sub-par compared to the manga, the R1 box for the Xebec version of Negima is indeed one of the best art boxes to be released this year IMO.
Actually the little figures are quite cute too - I've pretty much decided it's worth the extra two dollars (I think that's how much extra it is through DVDpacific) for me to pick up the little figurine. Though, like Potatochobit, I was a little disappointed that there wasn't a second sheet of stickers.

I was actually mad because they rewrote a lot of the jokes for the dubbed version (unfortunately a must when watching with the wife and kid - though, now that I think about it, I wasn't exceptionally excited by the japanese voice acting for this series anyway), but now I think I actually like whoever the joke writer at Funi's dubbing place is better than the Xebec one. "If blowing my skirt off is your idea of a magic trick you little perv, watch me make you disappear!" cracks me up every time.

I believe pactio cards came with the drama cds, but I could be wrong. Regardless we almost never get the cool packed in items that come with the R2 releases anyway.
Old 2006-09-09, 21:37   Link #245
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooboy666
I believe pactio cards came with the drama cds, but I could be wrong. Regardless we almost never get the cool packed in items that come with the R2 releases anyway.
They came along with the character singles/OP & ED Singles.. and so on. :3

Yeah, i'mp retty happy with the chibi figures, they're looking pretty good right next to my monitor, though i do wish we could have another shot at collecting the pactio cards.
Old 2006-09-10, 12:31   Link #246
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

On a coule of things:

The figurines: Oh yeah, that is really an addicting hobby. I've been collecting the Negima Figumate figurines since August 2005 (when I picked up figurines of Nodoka and Makie at Otakon), with me waiting for the series 5 figurines to arrive in the mail (note to self: don't ship via SAL anymore) and series 6 already pre-ordered. While I'm most likely going to pass on volume 3's figurine though (since it appears that I've already have the figurine that will come with that one), I'm most likely going to get the limited versions on volumes 4-6 (since I have a feeling that those figurines will be different from the ones that I already have).

Pactio Cards: There's two types of Pactio Cards that have been released so far: the "manga" cards that come with the singles (and the first two volumes of the DVD in Japan), and the "anime" cards that come with the rest of the R2 DVD releases. Obviously, Funimation is very interested in releasing all of the cards. However, when it comes to the "anime" cards, they obviously know that Negima fans would want them to resemble the "manga" cards (i.e. contain the same information that the regular manga cards contain) and hence a disagreement between Funi and the company that makes the cards in Japan is one of the reasons why they haven't shown up yet. Personally, if the cards do come to America, I hope that they include "manga" card versions of
Spoiler:
Old 2006-09-13, 23:24   Link #247
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I got the Negima 2007 calendar from Funimation licensed through Kodansha.
Its the currently released season one style but it has a lot of nice pics. I'll try to scan the more interesting ones for a "thumbnail" preview.

Noticeable are the absences: No Kaede or Tatsumiya as well as the other "backgrounders" (no Sayo either).
However, there are some nice ones - I particularly like the one of Setsuna, Yui, Nodoka, and Makie in their pactio "team" outfits (witch, winged warrior, cloaked librarian, and swirly snapping gymnastics).
Old 2006-09-13, 23:28   Link #248
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
However, there are some nice ones - I particularly like the one of Setsuna, Yui, Nodoka, and Makie in their pactio "team" outfits (witch, winged warrior, cloaked librarian, and swirly snapping gymnastics).
Previews from this month has a wall scroll with (I think) that same thing - I've been thinking about ordering it.
Old 2006-10-17, 15:57   Link #249
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Just finished up watching the third DVD that arrived at the weekend, and thus being able to rewatch one of my fav' episode in its all mighty DVD quality - episode 14. I actually adore what they've done to that lil' story, taken it out.. and added bonus content to make it stand out more then the manga version. Having Konoka drink Negi's trial-spell with its amazing turn outs make's my love for Konoka stand so strong - and gesh, so moe. Though, Ayaka's over the top madness makes the episode.. i've never seen a character as crazy as she can be, so good. :3
Old 2006-10-25, 21:22   Link #250
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

ok i feel cheated. why was there a monkey in box 3? i was expecting yue
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-25, 21:49   Link #251
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'd forgotten about the "drunken Konoka" sequence... that was one of the worthwhle bits. Rooboy's remarks on the dubbed version being a lot funnier makes me at least want to rent it just to see what they've done (fat chance on that I bet).

I really wish the manufacturers had continued those figurine sets of the whole class (both the 1/8 and "pocketsize" accurate ones). I was all set to collect the lot of them ... bleh.
Old 2006-10-26, 19:27   Link #252
deathsSt4lker

better

the first sereis was alot better the new 1 is changed for example the girl that has different eye coulers they are the same in the new series and the ghost girl gets heard erlier in the story
deathsSt4lker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-27, 05:33   Link #253
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit View Post
It would of made sense if the third model was of Yue (her being on the front of the box and all), but i can easily say, i'm just as happy with Ayaka. <3
Old 2006-10-27, 08:59   Link #254
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit View Post
I actually preferred Ayaka (I wasn't even expecting her to get a figurine - if you can't tell, Ayaka is my fave) to Yue, but I can't figure out why she got a monkey either. You'd think that Konoka would get a monkey. I would have thought Ayaka would have gotten a little bundle of roses.

In other news: the maid dusted a couple of weeks ago and now I can't find Asuna's fan so I expect I'll be losing the monkey any day anyway.
Old 2006-10-27, 16:09   Link #255
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooboy666 View Post
I would have thought Ayaka would have gotten a little bundle of roses.
Or at least a lil' Negi. :3
Old 2006-10-27, 16:45   Link #256
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathsSt4lker View Post
the first sereis was alot better the new 1 is changed for example the girl that has different eye coulers they are the same in the new series and the ghost girl gets heard erlier in the story
A number of us miss Asuna's eyecolor change. There's some speculation that she may get it after some magic nonsense later on but nothing known for sure.

Again, the news scoop girl *thought* she heard voices... then she decided she was mishearing something. Watch it again more carefully.

If that's all you can come up with, then "better" is questionable. The producers titled this Negima!? for a reason. The author and the team wanted to RETELL the story slightly differently. Already they've zoomed ahead the way Ken wanted to in the manga but was overruled by the publisher.

I liked the manga a lot.. but the first series had a lot of serious problems in addition to *not* following the manga very well for the first half and then diverging completely in the second half. So far the new series actually feels a bit more like the manga in spirit than the old series.
Old 2006-10-27, 16:48   Link #257
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Or at least a lil' Negi. :3
Ohmygosh, she needed a little collection of _pictures_ of Negi like she had in the Dodgeball episode - great thinking! (I may actually make her some next weekend! )
Old 2006-10-27, 16:55   Link #258
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooboy666 View Post
Ohmygosh, she needed a little collection of _pictures_ of Negi like she had in the Dodgeball episode - great thinking! (I may actually make her some next weekend! )
There's no way i can just let my lil' Ayaka go along without the same present - i believe i'll have to do the same as well. :3
Old 2006-11-21, 17:50   Link #259
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Hello all I have question about the first season of MSN...Do you all believe its worth it to watch if someone is currently reading the manga and watching the new series?

I ask because I only recently strarted watching the new series and the characters/setting intrigued me so much that I wound up buying every single manga volume realeased aswell as finding all the up to date chapters that arent out here yet.

But...From the few screens ive seen the animation quality for the original series looks rather...horrid. I guess maybe I was spoiled by the OVA and the new series I dont know...

In any case do you all think its worth it to bother or just stick with the manga and negima?!
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-21, 17:54   Link #260
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Well, i'm one of the fans that love the original series - sure its nothing compared to the manga, but it keeps the same charm that i loved from the manga. I'd say its not fare to even compare it to the new series.. completely different.

If you find any interest in it, give it a chance~