AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kanon

Notices

View Poll Results: Kanon - 2006 - Episode 24 Rating
Perfect 10 152 58.24%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 60 22.99%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 7.28%
7 out of 10 : Good 18 6.90%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 3.07%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.38%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.15%
Voters: 261. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-03-20, 05:03   Link #301
Skane
Anime Snark

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowJT View Post
but was the whole series just a dream?
No. It was not.
Old 2007-03-20, 05:51   Link #302
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
but was the whole series just a dream?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
No. It was not.
What!? Ayu is not dreaming this before her wedding day? That haircut certainly counts as a nightmare.

Yep, snowJT, I have to agree with Skane. It's not a dream.
Old 2007-03-20, 07:47   Link #303
yura`

When I first started watching Kanon, and from what I had garnered about the show from the forum and anime blogs, I expected it to be one huge emotional train wreck, with lots of tears, but as the show progressed, I realized that it's not so much about the sadness and tears, but more about life and miracles, and simply about hope and positively waiting. It makes more sense for the ending that way.

As a first-time watcher to Kanon, I have to say I love it. Although the pacing for this last episode didn't quite do it in for me, it was beautiful, especially Ayu's monologue during the montage of seasons on the screen. But most of all I have to commend Yuuichi's seiyuu, who really brought out the pain and grief in his voice before Mai drops in (without Sayuri). It couldn't have been more touching and emotional as he dropped to his knees and cried.

My favourite part of this episode has to be when little Yuuichi says to little Ayu (at 19:18): "Come on. Let's go." It just seemed almost perfect, and little Yuuichi's seiyuu did a marvellous job.

The BGM is absolutely beautiful, and I thought for most part of the series, it fitted in well. I'm going to miss Kanon, with all its characters. It is a bittersweet ending, for me, at least, especially with Makoto not being there. Despite her "irritating" and immature-like demeanor, I didn't realize how attached I've become to her character until the end, when KyoAni threw in a couple of scenes with her in the background, so subtle, but yet so powerful.

Just my two cents!
Old 2007-03-20, 08:34   Link #304
guuchan
Mou Nakanai~
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
Now that I've rewatched the series, I'm pretty sure Ayu's final wish was not for Yuuichi's happiness. I don't think that wish makes sense anymore.
As I mentioned before in this thread, to me, it's just something KyoAni came up to cover for their "everyone-is-happy" ending. In the end, it's just a guess/feeling from Shiori, we never know what Ayu's wish truly is, as in the series. Game's fans can't exactly complain since it's never confirmed by Ayu or U1 in the episode.

Just like FatPianoBoy, I am interested in hearing your elaboration on it though.
Old 2007-03-20, 08:39   Link #305
Skane
Anime Snark

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by yura` View Post
~ My favourite part of this episode has to be when little Yuuichi says to little Ayu (at 19:18): "Come on. Let's go." It just seemed almost perfect, and little Yuuichi's seiyuu did a marvellous job. ~
I strongly agree with this.

Cheers.
Old 2007-03-20, 09:02   Link #306
snowJT

but who was ayu if she was in the hospital the whole time
Old 2007-03-20, 09:13   Link #307
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
but who was ayu if she was in the hospital the whole time

Reading the rest of this very thread would be very informative.

Cheers.
Old 2007-03-20, 12:24   Link #308
Xelios
Einsamer Heissblüter

Send a message via ICQ to Xelios Send a message via MSN to Xelios
I read allways the "U1"... what das means this????
Old 2007-03-20, 12:27   Link #309
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Yuuichi.

Yuu = U
ichi = 1
Yuuichi = U1

It's a name meme (and not a particularly original one).

EDIT: YES!!! I _NEVER_ beat Riker!

Last edited by rooboy; 2007-03-20 at 12:40.
Old 2007-03-20, 12:27   Link #310
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Yuiichi's nick. Read "U ichi". :3

[Edit]: Nuuuuuu~~ rooboy!!! ;__;
Old 2007-03-20, 12:27   Link #311
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Yuuichi : U pronounced as in English, + 1 in japanese (ichi)

EDIT : OMG triple answer
Old 2007-03-20, 12:33   Link #312
Xelios
Einsamer Heissblüter

Uhm... thanks to all you Nice wordgame

btw: little off topic.. other wordgame, hope you get it: Go6
Old 2007-03-20, 14:00   Link #313
guuchan
Mou Nakanai~
*Fansubber

I believe it's originated from K1 (Keiichi) in AMG. K1 is so widely used that it's even officially acknowledged and appeared in the second anime season.
Old 2007-03-20, 15:22   Link #314
Raniie

Lol, at least the 3 of you that answered his question isn't exactly the same, but each additional answer give more clarification about why we call him U1 for short.
Old 2007-03-20, 15:28   Link #315
Xelios
Einsamer Heissblüter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raniie View Post
Lol, at least the 3 of you that answered his question isn't exactly the same, but each additional answer give more clarification about why we call him U1 for short.
You may call this teamwork
Old 2007-03-20, 16:08   Link #316
snowJT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post

Reading the rest of this very thread would be very informative.

Cheers.
where can I go to find out
Old 2007-03-20, 16:37   Link #317
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

... the rest of THIS thread? (start at page 1, it really doesn't take very long)
Old 2007-03-20, 17:35   Link #318
Meophist

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy View Post
I was beginning to think I was the only person who noticed this. Do elaborate, please, and I'll add my thoughts after yours.
And I was hoping somebody else would elaborate for me. Well, I didn't elaborate then because it was late and I wanted to go to sleep early. Now, I've got time, I guess. Not very good at these things though.

The first wish Ayu attempted was "forget about me". Yuuichi rejected this wish. As for the second wish, how would "Yuuichi to be happy" make much sense? It's basically the same wish again, but worded different. It's not exactly what Yuuichi wanted for Ayu to wish for.

Argh, I'm no good with these things. I don't know if I'm making any sense.
Old 2007-03-20, 17:47   Link #319
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
The first wish Ayu attempted was "forget about me". Yuuichi rejected this wish. As for the second wish, how would "Yuuichi to be happy" make much sense? It's basically the same wish again, but worded different. It's not exactly what Yuuichi wanted for Ayu to wish for.
Hmm... well, it depends on how you take it. Yes, Ayu's first attempt was a drive at trying to make Yuuichi happy, but he basically told her that forgetting about her wasn't a way he'd accept. So, if her driving goal in the last wish was still "I want to make Yuuichi happy", but having him forget her isn't an option, then the other option would be to make the rest of his life happy so that at least his painful memories would be eaisier to live with. In this case, it was suggested that this took the form of the miraculous quick and full recovery of his close friends and family -- i.e. returning to a normal life. "Being Happy" was a wish she figured he had the power to grant for her assuming the other circumstances in his life were happy. That's the theory, anyway...
Old 2007-03-20, 18:48   Link #320
Meophist

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Hmm... well, it depends on how you take it. Yes, Ayu's first attempt was a drive at trying to make Yuuichi happy, but he basically told her that forgetting about her wasn't a way he'd accept. So, if her driving goal in the last wish was still "I want to make Yuuichi happy", but having him forget her isn't an option, then the other option would be to make the rest of his life happy so that at least his painful memories would be eaisier to live with. In this case, it was suggested that this took the form of the miraculous quick and full recovery of his close friends and family -- i.e. returning to a normal life. "Being Happy" was a wish she figured he had the power to grant for her assuming the other circumstances in his life were happy. That's the theory, anyway...
I think we're having different interpretations in why Yuuichi rejected the first wish.

I wish I knew how to better explain myself, though.
Closed Thread