AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

View Poll Results: Valvrave the Liberator - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 56 47.46%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 32 27.12%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 14.41%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 5.93%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.54%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.85%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.69%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-07-03, 01:20   Link #461
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Honestly the only thing this show is missing(in relation to Gundam} is the pilots screaming and bloviating their idealistic RAWR...

So far its been all tactical self-preservation verses conquest, but what's promising is once elements shown in the finale are revealed more, we'll get that level of intense dialogue during the battles that elevates everything...
Old 2013-07-04, 13:29   Link #462
whispo
The Reaper

I just realised why I had such an empty feeling this morning .... NO VALVRAVE TODAY
Old 2013-07-07, 14:40   Link #463
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

I watched the last episode to season one two times today in order to grasp what truly happened.

I'm honest to say that the battles were satisfying, though not of epic proportion. However, what was compelling was the countdown setting with drill making its way to the upper deck level, threatening the rest of the civilians onboard in Module 77 with the poison gas.
Furthermore, I truly enjoyed all the drama exchange between Shoko and Akira, as her memories made clear the kind of s*** that she went through that, ultimately, caused her to become recluse and then into a sort of agoraphobic hikkikomori.

The inner battle for Akira was struggling against herself either to remain recluse and just be an spectator, or forcing herself into the outside world to meet up with Shoko's invitation. Nothing better than a life-or-dead situation with a hulk of a drill causing mayhem and trapping your first friend from the outside to literally pressure to the limit and want to go outside.

Her becoming pilot to Valvrave unit 6 was already prepared setting, but in my opinion, I felt that all the tragic chain of events executed in this episode were fairly setup so as for her to actually becoming the Valvrave pilot, and that Valvrave suits her with the expertise weapon to hack into any system thus literally saving both Shoko along with Module 77.

Now, we move to the part with Cain, and he proved how and why L-Elf can't best him. Guys, yes, it's definitely given that L-Elf has or not a sort of personal grudge against Cain. I coment upon this, because since this show started L-Elf always upheld that stoic demeanor meaning business and seriousness; the calculating type that prioritizes all of his methods based on reading and anticipating the human mind and its effects.
Today, for the final episode I saw a L-Elf partially ruled by his emotions when he confronted Cain. The cold-minded L-Elf would surely have immediately devised different methods to deal against Cain from a vantage point.

Cain got the upper hand at first, but with Unit 6's unexpected intromission, then his plans to take Unit 1 went to smoke. Unfortunately, neither Haruto nor L-Elf could have predicted Cain playing out the non-Human "wild" card.

Spoiler:
Old 2013-07-08, 00:10   Link #464
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

Wink

No Valvrave, no fun. Anyways, I knew it! Haruto, Maou and Staz share the same seiyuu. No wonder I enjoy watching Blood Lad. Another vampire story lol.
Old 2013-07-08, 09:03   Link #465
Fjoergyn

Perhaps Cain is the murderer of parents L-Elf. I have the impression that the revolution of which he speaks is more a personal problem mixed with the mess of Princess.
Old 2013-07-12, 04:52   Link #466
bones

Having watched the episode again, I think that Saki acts more like a grandmother than a mother. I guess it's the reliving the past thing which gives me that impression, reminds me of the ending scene of Mass Effect 3.
Old 2013-07-12, 14:17   Link #467
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post

Now, we move to the part with Cain, and he proved how and why L-Elf can't best him. Guys, yes, it's definitely given that L-Elf has or not a sort of personal grudge against Cain. I coment upon this, because since this show started L-Elf always upheld that stoic demeanor meaning business and seriousness; the calculating type that prioritizes all of his methods based on reading and anticipating the human mind and its effects.
Today, for the final episode I saw a L-Elf partially ruled by his emotions when he confronted Cain. The cold-minded L-Elf would surely have immediately devised different methods to deal against Cain from a vantage point.

Cain got the upper hand at first, but with Unit 6's unexpected intromission, then his plans to take Unit 1 went to smoke. Unfortunately, neither Haruto nor L-Elf could have predicted Cain playing out the non-Human "wild" card.

Spoiler:

Cain is obviously a Magius just as Haruto and friends are. I too agree that L-elf might have a personal grudge against him. Even when L-elf's plans got turned around in the beginning of the series, he took it in stride and actually logically went through each point of what happened to see what went wrong and how to correct it. However, he just can't keep up with Cain, who not only taught L-elf everything, but has had him as his student for many years. Cain knows L-elf and how he thinks. He knows all of his students and knows how to turn their strengths and weaknesses against them.

This actually makes me worry about H-neun and any treachery he might be planning. Cain will of course already know beforehand, and I can't see H-neun get any sort of upper hand. The blond can't even think about defeating L-11, much less Cain.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-07-18, 06:07   Link #468
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

1. I like how Rukino brushed up Haruto's proposal.. hopefully no one will regret this later

2. L-elf got pawned easily by his teacher... and Haruto-L-elf formed a good combination based on trust

3. Akira is the highlight of the show.. the way she saved everyone is epic!!! that hacking mobile suit is HAX!!!

4. The end of first season leave a great cliffhanger.... at least now we know the true enemies
Closed Thread