AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Vampire Knight

Notices

View Poll Results: Vampire Knight Guilty Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 6 28.57%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 5 23.81%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 28.57%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 9.52%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 9.52%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-11-03, 17:05   Link #1
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Vampire Knight Guilty - Episode 5 Discussion/Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Vampire Knight Guilty, Episode 5.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2008-11-03, 19:15   Link #2
Starry Dust
Lurkin' in ur threadz.

I personally found it rushed in the beginning ( probably to just emphasize the second confrontation of Yuuki and Kaname ) but the transitions from scene to scene bugged me.

I didn't feel that satisfied when they did my most two favorites moments from the series.
:[

Then again, what can I expect? lol
Anywayz, average/good episode. Animation was a bit wonky but kept up throughout the episode. I only watched it raw so obviously the only thing I understood in Japanese was Kaname saying "I love you" lol xD

Ugh...I'm just itching for us to hit "that" part now.
If you read the manga, you know what I'm talking about ^__~
Old 2008-11-03, 20:16   Link #3
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I could make a similar criticism to what BunnyCupCakes said: that it sometimes seemed rushed. But... The tremendous emotional effects the whole thing had on me are hard to criticize, though, so I won't. Maybe it only seemed rushed because I wanted more of every scene.

I haven't been a big fan of how Horie Yui has handled the character, but she did some of the emotional moments in this episode extremely well, I thought.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2008-11-03 at 21:16.
Old 2008-11-03, 20:33   Link #4
Mirakuru

Spoiler for ep5:
Old 2008-11-03, 20:52   Link #5
fainessae
7 years bad luck

lol, like everyone else, I feel things are being rushed too much. I really don't understand the amount of rushing and changing; it just seems too extreme. I hope that things begin to slow down a bit soon; it'd make the story flow much more smoothly ;_;

Animation was as poor as always; I feel like I have nothing but complaints for the anime. I was a bit surprised with the things they chose to cut out from the counterpart manga scenes, and I was also surprised by a few of the things they added in. So confusing. ;D

@Mirakuru - You're not alone in feeling there was quite a bit of Zero in this episode. I've been a bit surprised myself at how much Zero has been popping up; I generally consider this section the Kaname/Yuuki section of the story. But for all of this, there's a lot of Zero that they've cut out/altered, which is a bit surprising given how much he keeps popping up in spite of this.

Yuuki's reactions this episode were a bit more extreme than I expected, but I enjoyed them nonetheless.
Old 2008-11-05, 05:34   Link #6
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

This episode does feel rushed. Especially the part of Zero meeting Kaname and then bites him. Weird transitions...

Ichiru finally enters the school...I want more Zero and Ichiru interaction!

Well, Kaname confesses his love for Yuki, and tries to avoid the subject of Yuki's past. Poor Zero....he doesn't look so happy at all
Old 2008-11-06, 18:49   Link #7
sedukshun
kimee ~

I think I'm starting to hate Kaname more and more...

Yuuki isn't happy... but she is just confused I guess... Silly girl

My love goes to Zero, Kaname is getting on my nerves ¬_¬
Old 2008-11-06, 22:44   Link #8
xoxobleach

'm glad yuki finds it weird why kanama loves her...i still dun get why he does also even while reading the manga till 44.
Old 2008-11-07, 15:35   Link #9
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Well like everyone i felt it was a bit rushed they actually tried to cram a lot of things including Yuuki's emotions and Kaname's emotions and it kind of worked out ok. I couldnt help but to feel weird during this episode like something was out of place. Oh well Zero is going through some rough times right now and the introduction of Ichiru in the school leads to a scene that i hope they do well because it really is the culmination of everything the twins have gone through and for the first time in a long time you actually see some brotherly love.

We are getting closer and closer to the truth of Yuuki's past and i thikn a lot of people will find it quite interesting. Once again a lot of the waking dreams and symbols including the OP and ED give many hints away that is once aspect of the series that i like i just dont like how rushed things seemed to be getting at this point.
Old 2008-11-07, 18:41   Link #10
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by fainessae View Post

Yuuki's reactions this episode were a bit more extreme than I expected, but I enjoyed them nonetheless.
they also made Zero role more emotionally involved than in the manga. This is one of those cases where the Anime is far superior than the manga. It is amazing how a few little changes made everything more dramatic. I wish I had not read the manga because now I am disappointed about the possible pairings.
Old 2008-11-09, 14:08   Link #11
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Ooo, spoiler! Not that I mind, since I'm a manga reader, but I think you've crushed the excitement for plenty of others :P

As for the episode itself.. no major complaints, only too much Zero. Wherever you look, there's Zero. Give Kaname and Yuuki some alone time already.
Old 2008-11-09, 19:33   Link #12
SkoolRumble4Ya

Who does Yuki really love sometimes it feels like she likes Zero and other times she likes Kaname.
Old 2008-11-09, 19:44   Link #13
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkoolRumble4Ya View Post
Who does Yuki really love sometimes it feels like she likes Zero and other times she likes Kaname.
She loves Kaname as a man and Zero as a brother. Of course, both Zero and Kaname see yuuki as a woman. Now, things might change once certain big event happens, her feelings might change.
Old 2008-11-10, 19:40   Link #14
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Rondo Night V. The Subordinate's Trap ~Trap~

At first I felt uncomfortable at how the pacing to reveal Yuuki's past was rushing up in a hurry, but I recalled how in the last season Yuuki grew-up from that naive little girl, who always admired Kaname as her dear saviour, into a conflicted teenager torn by the fact that her dear Kaname has been lying to her concealing the truth of her memories.

The cliffhanger at the end was surprisingly gripping, and the development that led to Yuuki's confrontation with Kaname was solidly engaging and immersive.

Spoiler:
Old 2008-11-11, 14:54   Link #15
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
they also made Zero role more emotionally involved than in the manga. This is one of those cases where the Anime is far superior than the manga. It is amazing how a few little changes made everything more dramatic. I wish I had not read the manga because now I am disappointed about the possible pairings.
Im a little nervous about the pairings too but im not counted my chicken before they hatch. I have a sinking feeling that someone is not destined to survive at the end. I know that Yuuki will survive but there is not enough room for Zero and Kaname. I know what pair im pulling for but I will keep that my secret for now.