AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > AnoHana

Notices

View Poll Results: AnoHana - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 30 37.50%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 35.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 18.75%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 7.50%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.25%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-05-26, 21:18   Link #21
darkmanure

Oh man I can't wait. I have been curious about Menma's family since the start.
Old 2011-05-26, 21:39   Link #22
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Another brilliant episode. Great follow-up from the previous one which one relatively lighthearted. Lots of sweet moments between Jintan and Anjou for Jintan x Anjou shippers, but my personal favourite moment was when Menma "turned on the lights" for Jintan whilst he was doing construction work.

Looks like there's going to be an obstacle that the Super Peace Busters needs to pass - Menma's dad. I have a feeling though Menma's mother is going to soften up his stance though.

Last edited by Pocari_Sweat; 2011-05-26 at 22:12.
Old 2011-05-26, 22:21   Link #23
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Excellent episode.

Spoiler for Episode 7:

Last edited by Triple_R; 2011-05-26 at 22:31.
Old 2011-05-26, 23:11   Link #24
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Spoiler for 7:
Old 2011-05-26, 23:43   Link #25
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Another great episode, love the character developments and relationship developments between Jintan and Anaru.
Old 2011-05-27, 00:15   Link #26
Riga92
The Spear of Destiny

Those Jintan x Anaru moments.

And Menmom confirmed for final boss. Will Jintan and the gang be able to fufill Menma's wish?
Old 2011-05-27, 00:27   Link #27
Sebasu
~

Spoiler for ep7:
Old 2011-05-27, 01:01   Link #28
deadite

The arm Menma is holding in the preview is her father's who is about to beat Jinta for taking his little girl from her. DRAMA!
Old 2011-05-27, 01:43   Link #29
icatero
well, okay

This episode makes me wonder if Yukiatsu knows Tsuruko actually likes him. Her (slightly) surprised expression when he asked her if she wanted to go out with him + her wearing the hairclip made me feel bad for her. I think I'm a bigger fan of this pairing than Jintan/Anaru. Having my two most favorite characters would be amazing.
Old 2011-05-27, 02:10   Link #30
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I like how little things keep unlocking memories for the group. Reading through the diary reminded them about visiting Jinta's mom which lead to the fireworks. Some strange questions though about Menma asking them to meet up. If she wanted to keep it a secret from Jintan then why was he there? Plus makes you wonder what she wanted to talk about in the first place.

Will agree about the nice developments with Jintan and Anaru. Bringing the nicknames back is a good sign. Also good to see him stepping up for Anaru once again. His interferences can be a bit awkward to watch, but they do cheer Anaru right up afterwards. Who knows how things will turn out, but still nice developments.

Do feel a bit for Tsuruko. Her feelings are pretty clear, but that guy can be tough to deal with. Hopefully things will work out for her.

Of course the biggest obstacle against helping Menma is Menma's family (parts of it). Group will have to stand together on this.
Old 2011-05-27, 03:24   Link #31
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Heh as someone who rarely attends his college classes, I can speak from experience that jintan's claims about the snowball effect are correct. Don't let yourselves fall into that trap guys .

Anyhow, it was another wonderful episode from this series. It just flows so naturally. I like the character development provided. Really, such a lovable cast. 9/10.
Old 2011-05-27, 03:30   Link #32
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Heh as someone who rarely attends his college classes, I can speak from experience that jintan's claims about the snowball effect are correct. Don't let yourselves fall into that trap guys .
Looks like you need a tsundere to get you motivated
Old 2011-05-27, 03:40   Link #33
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by acejem View Post
Looks like you need a tsundere to get you to commit suicide
FYP... That's just how it rolls.

Edit: But that's just me on tsunderes.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-05-27, 04:23   Link #34
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

By telling "Honma-san" they could actually refer either to the father or the mother. They showed us the mother saying weird things at the end, but the preview for this episode was definitely hinting at the father. So was the last scene the truth about the "final boss", or a red herring? Which one is the Honma-san the group needs to face now? Yet another cliffhanger.

Menma's mother had already referred to her daugther as "onee-chan", if you check episode 1. When Menma visits her house and the glass falls, you hear the father scolding his son, but at the same time Menma's mother says "nee-chan?" as to imply: "did you just drop that glass, Menma?"
Old 2011-05-27, 04:45   Link #35
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Alright, I finished the episode. I think the highlight of this show is every time Anaru starts laughing at Jintan for overacting. They make quite a hillarious duo.

And they finally found out Menma's wish. Well, now up the long road.

Solid, and fun episode. It's nice to see everyone come together-- 9/10

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-05-27, 05:01   Link #36
_theBlue

Apparently I saw this on the site I'm watching AnoHana

Quote:
” Plus, it’s kind of tiring to be around you.” but that’s not what Tsuruko meant… she said “It’s very hard to keep up with you”. She studies hard to be close to Yukiatsu, but the translator didn’t understand that. It was a sweet moment to show how much Tsuruko cares about Yukiatsu but the sub ruined it.
I just love Yukiatsu and Tsuruko together. And I'm srsly torn between Jinta/Anaru and Jinta/Menma. D;
Old 2011-05-27, 05:11   Link #37
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was the best episode in a long time. A nice break from all the drama. We needed a breather, and this episode was perfect.

I've started that despite how cute she is (and she really was adorable in this episode), I don't really care about Menma herself. I'm far more interested in Jintan, Anal, Yukiatsu and Tsukurou. I like Poppo too, but the poor dude's such a fifth wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Excellent episode.

Spoiler for Episode 7:
100% agreed on all accounts. Menma tearing up a bit instead of turning on the water-works made all the difference to me. It made it more genuine and less forced as you said.

I really really loved all the Jintan x Anal moments. It feels great to see them gradually get closer; although at this point, rather than getting closer, it would be more accurate to say they are going back to the way they were. Kind of wish Jinta hadn't started calling her Anal again though. That is such a terrible nickname
It was also good to see Jinta work so hard for Menma. This episode showcased why he was the leader of their group: he cares about others, is a hardworker, and isn't afraid to stand up to others to protect his friends, even if it means getting himself into troubles (total opposite of Yukiatsu ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by icatero View Post
This episode makes me wonder if Yukiatsu knows Tsuruko actually likes him. Her (slightly) surprised expression when he asked her if she wanted to go out with him + her wearing the hairclip made me feel bad for her. I think I'm a bigger fan of this pairing than Jintan/Anaru. Having my two most favorite characters would be amazing.
I'm sure Yukiatsu knows about her feelings. However, since he still hasn't forgotten about Menma and therefore can't respond to them, he's trying not to address the issue for the time being. I think he likes her a lot too, but as long as he can't move past Menma, he can't get with her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
And they finally found out Menma's wish. Well, now up the long road.
I seriously doubt that is her wish. Seems kind of pointless to make those fireworks now that Jinta's mother is dead anyway...

The wish will most likely have to do with what she wanted to tell the gang. She intended to keep Jinta out of the loop, so I'm guessing it was a present for him or something along those lines.
Old 2011-05-27, 05:38   Link #38
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Just wondering: Am I just naive, or are high school boys in Japan always ready to openly talk about how they want to "do it" with some girl they randomly encounter? I know sex is a common topic among that age, but she can like, hear you? My experience is that testosterone doesn't turn boys into jerks...well, not on the street anyway.

Episode Impressions:

Good episode. Looks like Irene is going to be an obstacle to fulfilling Menma's wish. I'm looking forward to seeing whether she is a manipulative woman or not.

I'm also enjoying the Yukiatsu and Tsuroko interactions reminds me a lot of how interactions between characters in Cross Game goes.

Last edited by winhlp32; 2011-05-27 at 07:43.
Old 2011-05-27, 07:19   Link #39
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

So... Menmama blames them for Menma's death?
Old 2011-05-27, 07:25   Link #40
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Excellent episode.

Spoiler for Episode 7:
Agree with this completely but I also want to add that it was also great seeing Tsuruko and Yukiatsu interact more aswell. I wouldn't mind them getting together either.

Also, it was great seeing all those posters in the shop. XD
Closed Thread