AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2005-01-03, 03:51   Link #1
Korb
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Korb Send a message via AIM to Korb Send a message via MSN to Korb
Magical Canan

Watched the RAW of episode 1 today. I'm not sure what to think really. It looks like yet another stereotypical moe magical girl series with panties shots, arms across bare breasts, and little furry animals from another universe/dimension that at bathtime become the envy of lolicons everywhere. It felt very much like a Nanoha clone. I know there was a hentai OAV of the same name (only it was spelled Kanan), but I don't know how the two are connected, if at all. Anybody else watch this? Any groups thinking of subbing this? Not sure if I'll stick with this series beyond a few weeks myself, although if this winds up being another slow season for subs like the last one was, I may watch it just to pass the time.

Official site: www.magical-canan.com
Old 2005-01-03, 03:57   Link #2
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

I haven't seen it yet but I'm a huge fan of Terios' artstyles (I have many non-h shitajiki from it). Sadly we don't get that here. I've recently "come out" of the mahou shojo closet and slopily looked for a raw (to no avail) but I am looking forward to it. I watched the H version (and SP) and didn't find it that great but many H-animes/games I like far less than their non-h counterparts.

I almost thought it was the soultaker guy's work from some of the promo art.
Old 2005-01-03, 04:19   Link #3
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

haven't watched it yet, supposedly it's a non-h adaptation of the h-anime, which in turn is an adaptation of the h-game... but I'm not sure how they are gonna take out the h part of the OVA...
Old 2005-01-03, 05:45   Link #4
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Add more loli-ecchi comedy then? Of course, if it does follow the H title then I'm going to wonder how they are going to pull off the part dealing with the girl's 'power upgrade'?
Old 2005-01-03, 13:55   Link #5
Lost Souls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner of Anime
Add more loli-ecchi comedy then? Of course, if it does follow the H title then I'm going to wonder how they are going to pull off the part dealing with the girl's 'power upgrade'?

Most likely they'll leave it at a smooch. Though i serieously doubt it'll be any good, i mean lets face it, the original was nothing but a sex fest. First of all they'd have to come up with a proper story line, since the original had none :P
Old 2005-01-03, 18:21   Link #6
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

I can't back myself up with a h-anime/non-h anime transition but one of the more in-your-face h-games I've ever played was Popotan and it's anime, while still a bit ecchi, was still beautifully told with an awesome story. That consoles me a bit about this show.
Old 2005-01-03, 21:06   Link #7
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

So far I like Magical Canan a whole lot better than Nanoha--for one thing, there's no weird experimental animation. The main character (Chihaya) has a much cuter, less annoying voice, and I like the shoujo mascot/requisite boy more than his counterpart in Nanoha. The artwork looks ugly at times, but I'll stick with this for at least a couple of episodes.
Old 2005-01-04, 02:04   Link #8
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
haven't watched it yet, supposedly it's a non-h adaptation of the h-anime, which in turn is an adaptation of the h-game... but I'm not sure how they are gonna take out the h part of the OVA...
"Magical Canan" was an ero-game released by Terios in 1998. It did pretty modest sales...however it tends to be overlooked due to the major hit ero-game "Kanon" from Key which was released in the same year. If you decide to whether or not to play this game, I would recommend it as it is very interesting to get to the real "true end."

But since its sales did pretty well, it was adapted into an ero-anime OVA "Septem Charm~Magical Canan~" in 2000, released by a company called LemonHeart. The erotic scenes in this OVA was very well animated, it did leave a certain mark.

But rather than just go to waste because it has sex scenes is kind of sad. The story and plot of the original game is rather well portrayed, which is what made Terio an established softhouse.

Hence, we now have "Magical Canan" the TV version. Enjoy. I presume you will like the story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus IX
So far I like Magical Canan a whole lot better than Nanoha--for one thing, there's no weird experimental animation. The main character (Chihaya) has a much cuter, less annoying voice, and I like the shoujo mascot/requisite boy more than his counterpart in Nanoha. The artwork looks ugly at times, but I'll stick with this for at least a couple of episodes.
Chihaya's voice is done by Hirohashi Ryo, who is most famous for her acting as Naegino Sora in "Kaleidostar"

Last edited by kj1980; 2005-01-04 at 02:18.
Old 2005-01-04, 03:32   Link #9
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

And here people were betting on Haruka Momoi getting the part It's certainly in the right territory for her

Magical Canan as the OVA is a bit bigger than that. Had another series made not long after the first [fewer blatent exploitation scenes] and I guess the animation can't faulted. But we already have a bad taste in our mouth on another hentai to mainstream crossover [Mezzo DSA: >_< suck title for 2004] that being leary of the pedigree is required.

Anyway, Hirohashi Ryo taking on the lead isn't a bad thing. She's one of the rare few seiyuu appearing in the last 3 years whose work I look forward to.
Old 2005-01-04, 09:16   Link #10
H2-FumoGuu
パンツ。。。好き

Net Runner and Canan TV have both brought shame to Rokku.
Closed Thread