AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Monster

Notices

View Poll Results: What rating would u give it?
0/10 4 1.67%
1/10 1 0.42%
2/10 1 0.42%
3/10 0 0%
4/10 1 0.42%
5/10 2 0.83%
6/10 4 1.67%
7/10 17 7.08%
8/10 - 9/10 31 12.92%
9/10 - 10/10 (one piece/Naruto/Fma level) 179 74.58%
Voters: 240. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2004-08-31, 02:32   Link #61
FireBorn

My ratings

I'd give:

Chobits 6.5
Onegai Teacher 7
Onegai Twins 7
Naruto 8.5
Full Metal Alchemist 9
Hunter X Hunter 9
Berserk 9
Monster 10

Monster is basically beyond all other anime. If I could give it higher then 10 -- I would. I wouldn't even compare it to others like Naruto and such.
Old 2006-05-24, 17:58   Link #62
Geffrod

LMFAO. Now that the series is over, I think some people should post some apologies about being jackasses.

Monster > FMA > Naruto > Chobits

Or something like that... always with Monster on the top.

To think that only after 16-ish episodes some people had the foresight to see the greatness that is... Monster!!!
Old 2006-05-25, 12:40   Link #63
chaos_alfa

witch is better the anime or the manga of Monster?
Old 2006-05-27, 12:53   Link #64
Geffrod

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa
witch is better the anime or the manga of Monster?
Um, I'd have to say that the Monster Anime managed to add more emotion to certain parts, while the manga added more information to chew on. Which is better? Well, I'd say they both have their strengths and weaknesses. I'd say to you: watch the anime first, then read the manga.
Old 2006-05-30, 16:42   Link #65
saya
hi-chew addict

Send a message via MSN to saya
It depends on what some poeple go for really. I do agree though for me its always watch the anime then try the manga, e.g. chrono crusade for which iam collecting the manga series (which is a very good read!), unless only a manga series exists. Monster wouldnt be a masterpiece in my eyes if it wasnt for the voice acting, music, fantastic writing. Its not everyday an anime comes along which attempts to identify certain psychological aspects. The question which i tried to answer throughout the later part of the series was, how does a person turn into a monster?, was it neglect, confusion. Il be rewatching this series and try to underdstand it better and because its great ofcourse.
Old 2006-06-12, 17:18   Link #66
gaelle

10/10. It "almost" lives up to One Piece with a fewer episodes.

Last edited by gaelle; 2006-06-14 at 06:09.
Old 2006-06-14, 01:38   Link #67
uzumaki

Hopefully this series will inspire more of it's kind. Best anime I've seen so far. 10/10.

I think I may need smelling salts if 20cb is made into an anime (but then more waiting....X|)
Old 2006-06-26, 15:06   Link #68
ShikaShika
無罪

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repenter
If Naruto is 9-10 of 10, then Monster would get 50+ easily. Sorry, but that's not up there.

Neither has even completed their run yet, but from what they have so far...
Yup, if Naruto, One Piece and FMA are to be considered at the top of the scale, then Monster is far and beyond miles outside of the scale. (Well FMA is good, minus the movie. No Monster though.)
Old 2006-07-28, 10:49   Link #69
Ombrenuit
Day Dreams...

Send a message via AIM to Ombrenuit Send a message via MSN to Ombrenuit
I do agree in the notion that this show is a work of art. It is my second favorite of all time and an experience that I will remember for the rest of my life. I hate to mention it, but in terms of maturity and story, Monster does exceed the typical "Naruto, FMA" etc. norm. This isn't a show that I think many Naruto fans would enjoy. It is very philisophical and psychological questioning humanity's relationship with hope and despair. If this were a work of literature, it would become a classic to be read by generations.
Old 2006-10-16, 11:12   Link #70
go12go12go13

What a shame to compare such a masterpiece with naruto...
9-10 is the only true option.
Old 2006-10-16, 11:32   Link #71
Gaia
ROW! ROW! FIGHT DA POWAH!
*Graphic Designer

Mh.. I've voted 9/10~10/10, because it's such a masterpiece in every single fact. There's nothing I dislike in MONSTER. It's on the top in my anime Top 10 together with Rurouni Kenshin Tsuiokuhen.
Naruto, Full Metal Alchemist, even BLEACH... MONSTER tops all of them. The locations, where the series takes place, are all non-fictional. All of them are exactly, how you can find them here in germany. I've already visited some of them, in the past (like Heidelberg Castle).
It's unbelivable, how those locations became manifested in the series.
Anyway, even if the series wouldn't take place in my home country, it wouldn't change anything. Simply a masterpiece of story, art and realism.

Aesir
Old 2006-10-17, 01:37   Link #72
Cooldude

10/10, after watching it again and reading the manga to understand everything (Which I do now)

The thing I love about Monster is the total realism of it, a lot of the reaction and actions of the characters are so realistic and so true it makes it believable.
Old 2006-12-08, 02:24   Link #73
faustIX

this is a very good anime. for the story development i'd give 11 ^^
Old 2007-01-08, 18:26   Link #74
Pendragon2879
The Incarnation of Chaos

Send a message via AIM to Pendragon2879
Monster was just on another level entirely. It has a completely different feel than FMA and Naruto, and almost any other popular series.
Old 2007-01-14, 04:40   Link #75
junfu
Anime Lover

Send a message via MSN to junfu
I will give Monster 200/100 if 100 is the full mark.

I only watched the anime of MONSTER, it is one of the best anime i have ever watched, firstly the opening theme song is "Grain" i have downloaded that song lol.
The anime is full of thrill and suspense.
The mindset of a character in this anime is ... iq above 200 to plot such a scheming plan ?
Liebert Johan disguised as his sister Fortner Nina which real name was Liebert Anna. I forgot why he did so but he is so scheming and everything was in his control.
To me he is not only a monster, he is the most menacing evil in all the anime.
This is my view, no offense, just friendly comments
Old 2007-01-31, 14:24   Link #76
Rurik
Golden

I finish the series and I need to give it a 10, this series left me impacted and its right now up there with my all time favorite. Great series from start to finish intelligent one.

I had Begun 20th century boys, as I heard from many people, this is as good (or better) than Monster.
Old 2007-04-15, 04:04   Link #77
rem

10/10 The best anime I've watched to date, and one of the best series I've watched period. The writing and character development were superb, and the way the animators/writers were able to capture the feel and the attitudes of 1990's German society was incredible. And the intricate plot was stunning... I almost feel like giving it a 10 is underrating it
Old 2007-04-21, 10:38   Link #78
Hunter Nin.

I only watched parts of the anime but the manga I would give a solid 9.5 out of 10
Old 2007-07-01, 00:51   Link #79
Liflime

10/10. This is the best anime series that I've watched in my enter life. The story is perfect, that's it. Madhouse never failed me.
Old 2007-07-05, 16:20   Link #80
daruichan
Gyapo!

Send a message via AIM to daruichan Send a message via MSN to daruichan
This series is above and beyond what Naruto, FMA, One Piece, Bleach and whatever other shows you want to name off could ever dream to be. It was so real, mature and impacting. The creator of this series is a genius for making such a fantastic plot, and I do believe it is one of the best, if not the best, anime series of all time.

All of the other anime series out there just seem like eye candy in comparison to it. It almost makes me weep to think about how horribly immature other anime seem after you watch this one.

(That being said, I still wholeheartedly love other anime series, such as Naruto, La Corda D'oro, etc. But Monster was just so powerful.)
Closed Thread