AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-10-10, 06:55   Link #22481
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
you could dip a toothpick into a thinner (nailpolish remover or a commercial thinner for acrylic paints, lighter fluid for enamel paints and so on) and scrape it off with that. that way you also dont apply enough thinner to damage the plastic.

Thx alot going to try it
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 06:58   Link #22482
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
but still... every other kit in the line has an effect part to make it look more awesome but the ginn just explodes^^ for some reason i find that highly amusing!
It's a Grunt mech. And Bandai had the sense to know it had little to no appeal next to the flashy Gundams.

They are also clever enough to know the that the versatility of that explosion effect will push the sales of the Ginn.

And I have to say the Aegis Scylla Cannon Shot looks like a huge Dick and will be expecting it to be the butt of penile jokes after various applications on other toys.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 07:58   Link #22483
firefox
Seed seeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
It's a Grunt mech. And Bandai had the sense to know it had little to no appeal next to the flashy Gundams.

They are also clever enough to know the that the versatility of that explosion effect will push the sales of the Ginn.

And I have to say the Aegis Scylla Cannon Shot looks like a huge Dick and will be expecting it to be the butt of penile jokes after various applications on other toys.
Sorry do completely disagree with you , but a standard mech that just blows up it hardly a good sale, just look at the terrible sales of the tieren versions in 00.

What makes a standard MS cool is when an ace pilots manages to hold it's own with it against a superior mecha (usually a gundam), like athrun did in the second seed destiny episode, or when Yzak beat the living daylights out of chaos gundam with his slash Zaku phantom.

Also gundam series nowadays have alot of gundams (seed probably has the most), which means mass production suits don't do anything significantly anymore and aren't piloted by important people such was the case in older series or sideseries.

And just for information I love the GINN!! It's a great design that far from the origional Zaku and the model kits are of great quality too
firefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 08:31   Link #22484
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefox View Post
just look at the terrible sales of the tieren versions in 00.
Well thats understandable, the tieren is a terrible gundam

Ok maybe with the expection of the ground type but even then it's hardly appealing compared to many other grunt types.

What Makube says has alot truth, altho doesn't mean people won't like grunt mechs, I do but they generally aren't half as appealing as the flashy stuff

And I'd think something like "I'd buy this gundam cause this one time I saw a ace pilot owning a special gundam with it" doesn't really hold much merit for most people looking for a nice looking model to build.
Old 2011-10-10, 08:36   Link #22485
suiton629
Master Grade Master

well~ let's hope for some more mg & sd 00 kits, and the mg age kits to come out soon
Old 2011-10-10, 08:47   Link #22486
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

the beauty of a grunt units ( in UC ,OO first season ) is to para phrase this famous saying “It's not the size of the MS in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the MS.”

I like the grunt units that fight tooth and nail against superior units the example that i can think of this is the stark jegan vs kshatriya
Old 2011-10-10, 08:54   Link #22487
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizerknight01 View Post
the beauty of a grunt units ( in UC ,OO first season ) is to para phrase this famous saying “It's not the size of the MS in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the MS.”

I like the grunt units that fight tooth and nail against superior units the example that i can think of this is the stark jegan vs kshatriya
exactly. without the grunt units even the most powerful gundam would fall.
they are also great for dioramas^^
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 08:56   Link #22488
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Sorry do completely disagree with you , but a standard mech that just blows up it hardly a good sale, just look at the terrible sales of the tieren versions in 00.
Are we on the same wavelength here ?

I was saying that people will buy the Ginn for that explosion effect, not the model itself and thus will push the sale of an otherwise mediocre, average looking unit.

I had not, in any case, mention anything about a Grunt unit selling well.
Old 2011-10-10, 08:59   Link #22489
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Quote:
exactly. without the grunt units even the most powerful gundam would fall.
they are also great for dioramas^^

and their cheaper/economical than the Gundam(s) .....lol
Old 2011-10-10, 09:01   Link #22490
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
and their cheaper/economical than the Gundam(s) .....lol
"their"... you meant "they're" as in they are...lol

anyway~

the 00 series didn't really have "main" grunt units... they had grunts for AEU and like Union....so not so important...at least to celestial beings... =P
Old 2011-10-10, 09:05   Link #22491
firefox
Seed seeder

Quote:
Are we on the same wavelength here ?

I was saying that people will buy the Ginn for that explosion effect, not the model itself and thus will push the sale of an otherwise mediocre, average looking unit.

I had not, in any case, mention anything about a Grunt unit selling well.
No idea, but you say first that people will buy a ginn, but not the model itself??? So that's kinda confusing. You mean looks don't matter for a grunt suit as long as it explodes well?

Don't know alot of people personaly who buy a grunt suit, build it, then cut it up in little pieces to make a blowing up diorama...They usually like the model as a whole.

Looks of a grunt do matter, tieren for example looks terrible (and achieves nothing) even with the 1/100 model is the best of the entire standard 00 model line. You need at least looks or achievement to get good sales.
Old 2011-10-10, 09:14   Link #22492
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

sorry ...... English is a second language, hope i didn't offend anyone ....

what i like in the first season of 00 was graham's flag and other aces in grunt units was able to put the exia and CB into the defensive

as for usual i 'll be wanting for more HG releases, the new HG are way better than some old MG's
Old 2011-10-10, 09:21   Link #22493
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
sorry ...... English is a second language, hope i didn't offend anyone ....

what i like in the first season of 00 was graham's flag and other aces in grunt units was able to put the exia and CB into the defensive

as for usual i 'll be wanting for more HG releases, the new HG are way better than some old MG's
Not a big problem at all. =) Your English is pretty good.

Anyway, I liked 00 for that part. I like how even grunt units put up a good fight against the lead Gundams. =)

A MG Exia R2, MG Astraea, and SD Astraea would be amazing.
Old 2011-10-10, 17:29   Link #22494
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
No idea, but you say first that people will buy a ginn, but not the model itself??? So that's kinda confusing. You mean looks don't matter for a grunt suit as long as it explodes well?
Alright, I understand now. You seemed to have missed out on the earlier annoucement about the new part that will be included with the reissue of the 1/144 HG Ginn. So let me enlighten you with the snap here :-

Let me repeat this for the 3rd time, I was saying that the explosion effect here will help to push the sales of this kit since with a little modding, it can be reused on other toys and kits and not just the Ginn here.
Old 2011-10-10, 19:56   Link #22495
Critias

...here's hoping I can use the GINN's effect part on Blitz
Critias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 20:52   Link #22496
maknaedik

Why I do I feel like that these effect parts included will not only be used for Remastered HG Seed kits? Surely, these things will later on be included in other kits if ever these boosts sales of the kits it's included into.

Red Gunpla Reviews: http://redblondemean.wordpress.com

My Personal Blog: http://cmgaddict.wordpress.com
maknaedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 20:56   Link #22497
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maknaedik View Post
Why I do I feel like that these effect parts included will not only be used for Remastered HG Seed kits? Surely, these things will later on be included in other kits if ever these boosts sales of the kits it's included into.
If you mean these particular effects parts, I don't think so. They look to be assembled unto the kits, which means particular effects parts will only work with the kit it's designed for. Having 'universal' effects parts wouldn't be a bad idea though.

If you're talking about effects parts in general, this isn't the first time they've done effects parts for model kits. The HG Destiny, Strike Freedom and Legend all have effects parts for instance.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 01:25   Link #22498
firefox
Seed seeder

Quote:
Alright, I understand now. You seemed to have missed out on the earlier annoucement about the new part that will be included with the reissue of the 1/144 HG Ginn. So let me enlighten you with the snap here :-

Let me repeat this for the 3rd time, I was saying that the explosion effect here will help to push the sales of this kit since with a little modding, it can be reused on other toys and kits and not just the Ginn here.
I understand better now! I missed that indeed.

Still i will buy an extra 1/144 HG ginn if it has a better color, not for the explosion part. I hope the standard ginn will get the same grey as the High Mobile Ginn 2. darker but an improvement overall
Old 2011-10-11, 06:04   Link #22499
PzIVf3

PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 06:52   Link #22500
maknaedik

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
If you mean these particular effects parts, I don't think so. They look to be assembled unto the kits, which means particular effects parts will only work with the kit it's designed for. Having 'universal' effects parts wouldn't be a bad idea though.

If you're talking about effects parts in general, this isn't the first time they've done effects parts for model kits. The HG Destiny, Strike Freedom and Legend all have effects parts for instance.
Well, yes, I mean effect parts in general. Though they have done it already in the past, it wasn't released in some kits but a set, remastered HG Seed kits in this case.

Red Gunpla Reviews: http://redblondemean.wordpress.com

My Personal Blog: http://cmgaddict.wordpress.com
maknaedik is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy