AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-05, 12:50   Link #2621
atlantiza

Position(s): Second TL (our current TL seems to be busy with real life, and we'd like to lessen their load if possible), TLC, and .ass TS
Group: SEACATS
Project(s): Umineko no Naku Koro ni
IRC Channel: #SEACATS
IRC Contact: atlantiza or Bocom (don't contact BoxOfAids unless you are looking for sex)
E-mail/MSN: elize.no.inori [at] gmail.com
AIM: BritannianFag

Ability to use IRC is helpful, but if you can't, we are more than willing to work something out. No fansub experience required for TL/TLC; just know the Japanese language and how to translate it into English.

Last edited by atlantiza; 2009-09-05 at 13:54.
Old 2009-09-05, 21:01   Link #2622
Zergrinch
Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to Zergrinch Send a message via Yahoo to Zergrinch
Cooking Master Boy Transcriptions (CMBT) is looking for transcribers for Chuuka Ichiban/Cooking Master Boy.

Work involves watching the AXN version of episodes, and typing all the dialogue (and signs and titles too if translated) into a text file.

Old 2009-09-06, 11:41   Link #2623
yuurisan
retired fansubbers

Send a message via MSN to yuurisan
Looking for translators

Position(s): J->E Translator(s), Raw Providers
Group: Yuurisan-Subs
Future Projects: Kobato and Nyan Koi(we have tlers for these projects)
Current Projects: Look here
IRC Channel: #YuurisanSubs@irc.rizon.net
IRC Contact: Yuurisan or minky-chan/mistress
Email: yuurisans@hotmail.com

Last edited by yuurisan; 2009-09-11 at 18:35.
Old 2009-09-07, 17:46   Link #2624
Genjo
Genjo-Subs Founder
*Fansubber

Genjo recruitment post

Position(s):

Translators Japanese to English (NEEDED!!)
Being able to translate our projects from Japanese to English
Experience Required: No experience is required, but you must know the Japanese and English language well enough to translate.

Translation Checkers
(NEEDED!?!?)
Experience Required: Must be good at Japanese to spot our errors that might be left behind from the other translators.
Note: This only requires you to do a check over the translation, not to do a full translation.

Editors(NEEDED!?!?)
Someone that goes through the English translation to make sure it is grammatically sound, and makes sense. Editors also ensure that typos, and other errors in regards to the translation are eradicated.
Experience Required: Must have a strong understanding of the English language.

Timers(NEEDED!?!?)
Being able to time when the translated text will show/disappear on the episode.
Experience Required: Must know how to scene time, and not have any scene bleeding. We can teach you if your not experienced.

Quality Checkers(NEEDED!?!?)
Check for issues such as graphical artifacts, timing errors, typos, grammar, legibility, sound and video quality.
Experience Required: no experience required.We can teach you if your not experienced.

Raw Providers(NEEDED!?!?)
Supplying the raw episode to our staff from Japan in a timely manner.
Experience Required: Must know how to find and download episodes in high quality, and then upload it to our ftp so our translators can start translating.

Karaoke AFX(NEEDED!?!?)
Designing the text effects for the Opening/Closing songs of our projects.
Experience Required: Experience is a must

Distro(NEEDED!?!?)
Being able to either seed(Bittorrent), serve a XDCC bot or host Direct Downloads.
Experience Required: No experience required.

Encoders(NEEDED!?!?)
Getting the final raw/translation/timing and putting it all together to release the final product which will be ether in MKV or AVI.

Typesetter AFX(NEEDED!?!)
the make signs in english for signs that were in Japanese and really good typesetters make it look like it was originally there and not even added in

Project(s):

Kodomo no Jikan (2007)

Kodomo no Jikan OVAs

KissXsis

IRC Channel:
genjo-Recruits@rizon.net
Hitode-Recruit@rizon.net

IRC Contact:
Genjo

E-Mail: waglwag85@yahoo.com

Extra info:
PM me and if ya dont get reply back just idle in the chan until i get to ya.
Old 2009-09-07, 22:06   Link #2625
ArabianSwan
Ureshii ^_^

Send a message via AIM to ArabianSwan
I'm a n00bie encoder and styler/typesetter who would like to work on one of the following Fall shows:

Kobato.
Winter Sonata (I have seen the kdrama and really really love this show)
Kimi ni Todoke

If you have a need for my help please pm me here or email me arabianswan AT yahoo DOT ca
Old 2009-09-10, 15:36   Link #2626
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

Send a message via AIM to the.Merines Send a message via MSN to the.Merines
Hmm, it's been over a month and 2 pages, maybe this isn't spamming now.

We at Formula Sub are still looking for a translator for this fall. We are a "we sub as fast as the TLer translates" group, looking for a translator who can produce a script per week or have the time/ability to do more should you fall behind due to real life. You should be fluent in both languages to the point that you don't require anyone to check your work, because we don't have those resources. Formula is currently operating with three active members and has been without a solid translator since Shugo Chara got licensed in late 2008. We'd like one final bang of a project before we die.

So then.

Group: Formula Sub (#formulasub@irc.rizon.net)
Recruiting: Translator
Project: anything this fall except Sacred Blacksmith, Seitokai no Ichizon, Book of Bantorra
Old 2009-09-11, 05:09   Link #2627
Sindalf

I made a post eariler this Month seeking a capper for multiple groups and now im searching for my group in particular. If this is not allowed delete my post.

Positions: All, Mainly J > E Translator and bluray ISO buyer.
Group: Tomodachi (TMD)
Projects: 11eyes, Fairy Tail, Black Rock Shooter, Romance of the three kingdoms, Darker than Black, Code Geass R2 Blurays

Tomodachi is still currently in need of new staff for the fall season. A TL and a bluray ISO provider (Someone who buys blurays themselves) is currently at the top of the list as needed.

We are also looking for a TL to help finish Code Geass R2. Only need to do the ep previews (30seconds per ep) and the picture dramas.

Contact me on IRC if you think you can help.
Old 2009-09-12, 15:39   Link #2628
XeroTsuda

Looking to do some Timing, maybe even Karaoke Timing (not FX, unless you dont want anything special).

Oldschool Timer/KaraokeFX'er
Haven't fan subbed in several years, was an original founder of Anime-Destiny with IzumiShiro long ago, although i have no real proof of this. Worked with several small groups back in the day timing, typesetting, and doing karaokes in SubStationAlpha/Medusa.

The only surviving file on the web i can think of is [Nanashi]Full Metal Alchemist Reflections from back in the day. (Someone from Nanashi destroyed my Karaokes files, and no one even QC'd.)(Opening Song)

Recently i have gotten back into the fansubbing scene, and have learned all the new bells and whistles that people are using today.
Example i put together in a few hours to prove i know the new software. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQhF8zp6weg

If you are in need of me, send me an email at Xeroanime@gmail.com
Old 2009-09-12, 19:36   Link #2629
DrX_
*Fansubber

Group: umai
Project: Tatakau Shisho: Book of Bantorra
Position: Translation Checker
IRC: #umai@irc.rizon.net

We're looking for an experience translation checker who has been TLing or TLCing for a few years at the very least. Book of Bantorra is more than likely going to air without Closed Captions, so ability to make out words correctly would be required.
Old 2009-09-14, 00:55   Link #2630
ASR1FanSubs
Feeling Big in Your Chair

Send a message via ICQ to ASR1FanSubs
Hi all,

ASR:Kurou Underground Translations (ASR for short) is looking for motivated individuals to help sub a few projects this summer and beyond. We're a small but growing group that started out as a speedsub group, but has since then developed into releasing high-quality fansubs for several popular anime series.

Spice and Wolf II, Lupin vs Conan OVA.

Capper: If you're able to cap things that aren't available on DVD, or get us releases even the slightest bit earlier, we'd love to have you onboard.

Translator: Japanese->English preferred, though at this point we're willing to take Chinese->English or Korean->English. You must be proficient in your language, however; first- and second-year language students need not apply.

Translation Checker: Same as above, though the requirements aren't so stringent in terms of Japanese. You must have flawless English skills, though.

Encoder: You must have a fairly powerful computer. In addition, you must have a decent internet connection, as you'll be uploading workraws and final encodes, which take a significant amount of bandwidth. If you're not familiar with encoding, he is a wealth of knowledge on the subject, however, so extensive experience in this field is not required, though it is preferred. Our current Encoder is more than capable, but do to work/school projects he lacks time to help us out.
Distro: You must have a reliable network accessing to the internet. Must have Fair Uploading Speeds.

Styler/Typesetter: A good eye for aesthetics is required, and the ability to be on when scheduled.

Timer: Some experience with Aegisub is preferred, though not strictly necessary. As always with timing, great patience is a must.

Quality Control: Only two criteria are really necessary for this job- a good handle of English, and the ability to be on and present when we need you. You'll be watching (and re-watching, preferably) our release candidates for errors with translation, timing, or encoding immediately prior to distribution, so you're the last line of defense, so to speak.

Our primary concern with the above positions is that you be able to hang out with us and work efficiently. Not a whole lot else is required aside from the position-specific skills. If you fit any of the above positions and are looking to contribute to the fansubbing community, please give us a ring either in our IRC channel at #ASR1 on Rizon, or by email at: admin (at) asrkurou (dot) com.

We're a fun group of people, so even if you aren't looking to work for us, please visit us at #ASR1 on Rizon! Hope to see you there soon!

Last edited by ASR1FanSubs; 2009-09-14 at 01:08.
Old 2009-09-14, 06:26   Link #2631
andy_blah
~Buri Buri!~
*Fansubber

Group: Kureyon Alliance

Projects:

Kureyon Shin-Chan (action movies, not the episodes);
Positions: J->E Translator(s); RAW provider(s); Capper (for things that aren't available on DVD); Karaoke Effects

Perfume
J->E translator; Karaoke effects

Note: The translation isn't that hard, and the karas don't need to be that special.

YAT Anshin! Uchu Ryoko (series 1 and 2);Positions: J->E Translator(s); Translation Checker; Quality Checker; Timer; Encoder;

NG Knight Ramune & 40 (plus DX and EX)
Positions: Distribution; DVD-iso RAW provider; Karaoke Effects

Medarot (and Medarot Damashii)

Positions: J->E Translator(s); Translation Checker; Quality Checker Distribution; Timer; Karaoke Effects

Note: If you don't want to join us as a translator for the Kureyon Shin-Chan project just because you don't like it, I would say to you to leave your preconceptions for example that this anime is like in the horrid american dub, or that it is just a show where a retarded kid shows his butt all the time, and instead try to see for yourself how the anime really is.

Info:We accept other projects as long as they are comedy and/or slice-of-life, and only if you can fill a position for it.
Old 2009-09-14, 14:44   Link #2632
Stythys

Hey all! Just wanted to mention I have a pretty nice server that's available to anyone that needs help with distro. (500GB HD | 100MBit up/download).

http://twilightlair.net/contact
Old 2009-09-14, 14:54   Link #2633
CXu

Position(s): Translator(s), TLc, Timers, Editors and QC'ers
Group: UTSF
Project(s): Fall 2009 Anime: 11eyes and/or Kimi ni Todoke
IRC Channel: #un-tan @ irc.rizon.net
IRC Contact: CXu or fdein (or someone with @ if they're not available)
E-Mail: cxu@live.no

Short summary of meaningless babble you'd better off not knowing:
Un-Tan Subbing Force, or UTSF for short is a fansubgroup that's actually not been around for that long. The group originally started as a subgroup for a major streaming site named AnimeCrazy, though due to their anti-ecchi policy we had to break out from them (One Piece was entering the Amazon Lily arc). This is pretty much how UTSF was born. As UTSF we've removed some insanely irritating stuff (like that link in the top-right corner) and we're working on moving the quality even higher than before.

/end babble

So here's what you should read if you want to help out:
Right now we're looking into picking up one of the fall anime's coming. I'm just putting this clearly: Please no Fairytail or InuYasha. They'll most likely get oversubbed. What I have my eyes on are 11eyes or Kimi ni Todoke. So for one of these (or something else) we'd like to recruit the following:

Translators - Preferably Japanese --> English translators, but Chinese ---> English or similar can be good to have. You don't need to have any past experiences in fansub, or fluency in English, as long as it's understandable. We can get TL checks and Editors to fix the script to top notch quality.
TL Check - Good understanding in English and decent to good understanding in Japanese is preferred.
Timers - Boring job~~
Editors - Must have a good understanding in English and English grammar.
QC - Have good eyes for details so you can look for mistakes.
And just about any help is appreciated.
The main goal is to get atleast one translator, so help me out on that

If you're interested in one of these positions (or more) you can contact me on CXu[at]live.no or fdein at fdeinftw[at]gmail.com, drop by our irc at #Un-Tan @ irc.rizon.net or visit our website and forum

~CXu

Last edited by CXu; 2009-09-15 at 08:49.
Old 2009-09-15, 09:38   Link #2634
Koroku
formerly JKaizer
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Koroku Send a message via MSN to Koroku Send a message via Yahoo to Koroku
DATS and Toki-Fansubs are looking for a few helpers for the remaining episodes of Mermaid Melody.

We have the remaining episodes TLed, edited, TLCed, and mostly timed. We're just lacking in a few things:
1) A karaoke artist to do the opening/ending. The inserts will be soft ktimed.
2) An encoder willing to do both softsub h264 and hardsub XviD. Also should be capable of inserting the textless OP/ED, replacing the credit-filled ones. The source isn't hard to work with - we're just using the darksoul-raws DVD rips (XviD/DivX [i can't remember which] avi) so easy enough to work with.
3) A ktimer willing to ktime both the OP/ED (if the karaoke artist in #1 doesn't want to it themselves) and then the insert songs.

If interested in helping in any of these, please contact us by e-mail at kree@dats.us or pop into either IRC channel and talk to an Op
#dats@irc.rizon.net
#toki-fansubs@irc.rizon.net
Old 2009-09-15, 10:29   Link #2635
yuurisan
retired fansubbers

Send a message via MSN to yuurisan
Yuurisan-Subs is looking for Quality Checkers and Editors for Darker than Black 2, Nyan Koi, and Kobato.
It can be a joint if you provide everything except tl.

If you want to help out you can email at yuurisans@hotmail.com
or come to #yus-recruits@irc.rizon.net

Last edited by yuurisan; 2009-09-23 at 09:16.
Old 2009-09-15, 15:19   Link #2636
Prons
Disabled By Request

Shin-Getter is looking for a timer for UFO Robo Grendizer we have a pace of around an episode every two weeks, and the episodes themselves only average about 250 lines. Inexperienced and experienced welcome, for short-term or long-term.

Email PronsAmuro@gmail.com
Old 2009-09-16, 00:54   Link #2637
koutakurugi88

deleted message

Last edited by koutakurugi88; 2009-09-22 at 14:02.
Old 2009-09-16, 18:29   Link #2638
Mamiko

Group: Mamiko
IRC: #mamiko@irc.rizon.net
Site: http://mamikogroup.wordpress.com

We are currently looking for Translator/Translation Checker and Quality Checkers for our upcoming project w/c is Kimi ni Todoke. Visit our site for details or contact us at noto_mamiko@live.com

Last edited by Mamiko; 2009-09-20 at 19:11.
Old 2009-09-17, 17:33   Link #2639
koutakurugi88

deleted message

Last edited by koutakurugi88; 2009-09-22 at 14:01.
Old 2009-09-17, 19:17   Link #2640
Kienai

Group: Kienai Fansubs
Project: Lupin III: Part I (A.K.A. "The Green Jacket Series")
Positions: Translators, translation checkers
IRC: #kienai@irc.rizon.net

Translators don't necessarily need experience, but we're looking for a few talented and dedicated people. We've purchased Blu-Rays of the series, and will be releasing in full 1080p HD along with 720p and 480p.

If anyone's interested in other positions, feel free to inquire. The vetting process might be a bit tougher, though, since we've got a good number of people already.
Closed Thread

Tags
help thread, recruitment, translator