AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-04-29, 08:04   Link #2141
Super Kamehameha

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerozeronine View Post
Kodaka and Yozora are classmates and they spend more time in class than in the club,and before the club she was the only one that spoke to him at school.Everyone in the club wants his attention you know,not just Yozora.

Hating : She's a bitch
Critic: She's a bitch because xxxx

Polls: Kono is more reliable than other ol polls because of cheating,if you can get in the top 10 of that poll you can actually say that character is popular in Japan.And comparing Yozora to Mikoto of Index is like comparing Lois Lane to Alfred the Butler,Lois is more important to the overall plot in the Superman comics (pre new 52) than Alfred in the Batman comics.

I still want a Sena x Yozora yuri end,Sena is like the light and Yozora is the shadow,yin and yang and a good way for Kodaka to realize how he messed up to let 2 fine girls slip away from him (at least he git Rika as a friend),he really needs to find his balls
Except Sena hates Yozora's guts. That ending is less likely than a Maria ending lmao.
And he didn't let 2 girls get away from him, he pratically has one of them already
Super Kamehameha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-29, 08:56   Link #2142
zerozeronine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Kamehameha View Post
Except Sena hates Yozora's guts. That ending is less likely than a Maria ending lmao.
And he didn't let 2 girls get away from him, he pratically has one of them already
Nah,Sena's actions are different from what she say's when dealing with Yozora.

Did he?Sena did approved to stall the relationship but many can happen in future volumes though.

Some thoughts:

2013 Kono list: 3rd place: Sena,10th Yozora,25th Rika

"Sena's has a high chance to be the end girl because of her popularity in the polls"

"the author probably has taken a different turn from his original plan how to end the series because of Sena's popularity"

"the sure end girl is Sena because she's popular in the polls"

(not the actual post's but context is almost the same anyway,and you can usually see such post before)

2014 Kono list 10th place: Yozora,12th Rika,Sena dropped from the top 30

"polls are irrelevant from the actual end that the author intends"

"why do you keep referencing the polls?"

zerozeronine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-29, 09:00   Link #2143
Super Kamehameha

Quote:
Nah,Sena's actions are different from what she say's when dealing with Yozora.

Did he?Sena did approved to stall the relationship but many can happen in future volumes though.

Some thoughts:

2013 Kono list: 3rd place: Sena,10th Yozora,25th Rika

"Sena's has a high chance to be the end girl because of her popularity in the polls"

"the author probably has taken a different turn from his original plan how to end the series because of Sena's popularity"

"the sure end girl is Sena because she's popular in the polls"

(not the actual post's but context is almost the same anyway,and you can usually see such post before)

2014 Kono list 10th place: Yozora,12th Rika,Sena dropped from the top 30

"polls are irrelevant from the actual end that the author intends"

"why do you keep referencing the polls?"

Seriously stop bringing up the polls. I never once said that Senas going to win bevayse of her popularity in the polls. This is like the 5th time you've brought it up. It's getting annoying now. A few people have said many times why that isn't the case yet you keep bringing it up. You're basing you're argument off of fan speculation. If that were the case the novel would never end.

Let's say the author decides to go Yozora route now that she's more popular. 2 volumes later, oh look Rika's more popular. Time for Rika route! 2 volumes later. Senas more popular again, go back to Sena route. See how dumb that sounds?
Old 2014-04-29, 09:19   Link #2144
zerozeronine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Kamehameha View Post
Seriously stop bringing up the polls. I never once said that Senas going to win bevayse of her popularity in the polls. This is like the 5th time you've brought it up. It's getting annoying now. A few people have said many times why that isn't the case yet you keep bringing it up. You're basing you're argument off of fan speculation. If that were the case the novel would never end.

Let's say the author decides to go Yozora route now that she's more popular. 2 volumes later, oh look Rika's more popular. Time for Rika route! 2 volumes later. Senas more popular again, go back to Sena route. See how dumb that sounds?
I never it said it was you,just didn't want to double post.It's funny that referencing the polls is now annoying when Sena is not in the top 30,but 30 pages ago her popularity was almost the basis for discussion

BTW still not giving up on a Sena x Yozora end.
zerozeronine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-29, 09:37   Link #2145
Super Kamehameha

Quote:
I never it said it was you,just didn't want to double post.It's funny that referencing the polls is now annoying when Sena is not in the top 30,but 30 pages ago her popularity was almost the basis for discussion

BTW still not giving up on a Sena x Yozora end.
That was 30 pages ago this is now. Lol Idc if you bring up the polls, but when you say that influences the girl in the end is just dumb.

And I'm not giving up on Kodaka x Sens end, regardless of her popularity. She's still #1 in my book lol
Old 2014-05-01, 02:54   Link #2146
Lisker

Yozora is stuck in the past and too stupid to realise, while Sena is just stupid (Smart, but stupid) and has had everything handed to her on a silver platter. I don't really like either of them to be honest.

If the Author truly envisioned a Sena end, I would be pretty insulted as a reader at this point. Not because I don't want Sena to end up with him but because he's just dragging the story along creating some sappy melodrama in the meantime, which would destroy the spirit of the story to me.

Not to mention this story pretty much follows the same "hero" trope as a lot of other stories. Yozoro's plans backfire on her, and in the end she feels like she "lost" everything. First you break the "hero" down in order to build him/her up again stronger than before.

My guess:

Yozora comes to terms that she doesn't want "Taka" back, but that what she feels is actually love and she doesn't want to give that up which, in my opinion is pretty obvious, but she is just too messed up to see it. And then it will be either, him loving her or him telling her it's too late and end up with Sena.

As long as I feel like that I find it very hard to keep enjoying the LN because everything I have read so far makes my feeling in that type of end stronger.
Lisker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-01, 19:35   Link #2147
Flere821
Lurker

Oh hey, I've just found a Chinese translation of the 'Universe 2' volume of short stories for this series (all set before Yukimura's gender reveal). It's written by a number of authors, and is basically official fanfiction and not actual canon additions.
Spoiler for comments:
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-08, 18:23   Link #2148
kazzuya13

I really think that Rika is the most amazing and the most pitiable person in the neighbors club. Cause aside from Kodaka she really seems like she has nobody else.
Old 2014-05-11, 23:44   Link #2149
Yye1
Wide Right

So will vol 10 actually be released in the near future?

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-12, 02:35   Link #2150
Deadly_Miho

Release date Volume 10

For anyone who hasn't heard the big news yet: It looks like Volume 10 will be released on the 6th of June.
(Source: http://blog.mediafactory.co.jp/mfbunkoj/?p=23133)

Mmmh. The resurrection of Mikazuki Yozora. I like the sound of that.
Deadly_Miho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-12, 03:19   Link #2151
theaxelazul

is going to be the last volume?
Quote:
For anyone who hasn't heard the big news yet: It looks like Volume 10 will be released on the 6th of June.
(Source: http://blog.mediafactory.co.jp/mfbunkoj/?p=23133)

Mmmh. The resurrection of Mikazuki Yozora. I like the sound of that.
theaxelazul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-12, 04:34   Link #2152
Deadly_Miho

Quote:
Originally Posted by theaxelazul View Post
is going to be the last volume?
On the basis of what I can gather from the preview text of Vol. 10 with my lousy Japanese there is mention of a Volume 11, so it's safe to assume that saying farewell to the Neighbours Club is not yet necessary.
Deadly_Miho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-12, 09:53   Link #2153
Super Kamehameha

I'm really exicted for this!

But does anyone know what the translation said?

I used Google translate but it was really jumbled so I could barely understand it.

Also Sena looks gorgeous on that Vol 11 cover <3
Old 2014-05-12, 10:46   Link #2154
cautr
Professional Onii-sama

No guarantees that that's right:

They're on the trip and get involved into planning a Christmas party with the student council guys. There they're ought to get to know them better, but they don't want to. Sena realizes that she might not be as popular and Kodoka's also shocked and to wants to help change the truth (?). Then it's time for the Christmas party, but... The feelings of the boys and girls are getting complicated on Christmas Eve. This time it's Yozora's revival.

Once again: That might be wrong, I just flew through it. Someone more proficient might want to get that straight. Don't take it at face value. Just a quick version for the impatient.

"Life's a tale, told by an idiot." -Shakespeare
cautr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-12, 11:16   Link #2155
Super Kamehameha

Quote:
Originally Posted by cautr View Post
No guarantees that that's right:

They're on the trip and get involved into planning a Christmas party with the student council guys. There they're ought to get to know them better, but they don't want to. Sena realizes that she might not be as popular and Kodoka's also shocked and to wants to help change the truth (?). Then it's time for the Christmas party, but... The feelings of the boys and girls are getting complicated on Christmas Eve. This time it's Yozora's revival.

Once again: That might be wrong, I just flew through it. Someone more proficient might want to get that straight. Don't take it at face value. Just a quick version for the impatient.

That seems pretty legit, it seems close to what I could make out from before.
And if the part about Sena is true, I had a feeling something like this would happen. After Kodaka helped Yozora he's going to help Sena in some way.

Regardless I'm still hype for this
Old 2014-05-13, 18:26   Link #2156
Anonymous_Slider

Location: Together with my family, my samsung champ, and my Lenovo T61
Hi I'm new to this series (though I'm keeping an eye on this series since when it became a full project in B-T), I've already read the translated volumes in B-T, and I just skimmed through the forums. I'll have to say this
Spoiler:
Anonymous_Slider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-13, 20:41   Link #2157
Super Kamehameha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous_Slider View Post
Hi I'm new to this series (though I'm keeping an eye on this series since when it became a full project in B-T), I've already read the translated volumes in B-T, and I just skimmed through the forums. I'll have to say this
Spoiler:
Well according to the volume 10 preview, Sena realizes she's not really that popular and Kodaka helps her similar to how he helped Yozora.

It's pretty obvious that Sena's "I'm perfect" attitude is just a front and she's just as insecure and flawed as the rest of them.
Anyway There's not as much hate as there was with Vol 9 helping a lot, but some of the hate is justified considering she bullied Sena a lot. Yeah it was played down for laughs but she went too far sometimes. And we don't know the real effect her bullying had on Sena, which was also played for comedy.
Old 2014-05-13, 20:51   Link #2158
Anonymous_Slider

Location: Together with my family, my samsung champ, and my Lenovo T61
At first, Yozora wanted her out of Rinjinbu. But as time goes by in the series, what I see in the what they so call Yozora's "bullying" of Sena is more in line of "get yourself together" and she will do it with her lovely flyswatter.
Spoiler:
Anonymous_Slider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-13, 22:35   Link #2159
Super Kamehameha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous_Slider View Post
At first, Yozora wanted her out of Rinjinbu. But as time goes by in the series, what I see in the what they so call Yozora's "bullying" of Sena is more in line of "get yourself together" and she will do it with her lovely flyswatter.
Spoiler:
That's only for when she flips out over Kobato. Many times in the first season it was flat out bullying. I felt extremely uncomfortable about what Yozora did in ep13
Old 2014-05-14, 00:18   Link #2160
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Vol 8- part of 9

Lol most hilarious confession ever. Who knew Kodaka was hiding such lust for Sena.

I didn't feel strongly about the girls one way or another, but lately Rika has been very likeable. Seems like she would be the most relaxing to be with. Oh well, the protagonist will like whoever he likes I guess. And Sena would tie up the story's weak romantic subplot nicely.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, friendship, harem, light novels, love decisions, school life, shounen