AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2004-04-29, 02:05   Link #1
Griffith

Inuyasha movies [discussion]

According to AnimeOnDVD.com, the first two IY movies are finally going to be released over here. The first one will be out this summer, and the second later in the year. I'm glad to hear this, since I haven't seen the first one and I'd like to be able to own them both.
Griffith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-29, 02:28   Link #2
AnimeOni
Raid-the-mods

I have been waiting for them for a year now and I'm glad they are coming out.
AnimeOni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-29, 02:34   Link #3
SoulMan

Its about time they got it in gear and shipped over. i can't wait to see it.
SoulMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-29, 03:46   Link #4
Fronzel
Schmuck

Are they any good? I though the series was rather weak, but these popular action shows often have entertaining movies.
Fronzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-29, 03:55   Link #5
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

No. The movies aren't really very good, though the second is better than the first.

Still, if you haven't seen much of the series than you might like the first movie better than I did. I thought it reused too many of the situations from the TV episodes. That made it seem rather redundant.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-29, 14:43   Link #6
Griffith

I've seen every episode up to 146 and thought the second movie was pretty good. I'll most likely see the first movie even if it isn't that great for a sense of completion. (hmm, that may sound rather stupid ) Here's hoping they bring the third movie out here early next year, since it's being released on DVD in Japan this summer.
Griffith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-29, 15:11   Link #7
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Yeah... the promos I've seen for the 3rd movie look really interesting. I'm hoping this one will finally be the great Inuyasha movie I keep hoping for.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-30, 00:44   Link #8
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

the first inuyasha movie reminded me of a lot of anime movies (DBZ movies for instance) that took place apart from the actual plot (which makes sense...but it's odd...American cartoons don't do that...shows like "Rugrats" do plot point changes based on the movie O_O)
Kyuven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-01, 01:26   Link #9
inu-fma88fan

i watched the first movie and thought that it wasn't that bad but the ending was just a rush.
inu-fma88fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-16, 00:09   Link #10
agrippa
shop smart shop "s'' mart

Inuyasha Movie 3

Just finished watching it, didn't see any threads on it

Anyone else seen it?
agrippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-18, 22:56   Link #11
hikaru_masha
I want chocolate!

Inuyasha - movie help

hi there! i would like to know where each movie falls along the timeline of the series. it says on this site that they are all sequles but that cant be right, can it? I mean, they wouldnt stop the series and resolve the rest in movies, would they? i am very confused. well if anyone knows id be greatful to find out. i dont want to watch the entire series then watch the movies and have to backtrack. thanks.
hikaru_masha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-18, 23:06   Link #12
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikaru_masha
hi there! i would like to know where each movie falls along the timeline of the series. it says on this site that they are all sequles but that cant be right, can it? I mean, they wouldnt stop the series and resolve the rest in movies, would they? i am very confused. well if anyone knows id be greatful to find out. i dont want to watch the entire series then watch the movies and have to backtrack. thanks.
I haven't seen all the inu yasha movies, but I believe they're self contained. The ones I saw were at least. You should be able to watch them without having to reference specific episodes. Most anime movies are filler and don't continue the main story from the series. There are some exceptions to that though, like the fma movie.
Old 2006-02-18, 23:10   Link #13
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^I've seen 3 of the 4 movies and IMO they have nothing to do with the series timeline...You should watch the movies as they are...Considering the series never changes from the main story of them searching for Naraku and getting the Shikan Jewel I think you should watch the movies without any regard for the series (unless you haven't seen atleast a decent portion of the series...I mean if you hardley know anything about the anime then I'd advise against it)...In anime as a whole the OVA's alot of times really don't have much to do with or hardley ever invalidates the series...

Hopes that helps...
Old 2006-02-19, 00:45   Link #14
hikaru_masha
I want chocolate!

ah i see......

From what i thought it would be was more like the CCS movies where the first fell in after the first season and the second was an ending to the entire series.

i have only watched episodes 1-51 strait through ad im much further along on tv and a movie. i saw a few eps and the movie on tv and had no clue what was going on so i started to dl it but its very hard to get earlier episodes so i havent progressed very far in that sense.

Spoiler:

So when does he die? The series or in a movie? i need to know! i dont care about spoiling it, i expect him to die anyways and if he doesn't, that's just stupid!
Old 2006-02-19, 00:53   Link #15
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^Don't know...I'm currently watching the [adult swim] eps...I've had plenty of oppurtunities to finish the series, but since I started watching it 4 years ago I'm a bit brainwashed by the english dub...At some point I suspect they will get Naraku...Just know that the movies don't really spoil anything...I mean Inuyasha is great in all, but it ain't a very complex series...It's a character-based series...with really just one goal...
Old 2006-02-19, 03:26   Link #16
Calca
Expressionless

The movies are different in the fact that they take place in different times of the storyline.

For example, Movie 4 takes place at the very end of the series because Inuyasha has his Diamond Tetsusaiga which he doesn't acquire until around episode 150-something.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-26, 18:08   Link #17
hikaru_masha
I want chocolate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetor
The movies are different in the fact that they take place in different times of the storyline.

For example, Movie 4 takes place at the very end of the series because Inuyasha has his Diamond Tetsusaiga which he doesn't acquire until around episode 150-something.

see that's what i thought. it only makes sence. to tell you the truth, this is not the greatest anime in my oppinion. if they dont end it off properly, im going to be so mad! lol i watch it mostly because its funny and i really have no life hahaha. oh well i guess ill just have to wait it out and see.
Old 2006-02-27, 01:15   Link #18
Calca
Expressionless

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikaru_masha
see that's what i thought. it only makes sence. to tell you the truth, this is not the greatest anime in my oppinion. if they dont end it off properly, im going to be so mad! lol i watch it mostly because its funny and i really have no life hahaha. oh well i guess ill just have to wait it out and see.
Well, it seems you're going to be mad.

They had to end it in the middle because the anime was catching up to the manga (which is still ongoing).

I don't know if they'll make more episodes after the manga ends or more movies though.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-02, 23:44   Link #19
donot

can some one list where the movies supposely take place in the series? I like to watch the anime in order even if the movies have nothing to do with the series.
donot is offline   Reply With Quote