Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-03, 06:42   Link #2121
kubik
Helen ftw!

Spoiler for Slayerx:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubeE View Post
Actually, after the last manga chapter I'm inclined to think Sakura and Naruto will end up together. Her face when she said that Hinata loves Naruto expresses sadness and regret. Perhaps it's just cause she's worried about Hinata but maybe it could also her being forced to acknowledge Naruto is desirable and that she loves him and now has competition. I guess we'll see.
Chapter 442 is exacly like chapter 297 imo

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Negro View Post
True but she was going to feed him anyway
True
Old 2009-04-03, 15:19   Link #2122
Domini

NaruSaku > NaruHina by FAR. NaruHina really makes no sense to me. they barely talk to each other if ever and they know nothing about each other. and naruto has been going on for how long now? it would be kind of stupid to suddenly put naruto and hinata together just because of a spuratic confession when naruto has not only loved sakura throughout the entire series, but they are almost always together and know each other better than anyone else would know them. and other than chapter 437, what the hell has hinata ever done for naruto? anything else useful other than sitting in a corner for years stalking him and never offering to help him when he needed it? some love interest there. . .
Old 2009-04-03, 18:06   Link #2123
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domini View Post
NaruSaku > NaruHina by FAR. NaruHina really makes no sense to me. they barely talk to each other if ever and they know nothing about each other. and naruto has been going on for how long now? it would be kind of stupid to suddenly put naruto and hinata together just because of a spuratic confession when naruto has not only loved sakura throughout the entire series, but they are almost always together and know each other better than anyone else would know them. and other than chapter 437, what the hell has hinata ever done for naruto? anything else useful other than sitting in a corner for years stalking him and never offering to help him when he needed it? some love interest there. . .
Chapters 78,79 ,80 were hinata development chapters, then chapter 98 really began the idea of naruhina. its not near as much as Sakura, but it hinted directly to a possible pairing.

As far as old popularity polls, the manga showed right on the chapter that showed Naruto coming back after the time skip, Sasuke was in first, Naruto in second, and sakura and hinata were in 8th and 9th respectively, but not by an overwhelming margin.

Anyway, I haave noticed that the people who joined Naruto after the time skip have more problems with the pairing than the ones who didnt. I think people like that have an understandable problem with the situation, because she hadnt made that huge of an impact after the time skip until now, but as I reread some of the stuff, the potential was there though.

Although, I think if a female popularity poll were taken today, itd look similar to animesuki's female popularity poll.

m not trying to ship, i just dont see a huge problem with the idea that some see.
Old 2009-04-03, 18:20   Link #2124
Domini

@ alu546: what sort of examples are those supposed to be? i dont see how chapter 98 has any showing of anything naruhina related? the purpose of that fight in general was to get neji to realize that anyones fate can change if they make it happen though hardwork and dedication. that is what drove naruto to want to beat neji. hinata was a small contributor if anything. what drives me crazy is naruhina supporters use any little nook and crannie they can to justify the pairing, alleged evidence that has zero to do with romantic development. this pairing is nothing but smut and plays no role in the progression of the story. it only became popular because people hated sakura at the start when she was younger, even i hated her too at one point. but im not stupid, ive seen that shes grown up and has matured, and its obvious how much she cares for naruto. people easily hold onto grudges and dont like to accept that times have changed and so has sakura. im sorry to break it to the naruhina fans, but sakura = main character and plays a great importance to the story, hinata = side character who rarely gets any appearance in the manga or the anime. fillers dont count either.
Old 2009-04-03, 20:14   Link #2125
twkiwilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubik View Post

But Kishi put Hinata there. You cant say that anyone would be enough when Kishi decided that it was Hinatas job.
Also bold part, you are wrong. Hinata said to him that he is her role model. He just didnt want her to have false image of him. He also didnt know that Hinata knows him better then he knows himself. This is why she was successfull at cheering him up.
The part i bolded, it reminded me of the manga skip beat!, because the main girl had viewed this guy as her role model (but she's oblivious of her feelings for him). Then in this one chapter, when they are watching tv, the show says that at first he's a role model (thus, she respects him), then that respect turns to love. (it's like a big hint to the main girl that *hint* *hint*, you like him...etc) and in the show, it further says if they had confess sooner, they would have gone out with each other sooner....

well anyway, the part you say about "role model" really made me feel that naruto and hinata will be together at the end...

Plus, shojo mangas (ex. skip beat) are experts at romance, and even though, this manga is shounen, if you notice and try the compare the love relationships (even if it just a light one) in shounen with shojo, they are pretty similar... just that in shojos, they extend the relationship and goes deeper...

Even though, i haven't figure out what the missing part is, but i do feel that naruto and sakura relationship lacks some elements to call it romance, so until i figure out what that is/are... i'll post again...

Spoiler for manga chapt. 442:

That scene made me feel that sakura acknowledges the situation between hinata and naruto for a long time (the situation of hinta loving naruto for the longest time and naurto being oblivious for the longest time). and at that point, i feel that sakura has become a third character (or an outsider/ observer) taking about the relationship between hinata and naruto. I find sakura's face expression reasonable, because sakura is obviously care and is scared that hinata might die if she didn't treat it right away. Sakura is a caring person, i hope nobody has missed that trait of hers. I don't find that expression as a sign of competition.. etc.

Last edited by twkiwilee; 2009-04-03 at 20:27.
Old 2009-04-03, 20:36   Link #2126
Domini

Quote:
Originally Posted by twkiwilee View Post
The part i bolded, it reminded me of the manga skip beat!, because the main girl had viewed this guy as her role model (but she's oblivious of her feelings for him). Then in this one chapter, when they are watching tv, the show says that at first he's a role model (thus, she respects him), then that respect turns to love. (it's like a big hint to the main girl that *hint* *hint*, you like him...etc) and in the show, it further says if they had confess sooner, they would have gone out with each other sooner....

well anyway, the part you say about "role model" really made me feel that naruto and hinata will be together at the end...

Plus, shojo mangas (ex. skip beat) are experts at romance, and even though, this manga is shounen, if you notice and try the compare the love relationships (even if it just a light one) in shounen with shojo, they are pretty similar... just that in shojos, they extend the relationship and goes deeper...
you cant compare story plot and character interactions in a shounen manga with a shoujo manga. they each have their own categories for a reason. and how the hell does being a "role model" amount to romance? so theres no such thing as looking up to someone as a role model without wanting to couple with them? thats idiotic. i have plenty of role models and just because they are my role models doesnt mean i need to fucking date them ffs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twkiwilee View Post
Even though, i haven't figure out what the missing part is, but i do feel that naruto and sakura relationship lacks some elements to call it romance, so until i figure out what that is/are... i'll post again...

Spoiler for manga chapt. 442:

That scene made me feel that sakura acknowledges the situation between hinata and naruto for a long time. and at that point, i feel that sakura has become a third character (or an outsider/ observer) taking about the relationship between hinata and naruto. I find sakura's face expression reasonable, because sakura is obviously care and is scared that hinata might die if she didn't treat it right away. Sakura is a caring person, i hope nobody has missed that trait of hers.
how the hell? if naruto himself hasnt been able to notice hinatas feelings for him then how in the damn would sakura have never known before? if anyone might have had any idea of her feelings it would be poor kiba. and sakuras face in that scene looks more like discontent or shock than anything else, why would she have that face and look surprised if she already knew about hinatas feelings? that makes no goddamn sense. how the hell does narusaku lack more romance than naruhina? narusaku has chemistry and history, meaning they have been together through thick and thin throughout the ENTIRE course of the manga, not to mention naruto has always loved sakura since the beginning of the story. naruhina has no more than a handful of interactions with each other in ALL 442 chapters of the manga. and for you to say narusaku lacks romantic development, where is the logic in that??
Old 2009-04-03, 21:37   Link #2127
redshi
MANGA AND TV EXPERT
*Artist

To, me naruto will mostly likely end up where hinata. I mean come on, the chapter where she told him she loved him, the look in his eyes said it all, and to top it all off when Pain hurt he went 6tails that's the most he ever went , (well until he went 8tails after that)
Old 2009-04-03, 21:56   Link #2128
Domini

Quote:
Originally Posted by redshi View Post
To, me naruto will mostly likely end up where hinata. I mean come on, the chapter where she told him she loved him, the look in his eyes said it all, and to top it all off when Pain hurt he went 6tails that's the most he ever went , (well until he went 8tails after that)
and? sakura told sasuke that she loved him in the past, so does that mean her and sasuke are going to get together? hell no. of course naruto looked shocked, he was pinned on the damn ground in the middle of a heavy fight with pain and out of no where comes hinata saying i love you, wouldnt you be surprised too? where in the hell does that suddenly mean that hinata and naruto are going to be together? use your head man think.
Old 2009-04-03, 23:26   Link #2129
Slayerx

Spoiler for kubik:

Quote:
Originally Posted by alu546 View Post
Anyway, I haave noticed that the people who joined Naruto after the time skip have more problems with the pairing than the ones who didnt. I think people like that have an understandable problem with the situation, because she hadnt made that huge of an impact after the time skip until now, but as I reread some of the stuff, the potential was there though.
Your thinking is flawed...
Event hose who started reading Naruto after the timeskip would have taking the time to read everything before and thus know about Hinata and what happened to her

Though it does kind of remind how a lot fans don't recall some of the things that Hinata has done... i myself a while back had to be reminded of her conversation before the chunin exams... i think for anyone who isn't a die hard Hinata fan, her more subtle moments are easily forgettable and carry little impact

Quote:
Although, I think if a female popularity poll were taken today, itd look similar to animesuki's female popularity poll.
No it would not...
If you look at the history of the naruto polls you will find that Saukra and Hinata have always been close of the offical polls.
Japanese fans have apparently always treated sakura better than the fan on animesuki have and gave her much more credit...
Old 2009-04-04, 00:54   Link #2130
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post

Your thinking is flawed...
Event hose who started reading Naruto after the timeskip would have taking the time to read everything before and thus know about Hinata and what happened to her

Though it does kind of remind how a lot fans don't recall some of the things that Hinata has done... i myself a while back had to be reminded of her conversation before the chunin exams... i think for anyone who isn't a die hard Hinata fan, her more subtle moments are easily forgettable and carry little impact
The second part is kind of what I mean, I myself dont remember all of Hinata's moments around Naruto, and I had to look at them again. I had forgotten a ton of those little things as well(though I have a good memory, so i could recall when on the timeline they occured).

I used a vague term like "more" because Ive seen people who came in late who didnt know about all that, and common sense would dictate they have more of a problem with it.

Quote:
No it would not...
If you look at the history of the naruto polls you will find that Saukra and Hinata have always been close of the offical polls.

Japanese fans have apparently always treated sakura better than the fan on animesuki have and gave her much more credit...

what you point at is certainly true, i had just meant that confession scene improved her popularity among the female characters by leaps and bounds, since with her more subtle developement, she was still hanging in there with Sakura.

Of course, I can be a little cohfusing with how I word things and leave others to be implied, but the second part I said was really just an educated guess, I could be way off though.
Old 2009-04-04, 01:30   Link #2131
Zek
Eyebrows...

Spoiler for Manga:
Old 2009-04-04, 01:50   Link #2132
Janifuu
緩和

I don't see how Hinata's confession can so instantly amount to her and Naruto eventually pairing up. What has been the purpose up until now for Naruto and Sakura's gradual development together? What do you think Yamato himself had hinted when he took notice to Sakura's affection towards Naruto? Does that not mean anything now because a minor character who has barely ever interacted with Naruto before suddenly confesses her feelings? I'm not suggesting that Naruto and Sakura are for certain going to pair together but it sure seems a hell of alot more likely than Naruto and Hinata. The NaruSaku signs spread across the entire series as it progresses, and thats what makes the likely pairing so much more appealing.
Old 2009-04-04, 02:30   Link #2133
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janifuu View Post
I don't see how Hinata's confession can so instantly amount to her and Naruto eventually pairing up. What has been the purpose up until now for Naruto and Sakura's gradual development together? What do you think Yamato himself had hinted when he took notice to Sakura's affection towards Naruto? Does that not mean anything now because a minor character who has barely ever interacted with Naruto before suddenly confesses her feelings? I'm not suggesting that Naruto and Sakura are for certain going to pair together but it sure seems a hell of alot more likely than Naruto and Hinata. The NaruSaku signs spread across the entire series as it progresses, and thats what makes the likely pairing so much more appealing.
Personally, I'm a NaruHina shipper so of course I want them to end up together, but I understand exactly what you're talking about. This is also why I am very anxious for to see what will happen in the upcoming chapters. I too have noticed the subtle (or perhaps not-so-subtle) hints toward NaruSaku that have developed over the course of the series, but then Kishi throws us this curveball. It is a really peculiar set of circumstances. The series probably has maybe 100 chapters left, and thus far we have the NaruSaku relationship that has developed at a steady, if not slow pace, and we've got the NaruHina relationship which has been completely one-sided and mostly overlooked until recently, so something's gotta happen relatively soon. We don't know what Naruto's reaction is going to be, but if this does end with NaruHina it'll make the former NaruSaku scenes seem almost completely meaningless. It would be as if Kishi just changed his mind in the middle of it. Of course Naruto could not reciprocate Hinata's feelings and it could go nowhere, but to me this would just seem cruel to Hinata's character. Yes maybe the "breakup" will go smoothly and Hinata will accept it gracefully, but really, to have her confess her love and almost die on his behalf just for him to dump her? She may have been better off dying. So yeah, I'm really anxious to see where Kishi's going with this.

On a personal level, I will say this though. If Hinata's only purpose here was to serve as a catalyst for the Kyuubi's release and then as a catalyst for Sakura's feelings toward Naruto, I am going to be thoroughly pissed.
Old 2009-04-04, 10:58   Link #2134
kubik
Helen ftw!

Spoiler for Slayerx:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
I too have noticed the subtle (or perhaps not-so-subtle) hints toward NaruSaku that have developed over the course of the series, but then Kishi throws us this curveball. It is a really peculiar set of circumstances. The series probably has maybe 100 chapters left, and thus far we have the NaruSaku relationship that has developed at a steady, if not slow pace, and we've got the NaruHina relationship which has been completely one-sided and mostly overlooked until recently, so something's gotta happen relatively soon. We don't know what Naruto's reaction is going to be, but if this does end with NaruHina it'll make the former NaruSaku scenes seem almost completely meaningless.
Quote:
Kishi himeself admitted that he didnt thought about romance until volume 35.

"(...)I'd never really thought about it [romance] until now.(...)"

"(...)The manga is up to volume 35 in Japan.(...)"

http://www.thecenternetwork.com/foru...showtopic=2604
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9
Of course Naruto could not reciprocate Hinata's feelings and it could go nowhere, but to me this would just seem cruel to Hinata's character. Yes maybe the "breakup" will go smoothly and Hinata will accept it gracefully, but really, to have her confess her love and almost die on his behalf just for him to dump her? She may have been better off dying. So yeah, I'm really anxious to see where Kishi's going with this.
Hinata will get hurt a lot, but get better. Thats her character. Constant grow. So yeah it is possible for Hinata to get rejected without breaking her character.

But will Naruto do it? Will he knowingly hurt Hinata? That will be very difficult if not impossible to him. It would be great development for him.

Quote:
On a personal level, I will say this though. If Hinata's only purpose here was to serve as a catalyst for the Kyuubi's release and then as a catalyst for Sakura's feelings toward Naruto, I am going to be thoroughly pissed.
Agree but the chances are slim to none imo. Good characters are not used like this in his manga.
Old 2009-04-04, 13:56   Link #2135
Domini

so now naruto is obligated to get with hinata because of her confession? thats retarded. sure naruto give up your love for sakura afters the many years that its been there because hinata almost gave her life for you, a girl who you barely know and you almost never talk to and you know nothing about. go be with hinata out of pity and guilt and obligation because if you dont you would be a heartless jerk.
Old 2009-04-04, 14:13   Link #2136
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Hinata will get hurt a lot, but get better. Thats her character. Constant grow. So yeah it is possible for Hinata to get rejected without breaking her character.

But will Naruto do it? Will he knowingly hurt Hinata? That will be very difficult if not impossible to him. It would be great development for him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domini View Post
so now naruto is obligated to get with hinata because of her confession? thats retarded. sure naruto give up your love for sakura afters the many years that its been there because hinata almost gave her life for you, a girl who you barely know and you almost never talk to and you know nothing about. go be with hinata out of pity and guilt and obligation because if you dont you would be a heartless jerk.
I agree that Naruto could reject Hinata and she could move on, and I also agree he shouldn't be with her simply out of guilt or obligation. What I was trying to say was that it would be cruel to her character on general principle. As I said before, to have her feelings get shafted after what she had done for Naruto would just be cruel of Kishi. Then again, it all depends on how everything plays out.
Old 2009-04-04, 14:32   Link #2137
kubik
Helen ftw!

couldnt resist :P
Quote:
so now naruto is obligated to get with hinata because of her confession?
more liek he'll obligate himself...
Quote:
sure naruto give up your love for sakura afters the many years that its been there
more liek immature crush that was already resolved in the end of part 1?
Read newest databook plz
Quote:
because hinata almost gave her life for you,
more liek... she did it out of love. And that my friend is serious business to naruto.
Quote:
a girl who you barely know
more liek reread chuunin exams
Quote:
and you know nothing about.
more liek reread it, srsly
Quote:
go be with hinata out of pity and guilt and obligation because if you dont you would be a heartless jerk.
more liek Naruto will call himself a heartless jerk if he dont

Domini sorry.

Quote:
What I was trying to say was that it would be cruel to her character on general principle.
Its not right! Its not fair!
Well you can count on this; Hinata will always have a special place in his heart. Afterall she was the first girl to confess her love to him.
Old 2009-04-04, 14:44   Link #2138
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Its not right! Its not fair!
Well you can count on this; Hinata will always have a special place in his heart. Afterall she was the first girl to confess her love to him.
Well, with any luck, in the end she'll be a little bit more than that
Old 2009-04-04, 15:04   Link #2139
Domini

ya and i cant resist either

Quote:
more liek he'll obligate himself...
more like wishful thinking?

Quote:
more liek immature crush that was already resolved in the end of part 1?
Read newest databook plz
more like consistency in their feelings for eachother because his feelings have evolved from being a crush to love for sakura because hes evolved as a person too. and the databook doesnt mean shit, theres always misinformation in it and it has shit to do with naruhina. YOU re-read it plz.

Quote:
more liek... she did it out of love. And that my friend is serious business to naruto.
more like serious business for you maybe but we still have no clue how naruto will react. get off your high horse NaruHina shipper

Quote:
more liek reread chuunin exams
more like it lasted no more than 4-5 chapters in length compared to the 442 current chapters made in naruto and had jack shit to do with naruhina. you shippers use any petty excuse you can to justify your shipping

Quote:
more liek reread it, srsly
more like get off your arrogant high horse and open your eyes, srsly

Quote:
more liek Naruto will call himself a heartless jerk if he dont
more like you shippers will call him a heartless jerk if he doesnt

better luck next time.
Old 2009-04-04, 15:05   Link #2140
Alchemist007
*Author

*Insert reasons why Sakura will be the one
*Other person incites quote wars
*Repeat process until new chapter comes out
*Repeat entire process until series ends
*Pending on open ending it may just be...continue warring until end of time
*If someone actually wins, get bragging rights for life and other party has option of seppuku.

Just a formal outline we'll continue following. I'll contribute as I have been, this post is cause...I'm just bored