AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

View Poll Results: Darker Than Black 2nd Season - Episode 05 Rating
Perfect 10 11 12.79%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 26 30.23%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 29.07%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 17.44%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 4.65%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.33%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.16%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.16%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.16%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-07, 12:29   Link #61
Vanehei
Sousuke rules

Send a message via MSN to Vanehei
I guess Suou will fire against the truck that has Hei inside.... with Hei inside.....

Another plot hole...

If the truck has something so valious in it... why there werent guardians inside it too?.... kind of weird
Old 2009-11-07, 12:56   Link #62
Chrono Helix

I was expecting him to get on the truck, close the door, then look at the interior of the truck and suddenly be attacked. I'm glad that didn't happen.
Old 2009-11-07, 13:17   Link #63
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
this episode was great the only problem is now i have to wait a whole god damm week for the next episode. i have to admit that i was also quite surprised that there was no protection inside the truck. i think they baited Hei into the truck and they set it up so Misaki will get to meet up with him again in ep6
Old 2009-11-07, 13:20   Link #64
Beruko08
The Shadow of Twilight
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Beruko08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashima View Post
I guess Suou will fire against the truck that has Hei inside.... with Hei inside.....

Another plot hole...

If the truck has something so valious in it... why there werent guardians inside it too?.... kind of weird
That truck could be just a decoy to trap Hei in, imo.
Not to say there weren't any guardians but no signs of contractors like Mrs.light saber either.
Old 2009-11-07, 13:26   Link #65
Sigsig

Quote:
Originally Posted by xKeen View Post
So...Hei is not a contractor anymore? He didn't shock the woman when he had her in his arms.
And they said something about losing contractor powers.Suou might not be a contractor,based on the observation(Meteor fragment again).
We need more action in the future episodes,needs more Hei.Suou too. Thats some odd telephone there...
I think so too. The anti-contractor weapon was meant to kill contractors, so I guess the contractor part of Hei was killed but somehow it was salvaged by Suou's pendant
Old 2009-11-07, 13:43   Link #66
Kunagisa

When Shion first got "nuked" and became a contractor, didn't the screen flashed to the "sky" and showed a star shining (I have no way to confirm this since I don't have access to the episodes right now)?

For Suou, when she became a "contractor", it just shows her realizing it and start folding cranes, but we haven't really seen her star.

Surprisingly, I usually get very annoyed with a character that just chases the main character for a long period of time; however, I'm still ok with Misaki.
Old 2009-11-07, 13:47   Link #67
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Suou might not be a contractor,based on the observation(Meteor fragment again).
She could have evolved into a new species like contractors you know, like Wonder Woman for example.
Old 2009-11-07, 14:21   Link #68
orangejuicetang

You know, listening to the music during the scene where the contractors arrive to capture Hei and the others, the comments about "Hei's rave music" from the discussion on the first episode always runs through my head, killing the seriousness, and making the scene unintentionally hilarious for some reason.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
Old 2009-11-07, 14:23   Link #69
laboo

my guess is that the anti-contractor thing (izanami) and Yin are one in the same..
so basically Yin took Hei's powers but spared his life...

however, it's hard to say whether there's anything in that box or if it was all a trap for Hei... the heist just seemed all to easy...

seems more and more likely that the Oreille woman is the one pulling all the strings... giving Hei orders etc..

also... if you take another look at Hei's flashback seen of Yin 'leaving' him, it's a similar set up (bodies lying on the ground everywhere) as when his sister fried a bunch of people back in the first season...
Old 2009-11-07, 14:35   Link #70
Intranetusa
Pedites Extraordinarii

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
First, wasn't it mentioned in the previous episode that the place was a bankrupt, abandoned love hotel? Chances are there probably is nobody else in that entire building. It doesn't seem to be in a residential area either, so chances are that there's nobody living nearby. I see no logical flaw with assuming their action considering the above two facts. I mean, seriously, what are the chances that somebody's going to go "Hello, police? I was walking along an abandoned redlight district at midnight when I heard a loud bang from an abandoned building. Can you please send some officers to come check it out?"
Well, the city they're in is basically half sunk/half abandoned...so it wouldn't be surprising if their meager police force would hardly care about random noises in abandoned buildings...
Old 2009-11-07, 15:19   Link #71
orangejuicetang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intranetusa View Post
Well, the city they're in is basically half sunk/half abandoned...so it wouldn't be surprising if their meager police force would hardly care about random noises in abandoned buildings...
Isn't that what I'm saying?

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
Old 2009-11-07, 15:34   Link #72
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

For the life of me i cant understand why they seem to be wasting their time so much in this episode in a 12 ep series. Either they're going to completely ignore the vast plot from part one or solely make this one big arc about souo. The plot was very slow paced. Gotta say i laughed when Misaki went "If he's living with a woman.."

And i cant wait for next week when toilet woman gets flushed by suou.
Old 2009-11-07, 15:55   Link #73
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Hobo Hei really just doesn't do it for me. I don't care about his powers, but he should wear that mask and that long coat of his when he fights.
Old 2009-11-07, 17:32   Link #74
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Hobo Hei really just doesn't do it for me. I don't care about his powers, but he should wear that mask and that long coat of his when he fights.
Yeah, I keep expecting him to zap the contractor and nothing happens. It's a small let down to watch him fight.

I think that Suou is incomplete because she's still a kid. Tanya was more mature and became a better contractor. Suou was still in her inquisitive/exploration stage and not going into the rebellious teen stage.

But something's not quite right with her. I'm still wondering about her memory. She looked at a sub at the epilogue and called it a whale.
Old 2009-11-07, 17:42   Link #75
gunrik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
And i cant wait for next week when toilet woman gets flushed by suou.
LOL toilet women, nice one.

This episode was great, by the way do you think she killed the bug? lol. From this episode we know that Suou isn't a normal contractor like Tanya, she still got human feelings, must be because of the necklace, but as always we expect more the episode coming, this case where Suou starts doing the mission.
Old 2009-11-07, 18:02   Link #76
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Omg the guy who "love" Suou is very annoying -_-" .

Well , with Hei i think its a trap too .
I think Inazami isn't an item but someone , maybe Yin?
Rofl the ninja girl when Misaki was talking about Hei "jealous" . I think its the ninja girl who is more jealous XD

Lol Suou make me laugh in the end "Whale?"
Suou and July they are cute ^^
Old 2009-11-07, 21:34   Link #77
caracantabile

I liked this episode a lot. Hobo Hei is okay by my book, but I was starting wonder by the end of episode four if he had lost any trace of humanity in him which is part of what made him such a, what's the word, loveable? (not exactly what I'm looking for) character in Season 1.

The fact that he appears to have conflicting emotions about Suou is a good indicator that the old Hei hasn't entirely disappeared. I think Hei is trying very hard not to like Suou, because he doesn't want to get close to anyone again --- after losing his sister not once, but twice (lost, then realization that of her death), then Amber, then not only his entire team but the person he ended up caring for again (Yin), I'm sure Hei would rather do without any close personal relationships.

Suou confuses him and I think frightens him a little. She's more of a child than Yin but from the flashback in episode 2 or 3 when she's crying and asking why he killed the people she knew and cared about shows that there's some reminder of Yin for Hei in her.

I really, absolutely love the fact that Suou is an "irregular contractor". I agree with other people in that it would have killed the story for me if she turned out as robotic and unemotional as Tanya did, and I'm hoping that in the end she *is* something else -- contractors after all, are evolving in ways that no one predicted -- developing emotions (Huang's GF, Yin), developing real relationships -- July calling November 11 his "aibo" (partner/pal), Yin and Hei's ambiguous relationship at the end of season 1.

I know some people have been disappointed with the series so far, but I'm actually happier with this (not happy being Yin-less though, but I can see how it doesn't fit in the plotline) because of the continuous story arc and better laid-out action vs contemplative scenes.

But please, Hei, shave! That's just a step away from actually eating solid food again, right? All that stubble is terribly unappealing
Old 2009-11-07, 22:03   Link #78
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
about the meteor fragment i was thinking after watching ep5 it sort of struck me that before everything happened with her brother she showed contractor signs and then when the was with her frind in his house and saw the anti-tank gun she wanted to use then the first sing of trouble she gets into next she is suddenly able to materialise it out of the fragment.

once i thought of this i was thinking along the lines that this new type of fragment is the reason that contractors manifested their powers in the first place but instead kets the person that holds it it lets them choose their own power.

i thought of this because at the end of season 1 and in season 2 the saturn/jupiter ring was a device that was meant to destroy contractors powers which teir theory worked that the first season fragments emitted a type of wave. now with season 2 fragment this one houses the waves that give contractors powers. and thinking along these lines i was hoping thats how Hei will get his power back once he comes in contact with Suous's fragment.
Old 2009-11-08, 02:38   Link #79
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Considering his one of the two newest addiction which is booze (the other one is about lolis and discipline - like Mikoo posted, he is living the good life ), I won't be surprised if he had sold his coat to get the money. And then he met the very hawt sinister chick with her equally creepy twins from the Shining who might have given him a new coat.

....And then he threw his coat at that self-proclaimed magician guy's head and he also wasn't able to retrieve it before diving into the water with Suou.
Old 2009-11-08, 03:51   Link #80
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to forgottendiary Send a message via MSN to forgottendiary Send a message via Yahoo to forgottendiary
Ok episode, but that henshin still made me facepalm. =_=