AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-02-03, 02:44   Link #1
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Nanoha General Manga Discussion

This thread is for the discussion of the various Nanoha manga series not covered in the Nanoha Force or Vivid threads:

Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A's
Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS THE COMICS

Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha MOVIE 1st THE COMICS

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Linking to scan sites or individual scanlating group sites are forbidden. An acceptable alternative is the individual series page on Mangaupdates.com.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2011-04-19 at 10:28.
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 03:59   Link #2
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

First post yay! I remember to have readed some info about the final chapter of the MOVIE 1st manga, did you know the release date? or is already published? Btw, i guess this will cover the "bridge" scene again(except for a few details like the "Say my name" scene that already happened on Ch. 15/Sequence 2-1).

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 04:20   Link #3
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
First post yay! I remember to have readed some info about the final chapter of the MOVIE 1st manga, did you know the release date? or is already published? Btw, i guess this will cover the "bridge" scene again(except for a few details like the "Say my name" scene that already happened on Ch. 15/Sequence 2-1).
It's already out, and yes -- it's the bridge scene.
Old 2011-02-03, 10:26   Link #4
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
For the record I think splitting the threads was a bad idea. It makes things unecessarily bothersome to go to 3 different threads when sticking with 1 is so much more efficient.

So what thread are we supposed to post Force and Vivid comparisons in? This one?

Anyways, I heard that the movie 1st manga isn't ending, but it's going on a break or something. Maybe it'll resume with lead up to the 2nd movie.
Old 2011-02-03, 11:55   Link #5
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
For the record I think splitting the threads was a bad idea. It makes things unecessarily bothersome to go to 3 different threads when sticking with 1 is so much more efficient.
I actually preferred it this way, and asked the question why people didn't post in the respective threads, but always got vague "meh, just the way it's done" answers. It does help those who prefer not to listen to, say, a current debate on Force.

Quote:
So what thread are we supposed to post Force and Vivid comparisons in? This one?
Either, depending on what the focus is. Say, if we're discussing a Vivid part, and comparing it to Force, it would probably go best in the Vivid thread. As long as things don't go too off track, I'd say a little comparison is fine in either.

Quote:
Anyways, I heard that the movie 1st manga isn't ending, but it's going on a break or something. Maybe it'll resume with lead up to the 2nd movie.
Makes sense.

At this point, I'm not entirely sure what the point of the Movie 1st Manga was, if it ends up basically the same thing. The movie itself, I understood the point; redo S1 into a movie with enhanced animation telling the story that Tsuzuki wanted to tell. I may have issues with the movie, but I understand why it was made. The movie manga, though, I don't get. It's just another retelling. It does make the Nanoha/Fate fight more realistic and gritty, but that's about it.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 14:49   Link #6
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
I actually preferred it this way, and asked the question why people didn't post in the respective threads, but always got vague "meh, just the way it's done" answers. It does help those who prefer not to listen to, say, a current debate on Force.
Well, before this official split-up we only had a Vivid thread, (which itself was ported from the general manga thread so kinda got a "huh, what's this doing here?" response) but no Force thread. This made the 'general' thread still the most popular thread since everyone else hung out there. It was tried several times, but with Vivid discussions being split among the two threads debates always sunk back to the original thread.

But now that the split is official and enforced (not to mention the original thread locked), things should go more smoothly.

But now that I'm reminded of the StrikerS manga... did we ever hear anything from that? It's been licensed, but I don't recall a peep after that.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 14:55   Link #7
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
They were waiting for the anime to be licensed I believe.

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 14:57   Link #8
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

I prefer it when everyone hangs out in the spot and we can comment on the franchise as a whole. Now we gotta hope between three places in order to get news and updates and such.

The StrikerS manga went up for preorder ages ago, but the supposed release date has long since passed. I know some people had their preorders cancelled on them, but my order through Chapters/Indigo/Coles is still active.
Old 2011-02-03, 15:07   Link #9
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
At least you know when something was leaked and or translated. Just look at the thread with an extra few pages or so since the day before

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 15:10   Link #10
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

But that happens anytime there's any sort of disagreement
Old 2011-02-03, 16:26   Link #11
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Very likely.

While it's true that The MOVIE 1st manga is a weird experiment i actuallyn ended up liking it, it gives new dimensions to steablished characters and while the story is the same as the MOVIE and S1 i'll think it's one of the best parts of the franchise so i'm ol with the various interpretations, mainatin the story alive and fresh.

...also the battles are amazing and the drawing style it's simply kickass xD!

Waiting for more kickass battles between the aces and the Wolkenritter xD.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-02-03, 21:32   Link #12
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Actually, speaking of which, has the movie manga been updated at all recently? I admit I haven't been around the thread much recently (Oooohh, new thread, so shiny!), so maybe I missed something. But I've been looking to get caught back up, so I'm wondering if I missed any updates for the movie manga.
Old 2011-02-03, 21:48   Link #13
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Up to chapter 15 has been translated. There's only one chapter left after that.
Old 2011-02-28, 17:18   Link #14
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Um... I guess I should post this here?

Just got a look at that special chapter thing that I can't remember it if was published with Vivid or Force

Anyways, it's that one about Hayate, where by the looks of things she's exhausted and goes to see Shamal, who tells her to rest. Hayate goes to sleep but has a dream where everyone leaves her, only to wake up to find Nanoha, Fate, Suzuka, and Alisa there.

It was a nice little short thing, even if it was in moon I guess they wanted to give Hayate some more love?
Old 2011-03-01, 12:45   Link #15
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

So, Arisa and Suzuka made their way into ViVid ...in a dream?

well, it's better than nothign i guess xDU.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-03-01, 15:01   Link #16
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

It wasn't part of Vivid. it's a separate side story drawn by a different artist.

The dream part refers to Hayate's nightmare where everyone leaves her. When she wakes up, Alisa and Suzuka are actually there (Hayate thinks of Chrono, so he probably did something to get them there).
Old 2011-03-01, 15:16   Link #17
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Yup, finally watched it, still i'm very glad to see Arisa and Suzuka again(if even for a moment) hope they make their way into ViVid sometime(if they land in FORCe they will probably end up beiing hurt/killed just to boost the drama even more xDU).

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-03-07, 08:31   Link #18
aers
*Fansubber

Bonus with Movie manga Vol2, I assume its just the old Signum vs Nanoha chapter.
aers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-07, 08:38   Link #19
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Yeah, I think so too.

Final movie manga chapter's been translated, btw.
Old 2011-03-07, 08:49   Link #20
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I can probably count the number of times Signum smiled with one hand...
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote