AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-05-19, 06:39   Link #3861
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonfr View Post
That's actually another point of confusion. Big confusion actually. A team scans posted that part 3 starts at chapter 150. But since it's new waves, it's like "Is it part 3 of new waves? Or is it part 3 of the whole series?"
The last arc of New Waves has started with chapter 150. So when this arc end Part 3 will start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dokko-tak (A-Team Translator)
here's a stepping back on my own translation.

i went and re-read the little blurb about the alleged end of Part 2. and now, mysteriously, i am reading that with the end of nw149, part 2 will be entering its climax, the final episode. so, let me take back what i said originally, and say that Breaker Part 2 isn't finished yet. nw150 onward = last episode or arc, of Part 2.

the thing is, the authors used the english word, "episode", and i guess i kinda jumped the gun and thought it was referring to Part 3. and you know how the mind works, right? once you get a bias inside your head, you see and read things the way you want it to look...

oh well, so, this goes to show you: i am human, too.
my apologies (not for being a human, but) for making a mistake.
ha-ha!

(maybe i should have said APRIL FOOLS! very early... or very late... take your pick.)
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-19, 08:37   Link #3862
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Teg View Post
The last arc of New Waves has started with chapter 150. So when this arc end Part 3 will start.
Ahhh thank you so much. I've been confused over that for a while!
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-23, 03:11   Link #3863
ta2666

Guesses wolf didn't switch sides after all. Well this is pre translation so maybe I missed something.

Does seem like they tried to blow him up tho
ta2666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-23, 05:11   Link #3864
anonfr

Ahh. So He did come in peace after all. Still doesn't answer if he's switching sides or not, but at least he's good intended..

He did betray suc though.
Old 2014-05-23, 08:35   Link #3865
ta2666

Well that shitty star blew them up. On a side note he decided to apologize for dragging us along for an extra year, make of that what you will.
ta2666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-23, 08:50   Link #3866
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I'm starting to lose interest in this series...
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-23, 10:11   Link #3867
zibi88

too many characters and it keeps on dragging on.... breaker 1 was mainly focused on shion, gromo, siho and sosul... well maybe on the goblin a little too... rest was just pure fodders

in this series there are sides and few chars on each side... so a huge splash of dragging to the interesting parts

and its like I said it would (HA! xD) wolf saw what suc is doing and wanted to warn shioon as he mostly wants to protect this kid as he is worthy so anyway he betrayed Suc... and I guess he and Dae-san will somehow protect themselfs from the bombs wave ( they are fast so they could escape... or use cars as shields)... if wolf protects some sunwoo clan members they might overlook his actions and contact shioon

anyway it looks like Cool-guy is at the brink of leaving suc too.... using bombs on their own members that helped them to get to this point... not mention using the biggest way a coward can go...using bombs.... shioon at least defeated cool-guy in 1v1 and was not using dirty tricks

the goth girl mostly is leaving suc too.... killing innocent people with bombs is too low to be a part in that

but man it would be nice if wolf killed star for the bomb he just set...
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-20, 07:26   Link #3868
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

So... who was the guy who was surprised about Shioon being still alive, again?
GreyZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-20, 07:42   Link #3869
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
So... who was the guy who was surprised about Shioon being still alive, again?
So Jung Chan. He's So Chun Hyuk's uncle, and I'm pretty sure he's the current Gaju of the Chundomoon and So Chun is apart of. In the fandom he's called smugface.

Anyways @ta2666 I think the Drugs/Mind control theory seems much stronger after this latest chapter. 9AD not remembering if he had a disciple and Shi Ho flashbacks? what? and those looks and the medicine. whatt. I've become a believer in the mind control theory.
Old 2014-06-20, 08:17   Link #3870
bludvein

Quote:
So Jung Chan. He's So Chun Hyuk's uncle, and I'm pretty sure he's the current Gaju of the Chundomoon and So Chun is apart of. In the fandom he's called smugface.

Anyways @ta2666 I think the Drugs/Mind control theory seems much stronger after this latest chapter. 9AD not remembering if he had a disciple and Shi Ho flashbacks? what? and those looks and the medicine. whatt. I've become a believer in the mind control theory.
He's not the head of chundomoon, that's some old guy we have only seen in flashbacks. So-Chun(the "genius" kid) is the assistant head and heir. Smug Face is part of the main family and fairly high up though.

It's not even a theory at this point, but fact. 9AD has definitely been brainwashed.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-20, 08:34   Link #3871
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
He's not the head of chundomoon, that's some old guy we have only seen in flashbacks. So-Chun(the "genius" kid) is the assistant head and heir. Smug Face is part of the main family and fairly high up though.

It's not even a theory at this point, but fact. 9AD has definitely been brainwashed.
Noo, the old guy is a Munju. Munju=Grandmaster, So-Munju=Assistant master, and that's So Chun.

So Jung was referred too as Gaju which means clan head. He might be clan head, he might not be, but the old guy definitely isn't because he's a Munju.

Gaju and Munju aren't interchangeable because they mean different things entirely. I'm sure sometimes you can be both, but not always.

Take the Song Clan for instance, Gijoo Song, the guy with the steel grip that 9AD fought in The Breaker, was the Gaju of the Song clan. Kang Sung who later became the alliance chief was the Munju of the clan's school.

So-Chun is a So-Munju but he also stated that he'd be willing to fight So Jung for the head seat, which probably means Clan Head.

The really confusing part is, I'm not sure if Chun Do Moon is even a clan. It means Heavenly Way School, so it might just be a martial arts school absent of a clan, unlike the Sun-Woo which is a clan.

At the very least, I am sure the old guy is just the Munju, since he's only ever been referred too as such.

9AD probably is brainwashed, but until it's confirmed without a shadow of doubt I'll hold back on treating it as such. But I definitely believe he's brain washed.
Old 2014-06-20, 08:56   Link #3872
bludvein

Quote:
Noo, the old guy is a Munju. Munju=Grandmaster, So-Munju=Assistant master, and that's So Chun.

So Jung was referred too as Gaju which means clan head. He might be clan head, he might not be, but the old guy definitely isn't because he's a Munju.

Gaju and Munju aren't interchangeable because they mean different things entirely. I'm sure sometimes you can be both, but not always.

Take the Song Clan for instance, Gijoo Song, the guy with the steel grip that 9AD fought in The Breaker, was the Gaju of the Song clan. Kang Sung who later became the alliance chief was the Munju of the clan's school.

So-Chun is a So-Munju but he also stated that he'd be willing to fight So Jung for the head seat, which probably means Clan Head.

The really confusing part is, I'm not sure if Chun Do Moon is even a clan. It means Heavenly Way School, so it might just be a martial arts school absent of a clan, unlike the Sun-Woo which is a clan.

At the very least, I am sure the old guy is just the Munju, since he's only ever been referred too as such.

9AD probably is brainwashed, but until it's confirmed without a shadow of doubt I'll hold back on treating it as such. But I definitely believe he's brain washed.
We know smug face is definitely not the Chundomoon Gaju, or he wouldn't be trying to pick a fight with So-Chun. It's obvious he is jealous, and there were implications he is trying to gather support for a coup.

Btw I don't see why you can't be a munju and a clan head at the same time. Nothing says the titles are mutually exclusive.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-20, 09:07   Link #3873
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
We know smug face is definitely not the Chundomoon Gaju, or he wouldn't be trying to pick a fight with So-Chun. It's obvious he is jealous, and there were implications he is trying to gather support for a coup.

Btw I don't see why you can't be a munju and a clan head at the same time. Nothing says the titles are mutually exclusive.
I didn't say they were mutually exclusive. I said, I'm sure you can be both the Munju and the Gaju, but that's not always the case. I literally said that in my last post. Did you just skip over that part entirely?

I actually think the Former Gaju of the Song clan, was both the Gaju and the Munju, since I'm pretty sure he was referred too as Kang Sung's master as well as the clan head. God, I love how the Song clan is so good for examples.

And we don't know that So Jung is definitely not the Gaju. Jae-gal refers to him as Gaju, and So-Chun says he'd be willing to fight him to be the Gaju.

So Jung is never said to not be the Gaju though. So, he might or might be. So Chun definitely isn't, the Grandmaster definitely isn't.

I personally think that, both So Jung and So Chun are in the line of succession but it's not decided yet, since So Chun said he's going to fight for him for it.

It's honestly not that clear. He probably won't be the Gaju by the time part 2 ends though.

For the record, since Elder Kwon is referred too as 1 of the 10 great Grand Masters, he would be the Munju of the Sun-Woo's school of martial arts, and Shioon is head of the Sunwoo clan.
Old 2014-06-20, 12:30   Link #3874
zibi88

hahaha well it turns out that I was right with my theory that Gromo is drugged with the mind control pills so generally brainwashed... but some said I was nuts back there so who is nuts now

the little shrimp medic is the one doing the drugging like I said some chapters back....and it looks like the black haired woman might not be aware of that stuff

and the question is from who's blood was that medicine made... from shioon's or sosuls
Old 2014-06-20, 12:44   Link #3875
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
hahaha well it turns out that I was right with my theory that Gromo is drugged with the mind control pills so generally brainwashed... but some said I was nuts back there so who is nuts now

the little shrimp medic is the one doing the drugging like I said some chapters back....and it looks like the black haired woman might not be aware of that stuff

and the question is from who's blood was that medicine made... from shioon's or sosuls
So Medicine can only be made from the blood of a Sunwoo Gaju? That's the deal now? That's a strange stereotype to apply to them.

It can't be like, medicine not made from the blood of a sunwoo gaju?
Old 2014-06-20, 15:00   Link #3876
zibi88

Quote:
So Medicine can only be made from the blood of a Sunwoo Gaju? That's the deal now? That's a strange stereotype to apply to them.

It can't be like, medicine not made from the blood of a sunwoo gaju?
or Sosul who has similar body to shioon...and she is with kaiser which might point out she is under similar thing like gromo

Well lots of chapters back the wicked doctor was draining lots lots lots of blood from shioon (and he even mentioned that from his blood he will make medicine [since the pills he gave shioon to get some ki powers back for a time beign was made in similar fashion])... well Sera noona did put a lots of bags back into him but the ammount that was left behind is a mystery

besides the doctor gave a little of shioons blood to illmoon (cant remember their clan name xD) who used it to try and revive Siho but in return they had to allow him use of the laboratory (the alchemy room).... in which he mostly created the mind control pills (and I wouldnt be supprised if it was made from shioons blood as it posseses a lots of strong ki stored in it)... since later on the same guy said to Sera and shioon about how many boxes they made and how much medicine could be in them...

Even the pill that shioon got at Breaker 1 from Siho... was made from blood (that came from murim masters) and later shioons blood helped to heal a little the weak Sosul (she drank his blood that had ki stored in it)... after that she could talk way more then she could before.
Old 2014-06-20, 15:00   Link #3877
tsunade666

this is getting stupid >_>

a major turn off. I thought his doing this for revenge but it turn out to be his being mind f*ck control.
Old 2014-06-20, 17:10   Link #3878
Johnny
Working the bags...

Walk, walk, walk, walking, walk, walk, walking, and walk some more. Reminds me of this scene...

Spoiler:
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-25, 14:40   Link #3879
dazo
english for dummies 2 ed.

new waves is nothing in comparison to original breaker

we used to have a dark atmosphere, more brutality,dismemberment, heck even the comedy parts were good, and the fanservice was low.. but now this fell to soft , the atmosphere is warm, all fight end in a tie ( strike , kick, will power ) or , the bad just start to "love" the mc, and don't make talk about fanservice....

and that colored cover.. why they lose time in the cover and don use that time to improve the art (colored cover should be in the compilation).. ....i miss the old art...well the reason that now is weekly.. but...so many hiatus.. maybe the breaker should be biweekly....

and why amnesia( or memory loss)...... now Goomoonryong lose his memory...... shiho will lose her memory ( is obvious that she will not remember anything, and why is she still alive.. a sniper bullet break you...ahh. yeah.. shioon blood )

now.. we are gonna get a lot of speaking and traveling in the damn car... to a hype battle, that will end in a anticlimactic end, with a bloody and happy shioon.. nobody die.. except some runts, an maybe the idiot of the ji -gu....

and i still think that suc, and the kaiser plans are nonsense, a groups of gangs, to conquer a city....please this is 21 century, where are the advancements in weapons technology .. the "never brings a sword to a gun fight " ( that include lightsabers ) is nowhere to be seen ......
Old 2014-06-25, 15:30   Link #3880
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazo View Post
new waves is nothing in comparison to original breaker

we used to have a dark atmosphere, more brutality,dismemberment, heck even the comedy parts were good, and the fanservice was low.. but now this fell to soft , the atmosphere is warm, all fight end in a tie ( strike , kick, will power ) or , the bad just start to "love" the mc, and don't make talk about fanservice....

and that colored cover.. why they lose time in the cover and don use that time to improve the art (colored cover should be in the compilation).. ....i miss the old art...well the reason that now is weekly.. but...so many hiatus.. maybe the breaker should be biweekly....

and why amnesia( or memory loss)...... now Goomoonryong lose his memory...... shiho will lose her memory ( is obvious that she will not remember anything, and why is she still alive.. a sniper bullet break you...ahh. yeah.. shioon blood )

now.. we are gonna get a lot of speaking and traveling in the damn car... to a hype battle, that will end in a anticlimactic end, with a bloody and happy shioon.. nobody die.. except some runts, an maybe the idiot of the ji -gu....

and i still think that suc, and the kaiser plans are nonsense, a groups of gangs, to conquer a city....please this is 21 century, where are the advancements in weapons technology .. the "never brings a sword to a gun fight " ( that include lightsabers ) is nowhere to be seen ......
That is unlikely, considering there is supposed to be a "part 3". It would be weird if New Waves just ends with 9AD switching sides again. It would make the bad side camp quite empty.

And regarding technology: We already got the bombs, which martial arts cannot defend against. And as you could see the police forces have been infiltrated by Kaiser's people (which is ironic, considering glasses guy also works/worked for him) so even if they had the really big guns, he has ways to interfere with that. And you have to consider that this is South Korea and not the USA.
GreyZone is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gar, harem, manhwa, martial arts, new waves